Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62560 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
So because some Muslim ladies have chosen not to wear the hijab means that I shouldn't abi. You get brain so? sad

[quote author=mikki123 post=46564361][/quote]
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mapet: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
saintdennis:

foladara777:
:
The first question that comes to mind is why the governor implemented a policy that is meant to cause rancour. Prior to this, students irrespective of religion were going to school peacefully and one man comes and tries to fix what's not broken.
Admittedly, the argument could be made that while hijab is a mandatory item for the[color=#000099][/color] Muslims' mode of dressing, choir robes and the likes are optional and designated for settings other than academic ones but this is where the Governor along with the Judge in question failed to apply foresight: what if in future, a religion or sect emerges whose dressing regulations include items that are offensive or inappropriate?? Would d governor have the moral justification to forbid that kind of dressing.
Lastly, what really irks the Christian body about this is that many of these schools were founded by Christian missionaries, bear identical names with their parent churches and were intended to promote the ideals of Christianity, how then will it appear when a girl with a flowing hijab represents St. Paul's Secondary school at a debate competition. The state is grappling with too many serious and urgent matters to add religious unrest to the list
Actually I have no qualms with students wearing the hijab but I like this your point of argument sha.

Govt's all over the world 'test run' a new policy first...see the reaction then Decide whether to fully implement it or not.

It's quite disappointing the governor didn't decide to shelve the idea or invest more time time into finding a middle ground (if that's possible) with CAN.

It's a democracy

Please let's not misstate things. Let's keep to facts;
1. There is no policy here and government has not implemented anything
2. Female Muslim students "added" Hijab to their dressing and Christians (CAN) protested. MURIC counter-protested and went to court and won.

What is now left is how this will play out.......

For me, the issue has laid out itself in simple terms
1. Let Muslim girls put on Hihab
2. Let Christian put on Choir robes and whatever they like

Whoever can sustain it, fine............

For God sakes let's lay this issue to rest for once and move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
You forgot to add that you are Omo Ale Yoruba. You would have been dead if Yoruba Muslims are as you have describedsmiley. You do have them in your family, don't you?

Omo Ale! Paranoid thing!

The Muslims in my family are not extremist. they do not water hijab to a formal setting. They are not suicide bombers. That's the difference between them and you - a terrorist
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mapet: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
montezz:

Let those who want to wear Hijab to school go to government owned Muslim schools. Simple!

There is no "government owned Muslim schools". All are government schools
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
Why did you edit my post?
joseph1832:
mynd44, this is violation of rule 2: Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or
wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

The emboldened bears testament to that.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
Like the way your mama sucked abicheesy
No wonder you are so full hatecheesy. Child of gate!
My momma is not a terrorist, sorry not a moshlem
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2016
I was right when I called you Omo Ale Yoruba

You are a liar, a very bad one. You arw not Yotuba and you can never be Yoruba. You can fvck off nowsmiley

Alokendra:

The Muslims in my family are not extremist. they do not water hijab to a formal setting. They are not suicide bombers. That's the difference between them and you - a terrorist
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by aboveu(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Osun Osun Osun State!!! where have you miss it?
School uniform of those days, boys and girls with cap and fine sanders/shoes. I believe Aregbesola knows all these thing is just being fanatic!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Lukay99: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
ZUBY77:
This is the best news I have heard this year.

If we allow Muslims to promote their religion in public schools, we should be ready to allow other religions too.
Its high time we begin to tell these animals that Nigeria is a secular state.
If they don't like it, they should allow others to go.

Please Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigerians are usually religious even though they don't really practice what they preach a very good example will be Christians preaching "tolerance of other faith" yet they refuse to let others (Muslims) practice their faith and yes wearing of the hijab is not just a dress mode but it's an act of faith mandatory for all faithful female Muslims in every public places "The Hijab is an act of faith" so refusing the hijab is like denying the Christians the right to practice one of the major mandatory acts of Christians Faith.

