Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815676 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by paulplay(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2007
hi am new in this forum guys. am really interested in stock brokerage but cant seem to have enough money to start
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by onuku: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2007
Temmie10, Frankiriri, and easimoni; Please guys, how can one get the form for the International Breweries PO. I can't find the website for the Sterling Capital Market Ltd.
Can you guys hook a buddy up with the form.

Appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2007
onuku:

Temmie10, Frankiriri, and easimoni; Please guys, how can one get the form for the International Breweries PO. I can't find the website for the Sterling Capital Market Ltd.
Can you guys hook a buddy up with the form.

Appreciated.

here's the website for sterling capital. Doesn't contain much tho.
http://www.sterlingcapitalng.com/home.cfm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2007
yodiyokun:

Yeepa,

I was hoping to get in on insurance this month but it seems I am too late. I am not ready to buy in the middle of a bullish run that may not last. Please join me in praying for the bears.

OK I'll join you. Oya, everyboy repeat after me: May the bears go to sleep, remain asleep and not wake up for the rest of this year.

Amen grin grin

On a more serious note though, you should hold on and wait for the speculators to start taking profits. Then the prices will come down again and you can buy . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by windywendy(f): 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
For all those thinking about union diagnostics, I'll advise you consider it as a long term investment. If the news I've been hearing about private placements is anything to go by, you probably won't be getting your certificates in time to have it verified and lodged into your CSCS account for sale within 6months.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2007
Gurus yeah??
Abeg how can one lay hands on Union Diagnostic from outside the country?? Make una help now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2007
yodiyokun:

@easimoni,

My brother, I know you are with Lead capital and i know you do not like their services but it seems I am headed that way because of so many factors.

Please abeg biko, what is their commission like? and who is your account officer? can you view your portfolio online etc.

Contact my account officer  fola.ologun@LEADCAPITALNG.com
I pay ~ 2.3% to buy and ~2.5% to sell. I can view my account online but it seem I can only give instructions via email. I get a sales/purchase notice within a day of execution and they even remembered my birthday!  grin cheesy

Downside is a severe lack of analysis (hence I keep my own mega spreadsheet) or qulaity advice. If you can pick your own stocks (or trust our advice), go ahead. Integrity, honesty or availability has not been an issue since I signed up in Dec 04.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2007
easimoni:

Contact my account officer fola.ologun@LEADCAPITALNG.com
I pay ~ 2.3% to buy and ~2.5% to sell. I can view my account online but it seem I can only give instructions via email. I get a sales/purchase notice within a day of execution and they even remembered my birthday! grin cheesy

Downside is a severe lack of analysis (hence I keep my own mega spreadsheet) or qulaity advice. If you can pick your own stocks (or trust our advice), go ahead. Integrity, honesty or availability has not been an issue since I signed up in Dec 04.

@easimoni,

Thanks for the tip, at least I can see whats up online. From what you have said Lead is still better than the tales of woe we have read on this site about stockbrokers.
You do not need their analysis ojere ,you are the king of fundamentals.

So lorokan they do not have research team - hmm . I can live with that.

I have started my own research and until I practicalise I cannot know if my theory is correct.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2007
Results and Recommendations for CCNN, NBC, Intercontinental, FCMB

http://www.wikifortio.com/301899/Company+news+and+results+CCNN%2C+NBC%2C+Intercontinental%2C+FCMB++Plc+7-09-07.pdf

and attached is the recommendation for Diamond Bank
I think it is one of the banks to take position right now

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2007
From FSDH Daily Report
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) today listed 4,989,853,959 Ordinary Shares of and 18,000,000 Irredeemable Non-Cumulative Preference Shares in the name of Intercontinental Bank Plc.

If they kept only 5B shares from the PO (total now 15.7B), the forward PE is only 18. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Abeg wetin be "Irredeemable Non-Cumulative Preference Shares"? Grammar too much.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2007
STOCKWATCH: AVONCROWN

if AVONCROWN Caps breaks the N3.00 support level, then it will be a stock to buy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2007
easimoni:

From FSDH Daily Report
If they kept only 5B shares from the PO (total now 15.7B), the forward PE is only 18. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Abeg wetin be "Irredeemable Non-Cumulative Preference Shares"? Grammar too much.

