Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80835 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 1:21am On Nov 22, 2017
I am glad that you mentioned the instruction given to the 70 in Luke chapter 10. Jesus gave these 35 pairs instruction to kick off this preaching campaign in 32 CE. You will recall that the earlier instruction was to preach only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 10:6) which you can agree that you and I are not a part of. Regardless, he kept expanding the campaign and the opportunity for others to hear the preaching about his kingdom. In Matthew 10:11-12 “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household"
You can see that he gave a clear instruction to enter houses and meet with householders. Moreover, the opportunity was extended to people of the nations which opened the door for you and I, who are not part of the lost sheep of the physical Israel, to embrace the hope of everlasting life in the kingdom of God. Do you recall apostle Paul on his way to Damascus? Well, he was given a special assignment to people of the nation(you and me). Romans 11:13 Now I speak to you who are people of the nations. Seeing that I am an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry.
Now, how did Jesus inspire Paul to handle this assignment? He was a missionary to many congregations and he wrote some of the compelling books in the Bible under the inspiration of God, through Jesus Christ, our lord. We can see how he handled the preaching assignment in the book of Acts 5:42 "And every day in the temple and from house to house they(Paul and other Christians) continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus"
Acts 20:20 slaving for the Lord with all humility and with tears and trials that befell me by the plots of the Jews, 20 while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house"
The above scripture clearly shows us how the Christians in the first century handled the work of preaching the Good news about Christ and his father, Jehovah God.
So, are you going to tell me now that they were misguided or disobedient to Jesus' instruction?
Are you going to publicly oppose the Christians in the first century?
One thing you also have to understand is, some of the pillars of the church built on Jesus, the apostles who walked and lived with Jesus gave apostle Paul the right hand of fellowship and accepted him as a fellow apostle (Galatians 2:9).
Are you going to be the one who rejects his inspired method of preaching that Jesus appointed him for?
brocab:
Luke 10 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Seventy Sent Out
{10} After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also,[a] and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
{2} Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
{3} Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
{4} Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road.
{5} But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’
{6} And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you.
{7} And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages.
Do not go from house to house.
{8} Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you.
{9} And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 1:19am On Nov 23, 2017
Firstly if you were on the same track as the apostles were, you wouldn't come to preach another doctrine, do you agree?
{1 John 5:20} And you believe the Son of God has come, and He has given us insight" so that we may gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in Union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and everlasting. "Do you agree?
{Revelation 22:20} And the One who bears witness of these things says, "Yes. I am coming quickly."' Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."
And you do believe {1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh..
{Matthew 1:23} And they will name Him Immanuel. Which means when translated "With us is God.
You do agree this is the true gospel, and in every home this gospel should be preached throughout the world.
lovingJehovah:
I am glad that you mentioned the instruction given to the 70 in Luke chapter 10. Jesus gave these 35 pairs instruction to kick off this preaching campaign in 32 CE. You will recall that the earlier instruction was to preach only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 10:6) which you can agree that you and I are not a part of. Regardless, he kept expanding the campaign and the opportunity for others to hear the preaching about his kingdom. In Matthew 10:11-12 “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household"
You can see that he gave a clear instruction to enter houses and meet with householders. Moreover, the opportunity was extended to people of the nations which opened the door for you and I, who are not part of the lost sheep of the physical Israel, to embrace the hope of everlasting life in the kingdom of God. Do you recall apostle Paul on his way to Damascus? Well, he was given a special assignment to people of the nation(you and me). Romans 11:13 Now I speak to you who are people of the nations. Seeing that I am an apostle to the nations, I glorify my ministry.
Now, how did Jesus inspire Paul to handle this assignment? He was a missionary to many congregations and he wrote some of the compelling books in the Bible under the inspiration of God, through Jesus Christ, our lord. We can see how he handled the preaching assignment in the book of Acts 5:42 "And every day in the temple and from house to house they(Paul and other Christians) continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus"
Acts 20:20 slaving for the Lord with all humility and with tears and trials that befell me by the plots of the Jews, 20 while I did not hold back from telling you any of the things that were profitable nor from teaching you publicly and from house to house"
The above scripture clearly shows us how the Christians in the first century handled the work of preaching the Good news about Christ and his father, Jehovah God.
So, are you going to tell me now that they were misguided or disobedient to Jesus' instruction?
One thing you also have to understand is, some of the pillars of the church built on Jesus, the apostles who walked and lived with Jesus gave apostle Paul the right hand of fellowship and accepted him as a fellow apostle (Galatians 2:9).
Are you going to be the one who rejects his inspired method of preaching that Jesus appointed him for?

