Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment (7635 Views)

Ohanaeze Accuses FG Of Bias In Call For Kanu’s Re-arrest / Borno Man Accuses FG Of Abandoning Victims Of IDP Camp Bombing (Graphic Pics) / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by omenka(m): 4:40am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Seems like the West, Britain actually is really angry with Buhari. I am yet to figure out exactly why though. Could it be because of Buhari's determination to recover loots from them? Because ever since Buhari announced his visit to the UK to recover looted funds, UK has just been giving Baba bad eye up and down.
America started beefing Buhari after he turned down IMF offer.
If I got the information correctly, the bulk of the funds for the clean-up is not meant to come from FG but from the polluters. FG just flagged off the program last week, definitely perhaps when Buhari is back or when work implementation of the budget really kicks off, FG will source for their own part of the funds. Then again we all know how Buhari likes to take his time while doing sensitive things involving serious cash so why the hullabaloo from Shell? Why the hurry? Something is def wrong somewhere.
Hmmm. Baba God help us o.
Don't be deceived. The blog is another useless Uganda propaganda blog. Open the link and go see the kind of useless anti-government and NDA praising stories in there. cheesy

Besides, don't you smell a rotting camel in the whole article given that NOTHING in there is captured in quotation marks??

Imagine how the crap sounds below:

"He further said their own part of the money is ever ready and they won’t hesitate to return to the table whenever the ..."

Does that crap sound like the words coming out of the mouth of the spokesman for such a gigantic multinational company??

Since that process was started, some people from a certain part of this country have been having running stomachs and would have, if they could, ensured that nothing positive is done by the government down south so they could continue to feed their gullible brothers with that horseshit of "Buhari hates the south".

Badbelle everywhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by 989900: 4:50am On Jun 09, 2016
Fingers crossed.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by omenka(m): 4:55am On Jun 09, 2016
989900:
Fingers crossed.
Un-cross those fingers jare. This news carries as much weight as a feather in a hurricane. The fact it is coming from an anti government blog running as story such as "soldiers flee as Niger Delta Avengers....", and bears not a single quotation mark in an alleged statement made by a spokesman, it is a big ol LIE.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by vedaxcool(m): 5:07am On Jun 09, 2016
omenka:
Don't be deceived. The blog is another useless Uganda propaganda blog. Open the link and go see the kind of useless anti-government and NDA praising stories in there. cheesy

Besides, don't you smell a rotting camel in the whole article given that NOTHING in there is captured in quotation marks??

"He further said their own part of the money is ever ready and they won’t hesitate to return to the table whenever the ..."

Does that crap sound like the words coming out of the mouth of the spokesman for such a gigantic multinational company??

Since that process was started, some people from a certain part of this country have been having running stomachs and would have, if they could, ensured that nothing positive is done by the government down south so they could continue to feed their gullible brothers with that horseshit of "Buhari hates the south".

Badbelle everywhere.

Chio badbelle go kill these haters.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Seems like the West, Britain actually is really angry with Buhari. I am yet to figure out exactly why though. Could it be because of Buhari's determination to recover loots from them? Because ever since Buhari announced his visit to the UK to recover looted funds, UK has just been giving Baba bad eye up and down.
If I got the information correctly, the bulk of the funds for the clean-up is not meant to come from FG but from the polluters. FG just flagged off the program last week, definitely perhaps when Buhari is back or when work implementation of the budget really kicks off, FG will source for their own part of the funds. Then again we all know how Buhari likes to take his time while doing sensitive things involving serious cash so why the hullabaloo from Shell? Why the hurry? Something is def wrong somewhere.
This is ridiculous. Where is the BLUEPRINT for the clean up? Are you saying federal government launched the Ogoni cleanup without no blueprint? Are you kidding me?

"Buhari likes to take his time while doing sensitive things involving serious cash"? So why launch what he hasn't verified?

Boss, my you defend everything? Smh
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by persius555(m): 5:37am On Jun 09, 2016
I dont understand the kind of agreement FG got into but i know that BP footed the bill for the clean up of the gulf of mexico. If FG signed a JV agreement with shell, then it should please abide by its own side of the agreement.
This govt should not play politics with a delicate environmental issue like this.

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Sweetlemon(f): 5:42am On Jun 09, 2016
lafuria1:

The news is fake, the source is local online blog, international version is the UK Telegraph, here we have telegram.
Secondly, I find it odd adding news of timi dakolo not attending an event to a serious issue of pulling out.
The clean up is solely the oil company responsiblity, the planning and all, FG provides the enabling environment.