18million doesn't sound like a lot.
If i remember correctly, irredeemable non-cumulative preference shares, it is like ordinary share capital except holders do not have the right to vote. Holders also take priority in dividends and liquidation. Dividends are only paid to holders from PAT too. So if the company loses, no dividends are paid unlike debt where interest is always paid come rain come shine.
Irredeemable means its permanent capital just like ordinary share capital.
It is however possible that in some years, holders of these preference shares can be paid dividends even if dividends are not paid to ordinary share capital holders in such a year where maybe PAT is very little, that is in extreme cases though.
Like i said, 18million is not a lot and should not make too much diff in your calculation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VC2007(m): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2007
@easimoni

From what easimoni just said here, it looks like Lead Securities is better than my own Cashcraft, abi fellow nairalanders?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2007
http://www.leadcapitalng.com/downloads/dangoteflourreport.pdf

This is Lead Capitals report on Dangote FLour Mill; they recommend a cautious buy .

From the comparison with Flour mills, It shows that flour mills shareholder funds go a longer way and is more efficient.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VC2007(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2007
Abeg can anybody give me some comparative advantages between Discovery Fund and IBTC Equity Fund?
I want to start some mutual fund stuff and this bit of advice will surely help. people
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by VC2007(m): 6:19pm On Sep 07, 2007
just received my share cert from Intercontinental today and am still waiting for that of May and Baker.

Both were bought last year. Please does anybody know how long i will have to wait for this May and Baker?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2007
Gurus welldone o!
@ Temmie 10
My question has to do with union diagnostic. Can I have someone go to their location in Ogun state and return the form with a cheque to them? Or does it have to be returned to Cashcraft directly? I have a friend who can go to their location because I think mailing the check to them would take time and by then the offer will be closed.
Now assuming I cant access the shares before the PP closes are they gonna be listing on the same price on the NSE?
Can someone turn in the forms to a close-by Intercontinental Bank branch?
Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2007
@jehosaphat

I am sure that if you have someone drop it at cashcraft, you'd be good.
I am not sure about the hospital itself.
Intercontinental should accept the payment too.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2007
IS THIS ANYTHING TO CHEER ABOUT

Union Bank moves to raise capital base

Union Bank of Nigeria Plc has concluded arrangements to seek shareholders’ approval to raise additional capital through a placing process from strategic investors with multinational banking experience.

Consequently, an extra-ordinary general meeting has been scheduled for this month in Kano to enable the bank seek shareholders’ approval. The bank said in a statement on Wednesday that the AGM will also enable the bank to take all necessary steps in pursuance of the process, subject to regulatory and statutory requirements to increase its authorised share capital from N7bnto N10bn.

The statement said the shareholders’ consent would be sought by the directors to write off the goodwill of N15bn arising from the acquisition of Universal Trust Bank Plc, Broad Bank of Nigeria Limited and Union Merchant Bank Limited from the N71bn in the Share Premium Account Approval will also be sought on the utilisation of part of the Share Premium Account in writing off the outstanding goodwill as provided by Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990.

The Group Managing Director, Mr. Barth Ebong, said the measures were part of the bank’s strategic efforts to positioning it further for the unfolding domestic and global challenges of today’s banking as well as consolidate its leadership position in the industry.

With a cumulative shareholders’ fund of over N100.50bn, Union Bank remains one of the most capitalised banks in Nigeria, following the success of its last recapitalisation drive, which raked in over N55bn from its rights issue and public offer respectively, above its initial target of N40bn.

The statement said Union Bank had also been listed among the Top 1000 World Banks for 2007 by The Banker magazine of the Financial Times Group.

In its recently released yearly global banking rating for 2007, the bank achieved an international ranking of 502 and a country ranking of two in Nigeria.

Fitch Ratings, a foremost international rating and research agency, has also assigned the bank National Long and Short-term ratings of ‘A+ (nga)’ and ‘F1’, respectively, as well as Issuer Default Rating ‘B+’ with a stable outlook.

