Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More (64044 Views)

Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her / Pic: When He Tells His Wife That He Travelled To Malaysia But Did Not.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ruq: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
sabama007:

So, if she calls a piece of orange for #2000 I shld just pay? Cmon!

You dey mind all these sympathy seeking peeps, na those whey whey price pass go full here.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ruq: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
amokeme:

God bless you! Uv said it all.. Most people commenting here are just sentimental. I mean, I believe in charity alot (I even have my own charity outreach) what I dont like is people mandating or expecting you to because you are "rich" for goodness sakes, why can't individuals satisfy their conscience, mind their business and move on?! But no, the next thing you will hear is the "rich this poor this" if I decide to go to a super market, it's my money... and if I decide to help someone, it's also my money. All the people commenting the rich is this and that here are the ones that don't even help anybody! Or you don't know your 50 naira can go a long way Be waiting for a rich man to come and dash her 500k Mtcheeew.. We are just hypocrites!
The annoying thing and at the same time funny is, if someone decides to locate this woman to help her, the same category of people calling on the "rich" will say it's "publicity stunt" mehn! The mentality of an average Nigerian youth is pathetic angry
An ignorant person is already saying this is another olajumoke is the making. You can imagine such comment. Is just sad

That's the world mam.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Raph01: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
permanentgrace:

And what is wrong with such news headline? Must a fruit seller remains a fruit seller till he/she dies? What is wrong with God using whatever mysterious way to change the story of a fruit seller?
and did I tell U anythang's wrong with it?? I tried 2 create an impression that Social Networks now make peepz 'blow' dese days.. Sum'n lyk de dapper windscreen cleaner and others.... Bro abeg swerve make I see road abeg
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
feran15:

Well there is no one to argue with at a supermarket
hahaha..... don't tell me you are as guilty as charged oooo.....hmmmm.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by nkemdi89(f): 3:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
feran15:

Well there is no one to argue with at a supermarket
Not one of my female boss, she bargains even in the supermarket, she can buy goods worth over a hundred thousand naira at the end of the bargain she still ask for additional discount and freebies.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by chidekings(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
Make una cool down, the rich man equally struggle for his own money.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
feran15:

supermarket prices aren't always high. things are actually cheaper at some big supermarket than at other places
you wonder why Aldi is is cheaper than Tesco, but we know which is bigger and it doesn't start with T
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by God2man(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
This is one of the best topic on naira land.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by feran15(m): 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
AdaNri1:
you wonder why Aldi is is cheaper than Tesco, but we know which is bigger and it doesn't start with T

lol what? i dont even know those places
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by bigiyaro(m): 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Dat is d way of world.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Myself2(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
Hope Jazz man Olofin led by example.Hope he woke the woman and blessed her ......

No be to just dey snap picture go dey form preacher for social media
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Iprofit: 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
laurel03:
80% rich peep are wicked they always see poor people like they offend God or not serious.. "Eleda mi ma lo mu codiene oo"
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by George2016(m): 5:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=holamiday post=46293405]It breaks my heart seeing traders like this & how customers bargain with them. You'd hear convos like:

Customer: Madam how much for 5?
Trader: Na six hundred o.
Customer: How much last?
Trader: Pay 500
Customer: No o. I go give you 200
Trader: Madam no be so, orange don cost. Na 400 i buy 5. E no gree 200 ma. Pay 450.
Customer: No o. Madam answer me i no get time.
*walks away*

Then when same customer gets to shoprite to buy same oranges
Customer: Hello, how much are these?
Rude Attendant: The label is there ma.
Customer: *Looks at label and sees '5 for 1500'*. Wow, it's alright. Give me 10. *Hands over 4000 to attendant and says 'keep the change'. undecided embarassed

That is why u will see them after the above ilostration getting sick with their family at all time. And will be spending that money at the hospital without solution.

Pls to all, always show little kindness irespective of how small it may look like to u but that little can save live and God will bless u in return.

This is the secret source of prosperity to those the practice it.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by BlackOnassis(m): 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
mmsen:
Or you could ensure that every woman learns about contraceptives so they don't end up in this position.

(I'm talking to all you religious people who are so against birth control, family planning and safe abortions).

First: You don't know how many kids she has.

Second: No sane woman would go childless and not pass on her genes just because she is poor.

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mmsen: 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
BlackOnassis:

First: You don't know how many kids she has.

Second: No sane woman would go childless and not pass on her genes just because she is poor.

Having a child is not a right, nor is passing on poverty which is what this woman is doing.

Being sane, entails being cognizant of your circumstances - which means making informed decisions. Have children if you can afford to take care of them well.

Raising a child is a privilege and until people in Nigeria come to realize that fact we will keep listening to people groan about the poverty that they have brought upon themselves and their unfortunate children.

1 Like

Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by BlackOnassis(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
persius555:
Everybody is pretending to be related to mother theresa. Bargaining is what everyone does. Even the woman bargained her price from the banana farmer. Lets not pretend to be saints here.
It is called survival #ihatehypocracy

I get your point. She bargained her price from the banana farmer in order to make a profit and SURVIVE. She did it for survival, but what is the rich banana buyer doing it for? Certainly not for survival.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by permanentgrace(m): 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Raph01:
and did I tell U anythang's wrong with it?? I tried 2 create an impression that Social Networks now make peepz 'blow' dese days.. Sum'n lyk de dapper windscreen cleaner and others.... Bro abeg swerve make I see road abeg

Lol. I got you bro. No hard feelings.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by adconline(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Naija mentality of dash.. Why do rich folks have to dash money to petty traders? It's called forces of demand and supply.. Rich people aren't to be blamed for her situation. She's a hard working woman, just like my mom who had to haggle and bargain with all her customers when she was a market woman..
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mikolo80: 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
The annoying thing is that rich folks will pay thousands of Naira for a small item in supper markets but will offer N50 for a bunch of banana from these women.
the woman should buy shares in super market
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mikolo80: 6:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
contactmorak:
Musician Jazzman Olofin shared this photo of a woman and her child who fell asleep by the roadside while selling fruits. He wrote: "Struggling mothers like this... Don't bargain with them, instead pay more. Show a little love, share a little hope. Survival is a tearful battle for most, especially with children. In God we trust... Happy Sunday!". Well said...

