Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered (23446 Views)

'Nigeria Lost One Trillion In 2016 Due To Hamid Ali's Incompetence':Dino Melaye / Naira Was Devalued By Osinbanjo And Not President Buhari / Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by justicejay(m): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
Unless you've have seen it. Don't believe APC. 90% of their words are lies

7 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by sorom4: 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
You have said it all.

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by banmee(m): 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
DaBullIT:
They won't believe

Those are rubbish reasons. Just because you recovered a certain amount does not mean you will spend it on whatever. It has to be invested to generate more income. If it is used for example for allocation to states, the country would be back to square one. What happens when the funds are gone? Where would you get another 3 trillion? States should be generating their own revenue. This over dependence on government is part of the reason Nigeria is the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by 4nobody4every1: 6:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
sukkot:
tis only hard for ipad youf undecided
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Wildrage: 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
tomakint:

Liar, not up to $400 billion cash recovered undecided I said it that monies so far recovered are not up to $1billion yet some online zombies were asking for my head. Wildrage where you at some students need to be enlightened?

No matter how hard you try u can't convince these zombies they are being taken for a ride. U can change a stupid mind but u can't change the minds of people who are deliberately stupid. Diezani's 27,000 pounds was attached in a forfeiture proceedings in England pending conclusion of investigation, it's an open, transparent process that can go either way. No one has automatically presumed the money is a proceed of crime and therefore forfeited. The question is, if this fed govt has $9b attached in a forfeiture proceeding, in which court was the order granted? Who are the owners of this large amout of cash? This is not the kind of cash that can be a subject of court proceeding anywhere in d world and won't generate a lot of buzz. Someone is raising the hopes of the pliable mumus and leaving himself ample rooms for future denial

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
tomakint:

Liar, not up to $400 billion cash recovered undecided I said it that monies so far recovered are not up to $1billion yet some online zombies were asking for my head. Wildrage where you at some students need to be enlightened?
Read before you comment na. He never said dollars. Haba!
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by amazingcharis: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Recovered only in paper.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by danwa25(m): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Guy, things does not work like that. The money recovered is not in this year budget, so they can not just start using it.
Caleboha:
If 3.4 trillion naira has been recovered these things shouldnt happen;

1. Sharp decline in monthly federal allocation to states. Most states are walking very tight ropes. Unable to pay salaries. I am presently owed 5 months salary. Last month only a meagre 281 billion naira was shared. Throughout the last regime, it never fell below 340 billion

2. Rising spate of unemployment. Most federal and state parastatals confess they are truely under staffed but cannot employ due to lack of funds. Blaming lack of funds for inability to function is the new norm

3. Businesses are daily being crippled as the economy suffers from lack of sufficient activity in the small and medium scale sectors; drivers of the economy. Without cash for capital, this segment of the economy goes weak.

4. Desperate moves to obtain loans from the world bank and China. This should clearly be uncalled for

5. Hundreds of projects have been halted and hardly any commisioned in the last one year. All the contractors allude that the government is falling short of the terms of the contract.

6. Move to increase taxes on all levels without commensurate improvement on the execution government's social responsibility to its citizens

Feel free to add yours. Just facts, no abuse

Buhari must realise that freezing the whole system and trying to control everything will make him ultimately fail.

Saving up cash or funds is the crudest means of wealth creation. If that is Buhari's plan or idea its a shame! Of what use is 3.4 Trillion if Industrialisation is at a halt, capital projects stalled, standard of living on the decline, Salaries and lawful entitlements of citizens unpaid.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Howmon: 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Call me zombie, I dance azonto with Buhari.

Thank you OP. Let's take it point by point.

1. They use the refunded loots to service state salaries then what else after servicing it for maybe a month or two?

2. I disagree that federal and state parastatal are under-staffed, I can categorically tell you they are over staffed, you see workers who hardly go to work and earn salary, just 2wks ago I went to High court in a state to do affidavit, I was charged 5k. Yes!!! Police still do convoy for individuals. Yes!!!

3. Budget just got signed, you need to chill on th infrastructure thing a bit. We can't do it out of our fart in the words of Oshokomole, my Mentor!!!

4. We need cash for infrastructure even while we're thinking of bailing out a lot of indebted states, all these will cost money, we won't pull it out of thin air. Let PMB run his govt. Biko!!!

5. My point 3 and 4 answered that too.

6. You sincerely have a point there, point 5 answered that too.

Thank you for choosing APC, all our agents are currently busy, but I hope our auto response service resolved your queries. For additional help contact our directorate office.

Do have a lovely day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by saintdennis(m): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
abouzaid:
the father of modern economics said that "in the long run, we're all dead". let him name the looters and pay the money into the federation account to be shared so that states owing salaries can pay up. there's too much suffering in the land already.

