Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Italy Visa - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italy Visa (83947 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Italian Visa Delay In Vfs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Visa by Sunnycool95: 9:44am On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:

Tourist o! sad
How far about your application, we are still waiting to hear the good news from you.
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2018
Sunnycool95:
How far about your application, we are still waiting to hear the good news from you.

So the courier company website allegedly showed me that estimated delivery is Monday, 27 August in the evening! shocked. I wanted to die! So yesterday, during public holiday o! I allegedly traced courier company number and allegedly offered them extra to ensure that I receive the parcel today i.e. Thursday. That is super expedited shipping inside expedited shipping! wink Then this morning, I was allegedly informed by my courier contact that the parcel has finally landed in their sorting centre within my location. So, I allegedly called the sorting centre and allegedly offered to pay extra for them to stop sorting, single out my parcel and bring it to me immediately. So, we now allegedly had extra super expedited shipping, inside the super expedited shipping, inside the expedited shipping grin I will know my fate in the next 30 minutes! Can somebody please clap for Jesus! wink

3 Likes

Re: Italy Visa by Sunnycool95: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:

So the courier company website allegedly showed me that estimated delivery is Monday, 27 August in the evening! shocked. I wanted to die! So yesterday, during public holiday o! I allegedly traced courier company number and allegedly offered them extra to ensure that I receive the parcel today i.e. Thursday. That is super expedited shipping inside expedited shipping! wink Then this morning, I was allegedly informed by my courier contact that the parcel has finally landed in their sorting centre within my location. So, I allegedly called the sorting centre and allegedly offered to pay extra for them to stop sorting, single out my parcel and bring it to me immediately. So, we now allegedly had extra super expedited shipping inside the super expedited shipping inside the expedited shipping grin I will know my fate in the next 30 minutes! Can somebody please clap for Jesus! wink
Lol funny dude, am waiting to hear the out come and if I may ask was the parcel sent from Lagos to Lagos or another state because the long process looks somehow.
Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2018
Waiting grin
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
Brethren! We got the Italian Schengen visa! My wife and I requested for 30 days multiple entry but they gave us a visa valid for 50 days multiple entry. Is this usual? Has anyone else experienced it? The Italian visa is identical to the UK visa. Just very minor differences. Bank statements were not returned, pension fund statement was not returned, travel itinerary was not returned, AirBnB accommodation booking was not returned, all letters were not returned. Original copies of employment letter, marriage certificate, payslips and medical reports were returned. However, the original marriage certificate was very badly damaged. We now have to laminate it to prevent disintegration. I think it is only fair if the Italian Consulate considers authorising VFS to inspect originals and returning them if they cannot guarantee safekeeping. There are two notices stapled to our passports. The first one warns us that the Schengen visa does not confer an automatic right of entry to the Schengen area. We are expected to carry all relevant travel documents and evidence of financial means to the Border Police authorities who are entitled to turn their enemies back if they are not satisfied. The second notice warns us again that the Border Police is entitled to recheck all the documents we used in obtaining the visa and that we must have enough financial resources. It goes further to warn that if we leave Italy for another Schengen country and reenter Italy, we are expected to report to Border Police or the appropriate Police HQ within 8 working days. I wish everyone else waiting on the Italian Embassy all the best.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by ERIN01: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:
Brethren! We got the Italian Schengen visa! My wife and I requested for 30 days multiple entry but they gave us a visa valid for 50 days multiple entry. Is this usual? Has anyone else experienced it? The Italian visa is identical to the UK visa. Just very minor differences. Bank statements were not returned, pension fund statement was not returned, travel itinerary was not returned, AirBnB accommodation booking was not returned, all letters were not returned. Original copies of employment letter, marriage certificate, payslips and medical reports were returned. However, the original marriage certificate was very badly damaged. We now have to laminate it to prevent disintegration. I think it is only fair if the Italian Consulate considers authorising VFS to inspect originals and returning them if they cannot guarantee safekeeping. There are two notices stapled to our passports. The first one warns us that the Schengen visa does not confer an automatic right of entry to the Schengen area. We are expected to carry all relevant travel documents and evidence of financial means to the Border Police authorities who are entitled to turn their enemies back if they are not satisfied. The second notice warns us again that the Border Police is entitled to recheck all the documents we used in obtaining the visa and that we must have enough financial resources. It goes further to warn that if we leave Italy for another Schengen country and reenter Italy, we are expected to report to Border Police or the appropriate Police HQ within 8 working days. I wish everyone else waiting on the Italian Embassy all the best.

For 50 days multiple entry.  Is this usual?

Yes it is, especially if ur travel dates had passed b4 visas were issued.

Was ur visa issued after ur travel departure date?
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
ERIN01:

For 50 days multiple entry.  Is this usual?

Yes it is, especially if ur travel dates had passed b4 visas were issued.

Was ur visa issued after ur travel departure date?

Noooo. Travel is in October. We just applied early cos of all the time wasting at the Italian Consulate we read about. The visa starts counting on the day we intend to arrive
Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay... Dancing oyeoma for you oooo grin
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:54pm On Aug 23, 2018
Sunnycool95:
Lol funny dude, am waiting to hear the out come and if I may ask was the parcel sent from Lagos to Lagos or another state because the long process looks somehow.

We are in Delta State.
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
Imustreturn:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay... Dancing oyeoma for you oooo grin

As I shall certainly dance for you too o!

