Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered (23439 Views)

'Nigeria Lost One Trillion In 2016 Due To Hamid Ali's Incompetence':Dino Melaye / Naira Was Devalued By Osinbanjo And Not President Buhari / Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by passionate88: 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

Do u know that this is democracy? ?
the disobeyed orders from courts, illegally imprisoned opposition members, etc

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by mrvitalis(m): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
passionate88:
the disobeyed orders from courts, illegally imprisoned opposition members, etc
I dare u to show any court order he has disobeyed
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nellybii: 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
Howmon:
Call me zombie, I dance azonto with Buhari.

Thank you OP. Let's take it point by point.

1. They use the refunded loots to service state salaries then what else after servicing it for maybe a month or two?

2. I disagree that federal and state parastatal are under-staffed, I can categorically tell you they are over staffed, you see workers who hardly go to work and earn salary, just 2wks ago I went to High court in a state to do affidavit, I was charged 5k. Yes!!! Police still do convoy for individuals. Yes!!!

3. Budget just got signed, you need to chill on th infrastructure thing a bit. We can't do it out of our fart in the words of Oshokomole, my Mentor!!!

4. We need cash for infrastructure even while we're thinking of bailing out a lot of indebted states, all these will cost money, we won't pull it out of thin air. Let PMB run his govt. Biko!!!

5. My point 3 and 4 answered that too.

6. You sincerely have a point there, point 5 answered that too.

Thank you for choosing APC, all our agents are currently busy, but I hope our auto response service resolved your queries. For additional help contact our directorate office.

Do have a lovely day.

My brother, one bottle of Eagle Schnapps for you. God bless you. These incessant wailing is becoming ridiculous. PMB should just be allowed to run the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Paulancebay(m): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Howmon:
Call me zombie, I dance azonto with Buhari.

Thank you OP. Let's take it point by point.

1. They use the refunded loots to service state salaries then what else after servicing it for maybe a month or two?

2. I disagree that federal and state parastatal are under-staffed, I can categorically tell you they are over staffed, you see workers who hardly go to work and earn salary, just 2wks ago I went to High court in a state to do affidavit, I was charged 5k. Yes!!! Police still do convoy for individuals. Yes!!!

3. Budget just got signed, you need to chill on th infrastructure thing a bit. We can't do it out of our fart in the words of Oshokomole, my Mentor!!!

4. We need cash for infrastructure even while we're thinking of bailing out a lot of indebted states, all these will cost money, we won't pull it out of thin air. Let PMB run his govt. Biko!!!

5. My point 3 and 4 answered that too.

6. You sincerely have a point there, point 5 answered that too.

Thank you for choosing APC, all our agents are currently busy, but I hope our auto response service resolved your queries. For additional help contact our directorate office.

Do have a lovely day.

Just finding ways to defend rubbish and deceit! Nobody is asking your god not to change Nigeria but the kind of change is what I don't know! U think party affiliation, or becos you voted for him should make you lose sight and count of this Government negatives! Can't you check PMB's pulse? His highandedness is legendary! His statements are comatose and his agenda archaic! PMB problems and the state of things in Nigeria is self inflicted, he should take responsibility! And people like you should continue to support him because he holds the key to solving Nigeria corrupt attitude when his cabinet are corruption personified! By the time this economy finishes with some people, they won't even have megabite to relay their frustration not to talk of filling wailer's form!

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by passionate88: 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

I dare u to show any court order he has disobeyed
simple = The case of Nnamdi Kanu

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by LMFashions: 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Niceiroko:
3.4 tri and budget is 6. Tri hw com Nigeria is broke

Question for the zombies.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Horlufemi(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
aventura:
Money was recovered but not the amount quoted.

1) we know that thisday, Ait and jafaru isa returned money, why don't we get to know others?

2) Buhari is not going to be in president for ever, what if a shielded looter aspires for office in the future how do we get to know of his criminal past.

3) the talk about not releasing their names in order to encourage cooperation is simply hogwash. They return money in order to avoid prosecution so if you do not return the money the security outfits will definitely come for you. Returning the money is at your interest.

4) the names of the looters would have verified the supposedly sum being quoted as it would have been tagged alongside the amounts to arrive at a grand total.

Seeing comments on different threads in support of the government led me to two conclusion.

People will believe what they want to believe and

Nigerians deserve the leaders that they get.

