Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Italy Visa - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italy Visa (83939 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Italian Visa Delay In Vfs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Visa by rolly86(m): 6:43am On Aug 27, 2017
Hello Grandeur. Which of the VFS offices did you apply through? Lagos or Abuja?
I have a conference in Italy next month, and i don't know which of the offices I can apply for a quick response.

Grandeur007:
Hmmmm....
ThankGod with me o... got my Italian VISA in a week after submitting to VFS...
Although they requested I report to their consulate upon return. Also heard from the VFS guys that ain't attending to tourism visa for Italy again...
Re: Italy Visa by Grandeur007: 7:58am On Aug 27, 2017
rolly86:
Hello Grandeur. Which of the VFS offices did you apply through? Lagos or Abuja?
I have a conference in Italy next month, and i don't know which of the offices I can apply for a quick response.

Lagos Sir.
Re: Italy Visa by rolly86(m): 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2017
Great. Please email me peterokeugo@gmail.com or send me yours. Thanks.

Grandeur007:

Lagos Sir.
Re: Italy Visa by ekoboy: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2017
Grandeur007:
Hmmmm....
ThankGod with me o... got my Italian VISA in a week after submitting to VFS...
Although they requested I report to their consulate upon return. Also heard from the VFS guys that ain't attending to tourism visa for Italy again...
Bro, this post has given me hope. Have an urgent business trip. Need the visa in less than 2weeks.

Please what airline ticket did you use for the application since there is no direct flight to Italy.

Thanks
Re: Italy Visa by j132c: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2017
Please how did you package the account statement?
ladylco:
I submitted my tourist Italy application on 16 feb, 2017 and I was called for interview last week wed slated for yesterday, went for the interview yesterdayand it went well, i was told the passport will be ready in 2 to 3 days time. Never knew Italy do interview.

Meanwhile my brothers business schengel visas to Portugal that I helped to package which was submitted a week after my italy application was ready for collection since last friday evening, they picked up their passport yesterday and they were both granted.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 11:36am On Mar 02, 2018
I submitted my application since 24th of Jan till date no reply from vfs.
Re: Italy Visa by ChangetheChange: 7:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
BIGSKY2017:
I submitted my application since 24th of Jan till date no reply from vfs.

I have been trying to acess the Italy visa site to track my visa, the site is down, I submitted my application 2nd of February.
Re: Italy Visa by Donphyno101: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hello @Grandeur007,

Please I need Italy Conference Visa requirements in other to complete mine.

Hoping to read from you soon. Thanks.
Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
@change the change any luck?
Re: Italy Visa by ChangetheChange: 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2018
BIGSKY2017:
@change the change any luck?

The site is back online, but they still telling me my application is still under processing at Italy consulate

It's been over 25 working days since I submitted my application
Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2018
@change the change the funny thing is that the start date of my school is coming Monday the 19th of March,and my flight booking is on the 15th. Well I will still be optimistic about this.
Re: Italy Visa by Royals1st: 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
@BIGSKY2017 Bro any update from Italy embassy regarding your visa application you said you dropped off Jan 24th ?

I dropped my application with my wife on 16/02/2018 up till date the update says

English:Application ref no.LAGO/160218/0017/01 is under processing at the Consulate General of Italy”.

And i have have used previous schengen visa issued by Italy i have while my wife has one used previous schengen visa and i have other travel history and my wife also have other travel history

Even the our last trip to Italy it stated in our visa that after we arrived back in Nigeria we should come to Italy embassy in person and we did and they collected our passport and sign on the used visa and they asked us to go and make copy of the used visa we did i don't know why the delay this time around .

Even on our DROP OFF BAG by VFS the lady who attend to use stated on it as ( frequent traveler ) and also in the receipt given to us it stated frequent traveler .

Has any also has DELAY from italy embassy lagos ?
Re: Italy Visa by ChangetheChange: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Royals1st:
@BIGSKY2017 Bro any update from Italy embassy regarding your visa application you said you dropped off Jan 24th ?

I dropped my application with my wife on 16/02/2018 up till date the update says

English:Application ref no.LAGO/160218/0017/01 is under processing at the Consulate General of Italy”.

