Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha (44702 Views)

BREAKING: Biafra Demonstration In Aba Now! / See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by ogbevireo(m): 5:39am On Jun 01, 2016
So where do you place the Zaria clash between the Army and the Shiites?

Harbioollah:
This is why the North will forever be superior to the South.

Your people are being butchered by the Fulani-controlled Army for protesting. Instead of you to speak out, you are here singing the tunes they told you to sing. The same Army would never try that in the North because they know the tone with which the Northern governors and people will respond.

Hoodlum ko. Hoodlums ni.

As much as I used to dislike Fayose, it's obvious he is the only Southern Governor that is not a coward and a puppet to Buhari's Fulani-led government.

2 Likes

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by lastpage: 5:40am On Jun 01, 2016
dontjealousme:

Daft, nobody start a sentence mentioning their ethnic group. U are so empty that despite numerous correction u still make the same mistake. Are the dumbest yoruba alive?

If u want to pretend to be igbo do it well. idiot!

I knew this would be the next line of action - Blame Yorubas! grin grin

Infact, l conclude that the statement read by the Anambara Commissioner, was written by another Yoruba fella! shocked shocked

Even the so-called "infiltrators" that killed Law officers of the Nigerian state would soon be branded as Yorubas! grin grin grin

All Ibo problems "starts and ends" .....with YORUBAS!

Chai, na so Yoruba do una reach?
undecided undecided

I hail!

Anyway, those who carry ant-infested wood should expect visits from lizards!

Pikin way say im Mama no go sleep. im self should be ready to do Night Vigil.
Police, over to you.

Lastpage!

Caveat: I am proudly Yoruba, if that solves anyone's headache.

9 Likes

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 01, 2016
Harbioollah:

Your people are being butchered by the Fulani-controlled Army for protesting. Instead of you to speak out, you are here singing the tunes they told you to sing. The same Army would never try that in the North because they know the tone with which the Northern governors and people will respond.

Hoodlum ko. Hoodlums ni.

As much as I used to dislike Fayose, it's obvious he is the only Southern Governor that is not a coward and a puppet to Buhari's Fulani-led government.
My dear be blessed. I don't know why our governors are all docile to the evil and murders perpetrated by Hausa/Fulani soldiers. citizens were killed for nothing and he called them hoodlums.How many soldiers got injured or killed by the so called bullets from IPOB members.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by ekoboy: 6:04am On Jun 01, 2016
Harbioollah:

Your people are being butchered by the Fulani-controlled Army for protesting. Instead of you to speak out, you are here singing the tunes they told you to sing. [b]The same Army would never try that in the North [/b]because they know the tone with which the Northern governors and people will respond.

Hoodlum ko. Hoodlums ni.

Sorry remind me where Zaria is and where Sheikh Al Zakzaky is from.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nely77(m): 6:12am On Jun 01, 2016
dontjealousme:
Meanwhile Northerners that enjoy Nigeria are busy bailing their brothers in Lagos and insisting they did no wrong.

That is wat we call representation.

Who are these old men representing? It is a sad day wen son turns gun on father but it will happen for these old men to understand the tone and mindset of the younger generation.
I solemnly tell you, this is what is called representation. They always protect their people. They make sure theirs do not get hurt. Their leaders always condemn any form of oppression and maltreatment on their people without fear. The Southerners case is totally the reverse.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by free2blast(m): 6:14am On Jun 01, 2016
Harbioollah:

Hoodlum ko. Hoodlums ni.

Yes o, he is the adopted Eze Gburugburu of the entire South East.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by WaffenSS(m): 6:28am On Jun 01, 2016
Nkem4040:
I posted the below several hours ago and exactly my prediction is happening.

Exactly as I predicted! Critical thinking is important not to be brainwashed.

Fa fa fa...foul!

They didn't mention massob in the press statement.

You failed ****
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Uricas(m): 6:28am On Jun 01, 2016
As much as I used to dislike Fayose, it's obvious he is the only Southern Governor that is not a coward and a puppet to Buhari's Fulani-led government.[/quote]
Chai! So Fayose is now your role model. Please, don't let your children see this.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 01, 2016
Stupid govet.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 01, 2016
THE TRUTH IS THAT BUHARI CAME WITH THE INTENTION OF DEALING WITH SOUTHSOUTH AND SOUTHEAST. THATNK GOD OF THIS GROUP THAT HAVE RISE TO DIVERT THE ATTENTION OF PMB. SO ANY BODY FROM SS/SE THAT SUPPORT THIS GOVT IS JUST BEEN SENSLES. GOODLUCK NEVA KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN THE NORTH. HE ONLY ATTACK THE ARMED MILLITANT LIKE BOKO HARAM.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
That was how they lied that 3million died during Biafra War without selfies of the 3million.