There will be pandemonium

You will know relatives of the looters and Lynch them for something they didn't do.
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by dickerson2k5: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
Lol
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Paperwhite(m): 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
Nigerians should have been more wiser now. We deserve the leaders we get.Can imagine our economy or every aspects of our national life suffering this much with recovery of this so-called amount of money.Government of lies by liars & for the gullibles.Believe APC @ your own peril.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by kingjoo: 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
Wildrage:

No matter how hard you try u can't convince these zombies they are being taken for a ride. U can change a stupid mind but u can't change the minds of people who are deliberately stupid. Diezani's 27,000 pounds was attached in a forfeiture proceedings in England pending conclusion of investigation, it's an open, transparent process that can go either way. No one has automatically presumed the money is a proceed of crime and therefore forfeited. The question is, if this fed govt has $9b attached in a forfeiture proceeding, in which court was the order granted? Who are the owners of this large amout of cash? This is not the kind of cash that can be a subject of court proceeding anywhere in d world and won't generate a lot of buzz. Someone is raising the hopes of the pliable mumus and leaving himself ample rooms for future denial

guy you nailed it point blank

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by tomakint: 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
avicenna1:

Read before you comment na. He never said dollars. Haba!
That was a typo you should know now

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by obagangan: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
I believe that money is not spent yet,
also blame the low Income on the stupid niger delta avenger
may hell fall on all of them. amen
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by frubben(m): 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
Smh
Fvcking answer d question and stop shaking ur fvcked up head

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by tsdarkside(m): 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
tahhhh...blood-money...better dont use it...you will bring curses upon yourselves!!!....

i wouldnt trust using the recovered monies,no matter how much...

it is soaked in blood..!!!!!....
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Ndolarr: 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
You guys need to get some sense! The recovered loot was not all in cash. Also, the recovered money must be appropriated by the National Assembly before it can be spent!! Why are you guys blinded by hatred for Buhari to make silly, infantile comments on serious issue of national importance? Shameless lot!!!
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by mrvitalis(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
passionate88:
simple = The case of Nnamdi Kanu
Name the court order
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Jesusloveyou: 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
McLuhan:
The partisan crowd that follows Buhari does not care whether the economy is crumbling, whether times are hard, or indeed whether Nigerians are dying of hunger. They'll start hurling abuses at you.
**** so d money that is stil in interim should be use to commission project since last year, and d budget was just signed 2wks ago, d way u and op reason, is a big shame ****

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by omokunbi86(m): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
Perhaps you didn't listen to the speech on the day the report was released or you just checked the tabulated figures. It's stated clearly that "THE MONEY CANNOT BE SPENT FOR NOW DUE TO THE LEGAL ISSUES SURROUNDING THE FUNDS". If govt spends out of the money, you wil accuse him of not obeying the judiciary and now that they haven't spent it, you are telling us why you feel the story is false. Nigerians ehn!!!!!!!!

#JustMyTwoCents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by tundexijim(m): 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Reyginus:
That's the kind of lies and corruption you get on daily basis. Nigerians do not really understand what corruption really is. How do you lock up a person's property and count it as part of monies recovered when the case is still in court? Isn't this corruption?

Everything was clearly stated in the data released...cash recoveries is not up to 75%. others were clearly stated as recoveries under interim forfeiture and not what has bin recovered in cash...get facts and stop running ur mouth...
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by passionate88: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by tundexijim(m): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
Paulancebay:

Just finding ways to defend rubbish and deceit! Nobody is asking your god not to change Nigeria but the kind of change is what I don't know! U think party affiliation, or becos you voted for him should make you lose sight and count of this Government negatives! Can't you check PMB's pulse? His highandedness is legendary! His statements are comatose and his agenda archaic! PMB problems and the state of things in Nigeria is self inflicted, he should take responsibility! And people like you should continue to support him because he holds the key to solving Nigeria corrupt attitude when his cabinet are corruption personified! By the time this economy finishes with some people, they won't even have megabite to relay their frustration not to talk of filling wailer's form!

My guy its obvious u ain't still going to be pleased even if all u yearn for is bin implemented by this govt...the bitter truth is u have to remain bitter like this till this tenure is over which I don't see ending by 2019.....
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by abouzaid: 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
saintdennis:

The last time dey did that what was d outcome?

Arent states owing salaries once again?

