Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,359 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62555 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by wasroq(m): 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
DavidAdeyemo:
This is the result of insensitivity on the part of the Government and again the schools are meant to mold the students and not otherwise. All these freedom of a thing should be limited so as not to infringe on other's. I think the state government should appeal the case,
they need to get it right before it will be too late.
‎‏.‏
PLS,how can a person's freedom of HIJAB be an infringement to the right of another? and expantiate further.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

The problem with u muslims is you all think everything is islam vs christiangringringrin

I am an Atheist.

Islam and christianity have nothing to do with Africa... You all can keep arguing foolishly about some foreign religion if it suits u...

Then mind your beliefs
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
The government should enforce a general uniform across all government owned schools. The size of hijabs should also be regulated. The government should also withdraw its funding from schools that seek to be exclusive because a school owned by the government must be all inclusive. Hijab is allowed in the UK so is Sikh's turban. I don't see how it those are offensive to anyone. I definitely can't see how hijab is offensive.

foladara777:
The first question that comes to mind is why the governor implemented a policy that is meant to cause rancour. Prior to this, students irrespective of religion were going to school peacefully and one man comes and tries to fix what's not broken.
Admittedly, the argument could be made that while hijab is a mandatory item for the[color=#000099][/color] Muslims' mode of dressing, choir robes and the likes are optional and designated for settings other than academic ones but this is where the Governor along with the Judge in question failed to apply foresight: what if in future, a religion or sect emerges whose dressing regulations include items that are offensive or inappropriate?? Would d governor have the moral justification to forbid that kind of dressing.
Lastly, what really irks the Christian body about this is that many of these schools were founded by Christian missionaries, bear identical names with their parent churches and were intended to promote the ideals of Christianity, how then will it appear when a girl with a flowing hijab represents St. Paul's Secondary school at a debate competition. The state is grappling with too many serious and urgent matters to add religious unrest to the list
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mark3009(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
ademoladeji:

One thing is clear, we are so divided along political and religious line. We have been coexisting long before now. The Muslims are know to be covering their head as that's a fundamental part of their religion. The Christians shldnt be having issues because it's been like that from time immemorial.

All I think is that this act is not condemnable but carries suspiciousness. It may have been driven by some elements with hidden agenda. Why just Osun? Why can't the CAN address this issue collectively?
Christians re not against muslims practising their religion as long as they don't try changing the modus operandi of recognizable public institutions.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
I know right. If your four year old child desires not to wear anything, you must let her be. Woe betide you if you ever force your 4 year old daughter to make her hair amidst rears.

Ermmm....WTF is your business with when a MUSLIM female should put on her hijab. Pray tell me, how hijab affects a four year old baby? Awon paranoid people oshi!

bukster:

Hijab may be part of the dressing of a Muslim woman but it is not part of the dressing of a Muslim girl. Hijab is a personal decision that should be made when girls hit puberty and not forced unto girls as young as 4 by their parents.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by anytexy: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
stephnie1:
Judges at times need to be tested for oshogbo weed.
I tell you. So, no dressing code again for public school. The judge hmmmmmm
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 3:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Was it funded by the government aka the people of Osun state?undecided

babajeje123:

This is so wrong my brother. Did you check the name of the school at all? It is a Baptist school before it was forcefully taken over by the Government. How will you feel if a Pastor is asked to come and preach on the assembly of a muslim named school?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
Coming from someone who would ensure that his kids go to church too, we will passtongue

Don't worry she aint nothing like your whorish mama.grin

codemaniacs:

why should I mind my beliefs when your dumbf:uck adults are trying to decide the future of poor kids that don't know what's going on angry angry

go and keep s:ucking that alhaji's d:ick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Posterity will never forgive forgive those who turned this into a big issue.

freeborn76:

The southwest is known for peace, harmony and tolerance. Aregbesola and his cohorts in Osun should not sow and unwanted seed in the Yoruba Nation, posterity will not forgive him and his generation. I don talk my yown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by ademoladeji(m): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
mark3009:

Christians re not against muslims practising their religion as long as they don't try changed the modus operandi of recognizable public institutions.

