Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,049 members, 7,859,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Want Our Engagement Broken! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want Our Engagement Broken! (874 Views)

Somethings I Would Want Our Nigerian Girls To Stop / Qualities We Want Our Perfect Girlfriend To Have (1) / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Our Engagement Broken! by Psalty(f): 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
I am writing here with great burden in my heart & tears in my eyes. my fiancee is very a obsessed and possesive man. He even followed me around once. He quesions my movements a lot.
I am presently in lag for a wedding (i stay in ph), my fiancee just called my fone to speak solely with my friend, the chic am staying with, to confirm that i'm there with her, he even went further to say that the voice aint hers and dat am scamming him.
It made me sad cos av done virtually all for him, even made love without any protections, cos i loved him. He says he loves me but i dont know if thats true.
Now i dont know what to do wen i get back to ph. I think am going to break it off!! Guys, is his behavior normal?, am so confused!!
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by justwise(m): 12:16am On Aug 25, 2009
Psalty:

I am writing here with great burden in my heart & tears in my eyes. my fiancee is very a obsessed and possesive man. He even followed me around once. He quesions my movements a lot.
I am presently in lag for a wedding (i stay in ph), my fiancee just called my fone to speak solely with my friend, the chic am staying with, to confirm that i'm there with her, he even went further to say that the voice aint hers and dat am scamming him.
It made me sad cos av done virtually all for him, even made love without any protections, cos i loved him. He says he loves me but i dont know if thats true.
Now i dont know what to do wen i get back to ph. I think am going to break it off!! Guys, is his behavior normal?, am so confused!!
Please no matter how much u love ur bf use protection, please.
Now to the issue, no its not normal, there should be trust in a rela/ship, without it then there is no point staying together.
U need to have a serious chat with him abt his insecurity, talk to him with every sense of seriousness. its not fair the way he treats u ONLY if u have given him the reason to, maybe lied to him b4 about where u are going or cheated on him b4, in that case, u shouldn't blame him for checking on u.
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by C2H5OH(f): 12:23am On Aug 25, 2009
justwise:

Please no matter how much u love your bf use protection, please.
Now to the issue, no its not normal, there should be trust in a rela/ship, without it then there is no point staying together.
U need to have a serious chat with him abt his insecurity, talk to him with every sense of seriousness. its not fair the way he treats u ONLY if u have given him the reason to, maybe lied to him b4 about where u are going or cheated on him b4, in that case, u shouldn't blame him for checking on u.

What he said.

Give him an ultimatumm. Tell him you can't marry him if he can't trust you.
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by chiogo(f): 12:26am On Aug 25, 2009
Man, people like that never change, maybe for a little while but not completely.

Talk to him quite alright but if you don't see any changes, you better run. This type of men hit their wives. I'm sure you don't want that.
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by Treetop20(m): 12:27am On Aug 25, 2009
run for your life!
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by daduke2k(m): 12:42am On Aug 25, 2009
Break it off
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by MoneyRule(m): 1:00am On Aug 25, 2009
Have u talked 2 him abt it?
If u have and u see no changes, chic. . . . . .Hit the road!
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by Nobody: 1:06am On Aug 25, 2009
MoneyRule:

Have u talked 2 him abt it?
If u have and u see no changes, chic. . . . . .Hit the road!

I agree, bring it up with him. Ask him why he doesn't trust you. Whatever his response, follow your gut when you want to make your decision.
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by Outstrip(f): 1:23am On Aug 25, 2009
Someone like this can kill
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by Psalty(f): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2009
Thanks guys. my night was a disturbed one, only to crown it all this morning with a call from him apologising and saying he messed up big time. He says he loves me but i dont know if thats love and am scared of the future. My decision to quit is still fresh on mi mind for now tho.
Nlanders, i want to know, is my ordeal a good enough reason to break this off or should there be a greater cause?
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by AIRMARSHA: 11:26am On Aug 25, 2009
try and reassure him that u a for-real if he don't change then live him to much obsession is not good.
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by justwise(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2009
AIR MARSHA:

try and reassure him that u a for-real if he don't change then live him to much obsession is not good.

Thats my point exactly, do that b4 taking any other decision
Re: I Want Our Engagement Broken! by vikiviko(m): 4:14pm On Aug 25, 2009
@Psalty

chill for the guy he's just been too emotional and possessive.

he loves you 4sure.

not too cogent to back off my dear.

best wishes

(1) (Reply)

Wife Wins $9 Million From Husband's Mistress / Are Virgins Still D Buzz? / Us$ 1 000 000 Offered For Bride Price After Seeing Her Pictures On Facebook!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.