Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. (9342 Views)

List Of States Owing Salaries Of 6 Months And Above? Why Single Out Osun State? / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afaukwu,answer me this. . Did Orju kalu not kill Dr Chima Nwafor? Do they not use okija Shrine to annihilate political foes in the east? Why do all prospective office holders have to go and swear at Okija? Is it not true that when they die their body has to remain at the shrine forever where it is exploited to give wealth to others?

Does Orji kalu not have sex with his mother as a frequent ritual requested by okija chief priest? Why all these desperation in the east?

Yoruba's can be desperate but easterners are ready to die to defend office. .it's a shame. If we have an igbo man as president our emmission levels would be ridiculously high because of you people's penchant for doing businesses without standards, .Business by force. . do or die politics

Sure, Kalu may have killed Nwafor (unsubstantiated). Please name another of such incidence and compare it with the more than twenty political deaths recorded in Yorubaland inrecent times. Okija shrine? What about Gbenga Daniel and his own shrine in Ogun? Is that different than Okija? Orji Kalu sleeping with his mother is unsubstantiated rumour; such is not in Igbo culture, but Obasanjo slept with his daughter inlaw? It is in Yoruba that you have the baddest guys in Nigeria, but I must commend you guys for hiding your shame near succesfully. Obasanjo's regime exposed you for what you are: rogues
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
The Hellish Camp Of Ibadan
« on: Yesterday at 04:15:39 AM »
Modify message
http://thenewsng.com/life/a-hellish-camp/2008/03?version=print

In rapid succession, three illegal detention camps operated by Muslim scholars, where inmates are subjected to inhuman treatment, are discovered in Ibadan

By Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan
• Imoniyi: Detained and raped inmates.

Musilat Bashiru, 20, a resident of Ilugun area of Ibadan, was unsure of what fate had in stock for her when, against her will, her mother, Adijat, handed her over to Alhaji Abdulganiyu Imoniyi, a Muslim cleric who operated an illegal detention centre at Ile-Tuntun Odinjo, in the Sango area of Ibadan. Adijat had requested Alhaji Imoniyi to school Musilat in the ways of Islam. Instead, however, Musilat was subjected to various forms of inhuman treatment. According to Musilat, she was raped repeatedly for four years she was in the camp, and her pubic hair constantly shaved to make charms. She also lamented that she bore a child for the Muslim cleric.

Narrating her ordeal to people after she was released from the camp by policemen, a despondent Musilat said that whenever Imoniyi wanted to have sex, he would just come in to where the inmates were and order any lady he wanted to come out and have a bath. When the lady came out, he would instruct her to lie down naked and forcefully have sex with her.

“I always refused but he would keep beating me to the extent that I would get tired and he would start having sex with me. He would do it as if he was sleeping with an animal. It was usually painful. At times, he would sleep with me for about two hours,” Musilat said.

Another victim, Bose Ogunjimi, 23, said during her two-year stay in the camp, she was forced to have sex with the cleric and his workers, adding that any of them had sex with her whenever they wanted to, as there was nobody she could complain to. She also could not run away as her legs, neck and hands were chained.

In her own case, Risikat Ojediran was in the camp for six years before being rescued by the policemen. A pretty 25-year-old lady, she said her captors, both Imoyi and his aides, raped her at will.
• The detainees.

Her words: “ There was a day that early in the morning, Alfa slept with me three times. About 12 noon, another person came and forcefully took me outside and slept with me. Not more than two hours later, the third person came and slept with me. I almost died. They are very wicked.”

Interestingly, all the ladies, who said they no longer menstruated for the period of their incarceration, resumed the cycle the day they were paraded before the public. Some of them were heard begging the policemen to give them tissue paper to stem the flow of blood from them.

It was, however, not just a female affair, as about 15 men narrated their own horrible experiences. One of them was Nurudeen Olawoyin, who disclosed that the inmates were made to live without food and water for several days, adding that they were further subjected to various forms of torture. Nurudeen, a 400 level student of Business Administration at the Yaba Tech College of Technology, YABATEC, claimed inmates were made to eat excreta mixed with herbs. Amazingly, all the inmates were taken to the centre by their parents, except one identified as Segun, who was allegedly abducted. The eventual exposure of the camp was the result of a petition dated 5 February 2008, written by Nurudeen Olawoyin of 66B/779H Owode Academy, captioned: “Save my soul from the hands of 419 woman, one Alhaja Murili Ayorinde and others now at large.”