NOTED!!!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mikeapollo: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
montezz:

I posted here sometimes ago that the he-goat has buried all that is left of western education in the state and some idiots crawled outta dis caves to attack me. My alma mata {St. Margaret's Girls schl} has been turned into the something else thanks to that big fool. Aregbesola is a disgrace to all Ijesha people. Omo ale jatijati.

In fact, that Aregbesola is a complete idiot and a disgrace.
During my school days, there was nothing like this useless confusion. Even though my school was non-denominational, both Christians and Muslims had good religious harmony. Muslims and Christians took turns to say their prayers during assembly and it was fun.
Now, the stupid buffoon has planted religious crisis in the state and on the verge of causing a big confusion between Christians and Muslims,
This is the same useless fool that has not paid workers salaries for more than 6 months!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
K
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
I like he bolded

lafuria1:
The Muslims obviously don't care, they are not complaining, so why the whole fuss, if it's part of their religion, no problem

Let's see who will last. The Muslim wear hijab because it's part of their religion, mandatory on them, while the Christians children are forced to wear what they don't even wear to church to spite the Muslim, lol.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:55pm On Jun 14, 2016
Good for you. Woe betide you if your force ever your kids to follow anything! It doesn't have to be religionundecidedcheesy I mean anything!

Hypocrite!

codemaniacs:

wasted sperm like me... I'm an atheist... religion is for the weak hearted tongue tongue tongue
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Femi Makinde, Osogbo

Some students of Baptist High School, Adeeke, Iwo caused a stir among their colleagues as they appeared in the school in choir robes and other church garments.

Our correspondent, who visited the school observed that the students came late to the school around 8:35 on Tuesday and headed to their various classes as their colleagues hailed them for their courage.

Many female Muslim students of the school wore hijab on their uniforms and some members of the Christian Association of Nigeria are in the school to monitor the reaction of the teachers to the mode of dressing of their children.

No student was chased out of the classes for appearing in different clothes and all the students irrespective of their chosen uniforms are being taught by their teachers.

Earlier, Justice Jide Falola of the Osun State High Court had on June 3 given a verdict that Muslim students should be allowed to wear hijab in all public schools in the state because it was part of their fundamental rights.

The CAN had held an emergency meeting following the judgment and threatened that it would direct Christian pupils to start wearing choir robes and other religious garments to schools should the state government implement the judgement.

http://www.punchng.com/stir-osun-school-students-appear-church-garments/

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

why should I mind my beliefs when your dumbf:uck adults are trying to decide the future of poor kids that don't know what's going on angry angry

go and keep s:ucking that alhaji's d:ick lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*rolls eye*
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by montezz(f): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
mikeapollo:

In fact, that Aregbesola is a complete idiot and a disgrace.
During my school days, there was nothing like this useless confusion. Even though my school was non-denominational, both Christians and Muslims had good religious harmony. Muslims and Christians took turns to say their prayers during assembly and it was fun.
Now, the stupid buffoon has planted religious crisis in the state and on the verge of causing a big confusion between Christians and Muslims,
This is the same useless fool that has not paid workers salaries for more than 6 months!
Let those who want to wear Hijab to school go to government owned Muslim schools. Simple!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
It is you and your cohorts that are ani..mals. Hehe...even self acclaimed drug dealer has the audacity to call Muslims animalsshocked. This world must be coming to an endundecided

They will use that hijab. The Christians cam go ahead and wear their robes. Let's see who can sustain itgrin

ZUBY77:
This is the best news I have heard this year.

If we allow Muslims to promote their religion in public schools, we should be ready to allow other religions too.
Its high time we begin to tell these animals that Nigeria is a secular state.
If they don't like it, they should allow others to go.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Hugo7(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
I will like to see the children of the traditional worshippers next.....
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by eyinjuege: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
They are only enforcing their fundamental human right too, as entrenched in the constitution.

[/b]Let the traditionalists too start wearing their palm fronds to school in the name of fundamental human right.[b] We should all use the apparatus of Govt, that is meant to be secular, to promote our religions.

AMORC, Rosicrucians , Hindus and Buddhists, we are waiting for your own fashion parade to school.

Aregbesola and Justice Falola -- see your lives.

