Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,998 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (42207 Views)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2016
OP if you see opportunity better grab it!!

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Jakama90(m): 1:41pm On May 30, 2016
Guy if you have a good contact that can get you to America, just pack your things and move to America... U will never regret it.

3 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

Dude if you got a chance to flee the country... Don't even give it a second thought.
Nigeria is good, but it's no news that USA is better cuz some people would rather be a hustler in Yankee than being a banker in naija

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by LexxieleE(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

OH, would have helped out if it was a business related course.
bt u can still help, his course of study should nt b a barrier since he's business oriented in himself. He just mention music in his discourse here

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by dreceo: 1:45pm On May 30, 2016
Maybe u want to die in this country b4 u go travel out to USA
I pity U. If u have d opportunity, plz leave this good country with bad governance. No Jobs
No light
No road
No food
No water
No government!
So u want to Die!
People are loosing there jobs daily. Jobs are scam now

13 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by cynhamscakes(f): 1:45pm On May 30, 2016
free2ryhme:

you represent your intelligence with a (.) grin

Was just booking space. You can scroll back up now and read. grin grin
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by anonimi: 1:46pm On May 30, 2016
Barywhyte:
Sorry about this op. After 3mins, u were "discarded". That means u didn't impress. You must find out why u failed to impress your interviewers. And take care of that in your next interview. I don't c how running to America will make your life more meaningful.

Thanks for your concise post.
Nothing more to add.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Jokkarm: 1:47pm On May 30, 2016
My brother is like you have the same problem I have although mine is 2.2 but I have working experience but my contract job stopped .
I wish I were you now , I will jump inside an available flight to USA I dnt mind staying five years There .
Just leave this country first, forget about how you are going to survive. You must survive .
Send me email on this lets share ideas . jokkarm@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by yankison(m): 1:47pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

Guy free , Go to the USA if you have the possible way ... get married and you become legal ...there are opportunities in the USA compared to Nigeria moreover while you there you can evaluate your Nigeria Transcript and opt for masters over there ...... Do you have a trustworthy travel agent i need the Number

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by biggie73(m): 1:48pm On May 30, 2016
I need not read the story before deciding between life(USA) and death (Nigeria) choice. In an heart-beat, you should opt for life (USA).

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 30, 2016
Ignorance is a chronic disease. You think everything is rosy in America? If you don't have your papers, you'd suffer. Why not explore the legal option? Anything illegal has repercussion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by purpleblood: 1:50pm On May 30, 2016
lekjons:
people talk as if getting to U.S.A. is the best thing that can happen them..

if it is, those drug pushers would had had better alternatives to risking their lives..
He's a BSc Holder. 2.1 Industrial Chem. he stand Good chances out there. Nigeria is not really an option. Getting a job in Nigeria now is now a faith thing and a miracle thing. he can either go for the certainty or wait for the uncertainty. 99.9% of drug pushers don't have bachelor's in Ind. Chem.

11 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Industrial chemistry

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Pamelayoung: 1:55pm On May 30, 2016
spicyuzo:
Lol.....The interview part got me cracking.....

Well I'm your bro in the job hunt race..Same similarities and love for Lagos....

My Take.....Keep the spirit alive, I'm seven months deep in the unemployment market, But i try to convince my self to live and approach everyday like its mylast on the job market.

The major fight for us is that battle that goes on in the mind...I just tell myself I must establish my career in this lagos.

I always want to belive the hardest part of a task is the last part, so even as I starve sometimes in a bid to keep up, I tell myself I'm approaching the end of my job hunting days.

So before you travel, please give urself a little more job hunting time...For the love of Nigeria, For the Love of Lagos.....it shall be well with us.

Amen! I luv ur spirit.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Aremu01(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2016
I can relate to this

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by igwegeorgiano(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2016
Nigeria is a land of opportunities bro. have faith in your dear country no matter d situation. jetting out to the USA is not the best option especially when the papers are not there to legalize ur stay. the only way out is work harder on you weaknesses and upgrade urself you might just be lucky at your next interview which comes soonest than u xpect. keep hope alive bro. there is hope for u in your fatherland. cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by 9jatatafo(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2016
OP Yankee is your best bet but I am scared if this Donald Trump should triumph in this coming election

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by opribo(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2016
Barywhyte:
Sorry about this op. After 3mins, u were "discarded". That means u didn't impress. You must find out why u failed to impress your interviewers. And take care of that in your next interview. I don't c how running to America will make your life more meaningful.