The last time dey did that what was d outcome?

Arent states owing salaries once again?

States need to start thinking strategically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Fedayeen02: 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Op i feel your write up. Your pix is damn funny
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by plaetton: 6:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
989900:
If you read the breakdown of those figures again, roughly 75% of those are yet to be credited to the CBN. Some still have some legal strings to them, some are 'expected' from foreign banks.

At the above though, the president could be guilty as charged, OTOH, cleaning up a mess and setting new standards require tough measures.

If 75% of the amount mentioned are yet to be recovered, then they are not supposed to be classified as recovered loot.

Once again, this government exposes it's lying yansh.

By using lies and propaganda as it main policy thrust, this government promotes the CORRUPTION of FACTS.

This is ironic for a government that decieves it's zombie supporters about fighting corruption.

As per your last statement, it should be very obvious that just 1 yr into this administration , that they are taking us 16 solid years back to the past.

These clowns are not capable of fixing anything.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by kinstinct(m): 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
Does it really matter whether I believe the recovery or not?
The only thing I can do for now is complain to apiece the my skeptical mind. By 2019, if I am still alive, I will then sum up all truths and lies to decide way forward.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Niceiroko: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
3.4 tri and budget is 6. Tri hw com Nigeria is broke
Caleboha:

1. Sharp decline in monthly federal allocation to states. Most states are walking very tight ropes. Unable to pay salaries. I am presently owed 5 months salary. Last month only a meagre 281 billion naira was shared. Throughout the last regime, it never fell below 340 billion

2. Rising spate of unemployment. Most federal and state parastatals confess they are truely under staffed but cannot employ due to lack of funds. Blaming lack of funds for inability to function is the new norm

3. Businesses are daily being crippled as the economy suffers from lack of sufficient activity in the small and medium scale sectors; drivers of the economy. Without cash for capital, this segment of the economy goes weak.

4. Desperate moves to obtain loans from the world bank and China. This should clearly be uncalled for

5. Hundreds of projects have been halted and hardly any commisioned in the last one year. All the contractors allude that the government is falling short of the terms of the contract.

6. Move to increase taxes on all levels without commensurate improvement on the execution government's social responsibility to its citizens

Buhari must realise that freezing the whole system and trying to control everything will make him ultimately fail.

Saving up cash or funds is the crudest means of wealth creation. If that is Buhari's plan or idea its a shame! Of what use is 3.4 Trillion if Industrialisation is at a halt, capital projects stalled, standard of living on the decline, Salaries and lawful entitlements of citizens unpaid.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by ohenhen1: 6:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
It.is not hard to believe when you see the corruption in the revenue generating agencies like.customs, and NNPc. We already know about the ex Nimasa boss.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by PHIPEX(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
Simple crosscheck: if 3.4trillion was recovered (unbudgeted fund) and over 2trillion already gotten from regular revenue it means the FG has close to 6 trillion idle somewhere yet every institution of the govt is starved of fund.

My conclusion: it's either Buhari is the most crude manager alive or this is another waive of propaganda from the stable of Lie Mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by yd849ja: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
You guys are the worst form of opposition known to civilization and you will go to any length to discredit this government. They said they've recovered funds from your thieving kinsmen and their likes, you lots said its a lie/scam, some even said they are victimizing their brothers and tin-gods. You said they should release the amount they've recovered so far, to the point that you came up with hashtags and what not. They did eventually with details and explanation but I guess most of you are damn too lazy to read and comprehend simple reports. Now you have deviced another boogie like this poop up here. You guys are simply incorrigible sad cry shocked. We don't care about your dead analysis and feelings any longer because its not from a place of sincerity for the development of this country or its hardworking and honest law abiding people. You are the real enemies of Nigeria and if you want to support thieves? by all means. Nothing comes easy in life and the government should just be focused and bring about real development to this country and leave these divisive and retrogressive people in their ignorance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by passionate88: 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
When you have an information minister named lie, why wouldn't the administration imbibe the meaning of his name?

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by happney65: 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Zoombie omolola15 come and see...Zoombie Peoples.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by thomasthomas: 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
Caleboha:

You want to sound intelligent but there are flaws in your analysis!

1. Your State Governor after receiving bail out funds still couldn't pay salaries, who do you blame? Bayelsa state governor for example uses the state funds to ensure he returned as governor and now he is bankrupt, who do you blame. Check the list of states that collected bail out and see if yours didn't collect. It's just pure financial mismanagement by your governor not President Buhari's fault!

