Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna (1833 Views)

President Buhari's Picture With Archbishop Of Canterbury: Nigerians React / Buhari Receives Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (Photos) / Archbishop Obinna Abused By Pro-Biafran Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by agentofhell(m): 10:24am On Jun 04, 2016
THE Catholic Archbishop of the Owerri Archdiocese,
Dr. Anthony Obinna has opened up on why he
joined the protesting members of the Indigenous
Peoples of Biafra, IPOB and the Movement for the
Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB
during a procession to mark the Nigeria-Biafra civil
war anniversary earlier this week.
In an interview with Saturday Sun , the Archbishop
said “what happened on that day was that we were
on our way to Anambra State for the burial of one
of the Reverend Sisters when we saw members of
IPOB and MASSOB and they made way for us to
move on. But on our way back near Nkpor, the
protesting youths barred us from passing. But after
several minutes when the protesting youths would
not allow us continue our journey to Owerri, as a
spiritual leader I had to come out of the vehicle
and appealed to them that what they were doing
was unnecessary as there are better ways to
channel their grievances rather than destroying
their own homes.”
He further disclosed that “I counseled the
protesters that they cannot achieve Biafra through
violence or by killing anybody but through dia­
logue and that a wise man does not bring
destruction to his homestead. I reminded them
that we have already witnessed the unnecessary
deaths of some youths including men and women
in the cause of the agitation for Biafra.”
While noting that violence will never solve any
problem, the priest stated that “the death of any
Nigerian is not good, whether the person is Hausa-
Fulani , Yoruba, Igbo or Tiv and should not be
tolerated in whatever guise, and so it is incumbent
on the leaders of the country to fashion out an
amicable solution that will ensure peace and
harmony because we have no other country but
Nigeria.
Urging President Buhari to work hard and unite the
country, Obinna said “the political leaders of the
country should have the will power to address the
concerns of citizens with sincerity and honesty
because nobody wants the break up of the country.
Every nation has its own peculiar problem but how
the problems are addressed is what makes the dif­
ference.
http://sunnewsonline.com/how-i-joined-biafra-protest-archbishop-obinna/

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2016
watch ipob flat.heads refute this account as a creation of their enemy the Yorubas.
no responsible Nigerian wants to be associated with ipob touts,even their governors and politician are ashamed of them,all they have on their mind is the 2019 elections.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Poorboy: 11:08am On Jun 04, 2016
I thought as much!

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by concur: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:
watch ipob flat.heads refute this account as a creation of their enemy the Yorubas.
no responsible Nigerian wants to be associated with ipob touts,even their governors and politician are ashamed of them,all they have on their mind is the 2019 elections.

if i mention YORUBIGOTS ,I WILL BE SUSPENDED RIGHT ?
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by obailala(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2016
Apparently the older wiser generation are not in support of these street protests and agitations which could only lead to more problems for Igbos spread across Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by lastmessenger: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2016
lies
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by otukpo(f): 11:17am On Jun 04, 2016
Wise words from the Bishop.

Note where he said " violence will never solve any problem".

That is for the federal government.

2 Likes

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by seunny4lif(m): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin
This must be Yoruba person grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by cybernaut(m): 11:35am On Jun 04, 2016
Foolish priest like obinna like mbaka. Only thing we want is referendum ipob. Don't test but FG is enjoying d test who else still remem
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by vedaxcool(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2016
grin grin Liepob over to you

3 Likes

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Noneroone(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
Medicine after death!
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by attackgat: 12:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:

Another shameless conny looking for who he will do "one Nigeria" with.
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
attackgat:

Another shameless conny looking for who he will do "one Nigeria" with.
tell that to azikwe and his one Nigeria nationalist zombies or better still to your hero ojukwu would later contested under the aegis of a Fulani party after 3million of his people were used as shooting practice by Fulani soldiers.

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by attackgat: 12:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:
tell that to azikwe and his one Nigeria nationalist zombies or better still to your hero ojukwu would later contested under the aegis of a Fulani party after 3million of his people were used as shooting practice by Fulani soldiers.

We live in the present not the past. If you are concerned about the past, invent a time machine and go back to ask Zik, who is a hated figure in Igboland, why he believed in 'one Nigeria'. After that you can then go and ask Gowon why he came down to the East to kill 3 million people who were enjoying their freedom.

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by proeast(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:
Why cant you people let the Igbos & Niger Delta be? Must they share a country with you?? You hate them yet you want them to remain with you, what kind of madness is that

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by proeast(m): 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
obailala:
Apparently the older wiser generation are not in support of these street protests and agitations which could only lead to more problems for Igbos spread across Nigeria.
Dont be decieved, IPOB has the support of all & sundry but you are at liberty to believe whatever you want to believe, it doesnt change what is on ground!!
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
attackgat:

We live in the present not the past. If you are concerned about the past, invent a time machine and go back to ask Zik, who is a hated figure in Igboland, why he believed in 'one Nigeria'. After that you can then go and ask Gowon why he came down to the East to kill 3 million people who were enjoying their freedom.
you should invent the time machine,so as to save 3million of your dead ancestors.
do I look I care about what perception you have of zik,all I know is that he responsible for the useless country Nigeria with his Hausa friends.
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
proeast:
Why cant you people let the Igbos & Niger Delta be? Must they share a country with you?? You hate them yet you want them to remain with you, what kind of madness is that
the madness you speak about belongs to zik and his fellow nationalist ibos,after witnessing the kano massacre, he still foolishly voted to form a country with the same Hausa and Yoruba who never wanted to be part of a united country.
I just hope they didn't pass the madness down to their descendants accusing Yoruba on nl for their imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by coolmc(m): 1:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
If u think ipob have no support.... Please
Tell FG TO CONDUCT A REFERENDUM.... De result will blow ur mind...

Referendum is all I ask!!!
Mr banner u can ban me...
I don't care!!
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by temptnow: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
[size=20pt]Is their a reason why yorubbers are afraid of igbos leaving them behind??[/size]
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by PassingShot(m): 1:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
temptnow:
[size=20pt]Is their a reason why yorubbers are afraid of igbos leaving them behind??[/size]
Anyone holding you guys?

The last time we checked, you people are not dragged with chain on your neck to come to the SW or the North.
Has anyone also stopped you from leaving Nigeria?
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by kayfra: 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
temptnow:

Who is holding you back? Your medications not kicking in? Feelings of delusion?
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by tosan200(m): 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
lie lie iPods lie lie ipods grin
Re: How I Joined Biafra Protest –archbishop Obinna by Montaque(m): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
To believe that commemorating biafra heroes day is synonymous to destroying properties, is the height of deception.
Same event was held in the uk and spain and nothing went wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Edo Poll: Apc’s Obaseki Inches Towards Victory / APC CRISIS: Atiku Faction Plan To Break Away / See Who Nigerian Youths Want As President And Vice In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.