Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,653 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? (1279 Views)

Kogi State Government Releases Salaries Paid To Workers Publicly. Is It Proper? / Muslims Behead Woman Trader In Kano Over Blasphemy / Rivers People Now Viewed As Barbarians That Behead Fellow Human Beings’ – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
Just trying to picture a group of youths in America or UK , dragging a woman on the street and behead her for blasphemy. How will this happen and how will the president react?

Will the president address the nation that day or ignore it as one those things that normally happen.?

What is corruption ?

Is it that someone stole money and charged to court or that a citizen of a country is beheaded in broad day light and the president does not blink?

7 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by sanandreas(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
They care about us. On what ground would you take someone's life? It is barbaric walahi
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Of what use is the anti corruption fight of the govt to the lady who was beheaded?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by oweniwe(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
Nigeria is not a country....

If a Japanese, German or American want to die for their country ... I understand.

Now ask me if I can die for Nigeria ...

Eh?? Me? Die for what?? I dey craze??

I'll rather die on top of a bebe than die for Nigeria ...!!.. angry

4 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
If we can be killed like chicken, who will use the roads the govt is budgeting billions for?

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
How come security shot and killed people over peaceful protests but can't stop a crowd beheading a woman?

5 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2016
What gives youths in a particular region in this country courage to get up drag someone on the streets and behead them in broad day light?

I know jungle justice in general in Nigeria. Besides armed robbery and cultism which is general in Nigeria. I have never head of public execution of Nigerian in any other region .

What gives these youths the confidence?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by santos247(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:
Of what use is the anti corruption fight of the govt to the lady who was beheaded?

This is a deep thought. MAy God bless your spring !!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
President buhari lost election, youth corpers were killed. Nothing was heard about the killers. A cartoon published in some country outside Nigeria, Lives and property destroyed in Nigeria.

President buhari campigned freely in every part of Nigeria, but some areas were no go area for GEJs campign team. Buses were burnt and nothing happened.

7 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by tsdarkside(m): 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
ohhh yes they can...and they will...best americans can do is to avoid the rest of the world....nobody likes americans...that is a fact......
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
Until the leadership of this nation places high value on human life by demonstration, every other effort in development is wasted.

Unfortunately, when the president uses violence and blood(dog and baboon soaked in blood) to express himself, what hope do the citizens have?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Blood is blood, no matter whose it is that is spilled.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
Where r the women groups ? Where are the human right groups? Where is the supposed mother of the nation(First Lady)?

Why are they not speaking up? Oh sorry, I forgot it has to do with religion. Yeah, it's a no go area. Please remind me, what system of govt are we running again?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by greatgod2012(f): 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
@op, the leaders of those counties you mentioned know what leadership entails, they know they are there to serve and protect the citizens, but our own leaders here do not even know who a leader is, not to talk of what leadership entails. They are just power hungry, they just want to be addressed as "His Excellency". They don't even care about those who they are leading.

And you asked what gave the perpetrators the confidence...................perhaps, you've forgotten that they know that their governor shares the same sentiments with them.

Abeg, I'm far from being a tribalist o, but honestly, living with Northerners is becoming scary. We don't have anything in common.

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by greatgod2012(f): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:
Where r the women groups ? Where are the human right groups? Where is the supposed mother of the nation(First Lady)?

Why are they not speaking up? Oh sorry, I forgot it has to do with religion. Yeah, it's a no go area. Please remind me, what system of govt are we running again?

First Lady

Please, I'm not an Easterner, but let me borrow the words of Nnamidi KANU...............this country is a zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by JaredNormak: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
To your topic,
Yes, they can, in fact, they have.

The difference is how the government of USA followed up the issue unlike our "I don't care government".

To your post, no.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by greatgod2012(f): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:
Until the leadership of this nation places high value on human life by demonstration, every other effort in development is wasted.

Unfortunately, when the president uses violence and blood(dog and baboon soaked in blood) to express himself, what hope do the citizens have?

Nigeria is just like animal farm...........I can understand your emotional status now, but believe me, you're just ranting, nothing will be done to those perpetrators. You yourself have said it all, even the President encouraged violence and blood shedding when he lost elections.

God will help us.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
The govt might claim to be winning the war against terrorism, but the beheading of this lady shows clearing that they are losing the battle.

You can win the war and loose the battle. We are fighting the symptoms and ignore the disease. We leave the ideology that produces terrorism and focus on the product.

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by Pavore9: 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Their settings breed monsters instead of humans. angry

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by ckmayoca: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
Most of us in this country are educated illiterate cos we went to school but we can't differentiate and use our head to determine what is right or wrong but instead buy what politicians sells to us because that is what they know we want to hear at that moment. Is a rapist accused someone of a theft and we all rush to beat the person to pulp and keep watching the rapist then are we wise?
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by JaredNormak: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:

SharianTocracy.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by iykopy: 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
In the zoo anytin can happen.

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by lastmessenger: 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
is nigeria really a zoo?

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2016
A few people as usual will be arrested in connection with her death. But was she beaten and butchered by 2 or 3 people?

It is not really the action of a person that matter but the motive. It's not the beheading that should be addressed but the motive behind it.

If u say an attack on BokoHaram is an attack on the north, What message are u sending to boko?

When u said if u loose an election, blood will flow, what message are you sending to those that killed innocent people when you lost the last time?