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:

As I shall certainly dance for you too o!
the wait was worth it bro.. Safe trip bro
Re: Italy Visa by Sunnycool95: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:

We are in Delta State.
Congrats bro, wish you a nice stay in Italy.
Re: Italy Visa by emmie14: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
adigunomomama:

Sorry abt that bro. Try another shengen state if you really wanna go for holiday vacation this summer.
This is my third application for shengen visa through Italian embassy. I have visited Italy , Germany,Turkey and Holland and left the country without violating any immigration or constitutional laws yet my application is 25days today. What could be the cause of the delay?
Re: Italy Visa by emmie14: 6:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
Chriscero:
On 27 July, 2018, I applied to the Italian Consulate for 30 days multiple entry Schengen visas for my wife and I to enable us attend a conference in Rome, and for a 3-week vacation thereafter to France, London (outside Schengen hence the request for multiple entry visas), Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany and Greece. I regret not paying for VIP service at the VFS office in Lekki embarassed We were there for 5 hours! Meanwhile VIP is completed in less than 30 minutes! NEVER AGAIN! The fifteen working days have expired and we have not heard anything. is this delay normal? It used to be the norm in the past but I understand that they have computerised and sped things up a bit at the Italian Consulate.
Bro honestly I applied the same day with you through Abuja vfs. Am still waiting. Last time took just 16days
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:24am On Aug 24, 2018
Imustreturn:
the wait was worth it bro.. Safe trip bro

Indeed it was worth it at the end. I appreciate your encouraging words after my post 15 working days tension started and you gently made me realise that I was still in kindergarten as far as waiting was concerned. Please share your own good news with us soon. I am looking forward to it.
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:27am On Aug 24, 2018
emmie14:

Bro honestly I applied the same day with you through Abuja vfs. Am still waiting. Last time took just 16days

Ah! Bros, yours is just their usual administrative delay since you are not a first timer. In fact, you are almost guaranteed one once the former visa was not abused. This was our first Schengen application and we were really worried.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 3:31am On Aug 24, 2018
emmie14:

This is my third application for shengen visa through Italian embassy. I have visited Italy , Germany,Turkey and Holland and left the country without violating any immigration or constitutional laws yet my application is 25days today. What could be the cause of the delay?

Ah! Bros na Chairman you be nah! grin Before the Italians contact Germany, Turkey and Holland to confirm your good behaviour while in their territories it will take a while nah! You are almost guaranteed a Schengen visa so it is just a waiting game. I hope your travel date is still far?
Re: Italy Visa by abafetch: 5:44am On Aug 24, 2018
Hello Sir ...

I'm planning to apply for a shengen Visa to visit Europe ....
Can any one help me with Country can i apply for ?

Thanks
Fetch
Re: Italy Visa by emmie14: 6:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Chriscero:

Ah! Bros na Chairman you be nah! grin Before the Italians contact Germany, Turkey and Holland to confirm your good behaviour while in their territories it will take a while nah! You are almost guaranteed a Schengen visa so it is just a waiting game. I hope your travel date is still far?
Yeah..October
Re: Italy Visa by emmie14: 6:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Chriscero:

Ah! Bros, yours is just their usual administrative delay since you are not a first timer. In fact, you are almost guaranteed one once the former visa was not abused. This was our first Schengen application and we were really worried.

Ookay
Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 8:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Chriscero:

Indeed it was worth it at the end. I appreciate your encouraging words after my post 15 working days tension started and you gently made me realise that I was still in kindergarten as far as waiting was concerned. Please share your own good news with us soon. I am looking forward to it.
thanks boss.

Looking forward to it.. Safe trip too you
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 7:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
Guys! This silence is deafening! Does it mean no one else has received Italian Schengen visa up till now? shocked
Re: Italy Visa by timidapsin(m): 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
Chriscero:
Guys! This silence is deafening! Does it mean no one else has received Italian Schengen visa up till now? shocked
applied but denied... Same with a friend.
No one loves to spread bad news.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by iyaaliyah: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hello. Please is there a emergency visa for Italy. Like within 5days?
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
timidapsin:
applied but denied... Same with a friend.
No one loves to spread bad news.

So sorry to hear this embarassed
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Hello. Please is there a emergency visa for Italy. Like within 5days?

Sure! If you are a public office holder?

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
KIDfurniture:
Biko guys , I need you to give me list of the requirement for italo Visa. I'm single .I have travel history Dubai and south Africa. I dont mind at all.. I want to apply ..victorious8555@gmail.com. chriscero biko assist me. Thanks

Sorry, just got into Rome and I’ve been busy so I just saw this. Your purpose determina the appropriate documentation. What are you travelling for?
Re: Italy Visa by iyaaliyah: 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
Who is in Rome and needs a tour buddy? Holla please .
Re: Italy Visa by KIDfurniture(m): 5:22am On Oct 13, 2018
me set don dey Dubai for now.. I just wanna visit... after which me return to Nigeria.
Chriscero:

Sorry, just got into Rome and I’ve been busy so I just saw this. Your purpose determina the appropriate documentation. What are you travelling for?
Re: Italy Visa by qeezo101: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2018
Please like how much euro a couple of two can carry along to visit with Italy tourist visa. I was told that the immigration on port of entry will ask for the money u are bringing and they will even count it.. I was told 3k euro is enough for a husband and wife.. Please anyone that has gone to Europe via italy tourist visa should help plsss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Italy Visa by qeezo101: 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
Benjamite01:
i am back fro my trip from italy, on my passport a paper was attached to it from embassy that i should return to the consulate upon my return from italy.

Please how much euro did u take with u on your trip to Italy. Or how much euro can a couple go with just husband and wife.. And please what are the likely questions to ask at the port of entry.. I hope u can share your experience. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Yacht: Inside The ₦15.5 Billion Super Luxury Yacht / Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.