Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally (42236 Views)

Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / Staying Back After NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 30, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:

You cannot have spaces when typing a website Madam i too sabi

Please use common sense.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by shophut(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2016
What makes you think USA will be a better option and moreover you will be staying there illegally? It could take you like forever to get the papers. Remember the other side of the field always looks greener but in reality it is not. I will advice you improve yourself, if possible get a MSc in that same course. I believe you will get a job someday.

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Lordkratus(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2016
McBrooklyn:
OP, A Piece Of Advice??

You Ever Heard Of Temple Run??

RUN! RUN!! RUN!!!
actually having a bad day at work but mehn that pic got me laughing hard.lolzzzz
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by FemiFaniKayode: 4:24pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Please use common sense.

you should have used common sense when typing that pooh

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Kgdavid(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Please, what do you guys suggest?

#I taya for this joblessness no be small# its killing

Why wouldn't you be discarded? You have the option of going to the US means you are capable of raising at least 300, 000 naira. Why can't you raise the money and use it for a small business??

4 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by pimplucious: 4:26pm On May 30, 2016
majekdom2:
do you think Trump was mincing words? Nigerians are a problem themselves. People make up the state " Nigeria ". It's only a reflection of majority of the Citizens.

Its crazy enough Liviing legally as a black man. People informing him to go on illegal dont even know what's like
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by donhils: 4:28pm On May 30, 2016
What exactly do you people like about Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 30, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:

you should have used common sense when typing that pooh

Www.google.com
You wan beef? Oya carry go.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by princfred(m): 4:30pm On May 30, 2016
lekjons:
people talk as if getting to U.S.A. is the best thing that can happen them..

if it is, those drug pushers would had had better alternatives to risking their lives..
Going abroad is a million times better that this evil forest and Zoo called Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by princfred(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2016
pimplucious:

Its crazy enough Liviing legally as a black man. People informing him to go on illegal dont even know what's like
Anything it is like us a million times better than what it is in this God cursed Country ruled by an illiterate and demonic polithiefians.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tobiasbeecher: 4:34pm On May 30, 2016
Amaski:
I don't usually comment on social media but l want like to chip in some advice. I have lived in the United States for 10yrs now and currently like in Texas. Life is nit as easy as people may think. It's always good to get advice from people that live where you plan to emigrate.

There is no guarantee in life whether you have 2.1 or 1.1 in any course. I know of a friend that had 1.1 in Petroleum Engineering that was recently laid off from work few months ago and it is not easy getting another job. Some even have masters and Ph.D. in Geoscience but no work. It's all about the grace of God.

Please do not even think of living in another country illegally. Don't be fooled by people who paint all kind of rosy stories about America. Life is not as easy as one might think. Even some of your friends and family members there will paint a rosy picture to you just to make them look good or respected. They visit Nigeria and spend money lavishly that some do borrow from banks or using their credit cards all to create a false impression that they are living a good life outside Nigeria. Please don't be fooled by it.

Life is much easier in Nigeria even when you don't have a job. You have friends and family members that keeps you going each day despite the difficulties you go through. Most of the time, you have nobody abroad to help you in times of need. Some live paycheck to paycheck and can't survive one week without a paycheck coming. You pay bills and taxes here unlike in Nigeria where it is not that much.

Some people might reason while I haven't relocate back home if life in Nigeria is better. I am working on that and looking for a job that will take care of my family and I will make the move immediately. I live in Nigeria for almost 30yrs and have live in the U.S for 10yrs now as a citizen. The thing that is keeping most people here are the availability of basics things like electricity, good roads (in some cases), relative security but made worst with open gun carry laws in Texas. Just keep praying to God and doing anything legal to support yourself until things improve in the future.

You can as well come back to Nigeria and continue searching for job while friends and family members keep you going pending when you get job. Please let us stop discouraging people from exploring new opportunities, because nobody knows where their luck is.
If I may ask, what made you travel to America when you did? And where you a citizen (of America) before you travel?

