Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

What You Know About Love Is A Lie - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What You Know About Love Is A Lie (586 Views)

BBNaija 2018: "Chydo Lawrence Impregnated My Girlfriend". It's A Lie, Chydo Says / If Love Is Not Enough For Marriage, What Is? / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Know About Love Is A Lie by TamaraAbells: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2016

Love of another person is often equated with “romance” as played out in countless movies and books: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl, and they live happily ever after ---- The boy and girl are almost always very young and beautiful. This is not always true when it comes to reality. Real love does not depend on physical and beauty as these stories suggests. Yet many of us tend to reject those who do not fit this ideal.

To better understand what love is, we must separate the real roots of love from the notion of romance. Real love is a deep concern for another person’s welfare. When you love someone, you communicate this love not just in words but in your actions. This kind of love is not something you “fall into.” It is something you work on that grows each day.

Types of love

Love exists in many forms. In real friendship, you love your friends and help them in any way you can in times of need. Parents and children feel a special kind of love for each other. In marital love, husbands and wives are deeply committed to each other in all aspects of their lives. People may love their country. They appreciate what their country has done for them and feel a commitment to serve in some way. The broadest type of love is love for humanity. People who truly “love their neighbors as themselves” demonstrate these kind of love.

The need for love

Love is an important emotion. It gives special meaning to life. It enriches life. When babies receive love, they feel secure. In this way, self-acceptance grows. Self-love is necessary before you can love others. Do not confuse with self-love with selfishness. Selfishness is seeing only oneself not others. Self-love on the other hand, is seeing yourself as a worthy person in relation to others. We are born with the capacity to love, but it must first be nurtured.

For more Related articles, visit http://africhow.com/more/relationships/dating-sexuality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Know About Love Is A Lie by Parpor(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2016
Re: What You Know About Love Is A Lie by ozy4christ(f): 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
What i kw abt love is dat,LOVE IS GOD and God is love,dats y he sent his son also he gave us love as d greatest commandment
Re: What You Know About Love Is A Lie by theEYe21(f): 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
You have lots to learn then grin
ozy4christ:
What i kw abt love is dat,LOVE IS GOD and God is love,dats y he sent his son also he gave us love as d greatest commandment
Re: What You Know About Love Is A Lie by theEYe21(f): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2016
Love is selfless; putting other people needs before yours. Love is kind. Love is patient. Love is generous. Sacrifice is love.

(1) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are In Right Relationship / Advice Me: I Don’t Love My Ex But I Have Been Thinking Of Him / What's The Appropriate Age For Marriage ( Ladies & Guys)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.