I searched for other sources, I was directed back to nairaland here, even the source doesn't come before nairaland, lol.

You smart! wink

2 Likes

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by greatiyk4u(m): 5:45am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:

The source of the news says it all, I don't think Shell can make public such a careless statement.......nothing is impossible shaa but the news is too shallow and poor articulated to swallow like that
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Sweetlemon(f): 5:51am On Jun 09, 2016
omenka:

Badbelle everywhere.

I can't believe these ibob abi ipob clowns got me for a moment grin grin grin
I'm so relived though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by CyerSeries: 5:52am On Jun 09, 2016
Intellect20:

You don't go scot free when you attempt to abandon the world legal tender...dollar for any enemy Chinese yuan. Osinbanjo will replace Buhari soon. The first thing he would do is to cancel the chinese deal...mark my words. Buhari is finished!
Especially after helping him win election. He thought the west are fools that he can use and dump just like that..
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Goddex: 5:59am On Jun 09, 2016
Some peeps actually beleived that jamboree by the VP - a project that was never provided for in the 2016 budget

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 09, 2016
lafuria1:

The news is fake, the source is local online blog, international version is the UK Telegraph, here we have telegram.
Secondly, I find it odd adding news of timi dakolo not attending an event to a serious issue of pulling out.
The clean up is solely the oil company responsiblity, the planning and all, FG provides the enabling environment.

I searched for other sources, I was directed back to nairaland here, even the source doesn't come before nairaland, lol.

Na so we see am telegram ng.

Another wailing wailers news source.
The sort of jokers that give credence to the reviled social media bill.

No way she'll would pull out in less than a week. Wailers can't even lie with coherence

3 Likes

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by ayindejimmy(m): 6:16am On Jun 09, 2016
When was te Ogoni cleanup lunched for Shell to be pulling out so soon? It's not even a month yet, and it's proposed to last 30 years.
This sounds fishy

3 Likes

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by blackface12: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Na wah for u sef.Always giving excuses.Giving excuses to cover up for their clulesssness.Always promises they can't fufill.Una cup don full.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:22am On Jun 09, 2016
.....it was all a lie to get foolish people clapping. the way they rushed to ogoniland like fleas to skin was suspicious............its all a ruse
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:24am On Jun 09, 2016
vanbonattel:

I disagree,

Nigerians are world experts in only one thing, choosing the very worst of people as leaders.
yes u re very correct and the worst and the worst was the previous president! Buahri is still learning stupidity from him!

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 09, 2016
I have said it that where is the clean-up plan or blue print? Who approved it? Was it presented to and approved by the regulatory bodies? Was there appropriation made for this project in the budget? Has the appropriated fund been transferred to the clean-up fund account or to the ecological fund? A clean up exercise of this scale is more of a project.
Even Shell has not made th blue print available. I saner countries the blueprint would have been thrown to public debate and review before approval.

-It should begin with a joint Reappraisal of the spill sites.
-A review and categorization of best clean up actions for various sites of the spill. They are not th same scenarios all around Ogoni.
-A submission of the spill cleanup plan to the DPR and perhaps NOSDRA. The DPR has a professional HSE Team with Engineers and Environmentalists to successfully guide this ''project" type.
-The spill clean-up plan/blueprint, terms of reference and scope of work will be reviewed and approved by the DPR. And it will contain things like:

-areas impacted/scope
-Spill clean-up strategies
-Equipment (mechanical, chemical, Biological, etc)
-HSE Management
-Community engagement strategy
-NGO Engagement Strategy
-Anticipated duration of clean-up
-Post Mortem plan for clean-up
-Funding agreement
-Qualification/Appraisal of clean-up team and companies
-Clean-up HSE Risk Assessment/Impact Assessment and Post Impact Assessment Plan
-Compensation Evaluation strategy
-Clean waste management plan
-etc.
-etc.
-etc.

It is when all parties (Govt., Community, NGOs) have agreed to the strategy and the respective ones have contributed to the funding account that clean-up starts with the approved plan.

IF THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO BE GUIDED THEY KNOW WHO TO GO TO. Even if the money is provided today, I doubt the efficiency of the clean-up. The entire exercise has not been planned to taste. Even if this project eventually succeeds they would have spent unnecessary time,funds and effort due to poor planning.

