Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (80472 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Tobyshegz(m): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
we take a groupie and post in on nairaland!..
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Maximus85(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
I lock up everywhere whenever i sight them from afar or simply tell them to gerrahiamehn. They are hypocrites.undecided

They did worse to Jesus Christ and his deciples. As to calling them hypocrites just for the behaviour of the few you know.... Are you being fair.

They are the only religious organisation in the world who takes the command of Jesus Christ that we should preach the gospel allover the world seriously.

Don't judge them based on what you've heard about them or what you seem to perceive. Listen to them and if what they say isn't founded in the scriptures, they won't force you.

One thing is certain, no matter how bad you treat them..... They will always come back.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Bamz(m): 1:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
First of all, what would Jesus do?

Since we all strive to be like Him, our answers should reflect He that's in us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by dollyjoy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Maximus85:

They did worse to Jesus Christ and his deciples. As to calling them hypocrites just for the behaviour of the few you know.... Are you being fair.

They are the only religious organisation in the world who takes the command of Jesus Christ that we should preach the gospel allover the world seriously.

Don't judge them based on what you've heard about them or what you seem to perceive. Listen to them and if what they say isn't founded in the scriptures, they won't force you.

One thing is certain, no matter how bad you treat them..... They will always come back.
Are you a witness??
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Maximus85(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Omotayor123:
I simply tell them I don't need to be preached to..

Just last week, my mum sat one down and preach to him instead. cheesy
When the table turn around, The man quickly carry in leg Waka without looking back. smiley
I laugh so tey grin grin grin

My friend told me They don't pray, so she uses the 'Let us pray method' to disperse them. grin grin

Big lie

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
I lock up everywhere whenever i sight them from afar or simply tell them to gerrahiamehn. They are hypocrites.undecided

May i know why you think so?
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Maximus85(m): 1:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
Omotayor123:
I simply tell them I don't need to be preached to..

Just last week, my mum sat one down and preach to him instead. cheesy
When the table turn around, The man quickly carry in leg Waka without looking back. smiley
I laugh so tey grin grin grin

My friend told me They don't pray, so she uses the 'Let us pray method' to disperse them. grin grin

They don't pray? Does that even make any sense to you? Have you sat down to think that why would people calling themselves Christians won't pray? Is that ever possible. We are not praying for show. Prayer is not a joke. And we don't abuse it like the world does.

13 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by annnikky(f): 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
talktonase:
If naah woman i go allow her inside.After having healthy religious conversations i will sharply collect her number...
Meaning u're not interested in watever d lady is talking about, all u care about is d lady for u to preach for her in ur own way as well angry

Guyz una way no pure @all
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by chubbystev: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2016
dollyjoy:
Not the ones i know,the ones i know misquote the bible.
they will preach to u who already knows the scriptures nd leave the allahuakbar alone. ....seriously they disturb with their lies

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
jboy73:
Christianity is as divided as Nigeria.

Nonsense.

I share the word of God with them.

Not so.

When I'm disposed, listen to them.

If I mind, I might turn their attention to their need of freedom from sin.

Jws don't believe in righteous living.

And they can never attain righteousness
Because they deny that Jesus blood avails for the sinner even at this moment.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Handsomecole(m): 1:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
The problem with JW's is that they want to impart their own understanding of the bible without listening to yours. They believe theirs is the best. They expect you to hear their own and attend even their programs. Yet they wil never attend your own church program if you invite them. As a Catholic im ready to listen to them, what I do is to bring out my rosary for us to pray a decade before I listen to their own and if they say "NO", I also tell them "NO". case close. Respect my belief and I will respect yours. The word of God is to be shared. You tell me yours and I will tel my mine. So we can both learn from each other.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
It's important that you don't accept them.

But be frank.

In so doing, don't tell a lie.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Maximus85(m): 1:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Horlufemi:
Jesus is God.

That's what I tell them

Wow! It's just to tell the world that you don't even know whom Jesus is. Because even Jesus himself has never called himself God.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by talktonase(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
annnikky:

Meaning u're not interested in watever d lady is talking about, all u care about is d lady for u to preach for her in ur own way as well angry

Guyz una way no pure @all
Wrong insinuations you have there...i said "healthy religious conversations".Having her number so that we can strengthen each other spiritually.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
Handsomecole:
The problem with JW's is that they want to impart their own understanding of the bible without listening to yours. They believe theirs is the best. They expect you to hear their own and attend even their programs. Yet they wil never attend your own church program if you invite them. As a Catholic im ready to listen to them, what I do is to bring out my rosary for us to pray a decade before I listen to their own and if they say "NO", I also tell them "NO". case close. Respect my belief and I will respect yours. The word of God is to be shared. You tell me yours and I will tel my mine. So we can both learn from each other.

Fine.

But rosary is not 'the word of God'.

It's not in the Bible.

It shouldn't be a necessity for sharing to take place

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by taryur(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They are a good example of what Christianity is about.
The go around preaching the gospel to all nations.

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They teach you to work hard instead depending on inexplicable miracles.

You hardly hear that a member of them molest an under aged kid.

They are united.

They make out time for the poor and needy.

They are not greedy.

What else is Christianity about?

