Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested (3905 Views)

NNPC Appoints 4 New Group Executive Directors, Reduces Top Management Staff / NNPC Group Executive Directors Sacked / Lai Alabi Fmr MD Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by asha80(m): 11:43am On Aug 26, 2009
Non-Executive Directors of Intercontinental Arrested
•EFCC meets bank CEOs, prepares debtors’ final list
By Ayodele Aminu, 08.26.2009

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the six non-executive directors of Intercontinental Bank Plc including its chairman, Mr. Raymond Obieri.

They were picked up on Monday after they were invited for questioning over the huge debt profile of the bank.

Reasons also emerged yesterday as to why the EFCC, which is now set to prosecute the managing directors of the five troubled banks under the Banking and Other Financial Acts (BOFIA), had been finding it pretty difficult to do so after detaining the former bank chiefs for more than a week.
Meanwhile, EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri met with all the newly appointed Managing Directors of the five troubled banks yesterday in a bid by the commission to prepare a final list of loan defaulters.

The five other directors of Intercontinental Bank already cooling off their feet at EFCC office in Lagos are Mr. Christopher Adebayo Alabi, Chief Samuel Adegbite, Mrs. Toyin Phillips, Dr. Sanni Adams and Mr. Bayo Dada.

Confirming the arrest of the Intercontinental Bank directors to THISDAY last night, EFCC Spokesman Femi Babafemi said they were alleged to be involved in some shady deals, bad loans and using fictitious names to obtain loans among others.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=152731
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Aug 26, 2009
Interesting. . .
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by kokoA(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2009
Where is Erastus?
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 11:52am On Aug 26, 2009
kokoA:

Where is Erastus?
What do you mean?
ON the list or his whereabouts?
He wont be on the list because he is an executive director and regarding his whereabouts, hiding away in an unknown/unconfirmed destination!
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2009
I hope their arrest is not for the sole purpose of bullying them into accepting the new order at the Bank

otherwise this arrest don't make sense at all?

What is the crime of non-executive directors? Negligence of duty?

NIGERIA IS TRULY A BANNANA REPUBLIC

1 Like

Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by asha80(m): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

What do you mean?
ON the list or his whereabouts?
He wont be on the list because he is an executive director and regarding his whereabouts, hiding away in an unknown/unconfirmed destination!

Reports say he is london.He might just be living a few blocks away from you. cool
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by kokoA(m): 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]

Reports say he is london.He might just be living a few blocks away from you. cool

There is something that needs to be cleared here. This guy claimed to have done nothing wrong, then why is he hiding
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 26, 2009
kokoA:

There is something that needs to be cleared here. This guy claimed to have done nothing wrong, then why is he hiding

He is hiding because his adversaries are not following due process an acting in a Gestapo manner

as soon as he is re-instated by the courts which will eventually happen, he will emerge.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 12:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
mikeansy:

He is hiding because his adversaries are not following due process an acting in a Gestapo manner
as soon as he is re-instated by the courts which will eventually happen, he will emerge.
I laugh in Boko - Haram! grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by chidyke77(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
, stupidity.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
asha 80:

[/b]Reports say he is london.He might just be living a few blocks away from you. cool
Trust me i would have seen him if he was a few blocks away from me!
I am on the lookout trust me
If i see him, i will rugby tackly him, buzz the METS and have him kept in detention till the Nigerian Authorities come and pick him up!
I am going to attend my girlfriend's redeem church branch this weekend, he might be there! grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by kemofash20: 12:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
wait till when u r large nd pple in power are bent on bringing u down and u wont take-of wait till dey distroy u
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by cassytoons: 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2009

Whether the guy wrong o or right o, For Nigeria (Human right is not respected) when they arrest u, d sole aim is just to bully and mess u up.
The guy Sharp to elope, or else dem go drag am for mud
Dont wanna change d thread but wat happ to d Haliburton case
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Jarus(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
I disagree with this action. EFCC should not have arrested the Non-EDs.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Nezan(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2009
the saga still continues,,,,,,,
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by naijaking1: 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
There's something inherently wrong with this system. How can you arrest people, then go back and start looking for evidence to justify your own action
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Seun(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
naijaking1:
There's something inherently wrong with this system. How can you arrest people, then go back and start looking for evidence to justify your own action
Countries like the US and UK used to be like this hundreds of years ago. We have much to learn.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Beaf: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Trust me i would have seen him if he was a few blocks away from me!
I am on the lookout trust me
If i see him, i will rugby tackly him, buzz the METS and have him kept in detention till the Nigerian Authorities come and pick him up!
I am going to attend my girlfriend's redeem church branch this weekend, he might be there! grin

If you try that anywhere in the UK, you will likely be jailed for assault . You think Sanusi's jungle laws can work in the UK?

