Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 (70774 Views)

Quiz: Where Is Allah? / Quiz: How Much Did The Prophet Of Allah Buy Safiyya, His Jewish POW? / Nairaland Ramadan Iftaar 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
baba11:

Seconded!!! islam bases on proof and I've done that as stipulated in the glorious Quran above

What proof? Did I say it was wrong? I just didn't award full mark, which is quite explanatory
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Sissie(f): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
daprince098:
I wouldn't want to say there is a sense of bias in awarding your points. You gave akinkunmi0777 90points and he only mentioned travelling without siting examples. Pls review the answers and award points accordingly. Tnx.

There is no need being petty. Saying you wouldn't want to say it is you saying it, you can tell me to check again, incase I made an error, which I have done and corrected.

Thank you
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Muaadh(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
1). a)on the roads
b) under shade
c)watering places

2) a) To destroy an enemy by a month's journey(granted)
b) Never to destroy the ummah like the nations before(granted)
c) Never to be divided (not granted)

3) Islam, iman and ihsan

4) Poor
Needy
Zakat administrators
Driving hearts toward islam
Slaves and captives
Debt ridden
In the cause of Allah
Wayfarer

5) Yes.
one-tenth is to be paid if irrigated through rain and 1/20th to be paid if irrigated through machines and the like.

Allah knows best
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by abdulizom(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
May Allah saw accept our ibadah, keep our feet firm on the part of Islam. I'm very happy and proud of been a Muslim, keep the good work guys

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:09am On Jun 16, 2016
DAY EIGHT QUIZ ANSWERS - 10th Ramadan 1437

1) We've been enjoined to abstain from the 3 things that provokes cursing, they are? 

Three things that provokes cursing, Easing or defecating in the
(i) watering places,
(ii) on the thoroughfares/pathways, and
(iii) in the shade (of the tree).

Sunan Abu Dawood; Kitab Al-Taharah- 26).

2) Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم asked Allah for 3 things, He عز وجل granted 2 and refused him 1, what are these? 

Sahih Muslim (The Book of Tribulations and Portents of the Last Hour - 26)

Narrated Amir b. Sa'd reported on the authority of his father that one day Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) came from a high, land. He passed by the mosque of Banu Mu'awiya, went in and observed two rak'ahs there and we also observed prayer along with him and he made a long supplication to his Lord. He then came to us and said, I asked my Lord three things and He has granted me two but has withheld one..........

i) I begged my Lord that my Ummah should not be destroyed because of famine and He granted me this.......

ii) I begged my Lord that my Ummah should not be destroyed by drowning (by deluge) and He granted me this. 

iii) I begged my Lord that there should be no bloodshed among the people of my Ummah. but He did not grant it.

3) From a Muslim to another Muslim, 3 are the signs of deep rooted faith, they are?

Deep Rooted faith (Muslim to Muslim) 

i) To refrain from (killing) a person who utters, "There is no god but Allah" and.....

ii) Not to declare him unbeliever whatever sin he commits, and......

iii) Not to excommunicate him from Islam for his any action.

(Sunan Abu Dawood; Kitab Al-Jihad - 56)

4) To whom is zakat given?

It is stated in the Quran to whom is zakat given. (Chapter at-Tawbah, 60). They are;the poor and the needy, those in bondage and in debt, those who are in the way (cause) of Allah, the wayfarer, those employed to administer the (funds) and those whose hearts have been (recently) reconciled (to Truth).