States need to start thinking strategically
the law stipulates that any money accruing to the country should be paid into the federation account, shared between the states and fg, any party is then free to spend their own as they deem fit, paying salaries, paying the 1.75billion budgeted for buhari personal feeding or buying a new luxury boathouse for buratai and his men to host sex orgies parties. this is a democracy. buhari should follow the law.
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by mrvitalis(m): 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2016
passionate88:

Read:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/195332-biafra-court-orders-sss-to-immediately-release-nnamdi-kanu.html
Lol this was before he was charged to court and it was 80th day ans they charged him to court before the 90th day, so no court order disobeyed

Treason is not a billable offence, no court will grant him bail
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by judex12: 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
TSA=3trillion+3.4trillion=6.4trillion and u have financial crunch and Nigeria is borrowing pls make una ON una brain Abeg leave APC or PDP things it doesn't make sense
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by passionate88: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol this was before he was charged to court and it was 80th day ans they charged him to court before the 90th day, so no court order disobeyed

Treason is not a billable offence, no court will grant him bail
what was he charged for the first time that the judge granted him bail?
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
Good evening....it is the evening financial analysis with economist QT.....

1.N3.8 Trillion....sounds like a lot of money eh? Until you realise that N3 trillion was the amount needed to bring all our universities up to scratch according to the 2009 ASUU-FG agreement....that was not fufilled by 2013...because no money.

In brief.....N3.8 trillion is not enough for Nigeria's needs. We need something as high as N20 trillion yearly to be comfortable.

2.Secondly, the problem with OP is that he thinks that development comes from dashing people money. It does not work that way. Development comes from spending your money to make more money.

3.The fact that there are still some legal things that need to be sorted out is pertinent to the discussion.

4.Once again.....the problem is that N3.8 trillion is not enough for Nigeria. This is not a defence of Buhari;s government.....rather......this is a call for him to sit up.....face the fact that Nigeria is broke...and begin the long road of getting us off oil...which is what got us into this mess we face right now in the first place.

5.One more thing....oil dependent economies run up huge debts when the going is good. When the going gets tough....the debts must be paind first. That is part of the reason why we are not seeing the money....and another good reason for Nigeria to stop being reliant on oil.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by dickerson2k5: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
If actually this amount was discovered, why then do we go for loan to impliment our budget
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
As far as am concerned...Buhari fight against corruption is Like Gowon fight to keep Nigeria as One... A lost purpose from start. The only engineering factor that kept Gowon in war was to please the British. So same way Buhari is doing what he is doing to please the international communities and condemn his opposition party to the last. As far as am concerned Fight against corruption has already failed even before it started. Nigerians envy Ghana and think they can tow the path they followed to achieve Administration excellence but we fail to understand that Nigeria is already divided between tribal lines before Independence, Religious lines after independence and now Political lines In this present democracy goverment.

I applaud Buhari on his stern move against corruption but after his democracy speech where he rubbished the confab report from then i knew Nigeria has along way to go in resolve their problems
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by pedestal82(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
N3 trillion from TSA
N3.4 trillion recovered loot
Budget 6 trillion
So why we dey bother about ND Avengers?
Like this the economy suppose don dey jump up na
Abi my maths no correct?
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
There is still much money that would never be recovered. The ones recovered were the big ones, but what of the thousands of $10,000, $20,000, $2,000, $1,000 e.t.c shared to local and small time politicians. For every $1 dollar recovered, another $0.5 would never be recovered. I don't live in Nigeria but the looted money was felt everywhere there were PDP supporters in the world. A lot of money was looted just before the campaign for last election started. A close friend of mine never visited Nigeria living in Dublin received a whooping $5000 from the money being shared around. There is no way on earth that can be recovered.

What of the money looted by APC politicians too? the government has turned a blind eye on those ones cos they are in the same party.

it is well with Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
Splinz:
Fear Lie Mohammed, the only man that'll look at you as a male and say right there before you, "preliminary investigations reveals that you're female". SMH
Lmao, u killed me on this one
Re: Why It Is Hard To Believe 3.4 Trillion Naira Was Truely Recovered by henryhemon(m): 10:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
There are so many children of hate on NL. Mostly 18 to 25 who doesn't even know how the world works not to talk about how government is runned. But you see them making useless analysis conjuring bias facts and mostly out of hatred.
They 're not interested in the growth of Nigeria but they want to show how PMB has failed to portray him in negative light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Visits Nasir El-Rufai In Kaduna (Photos) / Akpabio’s Planned Defection To APC Unsettles PDP - NewTelegraphOnline / Zambian Deputy IGP Meets Jonathan (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.