Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal (21697 Views)

President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia / President Buhari Cancels FEC Meeting Today / Again, President Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal For ECOWAS Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by clemeseh(m): 11:30pm On Jun 02, 2016
SAN FRANCISCO, June 02, (THEWILL) – President Muhammadu Buhari has again cancelled his scheduled trip to Dakar, Senegal for the 49th Extra-Ordinary Summit of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), adding to a string of abruptly scrapped travels by the Presidency in the last two weeks, THEWILL can authoritatively report.

As exclusively reported by THEWILL late Wednesday night, the President had abruptly cancelled his widely publicized Thursday trip to Ogoni, Rivers State to launch the cleaning up of years of oil spills that have devastated the Niger Delta community. Before then, the President had also abruptly cancelled trips to Lagos state, citing scheduling difficulties.

Trusted Presidency sources with knowledge of the latest cancellation told THEWILL on Thursday that the President may have directed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to represent him at the one-day summit slated for Friday, June 3. The Vice President, who represented the President at his no-shows in Lagos and Ogoni, is expected to depart for Dakar this night or first thing Friday morning, according to our checks if he asked to go.

Our multiple sources said the President shelved the Dakar trip so as not to buy into the narrative that he only prefers to do trips to international destinations after shunning Lagos and Rivers States.

“The President cares about Nigerians and their feelings… He is a very sensitive leader. Because he didn’t make the Lagos and Rivers trips he is also shelving the Senegal trip so that he doesn’t seem insensitive to the issues plaguing the nation,” one of our sources said.

Calls and text messages to spokesmen of the President and Vice President, Garba Shehu and Olaolu Akande, respectively to get an official position were not acknowledged as at the time we published this report.

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/thewill-exclusive-again-president-buhari-cancels-scheduled-trip-to-senegal-for-ecowas-summit/

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by izsmike: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
D ni99a Is sick jor

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by GudluckIBB(m): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hope Baba is well Sha.
God pls heal Buhari, protect him from any arrows of sickess thrown by ipod and scavengers and Bh and yam eaters who are already afraid of Baba's probe.

Amen!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by Jadela(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
Again?! What is really happening?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by kutchs: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shouldn't people close to this guy ask him to just resign?
He's becoming more of a liability and embarrassment than asset.
It's obvious he isn't fit for the job.
I don't know about his health issues, but seriously he needs to resign and take time to sort that out.

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by nanauju(f): 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ehya. Bubu is sick. When he was flying upandan he didn't remember to rest o.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by kenny987(f): 11:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Is this guy sick? Cos this has gone beyond normalcy now. His handlers had better come clean now he still has some breath left in him (I hope so), and let him get good medical care. He's aged and expected to get sick more often especially with the demands of office. People may laugh or jeer at him and his crew, which will not be out of place because he was warned and he knew the strains and stresses of the office of president yet went into it willingly. Still, life is more important unless he can't be bothered.

Let it not be a case of one rotten cabal pulling the strings and calling the shots while the president is incapacitated or worse. Nigeria is not anybody's birthright or plaything to control at will. That is why wise ones have chosen the honourable option of bowing out rather than trying to control this mishmash of nations called a country.

As they say he did not cancel Ogoni trip, is this one also not cancelled?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by kenny987(f): 12:01am On Jun 03, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Hope Baba is well Sha.
God pls heal Buhari, protect from any arrows of sickess thrown by ipod and scavengers and Bh and yam eaters who are already afraid of Baba's probe.

Amen!

Lol... cheesy grin Can arrows of sickness supposedly thrown by those you claim really be that effective? Who would have thought so? People supposed to be easily 'crushed' by the almighty Nigerian Army? Come on... grin grin grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by Jirate(m): 12:04am On Jun 03, 2016
nanauju:
Ehya. Bubu is sick. When he was flying upandan he didn't remember to rest o.