5) Is it necessary to pay zakat out of the crops of a land? How many percent is necessary in consideration of water use to plant the crop?
[b]
It is necessary to pay zakat for all kinds of crops except wood, cane (except sugar cane) and grass if they reach the amount of nisab (about 650 kg). Allah, the Exalted, states the following in the Quran;“O ye who believe! Give of the good things which ye have (honourably) earned, and of the fruits of the earth which We have produced for you...” (al-Baqara 2/267);“It is He who produceth gardens, with trellises and without, and dates, and tilth with produce of all kinds and olives and pomegranates, similar (in kind) and different (in variety): eat of their fruit in their season, but render the dues that are proper on the day that the harvest is gathered. But waste not by excess: for Allah loveth not the wasters.” (al-An’am 6/141). Hazrat Prophet (pbuh) stated the following, “On a land irrigated by rain water or by natural water channels Ushr (i.e. one-tenth) is compulsory (as Zakat); and on the land irrigated by the well, half of an Ushr (i.e. one-twentieth) is compulsory.”(Bukhari, Zakat, 55).

As it is stated in the hadith, cultivation of the land and the usage of water are taken into consideration in giving the zakat of the crop. Accordingly, if the land is irrigated by rain, river, stream, brook or their channels, that is without any effort, one-tenth of the crop is given as zakat; if the land is irrigated by buckets, by the well or by a motor, that is, by a way that causes expense, one-twentieth of the crop is given as zakat.
[/b]

Day Eight Quiz Participants 

superwitboss
dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
Muaadh
sodiksan
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777
sodiquisty
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sissie:

There is no need being petty. Saying you wouldn't want to say it is you saying it, you can tell me to check again, incase I made an error, which I have done and corrected.

Thank you
Am sorry if I sound nasty or rude. Its not part of my attitude. And tnx for the correction
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
DAY NINE QUIZ: 11th Ramadan 1437

1) What is the hypocrisy in deeds and actions?

2a) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur’an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?

2b) After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark,which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur’an?

3) Who's known as the Prophet's Shield on the Day of Uhud? 

4) Which of the Mothers of the Believers is known as Umm Masakeen (Mother of the Needy)? 

5) There are 2 qualities, if a Muslim is continuous upon, he/she will enter Paradise, what are they?
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

There are five aspects of hypocrisy in Deeds and Actions.
a. Whenever he speaks, he tells lie.
b. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it.
c. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest (if you keep something with him, he will not return it).
d. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.
e. Whenever he makes a covenant(agreement), he proves himself treacherous.

2a) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur’an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
Fir'aun (Pharaoh)

2b) After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark,which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur’an?
Cave of judi

Umm 'Umara

4) Which of the Mothers of the Believers is known as Umm Masakeen (Mother of the Needy)? 
Zainab bint Khuzaimah R.A

5) There are 2 qualities, if a Muslim is continuous upon, he/she will enter Paradise, what are they?
There are two characteristics or two qualities that if a Muslim slave of Allaah is continuous upon, will enter Paradise, they are simple but those who do them are few. To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales. And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales.

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

There are five aspects of hypocrisy in Deeds and Actions.
1. Whenever he speaks, he tells lie.
2. Whenever he promises, he always breaks it.
3. If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest (if you keep something with him, he will not return it).
4. Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.
5. Whenever he makes a covenant(agreement), he proves himself treacherous.

Fir'aun

Cave of Judi.

Umm 'Umara

Zainab bint Khuzaimah (R.A)

"There are two characteristics or two qualities that if a Muslim slave of Allaah is continuous upon, will enter Paradise, they are simple but those who do them are few. To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales. And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: The hypocrisy in deeds and actions is of five types:
i. When he speaks, he lies,
ii. When he promises, he breaks it.
iii. When he is entrusted, he betrays.
iv. When he disputes, he acts immorally.
v. When he makes a pact, he acts treacherously

Ans: Pharaoh

Ans: Cave of Judi.

Ans: Umm 'Ummara

4) Which of the Mothers of the Believers is known as Umm Masakeen (Mother of the Need)

Ans: Zaynab bint Khuzayma

Ans: To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales. And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

Whenever he speaks, he tells lie.

Whenever he promises, he always breaks it.

If you trust him, he proves to be dishonest (if you keep something with him, he will not return it).

Whenever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner.

Whenever he makes a covenant(agreement), he proves himself treacherous

2.a......Fir'aun(Pharaoh)

2b.....Cave of Judi.