Source:
The Punch
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2007
Does anyone know of valueline securities limited.How is their services like and can they meet up the new capital base.

How is cashcraft services like and their acct openin procedure
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Mu(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2007
@ V.C.2007
May and Baker Certs came out earlier this year. I recd. mine in March. I had to go to their registrars to get my refund cheque though, and when I got there I found that most people there had 1 of 2 issues, either they did not get their certificates or did not get their refund cheque. Had to make 2 trips, one to request the cheque and the other to pick it up.
Went to
Afribank Registrars Limited
9 keffi Street
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Crownvilla(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2007
@ Yodiyokun

Thanks a lot for the Lead Capital report on Dangote Flour.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 10:38pm On Sep 07, 2007
enurayce:

@ Temmie

What is is procedure of changing stockbroking firm?

I'm chancing Temmie! Go to your NEW brokers and ask for an account transfer form. Take it to your current broker and ask (nicely) for them to sign, agreeing to handover "custody" of your CSCS account to the new broker. Once you get that, it's smooth sailing.

If they give you a hard time and you don't like stress (like me), gradually sell off all your stock with your current brokers (over a long period o!) and gradually buy all your new orders through the new guys. Once your account hits zero, FREEDOM! This is the last resort.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2007
@all

@windywendy:Ur analysis is so great.By d way how did u come about this sort skill.
congrats on ur baby.
@easimoni and Temmie U guys are da bomb

@ all thanks for makin it real on this site.

Went to Cash craft at Abuja 2day to make enquiries on union diagnostic pp.
Made enquieis for u guys who are nt in naija how u can partake.
D form is available on their site.They have a dorm acct d guy(d staff who attended to me) says.

But most impt is first get to email d guy so he can inform u better.

eliakim.uzamere@cashcraft.com

D pp is to close for 14th sept 07
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jehosaphat: 11:40pm On Sep 07, 2007
Dr Daniel na u biko! I'll shoot an email to the cashcraft guy ASAP. Thanks a bunch!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Geees: 12:01am On Sep 08, 2007
very educative folks abeg make we continue, I am just joining this Ivory tower,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 12:39am On Sep 08, 2007
na wah ooo,
i am really confused which of the banks to buy,
either zenith or diamond considering the PO that they both would issue later and we have this union diagnostics
not taking away dangote flour
i need a loan, to make moves
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 1:16am On Sep 08, 2007
@ Tmoni,
are you trying to play the "jack your prices before the PO" game with Zenith and diamond? No try am o! Stay away from Dang Flour as well. If you have money (and not a loan) go for NGC, Crusader and Flour Mills. This union pp looks like a good idea too but as Wendy pointed out, the profit forecast is very aggressive.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 1:24am On Sep 08, 2007
oga easimoni,

i think its bout time we spoke to each other, can i send u an email so u send me ur full telephone no, i seriously want to start trading, my broker told me to still do value but i feel i have done enough, i read the IBTC report on diamond and was thinking of going with the perceived price of N25, and i also read here bout the zenith PO which the jack up the price pre-PO shld work for them, still waiting on STERLING,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Temmie10(m): 1:27am On Sep 08, 2007
@Easimoni

I was reading yesterday that Crusader's asset base is 13 billion naira,
For a company whose current market value is 16.2 billion naira and with forward eps of 0.36, i still think its a hot bargain.

@Tmoni
If you can get Wema at around 10 naira that its currently selling, you'd make a handsome gain in the in the next 3-5 months
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 1:52am On Sep 08, 2007
thanks temmie, is WEMA going to be doing a PO soon or is it based on calculations, i hope i dnt sound like a greedy person but i hv had it with value investments, thanks temmie
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2007
easimoni:

If they give you a hard time and you don't like stress (like me), gradually sell off all your stock with your current brokers (over a long period o!) and gradually buy all your new orders through the new guys. Once your account hits zero, FREEDOM! This is the last resort.
@ oga easiii grin grin
if you follow this last resort, will you still have the same CSCS number as u had with the previous firm. cos i got my CSCS number through thebrokers i want to change from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.