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/photo-when-you-see-struggling-mothers.html
so that I can be broke like her. you don't get rich by giving money away. cold I know but true. she needs the almighty to show her the way out of her predicament. we all do
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mikolo80: 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
BlackOnassis:

I get your point. She bargained her price from the banana farmer in order to make a profit and SURVIVE. She did it for survival, but what is the rich banana buyer doing it for? Certainly not for survival.
yeah he should just go about dashing his money to all poor women. then he too now broke. will they give him free mango or banana then. it's a hard knock life and she's still kicking so there is hope
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mikolo80: 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
mmsen:

Having a child is not a right, nor is passing on poverty which is what this woman is doing.

Being sane, entails being cognizant of your circumstances - which means making informed decisions. Have children if you can afford to take care of them well.

Raising a child is a privilege and until people in Nigeria come to realize that fact we will keep listening to people groan about the poverty that they have brought upon themselves and their unfortunate children.
what I used to say but she could have been rich before circumstances changed. still it's a dog eat dog world
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by gbagyiza: 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Icecomrade:

Let's stop complaining about rich people after all the number of poor and average people out numbers the rich.

Take responsibility, act more responsibly when you meet them and satisfy your own conscience with better works.

These women will be better off.

Dis life is full of mysteries.I hv come across many people that work hard,take responsibilities but yet d story is d same.its difficult 2 make it in Nigeria.opportunities to excel r minimum in Nigeria.government, private organizations n rich individuals failed 2 create d right atmosphere for poor Nigerians to excel.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ligxy:

You go stingy o. How much is 2k? Looking at her like that, can't you dash her 2k without buying anything from her? And of cos you know you just exaggerated.

Madam, I can give her 10k out of sympathy and empathy but whn it comes to trading, it's a different ball game. Go to Ikeja Mall, Palms, Leisure mall and co, there are women that beg and we give token to as little as we could. Even those windscreen cleaners are not left out.

When you try to be economical, you'll be called STINGY.
When you give cash out, you'll either be called an extravagant or a show-off!

#lol
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ruq:

You dey mind all these sympathy seeking peeps, na those whey whey price pass go full here.

No mind dem jare!
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Ligxy(f): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
sabama007:

Madam, I can give her 10k out of sympathy and empathy but whn it comes to trading, it's a different ball game. Go to Ikeja Mall, Palms, Leisure mall and co, there are women that beg and we give token to as little as we could. Even those windscreen cleaners are not left out.

When you try to be economical, you'll be called STINGY.
When you give cash out, you'll either be called an extravagant or a show-off!

#lol
Oga, you're saying a different thing entirely.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ligxy:
Oga, you're saying a different thing entirely.
Bottom line is: if I'm buying an item, I need to bargain well.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
feran15:

lol what? i dont even know those places
ok, pardon. They're supermarket chain in Britain. Aldi is cheaper than Tesco but Tesco is far far bigger
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by BlackOnassis(m): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
mmsen:

shocked shocked shocked Actually, it is. Unless you want to argue that our continued survival as a species is not a right.

Talking about making informed decisions; poverty is transient and millions of folks rise out of it in Africa and Asia. On the other hand, ending your genetic lineage is irreversible, at least for now. So you make a decision.
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by BlackOnassis(m): 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
mikolo80:
yeah he should just go about dashing his money to all poor women. then he too now broke. will they give him free mango or banana then. it's a hard knock life and she's still kicking so there is hope

That is a straw man argument. All i'm saying is that it wouldn't kill a comfortable/rich person to not haggle over price in certain situations. But we definitely do not want wealthy people to go broke; that doesn't help anybody. cheesy
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mikolo80: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
BlackOnassis:

That is a straw man argument. All i'm saying is that it wouldn't kill a comfortable/rich person to not haggle over price in certain situations. But we definitely do not want wealthy people to go broke; that doesn't help anybody. cheesy
no it doesn't cos each rich man that goes broke takes lots of jobs with him.
and haggling is what gets you rich in the first place.
not haggling gets you broke quick.
ask ppl who won lottery.
most broke withing 10 years thinking the money couldn't finish.
be wise with your money my friend, charity helps no one
Re: Pic: When You See Struggling Mums Like This, Don't Bargain With Them, Pay More by mmsen: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
BlackOnassis:

shocked shocked shocked Actually, it is. Unless you want to argue that our continued survival as a species is not a right.

Talking about making informed decisions; poverty is transient and millions of folks rise out of it in Africa and Asia. On the other hand, ending your genetic lineage is irreversible, at least for now. So you make a decision.

There are 7 billion people and rising.

If you wish to keep adding to that number then so be it but I do not want to hear such people crying about anything - be it global warming, desertification, urban sprawl, water scarcity, fuel scarcity, rolling blackouts, grain/rice/wheat shortages because all those things will be in your and your children's future(s).

It always seems as if the least intelligent, least capable human beings are the ones most eager to breed. Usually with no regard for the future, whether that be their own immediate welfare or that of their offspring.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Divorces Wife For Giving Birth To Too Many Children Like A ‘Rabbit’ / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / 17-Year-Old Son Impregnates His Younger Sister In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.