According to Olawoyin, he was duped of N380,000:00 by Alhaja Murili of Testing Ground, Iwo Road, Ibadan, since 2003 under the pretence that she would procure for him visas to Dubai and Saudi Arabia. However, after being duped, the duo hatched a plan with Alfa Imoniyi who took him to his house where he was charmed, locked up and serially tortured for almost three years, with all his property seized.

Eventually, acting on the petition, detectives stormed the camp, where they arrested Alfa Imoniyi, Oyeniyi and others, while 30 victims were liberated from captivity. Although the adult captives have been released, nine underage inmates have been taken to welfare homes, while their parents and the suspected captors are still being detained at Iyaganku Police Station, pending being charged to court.
• Parents of the victims.

Barely a week after the Sango experience, another illegal detention camp situated at Oojo area of Ibadan, in Akinyele Local Government Area, was discovered. Here, it was alleged, the dead bodies of inmates were fed to the survivors by the operators. The magazine gathered that 92 captives, including a mobile policeman who has allegedly spent two years, were rescued while nine people suspected to be operators of the camp are currently in the police net awaiting prosecution. Addressing newsmen, the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Assistant Inspector-General Udom Ekpoudom, said the grievous inhuman treatment of many of the captives usually resulted in multiple death, adding that the testimony of some of the rescued captives showed that they were administered with concoctions made from water with which dead inmates were washed.

“Grievous inhuman treatment and torture usually resulted in multiple death of the inmates who were subsequently buried without any report from the police. The hostages in unison confessed that bodies of deceased inmates were usually eaten by their captors.”

Ekpoudom disclosed that a majority of the captives “were shrunk to skeletal frame, with severe burns and rashes”.

Parading the nine suspected operators of the illegal camp, which include Muhammed Olore, Dauda Afanda and Muhammed Adeyemi, the AIG said the police had discovered that six of the hostages who were females were allegedly subjected “to series of sexual acts against their wishes” while “illegal abortions were carried out on the pregnant inmates in the camp”.

He stressed that the state police command was informed of the existence of the camp by a victim who said he was abducted by some unknown men who claimed to be policemen on 5 February when he was about to open his shop located at Oojo.

The informant said he was immediately taken to the camp where he met several people in chains, and was locked up in a room for days until he miraculously escaped and headed for the Oyo State Police Command headquarters to alert the police of the existence of the camp.

The police commissioner gave items recovered from the operators of the illegal camp as three cars, including a Volvo 744, three spades, two hoes, one digger, some spiritual soap, herbs, and plastic containers with reddish water drained from the washing of dead bodies.

Some of the rescued inmates who spoke with journalists at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad office, Dugbe, claimed they were kidnapped by unidentified men only to find themselves at the illegal camp. One of the inmates who was confirmed as a mobile policemen by his colleagues at the parade ground, said he was kidnapped two years ago while he was serving at a police station in Ogbomoso. Another captive who said he was tricked to the camp from Yola, simply identified himself as Mohammed, a graduate of the Federal University of Technology, Yola who had spent almost a year in the camp.

Yet another captive said he was an undergraduate of the University of Ibadan until he was tricked to a place where he was kidnapped by some men and subsequently found himself at the illegal detention camp.However, the head of the camp, Mohammed Olore, told journalists that he was not operating an illegal detention centre but was only taking care of people addicted to hard drugs as well as those having mental problems. He insisted that none of the captives were kidnapped and taken to the camp as claimed by most of them.

As if it was a season of discovery of illegal detention camps, a third centre was detected at the Orogun area of Ibadan where Quoranic education was being taught. It was owned by one Alfa Ali Adebowale who has been arrested for torturing one of his students to death.

According to Oladimeji David of Elewi-Odo area of Ibadan, Adebowale killed his (Oladimeji’s) brother who was handed over to him this month. His petition read: “ My younger brother, Biliaminu Bashiru, 20 years, was handed over to Alfa Adebowale on February 1 2008 in a very healthy condition for Quoranic education. On 13 February 2008 at about 9am, I was informed that my brother had died. I was reliably told that my brother was tortured to death by Alfa Adebowale and his cohorts.”