3......Nusayba bint Kab ( Umm Amara.)

4..... Zaynab bint Khuzaymah.

5...The Messenger of Allaah -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam-said:

There are two characteristics or two qualities that if a Muslim slave of Allaah is continuous upon, will enter Paradise, they are simple but those who do them are few:

To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales.

And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales.

Collected by Abu Dawud(5065), At-Tirmithi(3410) Nisa’i(926) and Ahmed(2/205)
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by balogwink: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=Wizeboy post=46633452]DAY NINE QUIZ: 11th Ramadan 1437

The hypocrisy in deeds and actions is of five types:
1. When he speaks, he lies,
2. When he promises, he breaks it.
3. When he is entrusted, he betrays.
4. When he disputes, he acts immorally.
5. When he makes a pact, he acts treacherously.

2a. Fir'aun.(Pharaoh)
2b. Cave of Judi.

3. Umm 'Umara

4. Zainab bint Khuzaimah

5. To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales.
And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

Answer

1. When he speaks, he lies,
2. When he promises, he breaks it.
3. When he is entrusted, he betrays.
4. When he disputes, he acts immorally.
5. When he makes a pact, he acts treacherously.

Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Four are the qualities which, when found in a person, make him a sheer hypocrite, and one who possesses one of them, possesses one characteristic of hypocrisy until he abandons it. These are: When he is entrusted with something, he betrays trust; when he speaks, he lies; when he promises, he acts treacherously; and when he argues, he behaves in a very imprudent, insulting manner.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Answer

Pharaoh

“We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: ‘I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islám).’ (It was said to him): 'Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in thy body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! But verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!’” Q10:90-92

Answer

Cave of Judi.

Answer

( Umm Umara ) Nusayba bint Ka'b Al-Ansariyah

Answer

Sayyida Zaynab bint Khuzayma

Answer

1) To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times.

2) To say Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times

lllllllll

May Allah be pleased with us. Amin
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Quanty(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2016
[/b]

There are five aspect of hypocrisy in deeds and action;
1. When ever he speaks, he tells lie
2. When ever he promises, he always break it
3. When ever he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner
4. When ever he makes an agreement, he proves himself treacherous
5. If you trust him, he prove to be dishonest

Fir'aun

Cave of judi

Umm' umara

Zainab bint khuzaimah (R.A)

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2016
(5) To say SubhanAllaah at the end of
every prayer ten times, says
alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu
akbar ten times, which is equivalent to
150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the
scales. And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times
when he goes to bed and he says
alhamdulillah 33 times and says
SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is
equivalent to 100 on the tongue and
1000 on the scales. 1. (1) whenever he speak he lies (2) whenever he promise, he didn't fulfil it (3) when you trust him, he betray you (4) when he involve in dispute, he act immorally and mannerless (5) when he make a pact, he acts treacheously (2A) pharaoh-friau'na (2B) cave of judi (3) umm ummara (R.A) (4) zainab bint khuzaimah (R.A)
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Muaadh(m): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Assalamu alaykum...
1) a)When he speaks, he lies b)When he promises, he breaks c) when he is entrusted, he betrays d)When he argues, he acts immorally e)when he pacts, he acts treachously.
2) Fir'aun (suratul Yunus)
2b)Mount of Judi ( suratul Hud)
3) Umm imara (Nusayba )
4)Zaynab bint Khuzaymah
5)Subhanallah and alhamdulillah.

Allah knows best.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Wizeboy:

1) What is the hypocrisy in deeds and actions

When he speaks, he lies,
When he promises, he breaks it.
When he is entrusted, he betrays.
When he disputes, he acts immorally.
When he makes a pact, he acts treacherously.

2a) Fir'aun (Pharaoh)

2b) Cave of Judi.

Nusayba bint Ka'b Al-Ansariyah (Umm Umara)

Zainab bint Khuzaimah (ra) 

There are two characteristics or two qualities that if a Muslim slave of Allaah is continuous upon, will enter Paradise, they are simple but those who do them are few.