2.Is it now people became unemployed? Unemployment has been there since 1960 so it's nothing new. Besides it's like you are not following the recruitment process in the country; those agencies you complained about are already recruiting and more are coming. Nigerian Police, Nigerian Air Force etc

3. Our economy was dependent on oil and so since oil prices crashed, things became difficult and so Buhari recovering these cash will help in that regards but mind you it isn't easy as you returning 200 naira to Mr. Tope wink

4. When some commits to return monies he or she borrowed from you, I guess you wait till you see the money in your account, there are people that will tell you don't worry I'll put the money in your account today, I hope you won't go shopping on the hope that he will do just that. You wait for the alert. So while waiting for the alert FG has to carry out other plans smiley like seeking for loan from China

5. First of all these projects were starved of funds before now, the funds were used to fund the 2015 election that took place in this country by a certain political party . Government has to know what was paid and what percentage of work is done, a good manager accesses the situation before jumping in. wink

6. Which taxes is that? Electricity right? Mind you there's nothing like PHCN again. Fashola took time to explain the need for the increase. If the increase will make me run my generator less then it's a welcome development. Everything shouldn't be condemned.

If President Buhari has declared that N3.4 trillion has been returned, it will be a process. The banks where these monies are kept will have to wire it to the CBN before FG can start spending it.

No one will walk into Aso Rock with a Ghana must go bag full of cash and tell President Buhari, sir, I wan return the money wey I thief grin, grin. They deal with government agencies.

Nigeria was broke and I guess Buhari will put the money into good use but he wants to apply it in key sectors that will generate more money.

So don't worry tell you governor to go and beg for another bail out fund and if you like allow him to mismanage it while you come online to post another thread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by saintdennis(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
Please @op GIVE me the source that claimed we have recovered N3.4tn.

WHEN OUR BUDGET IS N6tn. N we struggling to finance it.
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by ChrisGnarly: 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Mmmmmmm!!! This government ehhh!! This amount were recovered and u went to China to borrow??, why nt use it and fund d bodget?? Why complaining about oil prize?? Show us d money bf "I" blv. Lai mohammed is lie!!! Hahahahah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by chigoizie7(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
richidinho:
With all these facts, a nigeria graduate will still find a way to support the govt.

Truly people go to school to aquire knowledge not wisdom.

Even Abacha loot recovery is an achievement in this APC govt

No bro, they all go to skul to acquire certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Jexyme(f): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Caleboha:

Donkey heads full nairal... Oh

So they should just be squandering the recovered money?

Every leader has his plans and logical design on how he want to make his country better.

Moreover, no one knew how much was going to be recovered.......do u plan Ur budget With Unknown??

Make u guys just dey talk dey spell d name of una diseases.......we are watching U!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by lordizak(m): 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=abouzaid post=46296549] the father of modern economics said that "in the long run, we're all dead". let him name the looters and pay the money into the federation account to be shared so that states owing salaries can pay up. there's too much suffering in the land already.[/quo
Bailout of 27 na beans? u don't read the news.
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by maestroferddi: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nigerians should continue living in self-delusion. Maybe we are waiting from people from Rwanda and the likes to come and instill
commonsense and objectivity in our hardly functional sensibilities.

By the time the economy collapses completely we shall be caught administering medication to a dead patient.

Whatever Buhari and his horde of bad workmen are doing are just not working. Let us stop deceiving ourselves and call a spade by its very name.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by vigasimple(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Half truth is always going to be full of lies.

We still not have a government because Buhari is just the President but NOT A LEADER.

Even a very good achievement will turn upside down if not well implemented.

The economy and investors are lacking in confidence because they have unmask Buhari as a dunce more clueless than GEJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by eph12(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Gabrinoz:
An account needs to be given before expenditure.
It takes how many days/weeks/months/years will this take?

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by lordizak(m): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
Gabrinoz:
An account needs to be given before expenditure.
Thanks, but some fools don't understand this much English.
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
plaetton:

If 75% of the amount mentioned are yet to be recovered, then they are not supposed to be classified as recovered loot.

Once again, this government exposes it's lying yansh.

By using lies and propaganda as it main policy thrust, this government promotes the CORRUPTION of FACTS.

This is ironic for a government that decieves it's zombie supporters about fighting corruption.

As per your last statement, it should be very obvious that just 1 yr into this administration , that they are taking us 16 solid years back to the past.

These clowns are not capable of fixing anything.
That's the kind of lies and corruption you get on daily basis. Nigerians do not really understand what corruption really is. How do you lock up a person's property and count it as part of monies recovered when the case is still in court? Isn't this corruption?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Realist2: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Splinz:
Fear Lie Mohammed, the only man that'll look at you as a male and say right there before you, "preliminary investigations reveals that you're female". SMH

I know this is what will happen the moment Buhari said Lai Mohammed should compile the list, i said it's going to be ridiculously fictitious figures that will be reel out.
The fact remain, 90% Nigerians don't believe anything coming out of Lai Mohammed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai / Naira Swap: Kaduna Files Contempt Of Court Suit Against FG Over Non-Compliance / Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.