The body of the deceased has been deposited at General Hospital, Adeoyo, Ibadan.

Meanwhile, a police source said illegal detention camps in Ibadan cannot be less than 30. He added that the police authorities were working assiduously to detect other illegal camps.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2009
i feel sorry for you omg did i post any evil forest articles? lol

NO because its not about igbo vs yoruba its sbout Lagos being a well governed state

STOP HATING

Afaukwu:

Davidif. Nada. I am doing much better than you can ever do. You may never earn half of my earning per month, plus the job satisfaction I get. Hate? No. I just feel I should tell you guys your story which you have been hiding under the carpet all these years

What does this rubbish mean lol obviously your not doing to well because your're hating on other peoples progress

Stating how much more your're earning only shows your problem - MONEY

You people can be bought LIKE AFRICAN BRIDES
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by bombsquad(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afauwku : The two people and states(Oyo and Ogun) youre using to chastisize the yoruba race are PDP ticket holders and i can only conclude that hanging around the People's Demonic party for too long and have become accustomed to their ways. . .Do you hear of any shrines in lagos? A few days back a whole deputy speaker was impeached in lagos . .do you see any fireworks?the atmosphere is stillpeaceful as though nothing happened. . it is because we dont indulge in do or die activities like the SE. We are peaceful and highly civil. If lagos were a country by itself,we would only be equated with the likes of Singapore,Brazil and other fast rising societies.

Can you say the same of any South eastern state my brother?
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
Typical Yoruba. Behaves as though he hates money but give him one little political position, he embezzles all the money allocated to him to work. Hypocrit
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2009
Lagos depends largely on oil money from the east, ND and Ondo. Remove oil Lagos is finished
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afaukwu:

Typical Yoruba. Behaves as though he hates money but give him one little political position, he embezzles all the money allocated to him to work. Hypocrit

lol your sick in your head

didn't we say Lagos is on another level

Afaukwu:

Lagos depends largely on oil money from the east, ND and Ondo. Remove oil Lagos is finished

Oil money?

Lagos doesn't get oil money from the Govt we support ourselves

PDP govt give money to AC state who is fueding with the federal government- you make no sense at all
Shows how much you know about politics
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by EDOYORUBA: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Afaukwu. Bros wat is all this ur tribalism all about?, Its people like you that are ruining this our great nation. what is typical  yoruba man, what is typical igbo man or hausa.   Listen give credit where credit is due.  The man is doin a great job for Lagos state AND MOST IMPORTANTLY IS DISCIPLINED AND VERY DEDICATED TO HIS JOB.
  So listen it isnt about being igbo ,yoruba or hausa. Its about who can do the job and who has the desire and dedication.

Rgds
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by bombsquad(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afaukwu it appears you dont know lagos too well. . .The money allocated lagos from Abuja is no longer commensurate with the population and the level of development a megacity like lagos is needed to maintain. .Lagosians pay a lot as tax to enable the govt keep the city standard and take it to the first world level the world expects of it. . .Lagos is equating itself with First world cities and can no longer harbour beggars and miscreants that have no known address or place to call home.Hence the brilliant idea to resettle them to their hometowns where they have accomodation.

What is wrong with that? Do you see beggars on the streets of london? A Leader has to be dynamic and spontaneous to cope with fresh challenges. .Change is difficult. .but my friend Afaukwu,change has come to lagos and indeed would soon spread to the rest of Yoruba land.

Can you indeed say change has come to the SE?
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
Change has come to Lagos? What about all those horrible photos of Lagos we see even here on Nairaland? Those are not part of Lagos? Plus, why do you equate Lagos to South East? What of other Yoruba states (5 whole others)? Are they changing too? Shame! Ewu Lagos
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
There is change in the respective SE states, in their various ways. I bet you have not travelled out of Yorubaland. Local Champion. Hike a ride to see.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
So Lagos now does not get oil money again? Abi? Yoruba peps! Eat and deny is your hallmark
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by EDOYORUBA: 9:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
@afaukwu?    Ewu lagos?  I can clearly see you,r ignorant and backward, and there's simply no reason for responsible people here on NL to liase or debate with people like you.          
                  Its very sad and pathethic to know that people like you still exist in nigeria.  And believe bros. If you want to stay online here all nite and start cursing tribes. YOUL HATE YOUR SELF.  