To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales.
And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:10am On Jun 17, 2016
DAY NINE QUIZ ANSWERS - 11th Ramadan 1437

1- When he speaks, he lies.

2- When he promises., he breaks it.

3. When he is entrusted, he betrays.

4. When he disputes, he acts immorally.

5. When he makes a pact, he makes acts treacherously.

Fir’aun.(Pharaoh)

2b)After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark,which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur’an?

Cave of Judi.

Nusayba bint Kab - Umm Amara

Zaynab bint Khuzaymah. 
 رضى الله عنهما 

c) There are 2 qualities, if a Muslim is continuous upon, he/she will enter Paradise, what are they?

i) To say SubhanAllaah at the end of every prayer ten times, says Alhamdulillah ten times and says Allaahu akbar ten times, which is equivalent to 150 times on the tongue and 1500 on the scales. 

ii) And he says Allaahu Akbar 34 times when he goes to bed and he says alhamdulillah 33 times and says SubhanAllaah 33 times, and that is equivalent to 100 on the tongue and 1000 on the scales.

(Abu Dawud; 5065, At-Tirmithi; 3410, Nisa’i; 926,  and Ahmad; 2/205) 

Day Nine Quiz Participants 

dejt4u 
Drniyi4u
Muaadh
sodiksan
daprince098
baba11
Akinkunmi0777
balogwink
Quanty
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2016
Thanks @ my moderators.
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wealthyone: 4:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Day 12; O Allah, in this month, beautify me with the trimming and frills of modesty and chastity, let contentment and (self) satisfaction by my daily wear, let me adhere to justice and fairplay in my dealings with (fellow men), and keep me safe from all that which terrify me, through Thy support, O He who gives support to the frightened...ameen

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Wizeboy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
DAY TEN QUIZ: 12th Ramadan 1437

1) Prophet of Allah who fathered al-Asbat? 

2) Surah of the Quran that was revealed in the company of 70,000 angels? 

3) Sahaba of the Prophet who saw the Dajjal physically?

4) Allah lessens the punishment of Abu Lahab every Monday because he rejoiced (by freeing a slave) on the day Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم was born. 

5) On the Day of Resurrection, they will say; 

إِنَّا كُنَّا لَكُمْ تَبَعًا فَهَلْ أَنْتُمْ مُغْنُونَ عَنَّا مِنْ عَذَابِ اللَّهِ مِنْ شَيْءٍ ۚ
(Indeed, we were your followers, so can you avail us anything against the punishment of Allah)

And they will be told; 

لُوا لَوْ هَدَانَا اللَّهُ لَهَدَيْنَاكُمْ ۖ سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْنَا أَجَزِعْنَا أَمْ صَبَرْنَا مَا لَنَا مِنْ مَحِيصٍ
(If Allah had guided us, we would have guided you. It is all the same for us whether we show intolerance or are patient: there is for us no place of escape).

This is the conversation between which set of Allah's slave?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Drniyi4u(m): 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wizeboy:

Prophet Ya'qub (A.S)

Surah An'aam

Hazrat Tamim al Dari (R.A)

4) Allah lessens the punishment of Abu Lahab every Monday because he rejoiced (by freeing a slave) on the day Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم was born. 

“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [sahih al-Bukhari]

PS: I am not sure there's any question here though

إِنَّا كُنَّا لَكُمْ تَبَعًا فَهَلْ أَنْتُمْ مُغْنُونَ عَنَّا مِنْ عَذَابِ اللَّهِ مِنْ شَيْءٍ ۚ
(Indeed, we were your followers, so can you avail us anything against the punishment of Allah)
And they will be told; 
 لُوا لَوْ هَدَانَا اللَّهُ لَهَدَيْنَاكُمْ ۖ سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْنَا أَجَزِعْنَا أَمْ صَبَرْنَا مَا لَنَا مِنْ مَحِيصٍ
(If Allah had guided us, we would have guided you. It is all the same for us whether we show intolerance or are patient: there is for us no place of escape).