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2017
Did I bring another gospel to you other than what is found in the Bible? If you agree with your doctrine in your comment, then, why does it contrast with your earlier comment (doctrine)? I emboldened your recent comment and I will paste the earlier when you quoted Luke chapter 10 and the recent for your reference. Do not go from "house to house" + in every "home" this gospel should be preached throughout the world.
Let me ask you the same question that you need answer for, if you were on the same track as the apostles were, you wouldn't come to preach another doctrine, do you agree?
brocab:
Firstly if you were on the same track as the apostles were, you wouldn't come to preach another doctrine, do you agree?
{1 John 5:20} And you believe the Son of God has come, and He has given us insight" so that we may gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in Union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and everlasting. "Do you agree?
{Revelation 22:20} And the One who bears witness of these things says, "Yes. I am coming quickly."' Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."
And you do believe {1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh..
{Matthew 1:23} And they will name Him Immanuel. Which means when translated "With us is God.
You do agree this is the true gospel, and in every home this gospel should be preached throughout the world.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2017
Are you not a loveingJehovah, and is Jehovah the name used as a witness?
{1 John 4:1} Does not the Lord tell us to test every Spirit"
And the scriptures I had written to you, shouldn't offend you, at the least, it would have been quite simple to answer if you had agreed, instead you felt to return my question back to me, which of course you left me posted, without your answer.
Do I test the Spirit, do you agree with these verses, {1 John 5:20, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 1:23, and 1 Timothy 3:16}? Is Jesus the Almighty God?
I can write to you until the sun go's down, but with a name you prefer to use as your calling name, will surely raises a few issues.
lovingJehovah:
Did I bring another gospel to you other than what is found in the Bible? If you agree with your doctrine in your comment, then, why does it contrast with your earlier comment (doctrine)? I emboldened your recent comment and I will paste the earlier when you quoted Luke chapter 10 and the recent for your reference. Do not go from "house to house" + in every "home" this gospel should be preached throughout the world.
Let me ask you the same question that you need answer for, if you were on the same track as the apostles were, you wouldn't come to preach another doctrine, do you agree?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2017
Do you get scared by the name? Jehovah's name must be made known all over the earth.
1 John 4:1 and when you tested my spirit does it read negative or positive?
I do not agree that Jesus is the almighty God and Jesus himself did not agree to that. He is referred to as the son of God not God almighty.
{1 John 5:20, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 1:23, and 1 Timothy 3:16} None of these verses prove Jesus to be the almighty God. You may be using a spurious Bible translation or maybe you require some assistance in parsing the sentences used in those verses for e.g if you had read the book of Revelation properly you could have noticed verse 16 of that chapter before going to Revelation 22:20. Verse 16 could have guided you to the right sense regarding the point you think that you have.
1 John 5:20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.
You may well understand the emboldened above. If you have any doubt, get the Greek translation.
1 Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’
How does the above relate to proving your doctrine of Jesus being the almighty? It doesn't! You keep seeing a passive voice in the verse. He was made, he was declared, was preached about, was made manifest, was received etc. The question is, BY WHO? The almighty is not referred to in such terms. His name is "he causes to become" and that is Jehovah.
I accept that verse of the Bible but then it no way endorses Jesus as the almighty.
I am waiting for you to come up with John 1:1 because that is another threshold for trinitarians
brocab:
Are you not a loveingJehovah, and is Jehovah the name used as a witness?
{1 John 4:1} Does not the Lord tell us to test every Spirit"
And the gospel I had written to you, shouldn't offend you, at the least, are you fully agreeable, and you do come to me, in Jesus name, do you agree Jesus is the Almighty God?
{1 John 5:20, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 1:23, and 1 Timothy 3:16} these verses should not offend you..
I can write to you until the sun go's down, but with a name you prefer to use as your calling name, will surely raises a few issues.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 7:40am On Nov 24, 2017
Call it what you like-It doesn't really matter to me, how you see yourself negative or scary, anybody that comes in his own name and claims to know Christ, and doesn't provide the evidence, is worth testing the Spirit, it works everytime.
Of course I didn't expect you would understand anything I had written, Jesus could never suit your standards anyway, Jesus is the forgotten God, and He could never match up to the Almighty Mighty God, now could He? And yet these both candidates Jesus and God carry the same authorised positions.
{Deuteronomy 4:35, 10:17} You yourselves have been shown these things so you will know that Jehovah is the true God, there is no other besides him. and again {Hosea 13:4} Besides God their is no savior.
And In {Job 36:5, Psalms 24:8 Isaiah 10:21, 43:10-11,} before me, no God was formed, and after me there has been none, and again, I-I am Jehovah," and besides me there is no Savior}
{John 12:44-50, Isaiah 45:23} A righteous God and savior, there is none besides Me. Jesus doesn't even come close to a mention, not in the NWT bible anyway? But Jesus is the savour of this world.
Again {Isaiah 44:8} Jehovah is called the Rock. {1 Corinthians 10:4} and that Rock meant the Christ.
If Jesus isn't God, then what does this say, {John 17:1} FATHER THE HOUR HAS COME. GLORIFY YOUR SON SO THAT YOUR SON MAY GLORIFY YOU.
{Isaiah 42:8} I am the Lord, that is My name, My Glory I give to no other.. If Jesus isn't God Who can glorify themselves?
We all know the JW's don't believe in the trinity, but yet the NWT have other idea's about the trinity?
{2 Corinthians 13:14} "The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the sharing in the Holy Spirit be with all of you.
And I will like to add, {John 1:1} never received a mentioned, and if you knew your bible, as well as you think you do, the KJV for instants, you would know everything about Jesus, is God that became flesh and lived among the people.
{Matthew 1:23} Immanuel means God with us..
lovingJehovah:
Do you get scared by the name? Jehovah's name must be made known all over the earth.
1 John 4:1 and when you tested my spirit does it read negative or positive?
I do not agree that Jesus is the almighty God and Jesus himself did not agree to that. He is referred to as the son of God not God almighty.
{1 John 5:20, Revelation 22:20, Matthew 1:23, and 1 Timothy 3:16} None of these verses prove Jesus to be the almighty God. You may be using a spurious Bible translation or maybe you require some assistance in parsing the sentences used in those verses for e.g if you had read the book of Revelation properly you could have noticed verse 16 of that chapter before going to Revelation 22:20. Verse 16 could have guided you to the right sense regarding the point you think that you have.
1 John 5:20 But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight so that we may gain the knowledge of the one who is true. And we are in union with the one who is true, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.
You may well understand the emboldened above. If you have any doubt, get the Greek translation.
1 Timothy 3:16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’
How does the above relate to proving your doctrine of Jesus being the almighty? It doesn't! You keep seeing a passive voice in the verse. He was made, he was declared, was preached about, was made manifest, was received etc. The question is, BY WHO? The almighty is not referred to in such terms. His name is "he causes to become" and that is Jehovah.
I accept that verse of the Bible but then it no way endorses Jesus as the almighty.
I am waiting for you to come up with John 1:1 because that is another threshold for trinitarians
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 1:27am On Nov 26, 2017
One minute you are preaching to me, the next minute your telling me "what I am about to say? If you are looking for a good digestion, then at least give me enough time to prepare, and lets talk about the 70-Jesus had sent out to prepare the way in {Luke 9:1-10}
I am not seeking after which organisation want's to take all the credit, and I do read the scriptures to know Paul was the last apostle, if you are hear to judge me, I am not interested, but if you are here to learn, I am here to learn also, and it's important to understand the scriptures, and understanding what the 70 were about, they prepared the way for Jesus, it makes sense when we read about the Samaritan woman at the well, she heard about the Messiah coming, who is called the Christ {John 4:25}
We also read about the disciples rebuking a man on the road, he was casting out demons in Jesus's name {Mark 9:38-39} we could guess, was he one of the 70? And were the 70 part of the 120 disciples in Acts, they all received the Holy Spirit.
[1] When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
[2] He told them: "Take nothing for the journey -- no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic, Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town.
[3] If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them."
[4] So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.
[5] Now Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was going on. And he was perplexed, because some were saying that John had been raised from the dead, others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that one of the prophets of long ago had come back to life.
For the first time in Luke's Gospel, Jesus finally calls upon his disciples to do something.
Up until now they have been primarily observers and hearers. He has taught a hundred crowds in their hearing, imbedded in their minds his message and methods day after day, week after week, month after month until they know them by heart. Now it is time to send them out to learn how to "minister."
Some disciples never seem to get beyond hearing. They are "feeders but never farmers." "They come to church for a meal" not a mission.
The training of Jesus' disciples has now reached a crucial juncture. In verses {1-2} we see a kind of rhythm. Gathering and sending, gathering and sending.
"When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority ... and he sent them out.{Luke 9:1-2}
For now it is the Twelve Apostles, later he calls the Seventy {Luke 10:1-24} and sends them out the same way He sends out the 12.
But what about the crowds? When does he send them out? He doesn't.
They've come for a spiritual meal, while the disciples, the "learners," have come to learn a way of life, not everybody can preach the ways of Christ.
And not everyone are saved, Many are called, but few are chosen..
lovingJehovah:
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
I am very appreciative of the fact that you popularize the Jehovah's witnesses through your libelous comments. This is your statement about the Jehovah's witnesses after quoting a denigrating and blasphemous article from Eternal Word Television Network, "THEY COME TO US IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING PREACHING TO US ANOTHER DOCTRINE". May I ask, who is the "us" referred in this statement?
Jesus could never suit your standards anyway
Did you really mean to say the above? Are you judging me base on what authority? Are you Christ to say that?
{Deuteronomy 4:35, 10:17} You yourselves have been shown these things so you will know that Jehovah is the true God, there is no other besides him. and again {Hosea 13:4} Besides God their is no savior.
The colored above is your comment. Are you saying that Jehovah is Jesus, or? What really is your point? Did you read that Jesus was raised up by Jehovah or not?
Jehovah is called the Rock. That is right! But you failed to observe the article before that word, "THE" Rock. I am sure that you are well-acquainted with the significance of that article before the word.
If Jesus isn't God, then what does this say, {John 17:1} FATHER THE HOUR HAS COME. GLORIFY YOUR SON SO THAT YOUR SON MAY GLORIFY YOU.
The emboldened above is your comment. My question is, what is the meaning of "glorify"?
{2 Corinthians 13:14} "The undeserved kindness [b]of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the sharing in the Holy Spirit be with all of you. [/b]
Examine the emboldened above and tell me if function of the prepositions fits your doctrine. Can you tell Eternal Word Television Network that the colored above corroborate with 1 Timothy 2:5 and John 20:17?
brocab:
Call it what you like-It doesn't really matter to me, how you see yourself negative or scary, anybody that comes in his own name and claims to know Christ, and doesn't provide the evidence, is worth testing the Spirit, it works everytime.
Of course I didn't expect you would understand anything I had written, Jesus could never suit your standards anyway, Jesus is the forgotten God, and He could never match up to the Almighty Mighty God, now could He? And yet these both candidates Jesus and God carry the same authorised positions.
And In {Job 36:5, Psalms 24:8 Isaiah 10:21, 43:10-11,} before me, no God was formed, and after me there has been none, and again, I-I am Jehovah," and besides me there is no Savior}
{John 12:44-50, Isaiah 45:23} A righteous God and savior, there is none besides Me. Jesus doesn't even come close to a mention, not in the NWT bible anyway? But Jesus is the savour of this world.
Again {Isaiah 44:8} Jehovah is called the Rock. {1 Corinthians 10:4} and that Rock meant the Christ.
{Isaiah 42:8} I am the Lord, that is My name, My Glory I give to no other.. If Jesus isn't God Who can glorify themselves?
We all know the JW's don't believe in the trinity, but yet the NWT have other idea's about the trinity?
{2 Corinthians 13:14} "The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God and the sharing in the Holy Spirit be with all of you.
And I will like to add, {John 1:1} never received a mentioned, and if you knew your bible, as well as you think you do, the KJV for instants, you would know everything about Jesus, is God that became flesh and lived among the people.
{Matthew 1:23} Immanuel means God with us..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2017
There is no need to get contentional, bro. You may read my comment again. It has no iota of judgment to warrant your this sort of introduction. In any case, I have read your comment and I have some doubts.
understanding what the 70 were about, they prepared the way for Jesus
Your comment above is questionable. Can you provide biblical references to back it up?
was he one of the 70?
Evidently, he wasn't
And were the 70 part of the 120 disciples in Acts, they all received the Holy Spirit.
We cannot say for sure the names of the entire 120. Do you know some detail that we don't?
The training of Jesus' disciples has now reached a crucial juncture
When did it reach this crucial juncture? Can you provide biblical evidence to back this up?
But what about the crowds? When does he send them out? He doesn't. [/color]
They've come for a spiritual meal, while the disciples, the "learners," have come to learn a way of life, not everybody can preach the ways of Christ.