Even the devil will slap Ipods for their level of lies. He will even tell them ''U no dey fear God'' followed by a good slap.

I was there bro... That's my homestate because I travelled home... The Nigerian Military shot these dudes to death with no form of attack from the IPOB youths... In my area alone(Nkpor), 15 people were killed in cold blood... Their corpses were taken away by the army, hundreds of people were arrested by the army as well... Like I said earlier on, It happened in my area and I was a witness...

This is a first-hand manipulation of Information and Governor Obiano effed up big time... I saw people writhing in pain, I saw blood erywhere... How can you shoot at people that are not armed?? I was there bro, Immediately the Army people landed, They told erybody to go home buh nobody moved, erybody was chanting Ibo songs and the next thing was ''Krak, Krak, Krak'', Sounds of gunshots by the military engulfed the scene.. I saw people mourning the loss of their sons and husbands...

Deep shii...

1 Like

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Adamsdelrio(m): 6:34am On Jun 01, 2016
Harbioollah:

Hoodlum ko. Hoodlums ni.

It seems you read this write-up with either your fone or your head turned upside-down. Ewu Kano!!!!
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Bumken(f): 6:34am On Jun 01, 2016
vedaxcool:
ipob is touts and hoodlums, touts and hoodlums is ipob. Peaceful demonstration wey dynamite dey na peace be that? shior
u dey mad where u not there when militants claim responsibility for the attack. Nigeria must go down
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by omenka(m): 6:35am On Jun 01, 2016
vedaxcool:
ipob is touts and hoodlums, touts and hoodlums is ipob. Peaceful demonstration wey dynamite dey na peace be that? shior
The group of yoots that molested that bishop are part of the hoodlums the government is referring to. They claim it was "peaceful" yet burnt down a police patrol van. They claim it was peaceful yet engaged police in a shootout.

I have said it several times, the dictionary these guys use bears very stark contrast with that which we consult. We need to update our vocab with theirs so we can really understand them when they speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by solidman59(m): 6:42am On Jun 01, 2016
It seems the amala you ate has entered your head.

vedaxcool:
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by xchrisss90(m): 6:49am On Jun 01, 2016
WASMOG:
It's unfortunate that today we the Igbos are
shading crocodile tears after betraying chief
Ojukwu severally when he was alive, Ojukwu
brought his party APGA and contested in the
presidential election under it,he didn't win a
single state in the whole of the east,his party
only won gubernatorial in only Anambra state,
and in 2015 we sold Anambra again which is
the only APGA state to the PDP. And now our
politicians are sponsoring a dead movement
called biafra,the real Biafra died and was buried
with Ojukwu,its better we retrace our steps in
this country cos we cannot fight for those few
aggrieved politicians who are only feeding their
pockets. Pls ndigbo we shud stop that
hypocrisy. I know u will insult me but at least
I've bared my mind. Oya start the insults.

is that what you think?
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by onlineadejoh(m): 6:51am On Jun 01, 2016
This is what I call leadership. This man has never failed me as a role model. Not some old brains rolling on the floor and blaming my state for sin.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by criuze(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2016
My able governor is very far away in the area, the statement is only politically enticing. am living in Nkpor. The army blocked ipob/massob guys going peacefully to the venue and started shooting them indiscriminately killing more than 50 armless youths. Do you think casualties will approach that number if they are armed. It was a shameless free shooting, but heaven knows it that BIAFRA shall be free. Theres no pride serving in nigerian force . Biafrans Nationalists are rising more and more. Mr willie pls next time call a spade a spade, remember its your voters that were got killed
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Nkem4040: 6:55am On Jun 01, 2016
WaffenSS:

Fa fa fa...foul!

They didn't mention massob in the press statement.

You failed, ****.

**** SEE BELOW ****

Gentlemen of the Press,

1. I convened this conference today to offer some clarifications on the crisis that erupted in Nkpor yesterday between the law enforcement agents and the young men and women who staged a peaceful demonstration under different names to mark the annual Igbo Day. This conference became a necessity following the curious interpretations given to the incident by different segments of the media.

