Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos (13488 Views)

Buhari Orders The Immediate Restoration Of Security Aides To Governor Obiano / Ambode Orders Invasion Of Funmi Tejuoso's Residence By Policemen (Video) / Ambode Orders Repair Of Oshodi-Apapa Expressway(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by harcole: 8:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Please look into warehouses in residential areas too, especially Ago, okota. They have become a nuisance.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by blackfase(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2016
Thers one man around where i live that does this rearing shit. People silently complain cos they believe the man will JAZZ them if they make formal report. Gues God finally answered their prayers.....
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by obi58: 8:52am On Jun 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

In agriculture, its about the hectares of land and not the location.

Why can't the govt ban people from building residential houses near farms.

The same thing happened in ikorodu, from fadeyi to lagos island used to be filled with palm trees hence the name "PALMGROOVE".

Then Nigeria was one of the largest exporters of palm products.

Govt needs to protect and improve agriculture not kill it.

My thoughts exactly..... This is just sheer idiocy from government. We are talking about people's livelihoods here!!! Is government planning on providing an alternative location for these farms to be moved to? Everyday we keep talking about agriculture and job creation(or job scarcity) and still we have cases like thus where baby is being thrown away with the bath water?

What the government should be doing is monitoring these farms more stringently and holding them accountable to higher safety standards especially as they are in residential areas. Should they fail to comply, they should then be fined or sanctioned and in extreme cases of default, sealed off as a biohazard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by kosokoadeyemi: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2016
My governor&commissioner of everomement all officials in charge there is pig farm exist @ELEPE town ikorodu @anifowose street elepe ikorodu ,pls come&assist us before outbreak of diseases tnx as you assist us.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by bamosagie(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2016
Why cant Ambode stop cattle rearing close to residential area or close to established farms or better still orders the establishment of ranches for all livestock farmers?
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by delishpot: 9:17am On Jun 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

In agriculture, its about the hectares of land and not the location.

Why can't the govt ban people from building residential houses near farms.

The same thing happened in ikorodu, from fadeyi to lagos island used to be filled with palm trees hence the name "PALMGROOVE".

Then Nigeria was one of the largest exporters of palm products.

Govt needs to protect and improve agriculture not kill it.

Exactly my thought. Nigeria is not a planned society. There should be areas marked as farms and anyone who decides to build close to them should not complain.
The govt needs to make provision for farmers to do their thing.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Chinks(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2016
Esseite:
They are just after that very big pig farm beside eleganza (multiple structure without meaning) on lekki road after chevron tollgate....

A pig farm that has been there long before chevron hq was even built and there was anything like vgc sef..

Politics in play

Maybe they refused to sell their lands to akande (simple)
The name of the farm is Akin-Sateru Farms Nig Ltd... I did my Industrial training there in 2013. I so much like the farm

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by femu(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2016
obi58:

My thoughts exactly..... This is just sheer idiocy from government. We are talking about people's livelihoods here!!! Is government planning on providing an alternative location for these farms to be moved to? Everyday we keep talking about agriculture and job creation(or job scarcity) and still we have cases like thus where baby is being thrown away with the bath water?

What the government should be doing is monitoring these farms more stringently and holding them accountable to higher safety standards especially as they are in residential areas. Should they fail to comply, they should then be fined or sanctioned and in extreme cases of default, sealed off as a biohazard.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by femu(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2016
The government destroys agriculture and expects the Naira to appreciate.

The Pigs produced in the SW feed the whole Nigeria and West African countries.

Also the impact on agroallied sector and crop farmers will be negative.

Ambode disempower your people o. carry go!!!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Spydamannn(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2016
No comment
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by kumulus(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2016
Chinks:
The name of the farm is Akin-Sateru Farms Nig Ltd... I did my Industrial training there in 2013. I so much like the farm

I think his mum is complaining too lipsrsealed
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by ghostofsparta(m): 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2016
obi58:

Stupid action from an hypocritical government favoured by non-reasoning members of the public and Nairaland. Why can't the same Eko o ni baje government use their authority to ban grazing catties roaming helter skelter throughout the noose and crannies of Lagos been one of the causative factor contributing to vehicular accidents and faece littering. Doesn't the sick cows reared and sold by these untaxed terrorists constitute health hazard too? The reason they banned it is because pork is forbidden in Eslam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by ghostofsparta(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
bamosagie:
Why cant Ambode stop cattle rearing close to residential area or close to established farms or better still orders the establishment of ranches for all livestock farmers?
Now we know Ambode is a Fulani terrorist lover. Read my comment above
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Ayatullah(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
chocknolis:
They should also provide solution

The solution is for the pigs to be killed en-mass and buried! Afterall Jesus casted demons into herd of pigs in the bible to show how unfit they are. If Christians and Muslims obey their divine books pigs will not be domesticated and consumed.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by 0ubenji(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
Is thr any sort of animal farmin not associated with health hazards?..abi wetin dis ppl dey tok sef...smh
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by am0sn0nyu: 4:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
0ubenji:
Is thr any sort of animal farmin not associated with health hazards?..abi wetin dis ppl dey tok sef...smh
Mad roolers satisfying mad people.

Ayatullah:

The solution is for the pigs to be killed en-mass and buried! Afterall Jesus casted demons into herd of pigs in the bible to show how unfit they are. If Christians and Muslims obey their divine books pigs will not be domesticated and consumed.
I'm not a pork eater but the Chinese and Americans are so in love with pork that they keep tab on their population. How has your brainwashing religion helped Nigeria to develop given your exterminating solution to pigs.
Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by Jessam: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Esseite:
They are just after that very big pig farm beside eleganza (multiple structure without meaning) on lekki road after chevron tollgate....

A pig farm that has been there long before chevron hq was even built and there was anything like vgc sef..

Politics in play

Maybe they refused to sell their lands to akande (simple)

The fact that this farm has been established there for over 20 years means that the government must offer compensation that adequately addresses the issues of this farm setting up elsewhere, I do agree that that this area of Lagos has changed from a once rural area with small human population to a one of the choice residential areas in Lagos. The Government must help this farm relocate by providing it with free land nearby as well as some other financial assistance to ensure the farm remains in Lagos. The farm has likely been a major employer and generator of wealth. It must be encouraged to survive. Most importantly I hope there is no political or land grab undertone to this issue and that it is solely an environmental health issue.

Please let me use this opportunity to introduce Jessam Cattle Ranch and farms to you - Jessam cattle ranch & farms wants to a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. Let me use this opportunity to introduce you to jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

Re: Ambode Orders The Closure Of Pig Farms Located In Residential Areas, Lagos by gede7744(f): 8:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
with this development l think d pig farmer needs a swampland to rear d pigs then transport to anywhere in Lagos for sale

if u need such land u can e-mail me or call 09097426691 OR 08085473977 l have one for sale in Badagry side. 40 by 140 price is affordable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Primaries: APC To Pick Governorship Candidates On September 24 / Shehu Shagari: PDP Slams Buhari, Osinbajo Over Absence At Ex-president’s Burial / Buhari Signs 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.