How come gay's and lesbians can't marry in your so secular Nigeria? I'm happy it was not a Muslim government that stopped gay marriage in Nigeria because if it was buhari, you would have been shouting "objection" Nigeria is a secular state, your hatred of the Muslim will always make you guys supports what your own Bible is openly against e.g covering of the head by female.
Some of you guys are now claiming we muslims in the SW are not tolerance of other faith. really!!! We muslims have had to tolerate the oppression of Christians directly and indirectly right from the very first day the Christian white colonial so called masters and their missionary partner set their foot in Nigeria they created a school system that only put one religion(Christianity ) into account while neglecting other faiths that were already in place (e.g Islam and traditional believe, etc). The schools uniforms only put Christians in to account when it was created.

We've had to give up our religious rest day (Friday) to go government jobs and schools yet we don't complain but Christians don't have to give up Sunday's for nothing we are not even asking you guys to give up your Sunday and we are not even asking to get whole Friday's off, all we are asking for is to be able to cover our own heads not yours, according to our our beliefs. Only god knows what our muslims fathers have had to go through just to get the schools to close at 1pm on Friday's in the past.

Christians always calls muslims intolerance when we are just demanding basic religious Rights that they as Christians themselves are already enjoying.

If I live in Nigeria and pay my taxes that is used in building public schools in Nigeria yet I'm restricted from attending the school that I indirectly paid for just because of my belief? Even in western countries hijab is allowed in public schools (secular society ) but in Nigeria we see the opposite, I think it's either mental slavery of our Christians brothers and sisters are suffering from after independence from the colonial rule or it's just their hatred for muslims.

Please Christians are more than welcome to put on whatever they want to wear schools and if they still want wear their colonial master uniform that's fine too but don't make it most for the muslims. In a truly multi religion society that really practice tolerance of all its religions then school informs should only belongs in the private schools not the other way around. This is a public school for God's sake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
You dey mind the mor.ons. Na here I dey for them
HaneefahRN:

You have forgotten you are a Saint as long as you are not a Muslim. Even people deep in shit have the right to insult Muslims. Ode parapo
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Innomach(m): 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
I agree with you. I hope that feeling doesn't kill you! Paranoid thing!

Anyway, since you agree with me, I hope it doesn't kill you too.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 4:28pm On Jun 14, 2016
May God govern your life the way Aregbesola is governing Osun. How many of you can say amen to that? Yeyenatu
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Neither does being a pastor has stopped pastors from rape, murder, lies and fornication.undecided

OLUWAFUNMISE:
Misplaced priority lipsrsealed
Islam and confusion goes hand in hand. Hijab cannot stop them from formication.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by saintdennis(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

Look into the mirror, and you'll see a slave that has been sucking the balls of a bearded terrorist from faraway middle east who died many centuries ago. The joke is on you fag0t.

Smh Mr slave. I was born and raised a Christian but I consider myself a liberal/moralist.

Now if u believe muslims are slaves 'sucking d ballz' of a bearded terrorist who died in FARAWAY MIDDLE EAST.

I then ask you where did christianity emanate from? And where did jesus die? You also indirectly reinforcing the label "SLAVE" upon ur sorry pathetic self.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by montezz(f): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
mapet:

There is no "government owned Muslim schools". All are government schools
Let everyone exercise their rights by wearing whatever they want to wear to schl then.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by montezz(f): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:
May God govern your life the way Aregbesola is governing Osun. How many of you can say amen to that? Yeyenatu
Lmao. Oya come and say Amen to this o
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Well, they don't make him onegrin
Olushauneddy:
This is the main reason why I won't regret calling Aregbesola " A Fanatic, An Extremist or Boko-Haram Follower

There are Religion Institutions and Educational Institutions...Let the ethics of both institutions remain in their institution. So that there won't be confusion in the state that belong to all faiths

Aregbesola and the Jugde are not worth being at the helms of the state affairs for whatsoever reason anymore.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
It is called sarcasm. Use your brain mister

Innomach:

Anyway, since you agree with me, I hope it doesn't kill you too.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Bla bla bla
akinsdotman:
[s]We have co-habited together as families, friends, & even as husbands and wives in SW before AREGBESOLA came to make nuisance of the age-long religious peace inherited from our progenitors and first sojourners.