The state and country belong to all faiths. Nigeria and Osun state are not for Muslims and Xtians alone. We all have fundamental right that must be protected by the constitution. Thank God for Justice Falola's ruling.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're funny, but true. Sikhs too would be allowed to wear their turbans to school. I'm not sure anyone practices that in Nigeria though. S.U would be wearing their scarves and berets.
People should stop with all the drama though. Every uniform should be smart, clean and neat/well ironed. If the hijab and the choir robes are all that, then fine. They should get on with it.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
Stop commenting on issues you don't understand. Hijab is very different to a military uniform or a nun regalia.undecided

omojane91:

And have u ever seen any nun dressed in her regalia as a secondary school student where uniform is compulsory to the school? Why can't they say military people should put on hijab or dress in any religious attire in a formal assignment? Please, don't be sentimental. It's so bad. If he wants that, then he should have established Muslim secondary schools where hijab will be allowed as part of their uniform.
The governor is the worst the state has ever produced.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2016
saintdennis:

When engaging In arguments yes u do... especially relating to yoruba muslims v yoruba xtians (which is the argument he put 4ward)

You just sound bitter. And PLEASE I ain't a nigga.

The white men who enslaved our forefathers gave us that tag...and centuries later u and other ignorant black men still use that word to hail yourselves.

Bye slave.
Look into the mirror, and you'll see a slave that has been sucking the balls of a bearded terrorist from faraway middle east who died many centuries ago. The joke is on you fag0t.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
SUs can definitely wear a beret too

eyinjuege:

You're funny, but true. Sikhs too would be allowed to wear their turbans to school. I'm not sure anyone practice that in Nigeria though. S.U would be wearing their scarves and berets.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Innomach(m): 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
I don't know why I now have the feeling that by the the time Bubu is through with Nigeria, we are going to have similar scenario in the entire country.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
Like the way your mama sucked abicheesy

No wonder you are so full hatecheesy. Child of gate!
Alokendra:

Look into the mirror, and you'll see a slave that has been sucking the balls of a bearded terrorist from faraway middle east who died many centuries ago. The joke is on you fag0t.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
I agree with you. I hope that feeling doesn't kill you! Paranoid thing!

Innomach:
I don't know why I now have the feeling that by the the time Bubu is through with Nigeria, we are going to have similar scenario in the entire country.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
It is you and your cohorts that are ani..mals. Hehe...even self acclaimed drug dealer has the audacity to call Muslims animalsshocked. This world must be coming to an endundecided

They will use that hijab. The Christians cam go ahead and wear their robes. Let's see who can sustain itgrin

You have forgotten you are a Saint as long as you are not a Muslim. Even people deep in shit have the right to insult Muslims. Ode parapo
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
You have never make reasoned opinions in your life, as old as you are, I pity you.

UK has a very superior education in comparison to Nigeria yet they accept the use of Hijabs for muslim ladies and turbans for Sikhs.grin. So tell em which stvpid educational system are they trying to bastardiseundecided

There shouldn't be government owned Muslim or Christian schools. Let faith remain fvcking private!!!

joseph1832:
And this is how the bastardize education: by bringing their nonsense and self servicing religion into it.

The judge shouldn't have given that verdict in all fairness. It should have been made clear that students who want to where hijab, should go to muslim schools, where hijab wearing is allowed.

No state should even tow the line of allowing students wear their religious attire, because it can only spell doom.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
Eeyah, I hope the fear doesn't choke you to deathgrin.

Ermmm...why don't you Google USA statistics on mass shooters. Don't be surprised to find out most as in more than 99% never claimed to be Muslims.

Paranoid thing!tongue

Guyman02:

Yes, in a Muslim owned schools not public schools; it is Muslims who are intolerant with people who are ready to behead an ignorant Christian for blasphemy, what if a girl comes to school bra-less as in some cultures.

I am afraid that a Muslim mass shooter can enter a school and it will be easy to now sort out Muslims and non Muslims in a class for execution
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
I swear, you need to get psyche help asap
bimbo2k10:
This I have for seen earlier, the idea of Muslim wearing hijab to school is a new method of identifying none Muslims. Very soon attacks will be carried out against those children who are not on hijab thereby reducing the population of none Muslims in the state. Children are the leaders of 2moro they say, bt if care isn't taken, they will bring down all the children in the state, only the Muslims will be left. Xtians allover the world should go against this barbaric act, it's primitive, it's archaic. Woe unto Gov. Aregbesola and the chief of judge of osun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.