By law also the regulatory agencies are to give clean-up certification. How can they certify and exercise they are not fully a part of and has not complied to the proper procedure?
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Babacele: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:

I can't believe these ibob abi ipob clowns got me for a moment grin grin grin
I'm so relived though.
maybe you need our crash course on how to identify ipob news from a distance......they couldn't do it in all of their 16 years hence they are baffled beyond their wits how a ' goro chewing dullard' could have pulled that off! life of an ipob!

4 Likes

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by ASL33: 6:39am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
If I got the information correctly, the bulk of the funds for the clean-up is not meant to come from FG but from the polluters. FG has just flagged off the program, definitely perhaps when Buhari is back or when work implementation of the budget really kicks off, FG will source for their own part of the funds. So why the hullabaloo from Shell? Why the hurry? Something is def wrong somewhere.
Without any blue print. That is the gross of the matter not funds. Who are the contractors for the clean up? Shall did not pull out because of lack of fund but because the govt don't know their left from their right.

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by eightsin(m): 6:50am On Jun 09, 2016
I need a credible news outlet to relay this.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by yomexp(m): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2016
useless bloggers .

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Raziii(m): 6:57am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
you guys need to get off your high horse about the west being the bad guys. When leaders fail, they sell such crap to us. About the president taking his time may be true but the west being the bad guys? STOP IT! It's becoming lame.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by banki(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2016
Is it that some people just don't want Nigeria to move forward?

What kind of a useless blog is this

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by abouzaid: 7:03am On Jun 09, 2016
lies and propaganda from this apc government is getting excessive.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by Babacele: 7:06am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Oh really? I'm really beginning to fear for Buhari's life. He needs special prayers because he is fighting a one-man fight against corruption and overbearing western forces the people whom he's fighting for don't even appreciate him. Don't even know what to say anymore sef. Smh
Except the will of Almighty God, nothing will happen to PMB . assassination attempt self naa big dream for this elite crooks....we know them. We are fighting this corruption to a standstill whether they like it or not. Like USA to terrorists, we won't submit cos we don't negotiate our freedom with shameless rogues .........this light shall overcome their darkness, it has always been like that....even in death and when all hopes seem lost, Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr, etc overcame these evil forces n so shall we too. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by chigoizie7(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2016
Gbagaaaam!!!!!!!.

U see? FG has never been sincere.

And when all these people their lands has been messed up with over 40yrs ago complain, u call them dafts, now they have taken the bull by the horn to fight the FG back.

And we still call them touts.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by wickyyolo: 7:12am On Jun 09, 2016
UjGina:
Nigerians are so unlucky when it comes to leadership. For the past one year, its being from one trouble to the other
A wise man once told me that; when majority of the people are bad, they will end up getting bad leaders and vice versa. Teach your kids to be good so oneday in future we might get good leaders.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by chiefobdk(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Yoruba spotted defence minister
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by kutchs: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Will you just shut up, you are becoming disgusting.
Did you read the news at all?
What has the US and UK got to do with this?
Shell gave the very reason why they are pulling out, your Buhari's insincerity and here you bare blaming the US and UK. Are you made?

Why give excuse for an unserious and insincere govt?
With the fanfare and noise accompanying the launch of the clean up, one would think that they have everything every detail covered. No money voted, no blueprint and they rush to Ogoni to deceive you and you are clapping for them.

Why didn't they wait for budgetary allocation to become available before the launch?

Buhari's trip to the UK was planned in advance, why didn't they wait for him to come back before launching?

Buhari takes his time on critical national decisions? Don't be deceived dear, he doesn't take any time, he simply doesn't know what to do. He's clueless, he's just bidding his time in the vain hope that tings will take care of themselves.

Finally, like Shell said, your govt is insincere.
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by phemmie06(m): 7:24am On Jun 09, 2016
This shell sabi disgrace person o, shell should wait a bit, maybe till when the budget second version will be signed. Next year
Re: Shell Pulls Out Of Ogoni Clean-up, Accuses FG Of Insincerity, Lack Of Commitment by sinistermind(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2016
People's blind trust in dis administration will be d end of u, mark my words.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Corruption Respects Diversity And Federal Character By Fred Nwabufo / Meet Gilbert Chagoury, The Owner Of Eko Atlantic City / Continuation Of The House Of Reps Fuel Subsidy Probe - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.