And i have have used previous schengen visa issued by Italy i have while my wife has one used previous schengen visa and i have other travel history and my wife also have other travel history

Even the our last trip to Italy it stated in our visa that after we arrived back in Nigeria we should come to Italy embassy in person and we did and they collected our passport and sign on the used visa and they asked us to go and make copy of the used visa we did i don't know why the delay this time around .

Even on our DROP OFF BAG by VFS the lady who attend to use stated on it as ( frequent traveler ) and also in the receipt given to us it stated frequent traveler .

Has any also has DELAY from italy embassy lagos ?

I was sent a mail last week asking me to come for interview at their consulate in lagos , I got there, the security guy said my name was not on the appointment list.I sent them another email, they are yet to reply me back , I need my passport back, I am no longer interested in going on vacation in Italy, the delay has become annoying and irritating.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by olaniyiko: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
Any update on the collection after long waut
Re: Italy Visa by ChangetheChange: 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
olaniyiko:
Any update on the collection after long waut

Nothing yet,
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 5:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
by november 2016, I applied and got Italian visa within 11 working days through vfs centre in Lagos but since 23rd February I applied again and I am due to travel in two days time (13th April) yet haven't seen my visa.

Had sent them email and they said they will contact me when they are done with my visa processing. this is just annoying.
Re: Italy Visa by ChangetheChange: 4:35pm On Apr 12, 2018
I was at Italy consulate today in victoria island to make enquiries about why the status of my visa application is still pending since January, I met lot of people who came regarding the same issue, a lady attended to us, telling us that they have several thousands of pending applications that Italy consulate is currently attending to and the applications are at different stages.

she said we have to be patient regarding our visa applications, she said those who want to withdraw their passport should send an email to them, and their application will be withdrawn within three days.

She also told us that italy consulate has instructed VFS to reduce the number of applications they receive pending when they clear the thousands of pending visa applications files still at Italy consulate
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
ChangetheChange:
I was at Italy consulate today in victoria island to make enquiries about why the status of my visa application is still pending since January, I met lot of people who came regarding the same issue, a lady attended to us, telling us that they have several thousands of pending applications that Italy consulate is currently attending to and the applications are at different stages.

she said we have to be patient regarding our visa applications, she said those who want to withdraw their passport should send an email to them, and their application will be withdrawn within three days.

She also told us that italy consulate has instructed VFS to reduce the number of applications they receive pending when they clear the thousands of pending visa applications files still at Italy consulate

it is shameful they can't state this on their site even before people start applying. I was suppose to leave today. let me withdraw my passport
Re: Italy Visa by benji1111: 7:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
Please any latest information in this regard as at today?
Re: Italy Visa by Tochibelle: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
I applied for an Italian study visa since on 08th January 2018 and until now no reply from the Consulate. No email replies nor any form of correspondence. I once got them, and was adviced to contact my invitor which I did right away.
Does anyone have same issues or know the reason behind these delays?
Re: Italy Visa by Tochibelle: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
ChangetheChange:

I was sent a mail last week asking me to come for interview at their consulate in lagos , I got there, the security guy said my name was not on the appointment list.I sent them another email, they are yet to reply me back , I need my passport back, I am no longer interested in going on vacation in Italy, the delay has become annoying and irritating.

Were you able to retrieve your passport and documents from the Consulate? My student visa application is been pending for over 90 days period. (08 Jan till date). I have never experienced this kind of wait in my life. Very frustrating and annoying.
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 6:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Tochibelle:

Were you able to retrieve your passport and documents from the Consulate? My student visa application is been pending for over 90 days period. (08 Jan till date). I have never experienced this kind of wait in my life. Very frustrating and annoying.

they only responded to my mail just once, after that no other responds, I had asked for my documets back no responds still. I don't know why they are so callous to be taking applications knowing they can't work on all of them.

called their Secretary and she dropped the call on me after saying my mail has been sent to the people in charge of visa.
Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2018
My advise to everybody out there that intend applying for Italian visa; the Italian consulate has not been issuing visa to ordinary citizens since January,exception of prominent individuals,so better you look elsewhere. Am also a victim of this strange delay, went to the consulate on the 13th to make enquiries about my study visa application I submitted since January. A lady attended to us because we were many. I was told to wait,that if I can't wait I should make an appeal and my application will be returned to me within three working days. And she also said they have stopped accepting applications for now, because of the many pending applications they have on their desk. Very disorganized embassy
Re: Italy Visa by benji1111: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
I received my unprocessed application back yesterday after aaking fir it last week wednesday. waited for almost two months, my plans to travel on the 19th of April has been cancelled. Italian Embasy is full of shits.