2. However, we are worried that the recent crisis in Nkpor appears to have opened an unpleasant vista on the reportage of issues of grave national importance in the contemporary history of the Nigerian press. We are concerned at how a strain of virulent sensationalism appears to have crept into the various accounts given by different media platforms on the incident (We hope for a more cautionary approach that takes cognizance of the fragile strands of national unity and the supremacy of objectivity over fanciful headlines in professional journalism).

3. It was in a bid to provide a balanced perspective on the matter that we issued a Press Statement yesterday to serve as a guide to journalists whose aim is to provide an objective account on the crisis to the public. Unfortunately, much to our perplexity, a great number of people preferred the sensational to the factual. It is for the purpose of separating the imaginary from the hard facts that we wish to restate as follows –

i. That the peaceful demonstration by youths who allegedly belong to the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to mark the Igbo Day was hijacked by hoodlums whose designs were antithetical to the peace and security of Anambra State.

ii. That these elements who infiltrated the peaceful demonstration, turned violent at Nkpor; fired live bullets at the policemen who were detailed to watch the procession and ensure that it was peaceful and burnt down a patrol van to send a dangerous signal to the entire neighbourhood that Anambra had lost the peace we had all enjoyed for two unbroken years.

iii.
a. Nothing happened inside St Edmunds Catholic Church Nkpor. The confrontation was at a nearby Primary School.
b. No house was burnt. We counted about 2 cars at Eke Nkpor and a motorcycle at Afor Nkpor.
c. His Excellency, Governor Willie Obiano has already expressed his deepest condolences to families who lost their dear ones to this avoidable shootout.
d. Items recovered
i. Dynamite
ii. Charms
iii. Machetes
iv. Banners (IPOB etc)
iv. That the actual number of casualties can be ascertained from the office of the Commissioner of Police in Anambra State as against the curious figures being bandied in the press.
v. That contrary to the sensational report alleging that some citizens who took shelter in a church were murdered in cold blood inside the chapel, no such incident happened in actuality. My team visited Nkpor this morning to verify that claim from the residents and it was dismissed as dubious and misleading. However, there was a gun battle between those criminal infiltrators and the police in the premises of a nearby primary school. We urge the general public to disregard this claim as it is false. It is the duty of the Obiano administration to protect the life and property of every Nigerian resident in Anambra State and a threat to the life of any citizen will be resisted with the strongest possible force.
vi. We want to assure Ndi Anambra that calm has since returned to Nkpor and that people have resumed their normal lives under the re-assuring protection of the law.
vii. We wish to appeal to our colleagues in the media and various Nigerians who have assumed the sacred duty of citizen journalism with their mobile phones to always place national interest far and above other considerations, especially in a season of anomie as the one our dear country has found itself in.
viii. Thank you.

Ogbuefi Tony Nnachetta
Hon Commissioner for Information and Strategy
Anambra State.

Source: http://www.anambrablog.ng/2016/05/the-nkpor-crisis-drawing-line-between.htm
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by neocortex: 6:56am On Jun 01, 2016
Greatfuture:

that army was tried by the el zaky zaky group in zaria and we all know the result. Or is el zaky now ndigbo or is zaria south east. lawlessness is not good
El zak zaky is a second class muslim i.e shiite.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by caprini1: 6:59am On Jun 01, 2016
The signs are boldly written on the wall.....start any civil disturbance,and be shot without questions..... yet no one has read the message.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Adeoba10(m): 6:59am On Jun 01, 2016
WASMOG:
It's unfortunate that today we the Igbos are
shading crocodile tears after betraying chief
Ojukwu severally when he was alive, Ojukwu
brought his party APGA and contested in the
presidential election under it,he didn't win a
single state in the whole of the east,his party
only won gubernatorial in only Anambra state,
and in 2015 we sold Anambra again which is
the only APGA state to the PDP. And now our
politicians are sponsoring a dead movement
called biafra,the real Biafra died and was buried
with Ojukwu,its better we retrace our steps in
this country cos we cannot fight for those few
aggrieved politicians who are only feeding their
pockets. Pls ndigbo we shud stop that
hypocrisy. I know u will insult me but at least
I've bared my mind. Oya start the insults.
Bro.... Infact, may God bless you pass ur expectation.... Some of ur fellow brodas clamouring for biafra, has forgotten that dia leaders in abuja wouldn't support dem, bcus they knw dat dey wouldn't be given the chance to lead dem wen the dream come tru. And d issue of APGA, u nailed it bro.... I did my inec adhoc staff @ one village in Abia state, controlled by Apga, even though dis ppl are not up to 70 supporting apga, yet the nearby villagers (pdp) are victimizing dem, hijacking dia materials..... Que cera cera.... If biafra want to go dey shld allow dem WITHOUT bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by attackgat: 7:19am On Jun 01, 2016
saintmark88:

But there was casualty on both sides as two police men were killed n a soldier, so how do u reconcile tht

How I can reconcile that is what the law says. The law says that everyone is allowed the right to 'self defence'. What this means is that we are all allowed the right to protect our lives and property if they are unjustly threatend by anyone, wether in uniform or not. Being in uniform does not give anyone the right to kill unnecessarily. IPOB have consistently shown they are a peaceful movement. They do not carry arms. They only turn violent when they are shot at. The Nigerian Army and Police have consistently shown they are unprofessional. They forget they rules of engagement when it suits them and engage in murder. It is a sacrilege for a uniformed person to turn his gun on the very people they are paid to protect.

2 Likes

Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by zemaik(m): 7:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Djangocode:

I was there bro... That's my homestate because I travelled home... The Nigerian Military shot these dudes to death with no form of attack from the IPOB youths... In my area alone(Nkpor), 15 people were killed in cold blood... Their corpses were taken away by the army, hundreds of people were arrested by the army as well... Like I said earlier on, It happened in my area and I was a witness...

This is a first-hand manipulation of Information and Governor Obiano effed up big time... I saw people writhing in pain, I saw blood erywhere... How can you shoot at people that are not armed?? I was there bro, Immediately the Army people landed, They told erybody to go home buh nobody moved, erybody was chanting Ibo songs and the next thing was ''Krak, Krak, Krak'', Sounds of gunshots by the military engulfed the scene.. I saw people mourning the loss of their sons and husbands...

Deep shii...

FACT
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Churchillsaug(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2016
mayorchelsea:
Some say it can't happen in the North,it's only in the south.The Shiites who died in Kaduna happened in which region?
in the moon
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by PrivateInvestig: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/s]

No need for insults
'You bared your mind'. .

Thank you..

Best response ever
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by ekhai(m): 7:55am On Jun 01, 2016
meeky007:
ALSO WARN YOUR SECURITY FORCES TO STAY CLEAR PEACEFUL PROTEST INORDER NOT TO CREAT VIOLENCE.
THANKS.
If you obtain permit for any form of gathering, it's the duty of the police to be present to ensure law and order if I must enlighten you. Ask question before you comment on issue.
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by chadwidfriz: 8:08am On Jun 01, 2016
[/color][color=#550000]Ndi ala. all dz ipob states wey dey dull out una real fada;!
for dz movement blood must be shed. if you are dere ...
you will understand .. its not for now its for our future ..we die ..we died well .. die well my fallen biafrans !! ipob is a movement. we must achieve
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by Lilimax(f): 8:13am On Jun 01, 2016
ademusiwa5:
[size=28pt]wetuo mpaghara ọchịchị
dochie obodo ọchịchị na ndị uwe ojii na -ndebe-ha
[/size]
You made no sense. Speak English let's know what you're saying.
Google translator has finished it badly smiley
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by vedaxcool(m): 8:18am On Jun 01, 2016
omenka:
The group of yoots that molested that bishop are part of the hoodlums the government is referring to. They claim it was "peaceful" yet burnt down a police patrol van. They claim it was peaceful yet engaged police in a shootout.

I have said it several times, the dictionary these guys use bears very stark contrast with that which we consult. We need to update our vocab with theirs so we can really understand them when they speak.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin eyebugs read dictionary after sipping sapele water hence the words they read seems inverted
Re: Official Statement Of The Anambra State Gov Over Biafra Demonstration In Onitsha by meeky007(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2016
ekhai:
If you obtain permit for any form of gathering, it's the duty of the police to be present to ensure law and order if I must enlighten you. Ask question before you comment on issue.
Obtaining permit b4 protest?
Shooting unarmed protesters, d best way to ensure law nd order?
MOST SENSELESS QOUTE I'VE EVER SEEN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags / Ben-Bruce Promotes Made-In-Aba Products (pics) / El-rufai Is Nothing But A Coward And An Alcoholic- Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.