One word for the wise my man.  Enlighten your thought process and elevate your mind .
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2009
im sure you can stop hating now NO GOVERNOR FROM THE SE WAS ON CNN OR BBC NEWS

STOP HATING

WHY WOULD ANYONE GO TO THE SE? YOU GUYS HAVE NOTHING BUT OIL AFTER BUSINESS MEN MAKE THEIR MONEY THEY LEAVE SIMPLE

Im finished with you sick guys
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2009
EDO/YORUBA:

@ Afaukwu. Bros wat is all this your tribalism all about?, Its people like you that are ruining this our great nation. what is typical  yoruba man, what is typical igbo man or hausa.   Listen give credit where credit is due.  The man is doin a great job for Lagos state AND MOST IMPORTANTLY IS DISCIPLINED AND VERY DEDICATED TO HIS JOB.
  So listen it isnt about being igbo ,yoruba or hausa. Its about who can do the job and who has the desire and dedication.

Rgds

I simply said that Fashola cannot rule Nigeria (with reasons) and all hell was let loose by Yoruba irredentists. They only met their match in me. I do not do tribe, but when you push your luck too far, I help tell you your story.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by EDOYORUBA: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
Your phrase "Typical yoruba man" clearly shows that you do "tribe". It was clearly a provocative phrase which was unwarranted.

Again , Il repeat. We are one nigeria. And whosoever has the ability to lead and structure our beloved country, Regardless of their tribe, ethnicity, or religion, then let them lead.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8o5y5BmGs&feature=fvw

LAGOS  IS 90% OF NIGERIA FOREIGN TRADE AND 30% OF NIGERIAS GDP

GO TO SLEEP

FASHOLA CHANGING LAGOS IS CHANGING NIGERIA
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by bombsquad(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
From what i gather,ministry officials from other states come to lagos to understudy their waste management and sanitation technques and programs. . I hear they even hosted a powerful delegation of five ministers from ghana not too long ago.

I admire the government of lagos because unlike others they think. .They dont attaack challenges by trying to research what the others did.They have established themselves as pace setters in Nigeria and indeed the rest of Africa in meeting up with modern challenges.

Lagos no longer even holds lagos summits but West African summits. .Lagos satte is mature enough to be a republic in itself.

Afaukwu,do you disagree? with a Port,massive IGR drive ,industries,possibility of oil, etc
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2009
Yes, Port and all that. But Lagos still collects the third/fourth biggest monthly allocation from the FGN. All that comes from oil money. Did Fashola also build the port in Lagos? Who own the industries in Lagos? Yoruba?
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Beaf: 9:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
bombsquad:

Afaukwu it appears you dont know lagos too well. . .The money allocated lagos from Abuja is no longer commensurate with the population and the level of development a megacity like lagos is needed to maintain. .Lagosians pay a lot as tax to enable the govt keep the city standard and take it to the first world level the world expects of it. . .Lagos is equating itself with First world cities and can no longer harbour beggars and miscreants that have no known address or place to call home.Hence the brilliant idea to resettle them to their hometowns where they have accomodation.

What is wrong with that? Do you see beggars on the streets of london? A Leader has to be dynamic and spontaneous to cope with fresh challenges. .Change is difficult. .but my friend Afaukwu,change has come to lagos and indeed would soon spread to the rest of Yoruba land.

Can you indeed say change has come to the SE?

Reasoning of this type is the reason why the ND should stop providing almost half of the revenue for Lagos. A state that still needs to go cap in hand to the FG for revenue is busy deporting other Nigerians like they are better than everybody else.
I think the ND should leave these unproductive but mouthy regions to provide for themselves, lets see how long they will remain mouthy.

Lagos is a begging state like every other (including ND ones) so why don't they deport themselves out of the country?
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afaukwu:

Yes, Port and all that. But Lagos still collects the third/fourth biggest monthly allocation from the FGN. All that comes from oil money. Did Fashola also build the port in Lagos? Who own the industries in Lagos? Yoruba?