The above is shocking. Bro, how did you arrive at this? Can you support this statement with a biblical reference? In your words, there are three sets of people around Jesus, the apostles (the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority), the crowd (who come for a spiritual meal) and the disciples (the "learners," who come to learn a way of life), yes?

brocab:
One minute you are preaching to me, the next minute your telling me "what I am about to say? If you are looking for a good digestion, then at least give me enough time to prepare, and lets talk about the 70-Jesus had sent out to prepare the way in {Luke 9:1-10}
I am not seeking after which organisation want's to take all the credit, and I do read the scriptures to know Paul was the last apostle, if you are hear to judge me, I am not interested, but if you are here to learn, I am here to learn also, and it's important to understand the scriptures, and understanding what the 70 were about, they prepared the way for Jesus, it makes sense when we read about the Samaritan woman at the well, she heard about the Messiah coming, who is called the Christ {John 4:25}
We also read about the disciples rebuking a man on the road, he was casting out demons in Jesus's name {Mark 9:38-39} we could guess, was he one of the 70? And were the 70 part of the 120 disciples in Acts, they all received the Holy Spirit.
[1] When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
[2] He told them: "Take nothing for the journey -- no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic, Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town.
[3] If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them."
[4] So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.
[5] Now Herod the tetrarch heard about all that was going on. And he was perplexed, because some were saying that John had been raised from the dead, others that Elijah had appeared, and still others that one of the prophets of long ago had come back to life.
For the first time in Luke's Gospel, Jesus finally calls upon his disciples to do something.
Up until now they have been primarily observers and hearers. He has taught a hundred crowds in their hearing, imbedded in their minds his message and methods day after day, week after week, month after month until they know them by heart. Now it is time to send them out to learn how to "minister."
Some disciples never seem to get beyond hearing. They are "feeders but never farmers." "They come to church for a meal" not a mission.
The training of Jesus' disciples has now reached a crucial juncture. In verses {1-2} we see a kind of rhythm. Gathering and sending, gathering and sending.
"When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority ... and he sent them out.{Luke 9:1-2}
For now it is the Twelve Apostles, later he calls the Seventy {Luke 10:1-24} and sends them out the same way He sends out the 12.
But what about the crowds? When does he send them out? He doesn't.
And not everyone are saved, Many are called, but few are chosen..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Maybe if you had explained your tactic's when reaching out, maybe it wouldn't sound like this?
So, "are you" {Who is are you} going to tell me now that they were misguided or disobedient to Jesus' instruction?
"Are you" going to publicly oppose the Christians in the first century?
"Are you" going to be the one who rejects his inspired method of preaching that Jesus appointed him for?
[/quote]We could get straight to the point, at least when preferring to "Are you" try laying the cards out on the table, with less bible bashing..
{1} We may ask many questions concerning the bible, and I of course had come up with my own theories about the single man casting out demons, and the woman at the well, was she informed by the 70, the Messiah is coming, she believed in just a few words Jesus was the Messiah, without a second thought.
{2} Jesus gave the gift to caste out demons in His name to the 70 also to the 12, I don't believe the disciples knew the 70 by name, they rebuked this loner, and Jesus stood up for him, was he one of the 70? If this man isn't one of the 70, then who gave him the authority to do such miracles? It took some time for the disciples to learn the ropes, so how or where did this man receive such authority to caste out demons, and heal the sick, if he wasn't walking with Christ?
{Matthew 7:7-8} Ask and shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open, and for everyone that asked received and he that seeks finds, and to him that knocks it shall be open.
{1} So lets start with Paul and how did Paul be an apostle since he was NOT one of Jesus' original twelve disciples?
We could say:Paul can rightfully be called an apostle because he fulfilled the same three basic requirements the specially-selected twelve original disciples met.
After the death of Judas, the church (totaling about 120) met in Jerusalem to decide who among them would be uniquely qualified to replace him {Acts 1} Those to be considered for this awesome responsibility had to have been personally called by Christ, taught by him directly for several years, and seen him alive after his resurrection {Acts 1:17, 22, 25}. Paul was the perfect candidate..
Saul of Tarsus, whose name would later be changed to Paul, was initially a zealous persecutor of those who believed Christ was the Messiah {Acts 9} While traveling to Damascus in 33 A.D, three years after Jesus was resurrected, he was was miraculously confronted by the Lord and brought to repentance {verses 3 to 6} While he stayed in Damascus, a believer named Ananias received a vision that revealed why Paul was called and chosen to ultimately take on the responsibility of an apostle.
But the Lord said to him {Ananias}, "Go, for this man {Paul} is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel; For I will show him what great things he must suffer for My name" {Acts 9:15 -16}
After Paul was baptized in Damascus he began to powerful preach that Christ was the Son of God {Acts 9:20-22} Death threats from Jews living in the city, who rejected his message, drove him to flee to Arabia.
During his three years of exile in Arabia he was personally taught by Jesus {Acts 9:20-25, Galatians 1:11-12, 15-18} At this point in his life he fulfilled the same basic criteria the original disciples did in regard to being considered an apostle.
Biblical evidence exists that shows, and reaffirms, Paul's calling as an apostle. In {Acts 13} the church in Syrian Antioch is told by God to "separate both Barnabas and Saul to Me for the work to which I have called them" {Acts 13:2}
The church soon lays hands on the two men and sends them out to evangelize {verses 3-4} After this event Luke, the writer of the book of Acts, labels both men as apostles {Acts 14:14}
Paul himself, in many of his writings, asserts his right to be called an apostle {1 Corinthians 1:1, 2 Corinthians 11:5, Galatians 1:1, Colossians 1:1, 1 Timothy 1:1} Defending his unique calling to the churches in the Roman province of Galatia he writes the following.
Paul, an apostle, not sent from men nor made by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father {Galatians 1:12}
{Galatians 1:11} But I certify to you, brethren, that the gospel that was preached by me is not according to man, {12} Because neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it by man; rather, it was by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
{15} But when it pleased God, Who selected me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace.
Paul wasn't actually chosen by the apostles, the Holy Spirit led Paul to be the last apostle.
lovingJehovah:
There is no need to get contentional, bro. You may read my comment again. It has no iota of judgment to warrant your this sort of introduction. In any case, I have read your comment and I have some doubts.
Your comment above is questionable. Can you provide biblical references to back it up?
was he one of the 70?
Evidently, he wasn't
And were the 70 part of the 120 disciples in Acts, they all received the Holy Spirit.
We cannot say for sure the names of the entire 120. Do you know some detail that we don't?
When did it reach this crucial juncture? Can you provide biblical evidence to back this up?

The above is shocking. Bro, how did you arrive at this? Can you support this statement with a biblical reference? In your words, there are three sets of people around Jesus, the apostles (the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority), the crowd (who come for a spiritual meal) and the disciples (the "learners," who come to learn a way of life), yes?

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 4:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
lovingJehovah:
was he one of the 70?
Evidently, he wasn't

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 5:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
Question: "Who were the 70 (or 72) disciples in Luke 10?"
Answer: {Luke 10} is the only place where we find the account of Jesus sending a specific 70 (or 72) disciples to prepare the way before Him.
The discrepancies in the number (70 or 72) come from differences found in approximately half of the ancient scrolls used in translation.
The texts are nearly evenly divided between the numbers, and scholars do not agree on whether the number should be 70 or 72, although such a minor issue is no cause for debate.
Since the number 70 is repeated other places in Scripture {Exodus 24:1; Numbers 11:16; Jeremiah 29:10} it may be more likely that the actual number of disciples was 70, with the 2 being a copyist’s error. Whether there were 70 or 72 disciples sent out by Jesus is irrelevant.
What is important are the instructions Jesus gave them and the power that came upon them to perform miracles and cast out demons {Luke 10:17}
After appointing the 70 (or 72) disciples, Jesus spoke of the great need for evangelism
{Luke 10:1–2} He then commissioned the 70, giving them these instructions:
{1} Go {Luke 10:3} This is foundational. The 70 were to divide into pairs and visit all the places where Jesus was about to go.
{2} Be wary {Luke 10:3}The 70 were like lambs among wolves, surrounded by danger.
{3} Live by faith {Luke 10:4} The 70 were to carry no extra provisions.
They carried the message of Jesus and didn’t need to be burdened down with material things.
{4} Be focused {Luke 10:4} The 70 were to greet no one along the road and not allow themselves to be sidetracked from the more important mission of evangelism.
{5} Extend your blessing {Luke 10:5–6} Whoever housed the 70 were to be blessed, using the common greeting of the day, “Peace to this house.”
{6} Be content {Luke 10:7} The 70 were told not to seek better accommodations; they were to stay in the home that first received them.
{7} Receive your due {Luke 10:7} The laborer is worthy of his wages {1 Timothy 5:17–18} Doing evangelistic work is indeed work and is worthy of compensation.
{8} Be flexible {Luke 10:7–8} The 70 were to eat whatever their hosts served; as God’s servants, they were not to be finicky.
{9} Heal the sick {Luke 10:9} Jesus gave the 70 disciples specific authority to heal diseases and illness. It was as if the Great Physician had 70 interns making house calls. When the 70 returned to Jesus, they jubilantly recounted how they were able not only to heal diseases but to cast out demons as well {verse 17}
{10} Proclaim the kingdom {Luke 10:9} The message of the 70 disciples was simple: “The kingdom of God has come near to you.” This was a clear-cut call to faith in the King who would soon visit each village.
Jesus then told the 70 (or 72) disciples that they might expect rejection in some villages {Luke 10:10} and He told them how to respond: publicly wipe the dust of that town from their feet {Luke 10:11; cf. 9:5} proclaim the kingdom one more time, and warn them of coming judgment {Luke 10:12}
A similar commissioning had occurred with Jesus’ twelve apostles as the Lord sent them out to cure diseases and cast out demons
{Matthew 10:1–42; Luke 9:1–6} The main difference is that Jesus had told the Twelve that they were to preach in Galilee, avoiding Gentile areas and Samaria, but the 70 (or 72) were given no such restriction.
The identities of the 70 disciples are never given in Scripture, and the group is never mentioned again, even during the time of the early church in Acts. It seems their ministry was specific to preparing Jesus’ path to Jerusalem.
Various individuals have been suggested as possibly being part of the 70—the unnamed exorcist in {Luke 9:49} for example.
Two of them may have been Barsabbas (known as Justus) and Matthias {Acts 1:23} since they were chosen by the apostles as possible replacements for Judas {Acts 1:15–18} One of the requirements for apostleship was that the candidate had to “have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection” {Acts 1:21–22} We can also speculate that the 70 were part of the 120 gathered in the upper room on Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was first poured out {Acts 1:15}
Since God did not consider it important for us to know the names of the 70 (or 72) disciples He charged with the important task of preparing the way for Jesus, we don’t need to consider it important, either. What Jesus called attention to was not the power He gave them but the fact that their names were written in heaven {Luke 10:20} Similarly, while we may get excited about visible miracles and demonstrations of supernatural power, the greatest miracle of all is the fact that unworthy sinners can become righteous children of God
{Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; John 1:12} When our focus moves to ourselves and how God is using us, we are headed the wrong direction. It is a good reminder that, since their names are unimportant, ours are, too. It is the name of Jesus Christ alone who deserves all attention and glory
{1 Corinthians 1:28–29, Philippians 2:9–11} It is enough that our names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Well if you are interested in sharing your views about this subject, I am open for a good digestion...
lovingJehovah:
was he one of the 70?
Evidently, he wasn't