Conversation between the Weak and the Arrogant Q14:21

3 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by superwitboss: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ya'qub (Jacob),

Surah An’aam

Hazrat Tamim Dari (R.a) 

“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).  So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari, Saheeh]

And they will be told; 

The disbelievers ( people of Makkah )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by dejt4u(m): 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wizeboy:

Prophet Yakub

Surah An'aam

Tamim Dari

With regard to what was narrated about the punishment being reduced for Abu Lahab because he manumitted Thuwaybah, the wet-nurse of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), this was not narrated from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) or from the Sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them). Rather it was a dream that was seen by some people, and it is not permissible to use it to contradict what was previously affirmed about the good deeds that the disbelievers do in this world not availing them anything before Allah, let alone the fact that this report is only narrated through a mursal isnaad (that is, the chain of transmission attributing it to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) is incomplete).

NB: Allah says:

* “But those who disbelieve, (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) for them will be the Fire of Hell. Neither it will have a complete killing effect on them so that they die, nor shall its torment be lightened for them”
[Faatir 35:36]

** “And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polytheists, sinners, etc.) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust” [al-Furqaan 25:23].

And they will be told; 

the weaks and the arrogants on the day of resurrection. Surah Ibrahim Q14 : 21

the weaks will say:
"Indeed, we were your followers, so can you avail us anything against the punishment of Allah"

And the arrogants will respond:
"If Allah had guided us, we would have guided you. It is all the same for us whether we show intolerance or are patient: there is for us no place of escape"

2 Likes

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by daprince098(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wizeboy:

Ans: Prophet Yaquob (AS)

Ans: Surah An’aam

Ans: Tameem al Dari

Ans: Yes, It's authenticated in Al-Bukhari.

‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr narrated a long hadeeth and mentioned Thuwayba, the first wet-nurse of the beloved Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) and slavewoman of his cruel uncle, Abu Lahab. ‘Urwah adds a note at the end of his narration, saying:

“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari, Saheeh]

And they will be told; 

Ans: This is the conversation between the Weak (Adu'afaau) to those who were Arrogant (Al-mustakbiruun)

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by baba11(m): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wizeboy:

And they will be told; 

1....Prophet Yaqub

2....Surah An’aam

3.....Hazrat tamim dari (R.A)

4....“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari, Saheeh]

On the day the Prophet (peace be upon him) was born, Thuwayba rushed to her master Abu Lahab in joy and said, “Have you heard?! Aminah has just given birth to a son, for your brother Abdullah!” As was the custom of Arabs to show generosity at receiving good news, and since this was the newborn son (peace be upon him) of his recently deceased brother, Abu Lahab gestured with his thumb and forefinger, saying to Thuwayba, “Go, for you are free.” For this, his punishment in the Hereafter is lessened by a small sip of water equal to what could be held in the small curve of flesh at the base of the thumb till the forefinger [‘Abdur-Razzaq, Mussanaf]

5....the weaks and the arrogants on the day of resurrection. Surah Ibrahim Q14 : 21
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2016

Answer

Ya'qub (Jacob) (AS)

Answer

Surah An’aam

Answer

Hazrat Tamim Dari (R.a)

Answer

“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari, Saheeh]

On the day the Prophet (peace be upon him) was born, Thuwayba rushed to her master Abu Lahab in joy and said, “Have you heard?! Aminah has just given birth to a son, for your brother Abdullah!” As was the custom of Arabs to show generosity at receiving good news, and since this was the newborn son (peace be upon him) of his recently deceased brother, Abu Lahab gestured with his thumb and forefinger, saying to Thuwayba, “Go, for you are free.” For this, his punishment in the Hereafter is lessened by a small sip of water equal to what could be held in the small curve of flesh at the base of the thumb till the forefinger [‘Abdur-Razzaq, Mussanaf].

