Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers (30488 Views)

Kano Deports 60,000 Beggars To Four States, Other Countries / PHOTOS: Beggers In Front Of National Mosque When Buhari Came To Pray / Lagos Deports Anambra Refugees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sosisi(f): 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2009
when will Fashola send these ones to Ado Ekiti or Ogbomosho where they rightly belong

Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2009
^^^ soon take their poor asses back to
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 11:03pm On Aug 23, 2009
becomrich.:

You have to allow the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state join the republic of benin.  Look our govt are borrowing money to pay bills now. we need to go. since you people love to cheat us.

But i feel there are way to resolve this thing.

What are you talking about?
Let Yorubas join who? Benin Republic should join the Yorubas
How many are they in Benin republic? The residents of Surulere and Yaba alone outnumber the whole Benin Republic.

Becomerich, don't make me bash your nose with a sledge-hammer tonight and please. . . .no satellite pictures tonight.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

We don't care if Fashola becomes a President or not.
The task at hand is to rid Lagos of these undesirable elements and i am 110% of this idea.
All vagrants should be sent back to their states of origin.

I don't think Fashola will loose sleep about Presidency

add 40years to Fashola's age, at that age Presidency will not be his problem.

I don't think he is or should be bothered
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2009
Is that going to be the new trend? Send your weak and poor back to their states of origin, believing it is for the greater good in a country like Nigeria?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Afaukwu: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2009
We don't care if Fashola becomes a President or not.
The task at hand is to rid Lagos of these undesirable elements and i am 110% of this idea.
All vagrants should be sent back to their states of origin.

Let Fasola speak for himself. I know he is ambitious. He has dug his political grave.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2009
no send the non productive back to their states non tax payers
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

What are you talking about?
Let Yorubas join who? Benin Republic should join the Yorubas
How many are they in Benin republic? The residents of Surulere and Yaba alone outnumber the whole Benin Republic.

Becomerich, don't make me bash your nose with a sledge-hammer tonight and please. . . .no satellite pictures tonight.

Do not touch the tail of a lion even if it is alive or dead  wink

@sjeezy

I can see you have nothing in your skull.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Afaukwu: 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
mikeansy:

You are right bruv. Yoruba have to wait for their next turn after 8 years of Objoke grin grin grin
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
Afaukwu:

Let Fasola speak for himself. I know he is ambitious. He has dug his political grave.

Let him dig it. . . . .Stop using Nyquill for someone else's menstrual pains.
Has Fashola complained to you he has made a mistake by sending street urchins back to their states of origin?

mikeansy:

He doesn't even want the 2nd term like most Governors. . . .The man is not power drunk. . . .
Out of all the Governors in Nigeria as we speak. . . .Fashola has impressed me the most.
He reminds me of Orji Kalu of 2002/3.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by SapeleGuy: 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2009
mikeansy:

What you guys don't understand is that Ibrahim Shekarua and his Hisbah Army will as well have the right to round up non-indegenes in Kano and dump them wherever he likes.

Who defines the norms of any society other than the constitution? who decides what is and what is'nt acceptable? other than the constitution?

When this escalates, folks should bear withness that Fashola Started it.

No society treats its weak like Asylum seekers. Only in Nigeria can you hear folks justifying such nonsense. I know there is a good chance these folks are not even Nigerians (But so long as that has not been established they can only be assumed to be Nigerians). But so long as we continue to shy away from the truths and debates that will set things straight, we have a duty to live with the Status Quo.

WHAT FASHOLA AND THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT ARE DOING IS CRIMINAL UNDER THE LAW.

Excellent post. As usual our people think it is okay to oppress the weak, they forget that if they gave some justice to the poor the rich wouldn't need a weapon.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by LadyT(f): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
Its not even a tribe thing!

Its a begger thing.  What makes me laugh who the hell dashed them busfare to come ALL the way to another state to beg!
Dont get me wrong some beggers are a result of certain situations.  But lets be honest all over the world there are many professional beggers and these northern ones are nothing special.  

In the state where they are from money has been allocated (apprantly) to help them so why do they except another state to just allow them to litter the streets.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
How does Fashola know where they come from?

The fact that a lion clawed someone's face/cheek does not mean he is from Ibadan or Ijebu Igbo
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

Let him dig it. . . . .Stop using Nyquill for someone else's menstrual pains.
Has Fashola complained to you he has made a mistake by sending street urchins back to their states of origin?

He doesn't even want the 2nd term like most Governors. . . .
Out of all the Governors in Nigeria as we speak. . . .Fashola has impressed me the most.
He reminds me of Orji Kalu of 2002/3.

Do  not mention this guys name on the same level as fashola.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2009
asha 80:

Do  not mention this guys name on the same level as fashola.