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
brocab:
Maybe if you had explained your tactic's when reaching out, maybe it wouldn't sound like this?
So, "are you" {Who is are you} going to tell me now that they were misguided or disobedient to Jesus' instruction?
"Are you" going to publicly oppose the Christians in the first century?
"Are you" going to be the one who rejects his inspired method of preaching that Jesus appointed him for?
We could get straight to the point, at least when preferring to "Are you" try laying the cards out on the table, with less bible bashing..

Ambiguous! But, from what I understand, you are probably referring to the question I asked you some days ago. What I implied by "are you" is YOU, BROCAB the correspondent that I am having this conversation with.

We may ask many questions concerning the bible, and I of course had come up with my own theories about the single man casting out demons, and the woman at the well, was she informed by the 70, the Messiah is coming, she believed in just a few words Jesus was the Messiah, without a second thought.

The woman was a Samaritan. Do you know who the Samaritans are? You should do a little research about the Samaritans, bro. The 70 didn't need to tell the woman anything about the Messiah because she was a Samaritan. Do some homework on that and you will see the proximity and the kind of relationship that existed between the Jews and the Samaritans.

Jesus gave the gift to caste out demons in His name to the 70 also to the 12, I don't believe the disciples knew the 70 by name, they rebuked this loner, and Jesus stood up for him, was he one of the 70? If this man isn't one of the 70, then who gave him the authority to do such miracles? It took some time for the disciples to learn the ropes, so how or where did this man receive such authority to caste out demons, and heal the sick, if he wasn't walking with Christ?

Bro, I asked a question earlier. Are you saying that there were 3 sets of people around Jesus at the time? You said the crowd, the apostles and the 70? Are the 70 also disciples or apostles?

{Matthew 7:7-8}[/color] Ask and shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and it will be open, and for everyone that asked received and he that seeks finds, and to him that knocks it shall be open.
So lets start with Paul and how did Paul be an apostle since he was NOT one of Jesus' original twelve disciples?
We could say:Paul can rightfully be called an apostle because he fulfilled the same three basic requirements the specially-selected twelve original disciples met.
After the death of Judas, the church (totaling about 120)[/color] met in Jerusalem to decide who among them would be uniquely qualified to replace him {Acts 1} Those to be considered for this awesome responsibility had to have been personally called by Christ, taught by him directly for several years, and seen him alive after his resurrection {Acts 1:17, 22, 25}. Paul was the perfect candidate..

Bro, do you know that you are preaching heresy on a public forum? Please, make sure of the message that you are spreading here. Kindly read Acts 1:23-26 and revert to us(the public who read your online teaching)

Saul of Tarsus, whose name would later be changed to Paul, was initially a zealous persecutor of those who believed Christ was the Messiah {Acts 9} While traveling to Damascus in 33 A.D,three years after Jesus was resurrected, he was was miraculously confronted by the Lord and brought to repentance {verses 3 to 6} While he stayed in Damascus, a believer named Ananias received a vision that revealed why Paul was called and chosen to ultimately take on the responsibility of an apostle.
But the Lord said to him {Ananias}, "Go, for this man {Paul} is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel; For I will show him what great things he must suffer for My name" {Acts 9:15 -16}
After Paul was baptized in Damascus he began to powerful preach that Christ was the Son of God {Acts 9:20-22}Death threats from Jews living in the city, who rejected his message, drove him to flee to Arabia.

During his three years of exile in Arabia he was personally taught by Jesus {Acts 9:20-25, Galatians 1:11-12, 15-18}[/color] At this point in his life he fulfilled the same basic criteria the original disciples did in regard to being considered an apostle.
Biblical evidence exists that shows, and reaffirms, Paul's calling as an apostle. In {Acts 13} the church in Syrian Antioch is told by God to "separate both Barnabas and Saul to Me for the work to which I have called them" {Acts 13:2}
The church soon lays hands on the two men and sends them out to evangelize {verses 3-4} After this event Luke, the writer of the book of Acts, labels both men as apostles {Acts 14:14}
Paul himself, in many of his writings, asserts his right to be called an apostle {1 Corinthians 1:1, 2 Corinthians 11:5, Galatians 1:1, Colossians 1:1, 1 Timothy 1:1} Defending his unique calling to the churches in the Roman province of Galatia he writes the following. Paul, an apostle, not sent from men nor made by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father {Galatians 1:12}
{Galatians 1:11} But I certify to you, brethren, that the gospel that was preached by me is not according to man, {12} Because neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it by man; rather, it was by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
But when it pleased God, Who selected me from my mother's womb, and called me by His grace.
Paul wasn't actually chosen by the apostles, the Holy Spirit led Paul to be the last apostle.