6 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by princfred(m): 4:35pm On May 30, 2016
19naia:
Illegal stay in USA is not a good idea if you want to earn a green card in the future. If you are found to have been there illegally, even if you are married to a citizen, they can still deny you Green card and make you return to Lagos and wait years before you are elligible to apply again.
Being there illegally will only prolong denial of your chances to gain residency or any type of visa in the future.
But millions of foriegners are in USA illegally every day, working and making money in lieu of the day they could be deported. Many are never deported, but they always make money and many save up enough to start a good life if they get deported.
Even a visitor who stays 6 months in USA and constantly works small jobs for those six months while living as simple as possible, can return to Naija with N1million or more.
All kinds of things are possible in USA but one thing is it is very difficult to get legal papers/green card during an illegal stay there.
Correct man there. There prison self better pass our demonized freedom here.

3 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by nellyelitz(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2016
USA? REMEMBER DONALD TRUMP WILL SOON BE THE PRESIDENT

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by FemiFaniKayode: 4:46pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Www.google.com

You wan beef? Oya carry go.

how much you dey charge TDB?

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by linearity: 4:50pm On May 30, 2016
lekjons:

if it is, those drug pushers would had had better alternatives to risking their lives..

Drug pushers are looking for a quick fix and trying to get rich over night.

Agreed, going to the US will not make you rich or land you that dream job, even if you have a green card or are a citizen, but if you are young, ambitious and not lazy, you will be able to find something to fetch money to live a decent life and have some to send back home or start some projects back home.

The truth is, it easier to travel to Europe compare to the US from 9ja, but it is also easier to get deported from Europe compare to the US, and as such, the US is the best country for illegals. As long as you stay away from crime, choose a state and city that is liberal (e.g. States in the North East), you will be just fine.

I meet Nigerians without papers everyday and you will be amazed what they are doing back in 9ja for their families, projects, etc...sometimes I laugh when some Nigerians will insult some people abroad irking out a living by washing dead bodies, unbeknownst to them that, that same person owns a face-me-I-face-you in Nigeria for which the insulter might be paying rent.

The struggle is real, my people said; you should not stand in one spot to watch a masquerade; if your current view of the dancing masquerade is getting obstructed, and there is an open spot nearby, instead of standing put and waiting for things to change for the better, why not change things yourselve and move to the open spot?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by tunderule2016: 5:17pm On May 30, 2016
HOPE and PRAY!!!! #direction

austinosita:
I really love to stay in Lagos, Nigeria working, but getting a job even with my experience and good grade(2.1) is almost impossible.

I have searched and searched and searched, attended interviews, but all to no avail. The worse was the interview I attended today, this morning @lekki-epe express way; I was discharged after about 2 to 3 questions only(about 3 mins).....meanwhile, the first applicant spent almost 30 mins. I just looked at the lady like.....is it my face? Is my 2.1 not enough? Didnt i answer your questions correctly? Infact i almost swore never to attend any interview again.....e beta make i kukuma explore my music talent....

I really love to base in Lagos. Get a good job, marry and have kids. I'm almost losing hope in my job search! Infact I no think say anybody for nairaland search reach me!!!

Now, I have another option to stay in America illegally, until I secure complete papers for stay(which will take time) I'll be staying with a family member, going to school and working.......general hustling till I get a green card.

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by christopheru(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2016
nellyelitz:
USA? REMEMBER DONALD TRUMP WILL SOON BE THE PRESIDENT
like say na only Usa.watin do canada, Australia, etc?

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Johnrake69: 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Bro, its better you stay in America ooo.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by joyli: 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Grab the Traveling runs if you can, I am a living testimony, America no be moi-moi mind you, you have to be determined, no room for laziness, even ur so call families here will disappoint you. I got my permanent stay within 3years . ... good luck

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by MCLION1(f): 5:39pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

OH, would have helped out if it was a business related course.

Please Sugarhugs, my younger sis studied business admin with 2.1, presently teaching. Please U can as well help her secure a beta job. Thanks and God bless U.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by toprealman: 5:40pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

arts.....oh would have EPPED if you have a science background...... life!!!

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 30, 2016
MCLION1:

Please Sugarhugs, my younger sis studied business admin with 2.1, presently teaching. Please U can as well help her secure a beta job. Thanks and God bless U.