Why? He was excellent in Abia state until you people infected him with corruption.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2009
IF YOU CANT BETTER NIGERIA TAKE YOUR ASS BACK TO NIGER OR MALI OR BKF

IF YOU CANT BETTER LAGOS TAKE YOUR POOR ASS BACK TO THE VILLAGE AND DO FARMING UNTIL YOUR READY TO CONTRIBUTE
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2009
Asha 80

I have no clue where this Myth about Orji comes from

All the Yoruba guys I know think Orji was a good Governor

They simply do not know where Aba is
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2009
sjeezy8:

IF YOU CANT BETTER NIGERIA TAKE YOUR ASS BACK TO NIGER OR MALI OR BKF

IF YOU CANT BETTER LAGOS TAKE YOUR POOR ASS BACK TO THE VILLAGE AND DO FARMING UNTIL YOUR READY TO CONTRIBUTE

+1.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Is that going to be the new trend? Send your weak and poor back to their states of origin, believing it is for the greater good in a country like Nigeria?
Who told you they are weak? So because they beg 4 money n food they are weak. Some northerners came to lagos to work like those meruwas, washmen n alabarus. If they not disabled,why beg? Most of them just pretend to be blind anyways
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Even Criminals are NOT DEPORTED back to their states unless the law allows for that. When it comes to dealing with criminals, no state wants criminals dropped off at it's own doors just cause another state wants to Play nice by not sending them to jail to serve whatever punishment awaits them there.

I wonder o.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2009
~Sauron~:

Why? He was excellent in Abia state until you people infected him with corruption.

Abeg Sauron no talk wetin you no know?OUK excellent in abia?'Us' infecting him corruption?I laugh in boko haram!
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2009
mikeansy:

Asha 80

I have no clue where this Myth about Orji comes from

All the Yoruba guys I know think Orji was a good Governor

They simply do not know where Aba is

OUK wey we from east all know is the person they are hailing.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2009
The woman wey born orji na citadel of corruption

don't like to abuse Mothers but this one na fact.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Beaf: 11:17pm On Aug 23, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Words fail me! Do we hate each other this much?  
Is Lagos planning to secede? Is Lagos ready for the dish they are preparing?

The SW is the only area in the South that believes strongly in one Nigeria, so what's going on?
There are going to be serious repercussions; I have always said we need to define our co-existence with a national conference as a matter of urgency.

In just a few years, we have had violent shocks to the polity. First there was Sharia, then Boko Haram, now internal deportation; all of these added to the unrest in the Niger Delta and wretched governance.

We are at the edge of an abyss. Lets not slip in. Let us avoid cataclism.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sauron1: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2009
asha 80:

OUK wey we from east all know is the person they are hailing.

A prophet is not acknowledged in his native town.
They still haven't accepted Jesus in Jerusalem so i can't be bovvered about y'all opinions in the East. cheesy

asha 80:

Abeg Sauron no talk wetin you no know?OUK excellent in abia?'Us' infecting him corruption?I laugh in boko haram!

Orji Kalu was a revelation in the East.
Name one single Governor since the death of Abacha that is as good as Kalu?
Sentiments aside, the geezer did some marvellous stuffs in the East. . . .
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Sagamite(m): 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

No, not all weak and poor, just unproductive beggars that engage in street panhandling.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by TOPE20001(f): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2009
LadyT:

Its not even a tribe thing!

Its a begger thing. What makes me laugh who the hell dashed them busfare to come ALL the way to another state to beg!
Dont get me wrong some beggers are a result of certain situations. But lets be honest all over the world there are many professional beggers and these northern ones are nothing special.

In the state where they are from money has been allocated (apprantly) to help them so why do they except another state to just allow them to litter the streets.
Gbam
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

IN THE NAME OF JESUS IT WILL BE A NEW TREND THAT WILL SPREAD THE MESSAGE ALL OVER NIGERIA. SO WE CAN SEND THE WEAK BACK TO THEIR COUNTRIES OUT OF NIGERIA. IF THIS IS A TREND MAYBE THE NORTH WILL STOP LETTING IMMIGRANTS IN BECAUSE THEY ARE LETTING THEM IN FOR TRIBE OR RELIGION.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by asha80(m): 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Sauron

Please be serious let us focus on this thread.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2009
bovvered?

Na for Britain you dey see the wonders of Kalu

Make you go shopping for Ariaria Market or drive through PH Road

then you come back come tell me wetin u see for Abia wey Kalu do

please lets focus on the topic.
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2009
Sagamite:

No, not all weak and poor, just unproductive beggars that engage in street panhandling.

Last I checked, Panhandling is sort of a crime even in Nigeria. So, why deport CRIMINALS when the LAW is meant to PUNISH them? The article says they are dropped off, nothing stops them from getting on the next bus back to Lagos the next day. So what would we have achieved by this in the end IF these are supposedly not weak and poor people but panhandlers?
Re: Lagos “deports” 160 Northern Beggers by sjeezy8: 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Last I checked, Panhandling is sort of a crime even in Nigeria. So, why deport CRIMINALS when the LAW is meant to PUNISH them?

last time i checked babies dont go to jail so we sendin their asses back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Mustapha Adekunle, Aka Seigo, Wanted By Lagos State Police Command. / BREAKING: Sowore Is With Us, Says DSS / Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.