“Flying Tiger” abi na “Crouching Tiger”, this is not the Time to get Sick, there is a Monster waiting for You in the Ring, please be a Man and use those Tactics you went to Acquire in China recently on Him before the Common Man is Annihilated.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by nnachukz(m): 12:15am On Jun 03, 2016
Now that he has landed from his almost permanent abode on air, the heat is now getting to him real hard.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by kenny987(f): 12:16am On Jun 03, 2016
nnachukz:
Now that he has landed from his almost permanent abode on air, the heat is now getting to him real hard.

Abi he should sha try and enter the aircraft na, maybe once he's airborne his malaise will be lifted. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by almujeebe(m): 12:48am On Jun 03, 2016
This man is too old to govern Nigeria. Wish him quick recovery if its health related issue sha

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by nigeriafilm(m): 1:34am On Jun 03, 2016
Just to justify his c........
Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by funkyibodude(m): 1:38am On Jun 03, 2016
Either he's sick or no money to travel, or he's tired of traveling, but it's more likely that he's sick, recall that PDP said something about him going for medical check this week.. undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by KOBOJO: 1:56am On Jun 03, 2016
Chai.....old age sickness.

i wish him recovery though...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by Growingboi(m): 2:03am On Jun 03, 2016
Just as PDP rightly said, this man is seriously sick. this was how yar'daua started. Anyways let's pray for Osinbajo to perform brilliantly as the next president.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by todayboy: 2:05am On Jun 03, 2016
I think the family of Buhari should advise him to resign and go and arrest
The man is not feeling fine because of what the media will say if he Travel to see his doctor he is just hiding in aso Rock like abacha
Baba go arrest your family need you more

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by wristbangle: 5:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Seems he is not that healthy.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by ckmayoca: 5:22am On Jun 03, 2016
Quick recovery I wish mr president.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2016
I don't know why the trips are always being cancelled at the last minute....I don't think the President is sick; he could be tired of being in the air.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2016
And the source is so credible!
Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by mashin(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2016
who doesn't fall sick on earth, is it only Buhari that sicks, why are most Nigerians having childish brain even in maturity, i find most of these childish brain on nairaland. Don't we have intelligent people on this site again, most comments i see here are the comments we use to jist with in when i was in JSS3 about 25 years back.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by olafum1(m): 7:24am On Jun 03, 2016
The man should just cancel himself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by lmm4real: 7:33am On Jun 03, 2016
olafum1:
The man should just cancel himself
for ur small mind u done comment abi undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by bondingman: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2016
Are we sure this man is still alive.
abeg no die until u make $1 =#1 for the zombies

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by RZArecta(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2016
If Senegal was in Europe or America he would have gone there. Osinbande can represent him sha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by dayo23(f): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Osinbajo is fit and healthy, Buhari the old ful should step down

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by slimfit1(m): 7:46am On Jun 03, 2016
mashin:
who doesn't fall sick on earth, is it only Buhari that sicks, why are most Nigerians having childish brain even in maturity, i find most of these childish brain on nairaland. Don't we have intelligent people on this site again, most comments i see here are the comments we use to jist with in when i was in JSS3 about 25 years back.

Common sense is not common in nairaland anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by ochobaba(m): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2016
my popman isn't okay...plz pray for my dad for quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by olafum1(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2016
lmm4real:

for ur small mind u done comment abi undecided

You tell me
Re: Buhari Cancels Scheduled Trip To Senegal by HzRF(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Hope Baba is well Sha.
God pls heal Buhari, protect from any arrows of sickess thrown by ipod and scavengers and Bh and yam eaters who are already afraid of Baba's probe.

Amen!
The amount of enemies u pay per post agents generate for the forever a dullard is not here

Bunch of bottlehead

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Slams Nigerians For "Fabricating Imaginative Crisis" / Obiano Tours Anambra Riverine Communities To Ascertain Water Level (Pictures) / Buhari: I Won’t Tolerate Electoral Malpractices In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.