Where is she at?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 30, 2016
dmltoyin:
have u been there. And the papers graduates have in Nigeria has brought enjoyment abi. Go to a country that has an accomodating environment to support ur dream. Our beautiful country will one day be better now but for now, its hell bro and the sons of the poor are practically hopeless. God gat us all sha
Lol.
I can't help but laugh.
grin
I'm not against his dream of going to the States but he should do it the legal way.
@Op,with your 2:1, you can get into a good American university with scholarship. Though you'd have to shell out some dough.

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by phineas: 5:57pm On May 30, 2016
I'm going to write this advice here it worked for me so I hope it helps someone. Firstly get relevant experience.Even if the salary is crap! Gain useful middle level management experience .the first set of jobs you aapply to. should be about building a profile for yourself.Volunteer posts are helpful so long as its adding skills and competencies to your cv. Next network print a business card relevant to the field you have chosen and , network network network. Attend conferences and the likes, you may get recommendations that way. Lastly there are good jobs in Nigeria advertised on foreign sites that's how come oyibos seem to get them cos naijas don't aapply. And that has been the joker I know. Apply to Naija jobs on foreign sites when u ave gathered experience! Their recruitment process is usually more transparent and the pay is good.Keep applying and don't get tired.You will be invited for interview someday and when u do please don't ask for 50k as salary. And lastly don't stop praying. that's my contribution

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 30, 2016
ronald4lif:

Please get lost with your sanctimonious and ignorant self if you have nothing rational to say. Survival in life is no goat meat pepper soup where the meat stares you in the face, it's deeper than you can ever grasp. Your reasoning is pathetic.

Ignorant indeed. Why are you advising somebody to start using someone else green card or arrangee marriage. You are part of the corrupt Nigerians. Righteousness exalt a nation but sin is a reproach. Getting green card through falsehood doesn't mean you can prosper with it. There are thousands of Nigerian who have got their visa and green card through legal means. If it is not your way it is not. You can prosper in Nigeria not necessarily in the USA

1 Like

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 30, 2016
austinosita:

Industrial chemistry
pm me let's roll.. I studied ICH too
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2016
Sugarhugs:

can you help with b.sc in statistics 2.2 ?
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by nicerichard05: 6:16pm On May 30, 2016
joyli:

Grab the Traveling runs if you can, I am a living testimony, America no be moi-moi mind you, you have to be determined, no room for laziness, even ur so call families here will disappoint you. I got my permanent stay within 3years . ... good luck

Bros pls be honest to us here cos so many people will make good nd bad decisions frm this topic.

Pls did u go as an ilegal immigrant or u went legally b4 u got ur stay. Pls be honest to us all
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
CharleyCharley:
Oga, you dey even think am twice?

if you have the means, flee from this hell-hole.
A word is enough for the wise.

Who else is feeling my rhymes? grin grin
I feel you my brother, I don't know why the Op is evening thinking it. This country can ruin a young man's dreams.
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by lebrotin: 6:23pm On May 30, 2016
aluko360:
0p, which kain jamb question be dis?

Even people wey get well paying jobs are checking out.

Abeg if that free accommodation in Yankee is still 0pen, Holla me.

Cheers
it shall be well with you for this statement I swear...well paying peeps dey checkout...Nigeria has a fundamental problem o

2 Likes

Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 30, 2016
lekjons:

have you considered how big and quick they want to make it? That's your answer. Imagine earning $200 daily from waitress job, even if you include the taxes it's so much better than hustling in this country expecially now that our naira is heading down the drain. Op pls rocket lunch ur self out of this country ASAP thank me later. grin
Re: Looking For A Job In Nigeria With 2.1 Or Staying In U.S.A Illegally by CharleyCharley: 6:27pm On May 30, 2016
grossintel:
I feel you my brother, I don't know why the Op is evening thinking it. This country can ruin a young man's dreams.

as in eh. If na me, I'd just sell off all my property, then find my levels sharp sharp. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ekiti To Send Unemployed Youths To Aba And Onitsha To Learn Trade / Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Program 2018 / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.