Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers (52075 Views)

PHOTOS: Amina Mohammed Visits Niger Delta Creeks On New Year Day / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Don’t Push Us To Another War, Northern Group Cautions Ipob & N’delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by onosprince(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by spartanobad(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
promisechild:
don't be cajoled by the Avengers they are just trying to appeal to our emotions. what is our business if the NA are dying. It is the duty of NA to defend the sovereignty of the country because it resides in them. NDA your days are numbered on earth I know you guys are on nairaland but I bet you guys will not see the end of this movie.
gaan slip u kno nafn

2 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Sharon6(f): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Oops
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by mrvitalis(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ok
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by berrystunn(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Stingy buhari. Now have money for war abi...
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by thaoriginator: 3:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
G
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Kashif(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
Avengers telling us that our soldiers cannot swim? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by thaoriginator: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
So Niger Delta Agbero want me to believe this crap.. Ok I don hear o..
Sooner you'll start begging or screaming blue murder..
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by macaranta(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Maybe we need a USN seals kinda division in the NA
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by meccuno: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
For a country to be great,the individuals of a country would be willing to defend the country and if possible die for it. A situation where a union is one that is done through coercion will not stand the test of time. A union which is done just for the sole aim of parasitic and a tilted trade of balance is one that is not left to desire. The North and the south west has been favoured tremendously in this improper federal structure in terms of infrastructure,political appointments,and positions in all federal civil services. I for one have always wanted Nigeria. But not one of injustice. We cannot say all is well with the things happening all around us. Like I used to tell my friends,the civil war would have been much more bloody,if it had been fought in the 80's. And if another is fought, Nigeria will never be the same again. The Niger Delta has been neglected for several years and I wonder the magic that would have been done by governors or the local government chairman if the utilise their allocation. We should ask what has the federal government done to protect its citizens there. A government who cedes its ancestral land to a foreign country just to please western powers is not only myopic and unintelligent. The only way we can make Nigeria great is to practise federalism because we are still in a unitary system of government. Failure to do so would only set the tones of what would happen in the nearest future. There would continue to be crises and as sanusi emir of kano said, there wwould arise a group of igbos who never experienced the war who would get tired of being second class citizens and wage a war and in the end get that peace which the germans achieved in the second world war. Make no mistake. The war fought in 66, was fought in the eastern region. But the next one would spread all over the country. We as Nigerians have a faulty foundation. Playing politics with it is only postponing the doomsday.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by dipznano: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Smh, Soldiers still drown in the 21st century?
How the 4k did they make the military?

Well it's 9ja, won't be surprised if some naval officers can't swim! angry

Or better still, the avengers should say something reasonable grin

2 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by xxgig(m): 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
hakanai:
You know the funny thing with the figures often they are round numbers. Why is that so? Why 50 and why 100? Why not maybe 47, Abi 54?

As for me it simply says one thing. Someone Just lump something since he can't ascertain and makes it his desired numbers by mere sight or false assumptions.Rather than real figures or head count. cheesy cheesy

Again provide picture or it never happened. Also 50 bodies no be small number that you can hide like 3 bodies. Let the propaganda continue. Until the right tactics is finalized,then some people will realize what it feels like to be an enemy of state. undecided undecided
YOU JUST SPEAK MY MINE
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
In u.s a,they have the Navy seal.This personnel are train to fight in water and they are good swimmers as well.Must soldiers be deploy to water and air battle when we have navy and airforce?Soldiers are meant to fight on land.

1 Like

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by POTUT(m): 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
Duru009:
Military solution will never bring peace to the niger delta region....
Only "dialogue and negiotiation"

Using force will never bring solution to this. Buhari should know better. This is not a case of terrosim but pure AGITATION.....

Your words are not common wisdom.

They actually know better, but have other ambitions in mind. They do not want oppressed people to agitate.

As president of a country, a million reasons cannot convince me to pull the trigger on my country men, except I am evil.

If a president pulls the trigger on his countrymen for any reason whatsoever, what will he desire to be done on foreigners?

Nigerian presidency has no legacy, no honor and no vision. Period. All through time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Joelchris(m): 3:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
You people are toying with army, they will just enter the nearest village a day open fire on your old women and children, even. Men too
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by spafu(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
God bless Niger Delta and God bless NDA. When are they writing the Exam again sef?
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by StoneLucifer: 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
Gone are the days when Nigerian soldiers were tough,rugged and gallant..They were envied as Africas strongest military force with great impact &contribution to ECOMOG..It is very difficult now to say if Nigerian military force can even defeat their counterparts in Togo..Our soldiers are now more interested in the size of their pockets & their financial prowess..That combatant spirit is lost completely..They only exhibit power and useless bragado on helpless and unarmed bloody civilians..It is obvious that it is now a herculean task for our soldiers to face these militants fire for fire and arrest the present mishap &situation in the creeks...They really need more tactical cordination and professionalism.
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by oshofree400(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
riverine areas like the niger delta are best dealt with by the navy .....is it that nigeria does not have navy to do what needs to be done over dere..... if only my country will stop been foolish ....