Do you call this teaching? You could have simply cited the Bible chapter for me to read. Kindly answer my questions above, please. My previous questions are still pending
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2017
It will be even better if you used your own page, instead of using mine..you do realise this forum travels, and we are all learning the scriptures, no-one knows for sure, who was the last apostle, you wanting to be direct isn't working, the scriptures tells the story, casting lots, or maybe spinning the bottle, worked in the eye's of man, but the disciples prayed and asked the Lord for the final decision, I still say Paul was a good candidate, but it wasn't my choice, it belonged to God to decide.. But where did Matthias go, he and the other apostles, no-one talks about them, but Paul in the other hand stood out like there is no tomorrow..
Question: "Was Matthias or Paul God's choice to replace Judas as the 12th apostle?"
Answer: With Judas having betrayed Christ and then committing suicide, the 11 remaining disciples decided to replace Judas with a new 12th apostle {Acts 1:16-20} The requirements were that the man had to have been with them the entire time of Jesus’ ministry, and to have been a witness of the resurrection and ascension {Acts 1:21-22} The 11 disciples proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (possibly the same person as Barnabas), and Matthias {Acts 1:23} The 11 disciples then prayed for the Lord’s direction {Acts 1:24-25} and then cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias {Acts 1:26}
But, was this the Lord’s choice? Some propose that Paul, not Matthias, was God’s choice for the 12th apostle.
They argue that Jesus had told the apostles to wait for the coming of the Holy Spirit {Acts 1:8}and that casting lots is not how the disciples should have made the decision.
They also point out that Matthias is never again mentioned in the New Testament, while Paul obviously became very prominent in the early Christian church. So, are they correct that Paul, not Matthias, was God’s choice to be Judas’ replacement as the 12th apostle?
The New Testament nowhere condones or condemns the way the apostles made the decision in {Acts 1} Casting lots was a bionically allowed method of making a decision {Proverbs 16:33} And, while Matthias is never again mentioned in the New Testament, the same can be said for most of the other 11 apostles.
Church history records that Matthias died as a martyr for Christ, as did all of the other apostles, except John.
Yes, Paul was definitely more prominent than Matthias, but Paul was more prominent than any of the 12 apostles, except for perhaps Peter and John. Also, Paul would not have been qualified based on the apostles’ criteria {Acts 1:21-22} So, a conclusive biblical case cannot be made for the 11 apostles’ choice of Matthias being invalid.
Further, God is sovereign. If it was not His sovereign will for Matthias to be chosen, Matthias would not have been chosen. It could be argued that, while it was God’s sovereign will (what He ordained) for Matthias to be chosen, it was God’s perfect will (what He desired) for the apostles to wait for Paul. But, this would be pure speculation, as, again, the Bible nowhere condemns Matthias being chosen for the 12th apostle.
{1 Corinthians 15:9} for I am least of the apostles, and do not even be deserved to be called an a apostle, because I persecuted the Church, but by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without affect, No I worked harder then all of them, yet not I-but the grace of God that was with me.
You say Matthias, I suppose without bible evidence, who's to know?
[quote author=lovingJehovah post=62735957][/quote]
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 7:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
I still say Paul was a good candidate, but it wasn't my choice
Bro, are you intending to re-elect the apostles of the first century??
But where did Matthias go, he and the other apostles, no-one talks about them, but Paul in the other hand stood out like there is no tomorrow
The above comment is not a fruit of a true Christian. God selected Matthias and you are categorizing them? This thought of your is what brought dissension in Luke 9:46, do you know?
Was Matthias or Paul God's choice to replace Judas as the 12th apostle?
Good question! But you gave an utterly wrong answer, though that can be better.
When was Paul called to be an apostle and when was Matthias appointed as an apostle? Do you know the difference between those two dates? Sometime during the ten days between Jesus’ ascension and the day of Pentecost it was viewed as necessary that another be selected to fill the vacancy left by Judas and that was in 33 CE. Paul was never called to replace Judas. He was converted probably about the year 34 C.E after the death of Jesus. He never walked with Jesus and never knew him to fill in the requirement of a replacement. According to him, he was called to a special assignment. As we had discussed earlier, Jesus gave the 12 a directive to go only to the lost sheep of Israel, yeah? But, Paul clearly states that he was given apostleship for people of the nations (Romans 11:13).
Yes, Paul was definitely more prominent than Matthias, but Paul was more prominent than any of the 12 apostles, except for perhaps Peter and John.
I am shocked. Prominent in what sense? What really are you driving at? Does prominence mean righteousness to you?

brocab:
It will be even better if you used your own page, instead of using mine..you do realise this forum travels, and we are all learning the scriptures, no-one knows for sure, who was the last apostle, you wanting to be direct isn't working, the scriptures tells the story, casting lots, or maybe spinning the bottle, worked in the eye's of man, but the disciples prayed and asked the Lord for the final decision, I still say Paul was a good candidate, but it wasn't my choice, it belonged to God to decide.. But where did Matthias go, he and the other apostles, no-one talks about them, but Paul in the other hand stood out like there is no tomorrow..
Question: "Was Matthias or Paul God's choice to replace Judas as the 12th apostle?"
Answer: With Judas having betrayed Christ and then committing suicide, the 11 remaining disciples decided to replace Judas with a new 12th apostle {Acts 1:16-20} The requirements were that the man had to have been with them the entire time of Jesus’ ministry, and to have been a witness of the resurrection and ascension {Acts 1:21-22} The 11 disciples proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (possibly the same person as Barnabas), and Matthias {Acts 1:23} The 11 disciples then prayed for the Lord’s direction {Acts 1:24-25} and then cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias {Acts 1:26}
But, was this the Lord’s choice? Some propose that Paul, not Matthias, was God’s choice for the 12th apostle.
They argue that Jesus had told the apostles to wait for the coming of the Holy Spirit {Acts 1:8}and that casting lots is not how the disciples should have made the decision.
They also point out that Matthias is never again mentioned in the New Testament, while Paul obviously became very prominent in the early Christian church. So, are they correct that Paul, not Matthias, was God’s choice to be Judas’ replacement as the 12th apostle?
The New Testament nowhere condones or condemns the way the apostles made the decision in {Acts 1} Casting lots was a bionically allowed method of making a decision {Proverbs 16:33} And, while Matthias is never again mentioned in the New Testament, the same can be said for most of the other 11 apostles.
Church history records that Matthias died as a martyr for Christ, as did all of the other apostles, except John.
Yes, Paul was definitely more prominent than Matthias, but Paul was more prominent than any of the 12 apostles, except for perhaps Peter and John. Also, Paul would not have been qualified based on the apostles’ criteria {Acts 1:21-22} So, a conclusive biblical case cannot be made for the 11 apostles’ choice of Matthias being invalid.
Further, God is sovereign. If it was not His sovereign will for Matthias to be chosen, Matthias would not have been chosen. It could be argued that, while it was God’s sovereign will (what He ordained) for Matthias to be chosen, it was God’s perfect will (what He desired) for the apostles to wait for Paul. But, this would be pure speculation, as, again, the Bible nowhere condemns Matthias being chosen for the 12th apostle.
{1 Corinthians 15:9} for I am least of the apostles, and do not even be deserved to be called an a apostle, because I persecuted the Church, but by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without affect, No I worked harder then all of them, yet not I-but the grace of God that was with me.
You say Matthias, I suppose without bible evidence, who's to know?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 1:37am On Nov 27, 2017
You haven't the slightest idea, where this is leading too, the JW's never fully agreed on anything, you can believe as much as you like, if you feel my pages don't support your needs, then turn away from my page, all at least study up the scriptures, instead of standing high and mighty, just looking at one verse and being picky on the others doesn't stop there, "how can one ever finish the race if you can't see the bible in front of you, the flesh is blind, but the Spirit gives light.
You only see this, the disciples cast lots for Matthias, but you can't see this, the Spirit made the final decision.
The Apostle Paul: Paul constitutes a unique case. As far as we know, he never laid eyes on Jesus until his epiphany on the road to Damascus and was, in any case, an unbeliever until that moment. However, it is clear from his description of this event that he did, in fact, see Jesus with his own eyes: And having fallen to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" Then He said, "I am Jesus whom you are persecuting". {Acts 9:4-5, Acts 22:6-11; 26:14-18}
Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? {1 Corinthians 9:1}
And last of all, as if to one who had been aborted rather than properly born, [Jesus] appeared also to me.
{1 Corinthians 15:8}
Further, scripture is in any case very clear about the fact that Paul was an apostle in the same sense as Peter and the others, having been appointed such by our Lord Himself {Gal.3:1; 2:8 Rom.1:5, 1 Cor.1:17}
Then the Lord said to him, "Go. For he is My vessel, chosen to carry My Name before nations, and kings, and the sons of Israel."
{Acts 9:15}
Question: You talk about the "12" apostles/disciples - there were actually, 13, even discounting Judas Iscariot; Paul would make twelve, and Matthias, {Acts 1} being the thirteenth.
Response: On the issue of the "13" disciples, it is true that Peter and company "elected" Matthias to replace Judas, but not everything recorded in the Bible that individuals do is to be taken as ordained of God (obviously-consider King Saul et al.).
Peter made his share of mistakes ("don't wash my feet", "wash my whole body", etc. etc.).
Every place in scripture where God makes clear His own feelings about the apostles, there are 12 {as in the 12 gates of Revelation 21:14} Whose names are on the gates?
If we are to imagine that one of them will have the name "Matthias", then who will be left out (certainly not Paul, the last but also the greatest of the apostles)?
Remember that the election of Matthias was held before Pentecost, after which Peter (and his fellows) are suddenly much more effective for God (as one would expect with the coming of the Holy Spirit).
Notice too that to "elect" Matthias, they turn to the Old Testament device of casting lots, something Jesus never did and something that is never authorized in the New Testament (or practiced elsewhere ever again).
Notice that God did not communicate to Peter the need to get a new number 12 (although Peter did receive direct revelation when it was time to bring the gospel to the gentiles) and notice that when God decided to choose number 12, our Lord Jesus Christ Himself appeared to Paul in a very miraculous way that left no doubt as to God's call, God's "election" of Paul as number 12.
Through Him [Jesus Christ] we have received grace and apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for His name.
NKJV {Romans 1:5}
Matthias was no doubt a fine believer, but he was no apostle - except in the eyes of men (and erroneously so)
Perhaps it would be more helpful to say about the apostles that "God never had more than 12". Finally, in the Greek text of {Acts 1:26}
This is also evident from the very next chapter at {Acts 2:14} where, in spite of Matthias' "election", Luke mentions "the eleven" instead "the twelve"–not until the calling of Paul, the genuine twelfth apostle, was the full complement again reached.

lovingJehovah:
I still say Paul was a good candidate, but it wasn't my choice
Bro, are you intending to re-elect the apostles of the first century??
But where did Matthias go, he and the other apostles, no-one talks about them, but Paul in the other hand stood out like there is no tomorrow
The above comment is not a fruit of a true Christian. God selected Matthias and you are categorizing them? This thought of your is what brought dissension in Luke 9:46, do you know?
Was Matthias or Paul God's choice to replace Judas as the 12th apostle?
Good question! But you gave an utterly wrong answer, though that can be better.
When was Paul called to be an apostle and when was Matthias appointed as an apostle? Do you know the difference between those two dates? Sometime during the ten days between Jesus’ ascension and the day of Pentecost it was viewed as necessary that another be selected to fill the vacancy left by Judas and that was in 33 CE. Paul was never called to replace Judas. He was converted probably about the year 34 C.E after the death of Jesus. He never walked with Jesus and never knew him to fill in the requirement of a replacement. According to him, he was called to a special assignment. As we had discussed earlier, Jesus gave the 12 a directive to go only to the lost sheep of Israel, yeah? But, Paul clearly states that he was given apostleship for people of the nations (Romans 11:13).
Yes, Paul was definitely more prominent than Matthias, but Paul was more prominent than any of the 12 apostles, except for perhaps Peter and John.
I am shocked. Prominent in what sense? What really are you driving at? Does prominence mean righteousness to you?