At least he can get a low job and be able to eat well, enjoy steady power supply, clean water, security of life and if he has his focus right eventually normalise his stay and achieve his dreams rather than come back here and wreck his future in the hands of mean, vision-less and deadly desperate power seekers who dont care about the youths, busy junketing the globe, debating child marriage in senate, and pilling up money yet they know not where to invest the money or what to do with all the money they are collecting.

Of what use is all the money you put in one account if you dont invest it to generate more money and help the economy to grow. Just imagine senate is still battling within itself, how then can they sit down and think about how Nigeria will grow. My brother get yourself focussed and remain there for now the people managing this side are yet to get themselves together.

14 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Richydos(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Nice heart u have got.... Can u kindly extend the kind heart to my humble self, "studied Business administration, had a 2.1, got done with Nysc last year August, took some marketing experience jobs with a real estate company but i opted out of it when I compared the inputs with d outputs..... Please your kind consideration will be highly appreciated.. God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by henryadex(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2016
Bro. if you allow anybody to deceive you to stay here waiting for an oblivion job you
are in a world of mirage and in a phantom dream land GET OUT OF HERE QUIK BEFORE YOU
LOSE YOUR FLAVOUR. it takes time to get GREEN CARD BUT IT S WORTH IT, CALL YOUR RELATIVES NOW
YOU WILL COME AND MEET YOUR SUPPOSED 'STAY IN NIJA' advisers and they will be asking of DOLLARS
from you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Skywalker5(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2016
You relied too much on your paper certificate. The fact that you have 2.1 does not guarantee you a job.you need to improve other skills.lots of Nigerians in UK think like this and claim racism when they don't get a job

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Pamelayoung: 2:00pm On May 30, 2016
coldsummer:
please for your sake and the sake of your children unborn don't stay in any country illegally. ...Not even in Ghana

Coldsummer you sound as tho u have had a bitter experience.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 30, 2016
Trump is coming sha

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by macaranta(m): 2:01pm On May 30, 2016
Go to the USA...you can stay there illegally for as long as you like,just don't get involved in crime.

6 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by 4nobody4every1: 2:03pm On May 30, 2016
cool
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by swezenberg(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2016
I live here in the USA but filing for papers may not be as easy as you think. You will be living here illegally and this might affect your filing. To file for green card you need a clean record, USA would need a saint from Nigeria, those who have done same would understand what I mean. Besides you would want to file as an individual which is even more difficult. As an individual you would need a National Interest Waiver which means you would have to be exceptional in your field. Doing what no American can do or you rarely see an American capable of doing.
Your best bet is to marry a citizen or go to school in America, graduate with a good result at masters level then pray that you get a job because getting a job in America with Msc is so hard these days especially when you are not a citizen.
Then if you come to live here illegally, you must make sure you are holier than a father. You must avoid anything that has to do with law enforcement or government. You can not even afford to risk a speed ticket because once your name flashes for any misconduct, you can be rest assured, Nigeria is your next destination.
Like I said before, marrying an American is your easiest option.

17 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
Richydos:

Nice heart u have got.... Can u kindly extend the kind heart to my humble self, "studied Business administration, had a 2.1, got done with Nysc last year August, took some marketing experience jobs with a real estate company but i opted out of it when I compared the inputs with d outputs..... Please your kind consideration will be highly appreciated.. God bless

Will try.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by KELVIN086: 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
USA if it were uk i would have adviced you to stay back and search for a job, but since its USA (land of opportunities) you can't go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by jaybros: 2:06pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Help me please, business administration and management... HND distinction
Justpaul667@gmail.com
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Charly68: 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
Barywhyte:
God bless you for this,many men & women don't know that a lizard in Naija's can never become Alligator in America.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by fortunechy(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
i rather stay in us illegaly than to stay in naija wia the center can no longer hold

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by makkosky(m): 2:07pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Good afternoon,
Am interested. I read Human Resource Management 2:1 and have professional certificates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018 / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? / Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.