Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace (8474 Views)

Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) / Kachikwu Clashes With Wale Tinubu Over Port-Harcourt Refinery / Gunshots As Soldiers Go On Rampage In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Apelex(m): 10:40am On Jun 11, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
There is serious warfare currently going on somewhere in Port Harcourt right now as there has been fierce gun battle and about eight Air force Jets take off and landing in the past 30mins.

Can someone please update us on what's going on?

Lalastica, kindly do the needful.

Heard from an air force personnel they are conducting an air Drill.. Since yesterday..

Nothing serious
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by QuotaSystem: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:

When did it become the job of civilians to fish out militants, how come no civilian was harassed to fish out the second most dangerous terrorist organization in the world operating as herdsmen in Nigeria . The niger

May God save us from the spirit of hypocrisy.

Since civilians started cheering, supporting, and protecting militants at the risk of collateral damage when force is applied to fish them out.

Ask Borno Civilian JTF.

7 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by iykopy: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2016
I'm in PH quite close to airforce base. The airforce guys simply are disturbing environmental peace with sound pollution buzzing from aging fighter jets in the guise of military reconnaisance.

However, some cultists in ikwerre local govt area have been shooting sporadically and beheading each other in a gang war. Some innocent people aren't spared as they unleash gruesome attacks in some communities. Many have been killed, soldiers and other security agencies have been despatched to the affected areas. That's situation report for now.

7 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by kettykin: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Since civilians started cheering, supporting, and protecting militants at the risk of collateral damage when force is applied to fish them out.

Ask Borno Civilian JTF.
Only an inept, ineffectual, ineffective and inefficient army that would waste bullets meant for militants on unarmed civilians and unarmed protesters, no other military even in Cameroon or Chad does this

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Britboy(m): 10:51am On Jun 11, 2016
Leopardd:

Big olodo.
A very big one indeed!
That guy amuses me, not because he's funny, but because he's as dumb as fvck!

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2016
I suspect the gun shots are coming from the woods.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Shukuakukobambi: 10:52am On Jun 11, 2016
iykopy:
I'm in PH quite close to airforce base. The airforce guys simply are disturbing environmental peace with sound pollution buzzing from aging fighter jets in the guise of military reconnaisance.

However, some cultists in ikwerre local govt area have been shooting sporadically and beheading each other in a gang war. Some innocent people aren't spared as they unleash gruesome attacks in some communities. Many have been killed, soldiers and other security agencies have been despached to the affected areas. That's situation report for now.

I guess another arm of the avengers fighting to liberate the Niger Delta from buhari's cage cheesy

Niger Delta republic will indeed be fascinating!! I can visualize it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by cocoduck: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Let's obtain confirmation of this development first. This is expected, but I thought it would be after the 2 week ceasefire.

Based on recent events, the Niger Delta is now bound to have a taste of Buratai's forces. Too bad the Ibos that have been egging them on will be spared from the consequences of their support for terrorism.
you mean buruntashi
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Achuwa1(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2016
the Fg of Nigeria should forget about Niger Delta oil tht has beeen set out to be used to fund their 2016.
ppl shouldn't be worried about the Niger delta ppl but how & where the govt is going to generate money from to fund their planned budget coz its obviously clear to all tht the Niger delta has been the region funding the 5 other region tht make up the country. Since the bombing started we all can observe tht most state can no longer cope & very soon federal civil service workers might begin to cry like their state counterpart.
The Federal govt should start thinking of an alternative on how to fund their North East Developement Commisssion & how to diversify their economy coz its gudbye to Niger delta oyel.
i want to say a big thank you to all those tht voted APC & am so happy tht the country will no longer rely on oil anymore so tht we can begin to explore other means of generating revenue to run the country.

5 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by iykopy: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2016
Shukuakukobambi:

I guess another arm of the avengers fighting to liberate the Niger Delta from buhari's cage cheesy

Niger Delta republic will indeed be fascinating!! I can visualize it

Cultists are found in every part of the country.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Achuwa1(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2016
budget
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Shukuakukobambi: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2016
iykopy:

Cultists are found in every part of the country.

Of course my friend. Only that those found in onelga and ikwerre lga are the creme de la creme of the cultism business

Go to omoku and see their gallantry. Its not every time you see a bubbly town reduced to ghost status in the name of cult clashes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by militarily: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Let's obtain confirmation of this development first. This is expected, but I thought it would be after the 2 week ceasefire.