When u say that the herdsmen that kill Nigerians are Lybians, what message are you sending ?

A country where youths wake up and kill innocent citizens, bomb places ad even kill security agents, one day 800 of them wake up and say they have repented and recieve a welcomed and taken care of by govt.

This woman was brutalised and butchered in public. This action sent an encouraging message to the perpetrators and their followers. Why can't those who have been arrested be executed in public as well to send a discouraging message?

To let the whole country know what what awaits anyone that spills the blood of a fellow Nigerian for what ever reason.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
And you wonder why there is no peace in the country? Why a group rises from one side to make the country ungovernable for the leader from another side?

It's turn by turn. When a southerner is in charge a group from the north makes the country ungovernable for him, the same is expected from the south when a northerner takes over.

Until a balanced is created and we agree on clear rules for our coexistence then we won't know peace in this nation.

1 Like

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Developed countries have invested alot in the minds of their citizens positively, so they spend less engaging them physically in violent situations.

They know a crimes is a crime, irespective of where you come from .

We invest much negatively in the minds of our people, today we spend billions fighting violence.

We support terror when we want power and commit billions to fight it when we get in.

Until we address this issues in the mind of the perpetrators of such evil acts then, we will continue to be reactive and spend billions to fight crime.

Even if all the soldiers and security agencies in Nigeria are deployed to secure the oil installations, as long as the people know in their mind that 80% of the oil blocks belong to people outside the region, they will be ready to attack at anytime.

If u secure the mind of the people, you will avoid confrontation.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by Rossikki: 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:
Just trying to picture a group of youths in America or UK , dragging a woman on the street and behead her for blasphemy. How will this happen and how will the president react?

Will the president address the nation that day or ignore it as one those things that normally happen.?

What is corruption ?

Is it that someone stole money and charged to court or that a citizen of a country is beheaded in broad day light and the president does not blink?
You people and your inferiority complex. 'Angelic' America dropped atomic bombs on Japan, killing over 200,000 people in a matter of minutes. I guess that makes them angels. Oh...and people are murdered like flies in the US. At last count over 23,000 people are murdered there each year, with no presidential speech. But hey, that's no big deal since they were "not beheaded'', but shot. Afterall, it's really civilized to kill people by gunfire, so long as there's no head cutting. Awon olodo.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by mekaboy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
Rossikki:
You people and your inferiority complex. 'Angelic' America dropped atomic bombs on Japan, killing over 200,000 people in a matter of minutes. I guess that makes them angels. Oh...and people are murdered like flies in the US. At last count over 23,000 people are murdered there each year, with no presidential speech. But hey, that's no big deal since they were "not beheaded'. Awon olodo.

When you grow up you will understand that I am not talking about nation against nation but about the value of the life of citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by Rossikki: 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:

When you grow up you will understand that I am not talking about nation against nation but about the value of the life of citizens.
When you grow up, as well as grow a brain, you will understand that it is no more civilized to slaughter foreigners callously than it is to slaughter "your own" citizens. And that mass murder cannot be excused on the grounds that a nation did it to another nation, and not to its own citizens.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by paschu: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
[s]
Rossikki:
You people and your inferiority complex. 'Angelic' America dropped atomic bombs on Japan, killing over 200,000 people in a matter of minutes. I guess that makes them angels. Oh...and people are murdered like flies in the US. At last count over 23,000 people are murdered there each year, with no presidential speech. But hey, that's no big deal since they were "not beheaded'', but shot. Afterall, it's really civilized to kill by gunfire, so long as there's no head cutting.
Awon olodo.
[/s]

You're talking trash.

The OP's question was simple: Can a group of religious nuts (or any group at all) lynch and behead someone in the street of UK or US WHILE the prime minster/president says nothing?

Answer the question.

Or do you have problem with your brain?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by Rossikki: 5:33pm On Jun 04, 2016
paschu:
[s][/s]

You're talking trash.

The OP's question was simple: Can a group of religious nuts (or any group at all) lynch and behead someone in the street of UK or US WHILE the prime minster/president says nothing?

Answer the question.

Or do you have problem with your brain?
Ignorant dunce, actually there were numerous public lynchings in America, where blacks were grabbed by christians, and ropes tossed around their heads before they were publicly hanged or set alight, and there were no presidential speeches. And even today there are numerous drive-by shootings in America where loads of innocent persons, including children, are killed in broad daylight, with no presidential speeches.
Re: Can A Religious Group Behead An American Citizen Publicly? by zanebaddo(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
mekaboy:
Developed countries have invested alot in the minds of their citizens positively, so they spend less engaging them physically in violent situations.

They know a crimes is a crime, irespective of where you come from .

We invest much negatively in the minds of our people, today we spend billions fighting violence.

We support terror when we want power and commit billions to fight it when we get in.

Until we address this issues in the mind of the perpetrators of such evil acts then, we will continue to be reactive and spend billions to fight crime.

Even if all the soldiers and security agencies in Nigeria are deployed to secure the oil installations, as long as the people know in their mind that 80% of the oil blocks belong to people outside the region, they will be ready to attack at anytime.

If u secure the mind of the people, you will avoid confrontation.
baba you get strength, save your energy, if you like continue it won't change anything, we are in for a long thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Missle Threat / When Will Nigeria Upgrade From This To This! / Scores Of Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.