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Have you JW's ever wondered why none of you ever try and finished a race, your doctrine is fiction, if your scholars really knew the scriptures, if they knew the Spirit, the Lord's commandments, love your God with all your heart soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourselves. will be planted in your hearts that strong, no-cult could break up marriages nor families but bring God's people in lineament with the Word of God.
But that won't happen..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by achorladey: 12:12am On Nov 28, 2017
brocab:
Have you JW's ever wondered why none of you ever try and finished a race, your doctrine is fiction, if your scholars really knew the scriptures, if they knew the Spirit, the Lord's commandments, love your God with all your heart soul and mind, and love your neighbour as yourselves. will be planted in your hearts that strong, no-cult could break up marriages nor families but bring God's people in lineament with the Word of God.
But that won't happen..
the keywords here "is that strong"
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 3:27am On Nov 28, 2017
What race are you talking about?
Are you saying that you love God and your neigbours as yourself? Can you refer to yourself as a cultist as you call the Jehovah's witnesses? Regarding Luke 6:31, would you accept the same insults that you dish out to the JW?
It is difficult to read and understand your write-up and JW are trained to elucidate with poise. Out of love, we go from door to door teaching sincere-hearted ones. Only love could motivate millions to close their businesses, retire from active work or choose a low-paying career for the sake of spending more time discussing the Bible with people. It is our job to tell about Jehovah and his kingdom because Jesus gave us that command in Matthew 24:14.
Are you doing that? Take away the internet, have you ever visited a stranger to preach to him? Jehovah's witnesses go as far as the jungle in the amazon to teach the word of God. What sacrifice have you really done to prove your love apart from judging the JW on Nairaland?
brocab:
But that won't happen..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 4:09am On Nov 28, 2017
brocab:
You haven't the slightest idea, where this is leading too, the JW's never fully agreed on anything,

You must make a sense and present your point accordingly for someone to agree with you. So far, you have not presented anything worthy of understanding. How can I agree with a heretic purport that has no actual link to the message in the Bible?

brocab:
you can believe as much as you like, if you feel my pages don't support your needs, then turn away from my page, all at least study up the scriptures, instead of standing high and mighty, just looking at one verse and being picky on the others doesn't stop there, "how can one ever finish the race if you can't see the bible in front of you, the flesh is blind, but the Spirit gives light.

You should be able to make a lucid statement and not contradicting yourself. This is a public forum and you can be called out to answer what you put out here. You are just quoting the whole scriptures; some are not related to the point that you try to make and you are not making an effort to explain your points. You are equivocating and that is the point. I have to cut out some extras below to be able to follow up.

brocab:
Question: You talk about the "12" apostles/disciples - there were actually, 13, even discounting Judas Iscariot; Paul would make twelve, and Matthias, {Acts 1} being the thirteenth.
Response: On the issue of the "13" disciples, it is true that Peter and company "elected" Matthias to replace Judas, but not everything recorded in the Bible that individuals do is to be taken as ordained of God

Ludicrous! Bro, you are a receptacle of insinuation. Are you sure that you read before posting stuff online? How could you say that the election of Matthias is not ordained by God? So, if they had elected Paul, it would have been ordained by God, yeah? Shallow but insidious thought. Your thought is toxic. No Christian should pay heed to such thought. We were warned against your type in Colossians 2:8 Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

brocab:
Matthias was no doubt a fine believer, but he was no apostle - except in the eyes of men (and erroneously so)

What offshoot of Christianity do you represent? I do not think other Christians on Nairaland will agree with you. You are indeed a dangerous weed that Jesus referred to in his illustration.
No one should take you seriously. You keep entangling your own self with piles of heresy. In your earliest comment above you said I shouldn't stand high and mighty but descend to this gruesome stench of dog mess? Bro, grab a Bible and get someone to help you understand it. Pray for God's holy spirit to guide you.

brocab:
Perhaps it would be more helpful to say about the apostles that "God never had more than 12". Finally, in the Greek text of {Acts 1:26}
This is also evident from the very next chapter at {Acts 2:14} where, in spite of Matthias' "election", Luke mentions "the eleven" instead "the twelve"–not until the calling of Paul, the genuine twelfth apostle, was the full complement again reached.

Do you have a beef with Matthias? Seriously, can you read what you typed above? Are you a Christian? You called the Jehovah's witnesses false, but judge your standing above by yourself. Bro, honestly I am surprised at you. Your knowledge of the Bible is a missile of 'new-clear' paganism. Get some help!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 5:25am On Nov 28, 2017
Finely the dead had risen? Are you confused, you haven't a clue about this forum, and why we are here-this forum is about learning-it isn't about abuse-love your neighbour, try to open up your heart, and seek the Kingdom of God.
And besides if I have said something against you, I repent-forgive me, but if I haven't, then let your troubles return to you..
And besides if you are looking for favour from other Christians on this forum-then change from the cult you have chosen to believe in, and become a Christian..
lovingJehovah:

You must make a sense and present your point accordingly for someone to agree with you. So far, you have not presented anything worthy of understanding. How can I agree with a heretic purport that has no actual link to the message in the Bible?

You should be able to make a lucid statement and not contradicting yourself. This is a public forum and you can be called out to answer what you put out here. You are just quoting the whole scriptures; some are not related to the point that you try to make and you are not making an effort to explain your points. You are equivocating and that is the point. I have to cut out some extras below to be able to follow up.

Ludicrous! Bro, you are a receptacle of insinuation. Are you sure that you read before posting stuff online? How could you say that the election of Matthias is not ordained by God? So, if they had elected Paul, it would have been ordained by God, yeah? Shallow but insidious thought. Your thought is toxic. No Christian should pay heed to such thought. We were warned against your type in Colossians 2:8 Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.

What offshoot of Christianity do you represent? I do not think other Christians on Nairaland will agree with you. You are indeed a dangerous weed that Jesus referred to in his illustration.
No one should take you seriously. You keep entangling your own self with piles of heresy. In your earliest comment above you said I shouldn't stand high and mighty but descend to this gruesome stench of dog mess? Bro, grab a Bible and get someone to help you understand it. Pray for God's holy spirit to guide you.

Do you have a beef with Matthias? Seriously, can you read what you typed above? Are you a Christian? You called the Jehovah's witnesses false, but judge your standing above by yourself. Bro, honestly I am surprised at you. Your knowledge of the Bible is a missile of 'new-clear' paganism. Get some help!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2017
Well I have got your attention-and allow me to say, if there's anybody out there who are confused about becoming a Jehovah witness, please read and learn more about the NWT Bible, and ask yourselves this Question: "I am a Jehovah's Witness. Why should I consider becoming a Christain?"
Answer: Perhaps the most important commonality between Evangelical Christians and Jehovah’s Witnesses is our belief and trust in the Bible as the ultimate authority inspired by God, on issues concerning God and His expectations for us. While we may understand things differently, Jehovah’s Witnesses are to be highly commended for their dependence on and diligence in studying the Holy Scriptures to know God and His will. Like the Bereans, we would be wise to examine all things in life, in light of the Scriptures.
To that end, we shall examine verses of the New World Translation (the version of the Bible published by their Watchtower Society) to clear up some common misunderstandings.
A Rose by Any Other Name…
Christians get their name from being followers and worshipers of Jesus Christ, first called “Christians” in Antioch during Paul’s ministry
{Acts 11:26} Paul repeatedly made it clear that to be a Christian was to be a witness to men concerning the person of Christ, to be a witness to the words and works of Christ.
Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the other hand, believe that we are to focus our worship exclusively on God the Father (who is referred to in some Bible translations as “Jehovah”). The name Jehovah, however, was a hybrid name created by Christians by adding vowels to the tetragrammaton YHWH, which was the original rendering of we now know as Yahweh.
Evangelical Christians understand Jesus to be God in all His fullness, equal in deity but different in function from God the Father. Christians acknowledge that one of the historic names for God the Father is Jehovah; however, there are many other names and titles that the Scriptures use in reference to God the Father.
Jehovah’s Witnesses understand Jesus to be Michael the Archangel, {So of course they preach another Jesus} and categorically deny His deity. As we shall see, if we understand Jesus to be anything other than God, many verses present obvious contradictions. However, we know that God’s Word is inerrant and does not contradict itself.
Therefore, we must understand the truth of God’s Word in a way that is consistent and faithful to His revelation.
You will notice that these same verses lack any contradiction if we understand Jesus to be God the Son—the fullness of God in bodily form—who surrendered His rights to be the suffering servant and sacrifice for our sin.

