Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Italy Visa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italy Visa (83955 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Italian Visa Delay In Vfs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italy Visa by olumig(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2018
Okpueee:
@messiedidylakes,

I just received this mesaage:

Processed application has been received at the Visa Application Centre, Lagos, from the Consulate General of Italy on ...........

Pls does it mean my visa has been approved.

Kindly reply.
Either way, you will know when you get it.
Re: Italy Visa by edewor1991: 7:05am On May 10, 2018
Okpueee:
@messiedidylakes,

Processed application has been received at the Visa Application Centre, Lagos, from the Consulate General of Italy on ...........

Kindly reply.

pls when did you applied?

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 10:28am On May 10, 2018
@okpueee when did you apply?
Re: Italy Visa by messiedidylakes(f): 9:30pm On May 12, 2018
Okpueee:
@messiedidylakes,

Kindly reply.

when you get your passport you will find out. I got similar mail from them 3 days after I had asked for my passport to be returned but my passport was not touch, no visa and no rejection
Re: Italy Visa by edewor1991: 9:24am On May 17, 2018
benji1111:
I applied in early march and I just got my documents.

pls, was the visa issued to you?
Re: Italy Visa by histotee: 6:46am On May 28, 2018
Please I need response to the last chat.thanks was the visa issued?
Re: Italy Visa by BIGSKY2017: 10:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
All hope is not lost,i was at the Italian consulate in Lagos today,and right in front of me,someone was issued visa today. They have finally resolved they technical issues so carry on good people of 9ja.
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 9:22am On Jun 29, 2018
I did a group application for my family of 4 on the 6th of June via VFS Abuja. Got my passport returned via courier on 28th June. All approved for 30 days.
Re: Italy Visa by Lucky4real28(m): 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
Congrats sir, how long did processing takes?
FabioPeter:
I did a group application for my family of 4 on the 6th of June via VFS Abuja. Got my passport returned via courier on 28th June. All approved for 30 days.
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 2:47am On Jun 30, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Congrats sir, how long did processing takes?

14 work days
Re: Italy Visa by Lucky4real28(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2018
Nice one sir, did you make payment for the hotel booking you used ?
FabioPeter:

14 work days
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 6:15am On Jul 01, 2018
Lucky4real28:
Nice one sir, did you make payment for the hotel booking you used ?

No, just reservation, same with flight.
Re: Italy Visa by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Congrats bro. Please r u saying one can apply and get result in 14days or what?

quote author=FabioPeter post=68924826]I did a group application for my family of 4 on the 6th of June via VFS Abuja. Got my passport returned via courier on 28th June. All approved for 30 days.[/quote]
Re: Italy Visa by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
FabioPeter:

No, just reservation, same with flight.

Can you use it for other countries? I heard Italy makes their visa valid for just Italy and not the other Schenghen states. Air Italy is super cheap, so I'd like to take advantage.
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2018
Blakface:

Can you use it for other countries? I heard Italy makes their visa valid for just Italy and not the other Schenghen states. Air Italy is super cheap, so I'd like to take advantage.

It’s Schengen visa you can use it for all scheghen countries within the duration of the visa. However, have to enter through the country whose embassy processed the visa, people seem to use a different country as entry point but right to enter is subject to interpretation by immigration at the airport.

Air Italy planes seem small, one one luggage allowed for economic ticket. It’s not that cheap.
Re: Italy Visa by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
FabioPeter:

It’s Schengen visa you can use it for all scheghen countries within the duration of the visa. However, have to enter through the country whose embassy processed the visa, people seem to use a different country as entry point but right to enter is subject to interpretation by immigration at the airport.

Air Italy planes seem small, one one luggage allowed for economic ticket. It’s not that cheap.

Yes @ your first paragraph I know that. I was only asking cause someone told me they put a clause on their visas stating you can't use it for other countries. I was planning to apply through d IT embassy, because that would be my entry point due to the cheap ticket on air Italy.

For the luggage thing, That's surprising cause I used air Italy in March, and I got 2*23kg. There's a special offer for Nigerian and Ghanaian citizens for the extra luggage, make sure you tick the box, if you're using them. But even with 1*23kg self, it's still good. I know how to pack 15kg in my hand luggage(s)

And yes like you said, The planes are basic, Boeing 737 or so.. no entertainment. Food is rubbish, but for under 500$ and direct flight..I don't mind.

Thank you for answering though, I'd go through Italy.

Wish you and your family a splendid trip.