2 Likes

Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
@messiedidylakes did they put any rejection stamp on your passport?
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
BIGSKY2017:
@messiedidylakes did they put any rejection stamp on your passport?

nope. they did not process it at all

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Tochibelle: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2018
messiedidylakes:
I received my unprocessed application back yesterday after aaking fir it last week wednesday. waited for almost two months, my plans to travel on the 19th of April has been cancelled. Italian Embasy is full of shits.
I am glad their was no rejection stamp on it as you said. Please how did you go about the application retrieving process? I would love to retrieve my 4 month old application. I am really regretting making this application. The Italian Embassy is so inefficient and a disaster. They do not have regard for nigerians....they do not even honor your calls or emails.
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 5:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Tochibelle:

I am glad their was no rejection stamp on it as you said. Please how did you go about the application retrieving process? I would love to retrieve my 4 month old application. I am really regretting making this application. The Italian Embassy is so inefficient and a disaster. They do not have regard for nigerians....they do not even honor your calls or emails.

send mail to the following mail below requesting for the withdrawal of your application.

add your application reference number and your surname.

they should call you within 3 working days for it.

lagos.visa@esteri.it
segreteria.lagos@esteri.it

good luck.
Re: Italy Visa by edewor1991: 5:48pm On May 02, 2018
i found this on the Italian website.

VISA APPLICATION - Submission Suspended
at Lagos VFS Centre.

Due to major technical issues, submission of visa
application
at Lagos VFS Centre is currently suspended.
Applicants wishing to travel for business, tourism, attending
conferences or religious purposes, can request an
appointment by sending an e-mail to the Consulate General
of
Italy at the address lagos.visa@esteri.it and using this
format:
SURNAME
FIRST NAME
DATE OF BIRTH
CITIZENSHIP
PASSPORT NR.
SCOPE OF TRIP (business, tourism, ...)
NAME OF ITALIAN COMPANY (for business visa)
PREVIOUS ITALIAN VISAS
OTHER VISAS (SCHENGEN, USA, UK, ...)
EXPECTED DATE OF DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
As per the E.U. Visa Code, the Consulate has 14 days to
respond to the request. Applicants are advised to well plan
their trips, as it takes 9 days to receive the required
clearances from the Schengen system.
Submission of applications for family reunion (all types) are
currently suspended since the whole process of documents
legalization is currently under review.

https://conslagos.esteri.it/consolato_lagos/en/la-comunicazione/dal_consolato/2018/04/concerto2.html
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 3:53am On May 05, 2018
edewor1991:
i found this on the Italian website.

VISA APPLICATION - Submission Suspended
at Lagos VFS Centre.

Due to major technical issues, submission of visa
application
at Lagos VFS Centre is currently suspended.
Applicants wishing to travel for business, tourism, attending
conferences or religious purposes, can request an
appointment by sending an e-mail to the Consulate General
of
Italy at the address lagos.visa@esteri.it and using this
format:
SURNAME
FIRST NAME
DATE OF BIRTH
CITIZENSHIP
PASSPORT NR.
SCOPE OF TRIP (business, tourism, ...)
NAME OF ITALIAN COMPANY (for business visa)
PREVIOUS ITALIAN VISAS
OTHER VISAS (SCHENGEN, USA, UK, ...)
EXPECTED DATE OF DEPARTURE FROM NIGERIA
As per the E.U. Visa Code, the Consulate has 14 days to
respond to the request. Applicants are advised to well plan
their trips, as it takes 9 days to receive the required
clearances from the Schengen system.
Submission of applications for family reunion (all types) are
currently suspended since the whole process of documents
legalization is currently under review.

https://conslagos.esteri.it/consolato_lagos/en/la-comunicazione/dal_consolato/2018/04/concerto2.html

Nice info, this is what they would have done long ago
Re: Italy Visa by Okpueee: 7:06pm On May 09, 2018
@messiedidylakes,

I just received this mesaage:

Processed application has been received at the Visa Application Centre, Lagos, from the Consulate General of Italy on ...........

Pls does it mean my visa has been approved.

Kindly reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Yacht: Inside The ₦15.5 Billion Super Luxury Yacht / Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.