And who own oil refineries in the east? igbos?

Beaf:

Reasoning of this type is the reason why the ND should stop providing almost half of the revenue for Lagos. A state that still needs to go cap in hand to the FG for revenue is busy deporting other Nigerians like they are better than everybody else.
I think the ND should leave these unproductive but mouthy regions to provide for themselves, lets see how long they will remain mouthy.

Lagos is a begging state like every other (including ND ones) so why don't they deport themselves out of the country?

sjeezy8:

LAGOS IS 90% OF NIGERIA FOREIGN TRADE AND 30% OF NIGERIAS GDP

GO TO SLEEP

Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Beaf: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
[Quote author=sjeezy8]

LAGOS  IS 90% OF NIGERIA FOREIGN TRADE AND 30% OF NIGERIAS GDP

GO TO SLEEP

[/quote]

I wonder where you got those ridiculous figures from. My friend, you're beginning to sound as brainwashed as a suicide bomber.
We from the Niger Delta feed you in Lagos. If as someone on this page has suggested, Lagos is now more of a nation than a state; they can well leave the country, for the ND it will be one less mouth to feed. Ingrates.

Lagos is a begging state like every other (including ND ones).
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2009
Beaf,

No mind the hypocrits. They steal and deny that they are rogues. That is what pisses some of us. When Obasanjo refused to give Lagos its allocation some years back, what happened? Did not Tinubu cry like a rain-drenched rat begging for Lagos' allocation?
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by toshacer: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2009
stupid insinuation.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
lol i got those facts from cnn bbc and aljazeera news thats for 2008 figures

2007 below
Rank State GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP in 2007

keep lying  TO yourself you guys are feeding the north and the REST of NIGERIA
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 10:07pm On Aug 25, 2009
tosh_acer:

stupid insinuation.
Indeed, very stupid insinuation. Perhaps he can run for the governorship of all 6 Yoruba states, who cares. Idiotic nonsense.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Afaukwu: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2009
Wiki = fake info. Anambra is the 4th riches state after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja. In that site there was no source where wiki got its info from. Shows its fake. That was even in dollars? OMG. Fake fake fake.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Beaf: 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol i got those facts from cnn bbc and aljazeera news thats for 2008 figures

Rank State GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP in 2007

keep lying  TO yourself you guys are feeding the north and the REST of NIGERIA

. . .Now I understand. So you don't know maths, you just scream these rubbish figures at the top of your voice?

[Quote author=sjeezy8]

LAGOS IS 90% OF NIGERIA FOREIGN TRADE AND 30% OF NIGERIAS GDP
[/quote]

Dream on. The Niger Delta feeds you, all states are beggars.
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
Beaf:

. . .Now I understand. So you don't know maths, you just scream these rubish figures at the top of your voice?

its called MATH not maths

and the figures i presented were stated as 2007
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
the guy said it not me

so please dont be angry LAGOS STATE IS EXPORTING THEIR OWN OIL
Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by Beaf: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2009
sjeezy8:

the guy said it not me

so please dont be angry LAGOS STATE IS EXPORTING THEIR OWN OIL

So the ignorance goes farther than maths. Na wa, Lagos get oil!!!!

Re: Fashola To Run For Governorship Of 6+ States In Next Election. by sjeezy8: 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
ignorance is bliss, youre walking around not knowing anything and are ok with

What place did you think MEND attacked? they only blow up oil revenue making places

sjeezy8:

Nigeria rebels hit Lagos oil target

Mend said its fighters 'overpowered' Nigerian navy personnel guarding the wharf [File: AFP]

At least five oil workers have been killed after a Nigerian rebel group launched an attack in Lagos, the country's most populous city and financial capital.

Fighters from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (Mend) attacked an oil tanker wharf in the city's harbour.

The attack came shortly before Henry Okah, a suspected Mend leader, was freed on Monday as part of a government amnesty aimed at ending the fighting in the Niger Delta.

Mend says it is fighting for greater autonomy for the Niger Delta and a fairer distribution of its oil wealth.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2009/07/200971315455153179.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father / President Jonathan Condemns Attack On Bayero University, Kano / Top Most Corrupt Countries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.