Also in the UK, someone would have lost their job for sending the EFCC after debtors; infact it would have unleashed a full fledged crisis in govt.

Good peice of advice; when in the UK follow due process and keep a stiff upper lip.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by tunde300us(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
Jungle justice
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
Beaf:

If you try that anywhere in the UK, you will likely be jailed for assault . You think Sanusi's jungle laws can work in the UK?
Also in the UK, someone would have lost their job for sending the EFCC after debtors; infact it would have unleashed a full fledged crisis in govt.
Good peice of advice; when in the UK follow due process and keep a stiff upper lip.
My friend sharrap i was only joking!
What is my business with the "thief"
See your mouth, trying to redefine the laws of my country of residence where i have lived for donkey years, to me! cool grin
And who told you Sanusi made a law called "jungle"?
Are you drunk or something tongue
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by otokx(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2009
They will still release all of them so no qualms; carry go.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Beaf: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

My friend sharrap i was only joking!
What is my business with the "thief"
See your mouth, trying to redefine the laws of my country of residence where i have lived for donkey years, to me! cool grin
And who told you Sanusi made a law called "jungle"?
Are you drunk or something tongue

Thank God you were joking; because you don't even know if Erastus is a boxer that might knock you out when you attempt your rugby tackle. . . plus still going to jail for assault sha.

Thank God say na joke grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Matinho: 2:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
kokoA:

Where is Erastus?

I saw him this morning at Tesco
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by sesman(m): 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2009
Matinho:

I saw him this morning at Tesco

funny enough so did i, he asking if they had a foreign exchange service grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2009
Beaf:

Thank God you were joking; because you don't even know if Erastus is a boxer that might knock you out when you attempt your rugby tackle. . . plus still going to jail for assault sha.
Thank God say na joke grin
Boxer or no boxer, i will take Erastus on with that pot belly! grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by naijaking1: 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
I'm sad we're now chasing bankers who disagreed with Sanusi, while the Chimaroke Nnamanis, Iboris, and the Sarakis of this World roam around with even more power. angry
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by nellaluv(f): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2009
Uh,Mrcrackles u've changed your forum signature"bikini bootay a' boobies pop dem" i loved it. your postin are always funny. grin grin
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by sweetpain: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
naijaking1:

You can have their ass in custody while investigation is going on to unearth more evidence. Purely legal. He also has the right to contest his detention.

Jarus:

I disagree with this action. EFCC should not have arrested the Non-EDs.
Yes its true that in Nigeria, some non EDs wield more influence over the day to day affairs of an organization
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
nellaluv:

Uh,Mrcrackles u've changed your forum signature"bikini bootay a' boobies pop dem" i loved it. your postin are always funny.
Aaw. . .Thanks wink
I will return the siggy soon then! kiss
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by skyone(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2009
Seun:

Countries like the US and UK used to be like this hundreds of years ago. We have much to learn.

fa fa fa foul absolutely not, banking industry started in the 17th century in United Kingdom at Threadneedle street and from history there hasn't been any such malpractices in the UK financial system except of recent in US where executive director of Lehman Brothers was probed for negligence of his office and extensive bonus.

Erastus is big crook God know where he is now i hope is not in redeem camp.
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by Beaf: 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2009
skyone:

fa fa fa foul absolutely not, banking industry started in the 17th century in United Kingdom at Threadneedle street and from history there hasn't been any such malpractices in the UK financial system except of recent in US where executive director of Lehman Brothers was probed for negligence of his office and extensive bonus.

Fail!

The first state deposit bank, Banco di San Giorgio (Bank of St. George), was founded in 1407 at Genoa, Italy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank

There have been several serious malpractices in UK banking, they are just so much better handled. . . And the US is not in the UK shocked
Re: Non-Executive Directors Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested by MrCrackles(m): 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2009
skyone:

If indeed he is guilty, seeking refuge in the vast grounds of Daddy GOGO's camp or anywhere else in the world wont save his ass

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbc Airing Another Lagos Documentary Tonight! ! ! ! / regular Callers On Nigerian Info 99.30 Fm / Reps Member Dies During Séx With Female Banker In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.