Based on recent events, the Niger Delta is now bound to have a taste of Buratai's forces. Too bad the Ibos that have been egging them on will be spared from the consequences of their support for terrorism.
and wen does fulani terrorists have their own taste of burantashi forces?

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2016
Apelex:

Heard from an air force personnel they are conducting an air Drill.. Since yesterday..

Nothing serious

Please oh, they shouldn't conduct any drill with those PAPER KITES

That was how in 2013 or 2014, one of the parked kites mistakenly shot a missile from the hangar without any fire command input by a fighter pilot. The missile flew out of the Airforce base and blew up a house at far away Woji. Fortunately the house was unoccupied at the time of the incident.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Guliver(m): 11:07am On Jun 11, 2016
am n pH,this air force jet been flying tru pH airspace for some days now.but cultist are on the loose,from aluu to rukpokwu is all tales of havoc cause by this miscreants. I stays n igruwuta,heard they sent notice to the community to get ready for their onslaught.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2016
Adminisher:

I suspect it is the Aluu, Ellen, Ahoada axis boys that are being cleared . The remaining part of 2016 is going to be interesting. I am almost sorry for Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa. Almost sorry.

Am also sorry 4 lagos most of u guyz alwaz dream of war u tink lagos wil go untouch if there's war u beta read the places militant said they wil atack
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Apelex(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Please oh, they shouldn't conduct any drill with those PAPER KITES

That was how in 2013 or 2014, one of the parked kites mistakenly shot a missile from the hangar without any fire command input by a fighter pilot. The missile flew out of the Airforce base and blew up a house at far away Woji. Fortunately the house was unoccupied at the time of the incident.

They are paper kites in deed...

Been making noise for days here now....

All I see are scraps flying around..saw one take of at the airport when the VP was around....
It looked like something carved out of clay..making so much noise than even the big commercial jets......
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by otokx(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2016
You guys should relax, reporting from Aluu, Choba, Alakahia and the University of Port Harcourt - all is calm, very peaceful as long as you are law abiding and at the right place at the right time.

We have not heard any gunshots in the past 3 days or heard about any violence. We have noticed 2 jets in the sky especially the white lines of cloud they leave behind in the cool of the day.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2016
arewaboy:
Lastl it was Maiduguri's turn and now it was Port Harcourt's.. PMB should deal with them decisively.

No terrorist organization will be treated favourably.
with your username it shows you are a boko haram. You illiterate should send your generation to proper primary school not Koran school.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Thewrath(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:

This is exactly how you never do wells led pmb into the mess he is today,why always calling out igbos,are they entirely the only ones supporting and cheering them?
What about those of us from ND and prominent right thinking Nigerians that are in support of true federalism...nonsense,if you want the oil,come get it!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by oganology33(m): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2016
I leave opposite Airforce base in PH. I've noticed military jets flying around. I actually saw one of dem on air flipping abt, flying around the base. Haven't heard gunshots tho. But I guess maybe itz a flight test or something.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Adedeji2012(m): 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2016
arewaboy:
Lastl it was Maiduguri's turn and now it was Port Harcourt's.. PMB should deal with them decisively.

No terrorist organization will be treated favourably.
Werey
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by ccwizard: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
The issue has been resolved and everywhere is calm now. Some ex-militants where not paid their allowances at the liberation stadium and as a result of that, they held a protest on Elekahia road destroying cars and robbing people of their valuables.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by QuotaSystem: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:

[s]Only an inept, ineffectual, ineffective and inefficient army that would waste bullets meant for militants on unarmed civilians and unarmed protesters, no other military even in Cameroon or Chad does this[/s]

QuotaSystem:

The consequences of supporting terror will be felt by its supporters, no question about it.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Pavarottii(m): 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
QuotaSystem:

By saying 'the innocent', are you referring to those who support and cheer the militants in terrorism, or those who hide them and deliberately refuse to fish them out from their communities?