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.

lies....
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by martineverest(m): 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
I respect dem alot..... I always give dem time and i love dia preachings...i really respect catholic and witnesses for dia committment to christianity,even tho im a penticostal

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
I dnt giv dem d leisure of talking nd i quikly collect their tract bcs if u r unwillingly to u av jst giving dem d opportunity to still talk be dat.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by taryur(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Yes they are hypocrite, truly they are.
Many years ago while doing my internship in a financial institution, I was close to one of them. I went with a church flier which was given to me by someone who's not a member of my church to d office, while we were discussing, I gave him one of d fliers and I noticed his countenance changed immediately . He rejected it, I still persisted jokingly that he takes it, he got so angry and almost acted a Jim iyke nollywood scene such that I had to leave the scene.
They are hypocrite, they don't want u to preach to them because they believe the know it all.
They are hypocrite because they say Satan rules the world, yet the apply for jobs to work for same Satan.
They are hypocrite, u will never hear them sing the National anthem nor the pledge neither do they participate in political discuss, but if the money from politics is given to them, the happily collect.

Those guys are bunch of hypocrite
God will so bless you. you have really taken a keen look at them. I cant start saying all I all observe about them here. I just say NO whenever they knock my door. such hypocrites, gosh!
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by pennywys(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They assure you that hard times will come and encourage to stand strong in faith unlike today's prosperity preachers.

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

I am not a witness but I study bible with 10s of them and they treat and respect me like a family.

Unlike what's obtainable in other religious organizations that see members of other denominations as unbelievers.a.
God will bless you. Jehova witnesses are the truth example of christianity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by martineverest(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rick9:
I am a Catholic but I do received the JW warmly like am receiving Christ, I am not dogmatic I tolerate and respect other people's beliefs and religious practices, even if a Muslim, or a Hinduist or a Buddhist come to preach to me, I would gladly listen . I can decide which of the teachings I want to agree with. #Peace
exactly the same thing i do

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by idu1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
I like them
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by clems88(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
Tallesty1:
How are they hypocrites?

They teach love.

They are united.

They are not greedy.

they marry them selves n point of correction they are wicked. My boss is one of them angry
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by flamingREED(m): 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
I've never seen a people so unfortunate as the Jws, so deprived of the truth via the New World Translation.

How can they escape the captivity of sin and the eternal fire?

They're so endangered as a devout Muslim with a Quran.
Who denies that Jesus died and so cuts himself off from the only cleansing flood?

How can they set their foot on God's spotless golden streets?

Approved of the devil as the pope of Rome and his children who pad their religion with non-Bible-backed observances;
So are Jws,

How can these escape to share in the plagues Jehovah adds to those who add to His words?

These shall all go to the place of everlasting torment.

And Pentecostals too who know so much Bible truths and glory in Christ's saving power but never humble themselves to obey God,

These shall be denied by Jesus our Lord
For they omitted the weightier matter of our faith,
'seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness..'
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by Bianda24: 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
I dont have any fuss with them. Infact, i give them audience. They are fun to be with. They are bible students, give them a chance, u never can estimate how knowledgeable they are in the bible. I am not a witness but i like them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by pennywys(m): 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
taryur:

lies....
exactly what your religion did to you and keep on doing, lie to you. Now you hardly know what is the truth.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by vicechancellor(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm currently studying with jws, and I've been blessed by some of their word impartation. but I still doubt their own gospel. imagine,they say; Jesus is a god i.e arch Angel Michael. all other religions will be annihilated apart from jws. a class of people are meant to go to heaven. another group will stay on earth. they are the only true Christians. etc. I love them all, plenty of my friends are witnesses. even though Christians have different opinions and views about the bible it doesn't mean we are apostates as they call us. peace.
Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by tojahh(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
For the records Mods and Op... Its Jehovah Witnesses. Not Jehova
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by BiafranPrince: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good people.

The only problem i have with my JW mates is their "NO" stance to politics and segregation, and how can I be hardcore Biafran when my brother becus he is JW doesnt like to do Biafra hardcore type, he likes Biafra, but would not want to discuss it, cus it encourages segregation, and deep political sentiments.

They practice what they preach and u cant live a dirty lifestyle and still be among them, cus even the admonitions would make u think twice.

Unrepentant sinners, off they expel them. No collections, no money, no prosperity this or that, meek and down to earth kind people.

they actually do love people, and all over the world they preach and do same thing.

I know all these cus my brother is an elder in their organization, and he is the best friend I have, I always go to their conventions.....

But my Biafra can't make me a member now, maybe until Biafra comes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by phensbassey: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yagazee:

my brother this guys dey preach everywhere. Even as maiduguri no good I dey see them for some areas sha. I shoch when we World Universities Games at Korea, them plenty there with the same books wey dem dey carry.
we jw numbers only 8million in the world, we're not perfect, we make mistake like humans, buh I have never ever..ever seen people so selfless and caring..like jw, some people here are saying dey dey don't open doors this...and that..they keep rejecting the truth.. jw helped me change my life for good...if not for them I'd probably be or in jail or worse...we don't preach because of any benefits to ourselves... is to help others who are lost, confused and afraid just like Jesus and his deciples did..we are like mtn everywhere you go...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by monalsian(f): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
I Hate It Wen They Come Around

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? by xcelo27: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
tin is weda u recieve dem or nt its ur cup of tea cos wif jst knocking on ur door alone they've witnessed 2 u.u only shorten d time dey wud hv spent wif u.even wen u ask dem they will tell u they expect alot worse 4rm u. if jesus wey b d vry person wey d israelites dey wait 4 dem treat am like shit, call am liar even wit all d signs wey he show dem na kor d peeps wey dey use bible go cme xpect say dem go trit dem like GOD?. nd fyi, u comments does'nt belittle dem, it only bears witness 2 d fact dat yes they re preaching 2 evry bdy witin there reach nd dats d only tin dey want 2 hear

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Our Daily Manna / COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.