3 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
All those publicizing terrorism should also be apprehended
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Duru009:
Military solution will never bring peace to the niger delta region....
Only "dialogue and negiotiation"

Using force will never bring solution to this. Buhari should know better. This is not a case of terrosim but pure AGITATION.....

Since the two notorious former heads of state,late sani abacha and ob who used force against the niger delta communities didn't end militancy,tell me how the weak baba go-slow can stop them?

2 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by DeadWrong: 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
so, our soldiers can't even swim. What a shame!
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Chiboboski: 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
Is this war properganda or what? All these people blowing the fan for the NDA are clearly not from Niger Delta. They should visit the North east to see the devastation of war. No one would be comfortable to be in a country where the government chickens out at any threat and opt for dialogue. If its true we lost 50 soldiers then we are in for massive reaction.

1 Like

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
StoneLucifer:
Gone are the days when Nigerian soldiers were tough,rugged and gallant..They were envied as Africas strongest military force with great impact &contribution to ECOMOG..It is very difficult now to say if Nigerian military force can even defeat their counterparts in Togo..Our soldiers are now more interested in the size of their pockets & their financial prowess..That combatant spirit is lost completely..They only exhibit power and useless bragado on helpless and unarmed bloody civilians..It is obvious that it is now a herculean task for our soldiers to face these militants fire for fire and arrest the present mishap &situation in the creeks...They really need more tactical cordination and professionalism.
soldier degradation evidently worsened under Yar'adua and JonaEb GdLuck
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by chycheery(f): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:
At this rate Nigerian soldiers are dying We'd soon be left to defend ourselves with sticks and stones. The army has always been a joke. I doubt if this army can defend us against external aggression from even a small African state.
God help us!
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
talktonase:
This is what happens when you fetch troops that are local champions on land and try to use them on water.
The Nigerian army is doing the job of the Nigerian navy.They are train to fight in land not water.
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by MrMcJay(m): 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
meccuno:
For a country to be great,the individuals of a country would be willing to defend the country and if possible die for it. A situation where a union is one that is done through coercion will not stand the test of time. A union which is done just for the sole aim of parasitic and a tilted trade of balance is one that is not left to desire. The North and the south west has been favoured tremendously in this improper federal structure in terms of infrastructure,political appointments,and positions in all federal civil services. I for one have always wanted Nigeria. But not one of injustice. We cannot say all is well with the things happening all around us. Like I used to tell my friends,the civil war would have been much more bloody,if it had been fought in the 80's. And if another is fought, Nigeria will never be the same again. The Niger Delta has been neglected for several years and I wonder the magic that would have been done by governors or the local government chairman if the utilise their allocation. We should ask what has the federal government done to protect its citizens there. A government who cedes its ancestral land to a foreign country just to please western powers is not only myopic and unintelligent. The only way we can make Nigeria great is to practise federalism because we are still in a unitary system of government. Failure to do so would only set the tones of what would happen in the nearest future. There would continue to be crises and as sanusi emir of kano said, there wwould arise a group of igbos who never experienced the war who would get tired of being second class citizens and wage a war and in the end get that peace which the germans achieved in the second world war. Make no mistake. The war fought in 66, was fought in the eastern region. But the next one would spread all over the country. We as Nigerians have a faulty foundation. Playing politics with it is only postponing the doomsday.

Apart from Lagos, where else has enjoyed FG presence in the SW? Mind you since Abuja became the FCT, Lagos has been neglected. If you doubt me, go and see the neglected state of FG facilities in Lagos.

As demands political appointments, in the last administration, the most senior SW man in government was no. 14 in power. The SW didn't wail. It re-strategized and formed strategic alliances with others. Today, it has the VP seat. Power is not gotten on a platter of gold, you have to form alliances.

When Ojukwu contested for the Presidency, the SE refused to vote for him. During the last admin, the SE refused to demand federalism. When Okonjo-Iweala was the coordinating minister of Nigeria's economy, the SE refused to support federalism.

Next time, hold your profligate governors responsible for the state of the SE. After all, the PDP messed up the entire SE region for 16 years and you voted them back in. Live with the consequences of your actions.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by wristbangle: 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Until NDA shows the pix of 50 soldiers who drown in the river else their claim is rubbish.
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
Splinz:
Apparently, this claim by NDA is likely to be true. We all know that a sizable number of our soldiers are not well trained in demanding terrain like the creeks, and sheer skipping of training due to man-know-man. Is this how NA will win this war, by trial and error? Wish them good luck.
Some dey even bribe their way into the force to join those who started from crash after couple of months to pass out from training.Tell me what experience such people will learn?

3 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
wristbangle:
Until NDA shows the pix of 50 soldiers who drown in the river else their claim is rubbish.
The Nigerian army should show us bullet wounds and carryout autopsy on corpses of soldiers recovered from niger delta Creek.At least,that will prove if it was ND that killed them or they drowned.

3 Likes

Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by GWMI(m): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Buhari
Re: 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
wristbangle:
Bullet wounds too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Visits Obasanjo, Says AGF Lacks Power To Declare Amotekun Illegal / Nnamdi Kanu Storms Port-harcourt, Gets Heroic Welcome [video] / DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.