(All verses are quoted directly from the Jehovah’s Witnesses New World Translation.) God's Glory.
(Verses regarding God the Father)
{Isaiah 42:8}“I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.”
{Isaiah 48:11} “…And to no one else, shall I give my own glory.” "Not even Jesus?
(Verses regarding Jesus)
{John 8:54}“…It is my Father that glorifies me, he who you say is YOUR God”
{John 16:14} “That one will glorify me…”
{John 17:1} “…Father, the hour has come; glorify your son…”
{John 17:5} “So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”
{Philippians 2:10} “so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground”
{Hebrews 5:5} “So too the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but [was glorified by him] who spoke with reference to him; ‘You are my son; I, today, I have become your father.”
The Savior
(About the Father)
{Isaiah 43:3} “For I am Jehovah your God, the Holy One of Israel your Savior.”
{Isaiah 43:11} “I am Jehovah and besides me there is no savior.”
{Isaiah 45:21} “Is it not I, Jehovah besides whom there is no other God; a righteous God and a Savior, there being none excepting me?”
(About Jesus)
{Luke 2:11} “because there was born to you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord…”
{Acts 13:23} “From the offspring of this [man] according to his promise God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus.”
{Titus 1:4} “…May there be undeserved kindness and peace from God [the] Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.”
{Whose name are we to have faith in? (said about Jesus or by Jesus)
{John 14:12} “Most truly I say to YOU, He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do…”
{Acts 4:12} “Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
{Acts 26:18} “…and inheritance among those sanctified by [their] faith in me.”
{Revelation 2:13} “I know where you are dwelling, that is where the throne of Satan is, and yet you keep on holding fast my name, and you did not deny your faith in me…”
{John 20:28} “In answer Thomas said to him: My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me have you believed?
{John 20:31} “ But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing YOU may have life by means of his name.”
{Acts 2:38}“Peter [said] to them: ‘Repent, and let each one of YOU be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ...”
{1 John 3:23} “Indeed, this is his commandment, that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ…”
Created or Creator?

Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that Jehovah created Jesus as an angel, and that Jesus then created all other things. What do the scriptures say?
(About the Father)
{Isaiah 66:2} “Now all these things my own hand has made, so that all these came to be.”
{Isaiah 44:24}“…I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens, by myself…”
(About Jesus)
{John 1:3} “All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.” If all things came into existence through Jesus, He could not have been created because He is included in the “all things.”
Status, Names and Titles of Jesus and Jehovah
{Isaiah 9:6} “For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us, and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”
{Revelation 1:8} “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”
{Revelation 1:17-18} “…I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys to death and of Hades.”
{Revelation 2:8} “…These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last, who became dead, and came to life [again]”{Revelation 22:12-16} “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end…I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star.”
{Revelation 21:6-7}“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.”
If Jehovah is the Alpha and Omega (the first and last Greek letters), then the “first and the last” must refer to Jehovah, so the Witnesses claim. But when did Jehovah become dead? The only “first and last” who died and lived again is Jesus.
{Hebrews 1:13} “But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said ‘Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet”?
Truth and Unity
Jesus’ substitutionary atonement was accepted for one reason: God accepts only His own righteousness. The righteousness of a man or an angel is insufficient to hold up to the holy and perfect standard of God’s righteous law. Jesus was the only suitable sacrifice because He was the righteousness of God, and as God’s law required shed blood, Jesus took on flesh so that He might be a ransom for all who believe in His name.
Notice that if we understand Jesus to be God incarnate, then all the above verses can be understood to be true and mutually consistent in their claims. They can also be understood clearly with plain reason, taken at face value. However, if we attempt to suggest that Jesus is something less than God—Michael the archangel—then these verses are mutually exclusive and cannot both be true, when taken in their natural context.
Therefore, the truth of God’s Word necessitates that we must come to another understanding in which all Scripture is unified, interconnected, interdependent, inerrant and true. That unifying truth can be found only in the person and deity of Jesus Christ. May we see the truth revealed in Scripture as it is, not as we would each have it to be, and may God receive all the glory.
lovingJehovah:
What race are you talking about?
Are you saying that you love God and your neigbours as yourself? Can you refer to yourself as a cultist as you call the Jehovah's witnesses? Regarding Luke 6:31, would you accept the same insults that you dish out to the JW?
It is difficult to read and understand your write-up and JW are trained to elucidate with poise. Out of love, we go from door to door teaching sincere-hearted ones. Only love could motivate millions to close their businesses, retire from active work or choose a low-paying career for the sake of spending more time discussing the Bible with people. It is our job to tell about Jehovah and his kingdom because Jesus gave us that command in Matthew 24:14.
Are you doing that? Take away the internet, have you ever visited a stranger to preach to him? Jehovah's witnesses go as far as the jungle in the amazon to teach the word of God. What sacrifice have you really done to prove your love apart from judging the JW on Nairaland?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 11:12am On Nov 28, 2017
Bro, you said nothing against me, but against God. You preach love yet you are calling the Jehovah's witness a cult. Is that how you show love? I just cannot catch you on your tail because you keep slipping out the whole time. I would want your points presented in an uncomplicated manner so that we can decide the trajectory of our conversation. If this forum is about learning, why have you not been able to answer any of my questions so far?
brocab:
Finely the dead had risen? Are you confused, you haven't a clue about this forum, and why we are here-this forum is about learning-it isn't about abuse-love your neighbour, try to open up your heart, and seek the Kingdom of God.
And besides if I have said something against you, I repent-forgive me, but if I haven't, then let your troubles return to you..
And besides if you are looking for favour from other Christians on this forum-then change from the cult you have chosen to believe in, and become a Christian..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
brocab:
Well I have got your attention-and allow me to say, if there's anybody out there who are confused about becoming a Jehovah witness, please read and learn more about the NWT Bible, and ask yourselves this Question: "I am a Jehovah's Witness. Why should I consider becoming a Christain?"
Answer: Perhaps the most important commonality between Evangelical Christians and Jehovah’s Witnesses is our belief and trust in the Bible as the ultimate authority inspired by God, on issues concerning God and His expectations for us. While we may understand things differently, Jehovah’s Witnesses are to be highly commended for their dependence on and diligence in studying the Holy Scriptures to know God and His will. Like the Bereans, we would be wise to examine all things in life, in light of the Scriptures.
To that end, we shall examine verses of the New World Translation (the version of the Bible published by their Watchtower Society) to clear up some common misunderstandings.
A Rose by Any Other Name…
Christians get their name from being followers and worshipers of Jesus Christ, first called “Christians” in Antioch during Paul’s ministry
{Acts 11:26} Paul repeatedly made it clear that to be a Christian was to be a witness to men concerning the person of Christ, to be a witness to the words and works of Christ.
Jehovah’s Witnesses, on the other hand, believe that we are to focus our worship exclusively on God the Father (who is referred to in some Bible translations as “Jehovah”). The name Jehovah, however, was a hybrid name created by Christians by adding vowels to the tetragrammaton YHWH, which was the original rendering of we now know as Yahweh.

Very good! What Bible translation do you use or would you recommend?

brocab:
Evangelical Christians understand Jesus to be God in all His fullness, equal in deity but different in function from God the Father. Christians acknowledge that one of the historic names for God the Father is Jehovah; however, there are many other names and titles that the Scriptures use in reference to God the Father.
Jehovah’s Witnesses understand Jesus to be Michael the Archangel, {So of course they preach another Jesus} and categorically deny His deity. As we shall see, if we understand Jesus to be anything other than God, many verses present obvious contradictions. However, we know that God’s Word is inerrant and does not contradict itself.
Therefore, we must understand the truth of God’s Word in a way that is consistent and faithful to His revelation.
You will notice that these same verses lack any contradiction if we understand Jesus to be God the Son—the fullness of God in bodily form—who surrendered His rights to be the suffering servant and sacrifice for our sin.