And they will be told; 

Answer

Conversation between the Weak and the Arrogant

Quran 14:21
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Quanty(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
[/b]

Ya'qub (jacob)

Surah An'aam

Hazrat tamim dari (R.A)

And they will be told; 

The disbelievers (people of makkah)
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by ybalogs(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
superwitboss:

Ya'qub (Jacob),

Surah An’aam

Hazrat Tamim Dari (R.a) 

“And Thuwayba was the freed slave of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her, and then she nursed the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).  So when Abu Lahab died [in disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most wretched of conditions, and [that relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said to him: ‘What did you find [after death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink *this little amount* because of my freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari, Saheeh]

The disbelievers ( people of Makkah )
May Allah increase you in knowledge and make Aljanat Firdaus our final abode. Jazakallahu Khair
Re: NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION: SEASON 2 by Akinkunmi0777(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
1) Prophet of Allah who fathered al-
Asbat? Answer Ya'qub (Jacob) (AS) 2) Surah of the Quran that was
revealed in the company of 70,000
angels? Answer Surah An’aam 3) Sahaba of the Prophet who saw
the Dajjal physically? Answer Hazrat Tamim Dari (R.a) 4) Allah lessens the punishment of
Abu Lahab every Monday because he
rejoiced (by freeing a slave) on the
day Nabi ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ was born. Answer “And Thuwayba was the freed slave
of Abu Lahab. Abu Lahab freed her,
and then she nursed the Prophet
(peace and blessings be upon him).
So when Abu Lahab died [in
disbelief], he was shown to someone in his family [in a dream] in the most
wretched of conditions, and [that
relative – they say it was ‘Abbas] said
to him: ‘What did you find [after
death]?’ So Abu Lahab replied, ‘I
didn’t find [any rest] since I left you all, except that I was given to drink
*this little amount* because of my
freeing Thuwayba.'” [al-Bukhari,
Saheeh] On the day the Prophet (peace be
upon him) was born, Thuwayba
rushed to her master Abu Lahab in
joy and said, “Have you heard?!
Aminah has just given birth to a son,
for your brother Abdullah!” As was the custom of Arabs to show generosity
at receiving good news, and since
this was the newborn son (peace be
upon him) of his recently deceased
brother, Abu Lahab gestured with his
thumb and forefinger, saying to Thuwayba, “Go, for you are free.” For
this, his punishment in the Hereafter
is lessened by a small sip of water
equal to what could be held in the
small curve of flesh at the base of the
thumb till the forefinger [‘Abdur- Razzaq, Mussanaf]. 5) On the Day of Resurrection, they
will say; ﺇِﻧَّﺎ ﻛُﻨَّﺎ ﻟَﻜُﻢْ ﺗَﺒَﻌًﺎ ﻓَﻬَﻞْ ﺃَﻧْﺘُﻢْ ﻣُﻐْﻨُﻮﻥَ ﻋَﻨَّﺎ ﻣِﻦْ ﻋَﺬَﺍﺏِ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﻣِﻦْ ﺷَﻲْﺀٍ ۚ (Indeed, we were your followers, so
can you avail us anything against the
punishment of Allah) And they will be told; ﻟُﻮﺍ ﻟَﻮْ ﻫَﺪَﺍﻧَﺎ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻟَﻬَﺪَﻳْﻨَﺎﻛُﻢْ ۖ ﺳَﻮَﺍﺀٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻨَﺎ ﺃَﺟَﺰِﻋْﻨَﺎ ﺃَﻡْ ﺻَﺒَﺮْﻧَﺎ ﻣَﺎ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻣِﻦْ ﻣَﺤِﻴﺺٍ
(If Allah had guided us, we would
have guided you. It is all the same for
us whether we show intolerance or
are patient: there is for us no place of
escape). This is the conversation between
which set of Allah's slave? Answer Conversation between the Weak and
the Arrogant Quran 14:21

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats / From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / Exhumed Corpse Of Woman Who Died 4Years Ago Shocks Ibadan Residents.Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.