3 Likes

Re: Italy Visa by uc1best(m): 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
FabioPeter:
I did a group application for my family of 4 on the 6th of June via VFS Abuja. Got my passport returned via courier on 28th

June. All approved for 30 days.
pls sir I summited my Italy visa application since 26th of June till day no reply from dem I mean till 2day no reply from dem
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for the feedback, there was no such clause on my visa or the note attached to my passport.
Blakface:

Yes @ your first paragraph I know that. I was only asking cause someone told me they put a clause on their visas stating you can't use it for other countries. I was planning to apply through d IT embassy, because that would be my entry point due to the cheap ticket on air Italy.

For the luggage thing, That's surprising cause I used air Italy in March, and I got 2*23kg. There's a special offer for Nigerian and Ghanaian citizens for the extra luggage, make sure you tick the box, if you're using them. But even with 1*23kg self, it's still good. I know how to pack 15kg in my hand luggage(s)

And yes like you said, The planes are basic, Boeing 737 or so.. no entertainment. Food is rubbish, but for under 500$ and direct flight..I don't mind.

Thank you for answering though, I'd go through Italy.

Wish you and your family a splendid trip.
Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
its surprising, i know someone who applied mid June and got his visa early July. I also know a friend who applied through France embassy, he asked for update via email a week after and his untouched passport was returned immediately, embassy stated that they take at least 15 working days to process. I will advice you exercise patience if your travel date is still far ahead.

uc1best:
pls sir I summited my Italy visa application since 26th of June till day no reply from dem I mean till 2day no reply from dem
Re: Italy Visa by uc1best(m): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
FabioPeter:
its surprising, i know someone who applied mid June and got his visa early July. I also know a friend who applied through France embassy, he asked for update via email a week after and his untouched passport was returned immediately, embassy stated that they take at least 15 working days to process. I will advice you exercise patience if your travel date is still far ahead.

ok am going to holidays with my younger sister

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by FabioPeter: 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
uc1best:

Wish you well. What ever your choices are, honesty is the best policy.
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2018
On 27 July, 2018, I applied to the Italian Consulate for 30 days multiple entry Schengen visas for my wife and I to enable us attend a conference in Rome, and for a 3-week vacation thereafter to France, London (outside Schengen hence the request for multiple entry visas), Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany and Greece. I regret not paying for VIP service at the VFS office in Lekki embarassed We were there for 5 hours! Meanwhile VIP is completed in less than 30 minutes! NEVER AGAIN! The fifteen working days have expired and we have not heard anything. is this delay normal? It used to be the norm in the past but I understand that they have computerised and sped things up a bit at the Italian Consulate.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2018
FabioPeter:

Whao! shocked So a request for update was treated as a withdrawal of the visa application? That is so unfair on so many levels! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
Chriscero:
On 27 July, 2018, I applied to the Italian Consulate for 30 days multiple entry Schengen visas for my wife and I to enable us attend a conference in Rome, and for a 3-week vacation thereafter to France, London (outside Schengen hence the request for multiple entry visas), Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany and Greece. I regret not paying for VIP service at the VFS office in Lekki embarassed We were there for 5 hours! Meanwhile VIP is completed in less than 30 minutes! NEVER AGAIN! The fifteen working days have expired and we have not heard anything. is this delay normal? It used to be the norm in the past but I understand that they have computerised and sped things up a bit at the Italian Consulate.
lol. I've submitted for over a month now. No one understand what's going on there
Re: Italy Visa by Chriscero(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2018
Imustreturn:
lol. I've submitted for over a month now. No one understand what's going on there

Chai! Over a month? 20 working days? shocked Nooooo! I need to calm down then. I really don't have a problem yet grin. I'll tarry until the last week in August but I must have the passport back in the first week in September to avoid missing a pre-scheduled trip.

1 Like

Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2018
Chriscero:

Chai! Over a month? 20 working days? shocked Nooooo! I need to calm down then. I really don't have a problem yet grin. I'll tarry until the last week in August but I must have the passport back in the first week in September to avoid missing a pre-scheduled trip.
lol.
Re: Italy Visa by Sunnycool95: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
uc1best:
. Or your wife to be?
Re: Italy Visa by Imustreturn(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sunnycool95:
. Or your wife to be?
grin
Re: Italy Visa by Perfectnumber6(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Two of my friends submitted to VFS France on the 31/07/2018, one got his own visa 10 working days after (student visa) while the other one is still waiting for response from the French embassy till today .dont know what the delay is for .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Yacht: Inside The ₦15.5 Billion Super Luxury Yacht / Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.