(All verses are quoted directly from the Jehovah’s Witnesses New World Translation.) God's Glory.
{Isaiah 42:8}“I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.”
{Isaiah 48:11} “…And to no one else, shall I give my own glory.” "Not even Jesus?
(Verses regarding Jesus)
{John 17:5} “So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”
{Philippians 2:10} “so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground”
{Hebrews 5:5} “So too the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but [was glorified by him] who spoke with reference to him; ‘You are my son; I, today, I have become your father.”
The Savior
(About the Father)
{Isaiah 45:21} “Is it not I, Jehovah besides whom there is no other God; a righteous God and a Savior, there being none excepting me?”
(About Jesus)
{Acts 13:23} “From the offspring of this [man] according to his promise God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus.”
{Titus 1:4} “…May there be undeserved kindness and peace from God [the] Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.”
{John 14:12} “Most truly I say to YOU, He that exercises faith in me, that one also will do the works that I do…”
{Acts 4:12} “Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”
{Revelation 2:13} “I know where you are dwelling, that is where the throne of Satan is, and yet you keep on holding fast my name, and you did not deny your faith in me…”
{John 20:28} “In answer Thomas said to him: My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me have you believed?
{John 20:31} “ But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing YOU may have life by means of his name.”
{Acts 2:38}“Peter [said] to them: ‘Repent, and let each one of YOU be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ...”
{1 John 3:23} “Indeed, this is his commandment, that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ…”
Created or Creator?

In conclusion, having said all about the JW, what really is your point? That Jesus is God, yeah?

brocab:

Jehovah’s Witnesses teach that Jehovah created Jesus as an angel, and that Jesus then created all other things. What do the scriptures say?
(About the Father)
{Isaiah 66:2} “Now all these things my own hand has made, so that all these came to be.”
{Isaiah 44:24}“…I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens, by myself…”
(About Jesus)
{John 1:3} “All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.” If all things came into existence through Jesus, He could not have been created because He is included in the “all things.”

Just imagine the contradiction above. You read it, yet you contradicted. Do you doubt the Bible that you read? Why did you read John 1:3 if you do not believe it?
I emboldened the key word for you to ponder over. All things came through Jesus. If you are still doubting the Bible, check Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
Can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus is referred to as "God the son" as opposed to "son of God"?

brocab:
{Isaiah 9:6} “For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us, and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.”
{Revelation 1:8} “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”
{Revelation 1:17-18} “…I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys to death and of Hades.”
{Revelation 2:8} “…These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last, who became dead, and came to life [again]”{Revelation 22:12-16} “Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end…I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright morning star.”
{Revelation 21:6-7}“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.”
If Jehovah is the Alpha and Omega (the first and last Greek letters), then the “first and the last” must refer to Jehovah, so the Witnesses claim. But when did Jehovah become dead? The only “first and last” who died and lived again is Jesus.
{Hebrews 1:13} “But with reference to which one of the angels has he ever said ‘Sit at my right hand, until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet”?

Jehovah is the only one referred to as Alpha and Omega and the one seated on the throne. I am still asking if you actually read the stuff that you post online before posting them?

brocab:
Truth and Unity
Jesus’ substitutionary atonement was accepted for one reason: God accepts only His own righteousness. The righteousness of a man or an angel is insufficient to hold up to the holy and perfect standard of God’s righteous law. Jesus was the only suitable sacrifice because He was the righteousness of God, and as God’s law required shed blood, Jesus took on flesh so that He might be a ransom for all who believe in His name.
Notice that if we understand Jesus to be God incarnate, then all the above verses can be understood to be true and mutually consistent in their claims. They can also be understood clearly with plain reason, taken at face value. However, if we attempt to suggest that Jesus is something less than God—Michael the archangel—then these verses are mutually exclusive and cannot both be true, when taken in their natural context.
Therefore, the truth of God’s Word necessitates that we must come to another understanding in which all Scripture is unified, interconnected, interdependent, inerrant and true. That unifying truth can be found only in the person and deity of Jesus Christ. May we see the truth revealed in Scripture as it is, not as we would each have it to be, and may God receive all the glory.

Can you tell Jesus that he is lying in John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
The above was Jesus words. Could he be lying? Could he probably be lying when he corroborated that in John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Are you trying to teach Jesus the scriptures or help him explain the word that he came to proclaim?
Are you going to compel him to be your God?
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
I repeat it again-(All verses are quoted directly from the Jehovah’s Witnesses New World Translation bible.)
I repeat "These verses came directly out of the NWT Bible, "if you still insist not to believe in your own bible, then argue your point of view out with the watchtower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7U4i8LnOow
lovingJehovah:

Very good! What Bible translation do you use or would you recommend?

In conclusion, having said all about the JW, what really is your point? That Jesus is God, yeah?

Just imagine the contradiction above. You read it, yet you contradicted. Do you doubt the Bible that you read? Why did you read John 1:3 if you do not believe it?
I emboldened the key word for you to ponder over. All things came through Jesus. If you are still doubting the Bible, check Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
Can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus is referred to as "God the son" as opposed to "son of God"?

Jehovah is the only one referred to as Alpha and Omega and the one seated on the throne. I am still asking if you actually read the stuff that you post online before posting them?

Can you tell Jesus that he is lying in John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
The above was Jesus words. Could he be lying? Could he probably be lying when he corroborated that in John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Are you trying to teach Jesus the scriptures or help him explain the word that he came to proclaim?
Are you going to compel him to be your God?
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
You seem to have lost Bible. We are only conversing. You raised some issues and I asked you a question, why run to YouTube? I have seen all those videos years ago. Use your Bible to buttress your points not YouTube. No one is arguing on the verses in the Bible. Can you read the verses that I quoted in your on Bible?
brocab:
I repeat it again-(All verses are quoted directly from the Jehovah’s Witnesses New World Translation bible.)
I repeat "These verses came directly out of the NWT Bible, "if you still insist to argue your point of view, over it, then turn the page?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7U4i8LnOow
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
As I said: your argument is with the watchtower, you quoted two verses, but you refuse to believe those others scriptures that's is written from your own bible that proves Jesus is God and walked among men?
How can I support you, When you are not making any sense-you are denying the NWT bible..
lovingJehovah:
You seem to have lost Bible. We are only conversing. You raised some issues and I asked you a question, why run to YouTube? I have seen all those videos years ago. Use your Bible to buttress your points not YouTube. No one is arguing on the verses in the Bible. Can you read the verses that I quoted in your on Bible?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
What really is your point, that Jesus is God, yeah?
brocab:
As I said: your argument is with the watchtower, you quoted two verses, but you refuse to believe those others scriptures that's is written from your own bible that proves Jesus is God and walked among men?
How can I support you, When you are not making any sense-you are denying the NWT bible..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
You quoted two verses {John 17:3. 20:17} Just to argue against the rest of these verses that is also written in the NWT bible, and are choosing to fight against them.
I will rewrite them again, for you, these are written in the NWT bible, are you trying to tell me just adding two verses to the list, your bible is actually contradicting itself?
(Verses regarding Jesus)
The Savior
(About the Father)
(About Jesus)
Created or Creator?

(About the Father)
(About Jesus)
lovingJehovah:
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by brocab: 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
It is not my personal point-These points were written way before I came into existence..
These points are written in your bible, you do agree Jehovah is our savior, then believe your bible, Jehovah is Jesus in the flesh.
lovingJehovah:
What really is your point, that Jesus is God, yeah?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
TBH I did not read this voluminous histoire de la guerre.
Here are the 3 questions and keep your answers short and precise:

1. What Bible translation do you use or would you recommend?
2. Are you insisting that Jesus is God?
3. Can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus is referred to as "God the son" as opposed to "son of God"?

brocab:
You quoted two verses {John 17:3. 20:17} Just to argue against the rest of these verses that is also written in the NWT bible, and are choosing to fight against them.
I will rewrite them again, for you, these are written in the NWT bible, are you trying to tell me just adding two verses to the list, your bible is actually contradicting itself?
(Verses regarding Jesus)
The Savior
(About the Father)
(About Jesus)
Created or Creator?

(About the Father)
(About Jesus)
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by lovingJehovah: 12:32am On Nov 29, 2017
It would be nice if you could just type and stop coloring everything. Highlight is made for KEY points. I want to ask, what is your obsession with the NWT all about? Do you find the verse that you quoted missing in the NWT published by Jehovah's witnesses?

If you say that Jehovah is Jesus, I will not argue with you on that. I simply want to refer you to Jesus' words in Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

I reckon that your knowledge of English is sound. There are 2 pronouns emboldened above. What persons are they?

John 5:30 "I can do nothing on My own initiative... because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

I want you to compare these with your world awarded Bible and tell me how many persons are referred in that verse.

Mark 13:32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

How can you explain the above to someone in your church that your God does not know the date that he will destroy the wicked.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God

Have you you realized that?

John 20:17 Jesus said, "...I am ascending... to my God and your God.'"

As a Christian who claims to follow Jesus, Did you hear his voice in John 20:17? John 10:27 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
"...There are many “gods” and many “lords” , yet for us (FIRST CENTURY CHRISTIANS AND JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) there is but one God , the Father...and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ

brocab:
It is not my personal point-These points were written way before I came into existence..
These points are written in your bible, you do agree Jehovah is our savior, then believe your bible, Jehovah is Jesus in the flesh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (36) (Reply)

Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke is Dead! / Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Leke Adeboye: If You Voted For APC In Osun You Are A Fool - Pastor Adeboye's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 385
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.