The consequences of supporting terror will be felt by its supporters, no question about it. Ask Borno, nobody reminded them to quickly form a Civilian JTF.
Oga calm down. Am in PH here. It's only Jet moving around. Not 4 or 5. It has been doing dat 4 bout 3days now. No tension here. I no know where OP here gunshot ooo...
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by mich24(m): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
Well since early this week we've noticed the movement of jet at mornings or evening,it hovers round like 8 or 7times then disappears or lands back to it port,there is nothing serious happening,the way i see it i think they are on practice.
Sunnymatey:
Pls nairalanders in PH should update us with happenings around there.
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by meccuno: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
MyPWisINCORRECT:
There is serious warfare currently going on somewhere in Port Harcourt right now as there has been fierce gun battle and about eight Air Force Jets take off and landing in the past 30mins.

Can someone please update us on what's going on?

Lalastica, kindly do the needful.
the thing tire me......its like they want to attack our house here
Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by DaBullIT(m): 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
Best comment for today'

I have their names, they cheer militants , they hope militants bring the economy down , they boast about how terrorists have drowned 30 soldiers as opposed to the 3 reported by the media

but when it comes to news about soldiers raiding hometowns, they cry wolf , call on amnesty international, call on ICC and blame Buhari

If this news about aerial bombardment is true , It'll give me so much satisfaction

There's no clean war , there's anyways collateral damage , any innocent living in the vicinity , and still remains there is no longer innocent , as long , Niger Delta Avengers, MASSOB,IPOB,MEND are not ghosts , they are people they live with and see day in day out
QuotaSystem:

By saying 'the innocent', are you referring to those who support and cheer the militants in terrorism, or those who hide them and deliberately refuse to fish them out from their communities?

The consequences of supporting terror will be felt by its supporters, no question about it. Ask Borno, nobody reminded them to quickly form a Civilian JTF.

4 Likes

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by DaBullIT(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Because militants will carry a placard indicating they are militants ?
kettykin:

Only an inept, ineffectual, ineffective and inefficient army that would waste bullets meant for militants on unarmed civilians and unarmed protesters, no other military even in Cameroon or Chad does this

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by meccuno: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
NavierStokes:
I am Currently in port harcourt. The Airforce jets have been flying around for the past couple of days (2 days back) probably on reconnaissance IMO.

There are no militant camps within the city of port harcourt and possibly not many critical surface pipelines coursing the city ( except that going to bonny) So for people like Quotasystem who are expecting some sort of war, if there will ever be one, it can not be from within the city. All these goes to reveal the people who know nothing about the Niger Delta and just type nonsense from their bedrooms in a faraway land.

The airforce jet to me is a single jet on reconnaissance, I even took two videos from Thursday and Friday.

Ps: don't even bank on that piece of heavy WWII junk metal, flying subsonic to Perform magic if it ever gets to that.
am even ashamed of the Nigerian airforce......and I can bet you that its either a MIG,AlpHÀ jet or Donier air craft....when the worLd has gone F-15 and F-16. And these are the least........they should stop disturbing us with those irritating jet sounds

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by Lucasbible: 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
DaBullIT:
Best comment for today'

I have their names, they cheer militants , they hope militants bring the economy down , they boast about how terrorists have drowned 30 soldiers as opposed to the 3 reported by the media

but when it comes to news about soldiers raiding hometowns, they cry wolf , call on amnesty international, call on ICC and blame Buhari

If this news about aerial bombardment is true , It'll give me so much satisfaction

There's no clean war , there's anyways collateral damage , any innocent living in the vicinity , and still remains there is no longer innocent , as long , Niger Delta Avengers, MASSOB,IPOB,MEND are not ghosts , they are people they live with and see day in day out

E pain am. Niger Deltans haved turned Naijeria to Chicken Republic. No more salaries. Kikkikikikiki....i laugh in burantashi

1 Like

Re: Gunshots And Airforce Jets Currently Taking Over Port Harcourt Airspace by NavierStokes(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
meccuno:
am even ashamed of the Nigerian airforce......and I can bet you that its either a MIG,AlpHÀ jet or Donier air craft....when the worLd has gone F-15 and F-16. And these are the least........they should stop disturbing us with those irritating jet sounds

I saw the junk flying around and like you was ashamed. No wonder boko haram was bringing those things down to the ground with relative ease. I even get scared this thing doesn't malfunction and fall to the ground.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Appeal Court Fixes Date To Hear Abba's Suit Against Ganduje / Anambra: Buhari is not In Support Of Emergency Rule – Obiano / INEC Has Not Registered Any APC - Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.