****ODU'A must rise up to make sure the height of Islamic extremism, as well as imposition in any form of colouration and disguise should not cross to this side of the Niger, rather we should remain descent followers and tolerant progressives as we have always been since ages****

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. *****It is the opium of the people*****" --- KARL MAX[/s]
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by tatucci: 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
lol... why not ban uniforms totally..

but wat d christians are doing doesnt quite follow. to my little understanding, hijabs are not worn while going to church. it is dia way of life. they even wear it at home. do u wear ur choir uniform at home?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by HaneefahRN(f): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lukay99:

Please Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigerians are usually religious even though they don't really practice what they preach a very good example will be Christians preaching "tolerance of other faith" yet they refuse to let others (Muslims) practice their faith and yes wearing of the hijab is not just a dress mode but it's an act of faith mandatory for all faithful female Muslims in every public places "The Hijab is an act of faith" so refusing the hijab is like denying the Christians the right to practice one of the major mandatory acts of Christians Faith.

How come gay's and lesbians can't marry in your so secular Nigeria? I'm happy it was not a Muslim government that stopped gay marriage in Nigeria because if it was buhari, you would have been shouting "objection" Nigeria is a secular state, your hatred of the Muslim will always make you guys supports what your own Bible is openly against e.g covering of the head by female.
Some of you guys are now claiming we muslims in the SW are not tolerance of other faith. really!!! We muslims have had to tolerate the oppression of Christians directly and indirectly right from the very first day the Christian white colonial so called masters and their missionary partner set their foot in Nigeria they created a school system that only put one religion(Christianity ) into account while neglecting other faiths that were already in place (e.g Islam and traditional believe, etc). The schools uniforms only put Christians in to account when it was created.

We've had to give up our religious rest day (Friday) to go government jobs and schools yet we don't complain but Christians don't have to give up Sunday's for nothing we are not even asking you guys to give up your Sunday and we are not even asking to get whole Friday's off, all we are asking for is to be able to cover our own heads not yours, according to our our beliefs. Only god knows what our muslims fathers have had to go through just to get the schools to close at 1pm on Friday's in the past.

Christians always calls muslims intolerance when we are just demanding basic religious Rights that they as Christians themselves are already enjoying.

If I live in Nigeria and pay my taxes that is used in building public schools in Nigeria yet I'm restricted from attending the school that I indirectly paid for just because of my belief? Even in western countries hijab is allowed in public schools (secular society ) but in Nigeria we see the opposite, I think it's either mental slavery of our Christians brothers and sisters are suffering from after independence from the colonial rule or it's just their hatred for muslims.

God bless you. They are hypocrites, nothing more. They will call school secular, whereas all students sing and dance to their songs, they will come to school and be distributing bibles and preaching to students, God knows how many new testament bibles I was given. Then they turn back to call Muslims intolerant and inconsiderate, for wanting to use their hijabs

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
I was right when I called you Omo Ale Yoruba

You are a liar, a very bad one. You arw not Yotuba and you can never be Yoruba. You can fvck off nowsmiley

Hahahaha. Dolt, check my post history, and cover your unkempt bearded face in shame.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
saintdennis:

Smh Mr slave. I was born and raised a Christian but I consider myself a liberal/moralist.

Now if u believe muslims are slaves 'sucking d ballz' of a bearded terrorist who died in FARAWAY MIDDLE EAST.

I then ask you where did christianity emanate from? And where did jesus die? You also indirectly reinforcing the label "SLAVE" upon ur sorry pathetic self.

Dunce, I'm a free thinker for ya info. I'm only a slave to my instincts and reasonings. So, shove your slave rant up your Pathetic ass!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
mark3009:

They did not hand over the schools to the government. They government took over the schools after independence and no compensation were paid.

Bola ige took back the schools when he was governor of old Oyo state and compensations were paid ,if the compensation were adequate or if not all the missionaries got it is also debatable. Do you know that after then these missionaries have gone ahead to build more schools which they run privately? Don't n blinded by hate and be objective in your analysis
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omp Ale. I wear the hijab. The one you call a ragundecided grin

Paranoid do.lt!

Alokendra:

Hahahaha. Dolt, check my post history, and cover your unkempt bearded face in shame.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
Omp Ale. I wear the hijab. The one you call a ragundecided grin

Paranoid do.lt!

You've been heard terrorist, now BOUNCE!!!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2016

Christians do not question your act of faith. What they do not want is a public school multifaith school being used as a place for a public expression of faith.

How come gay's and lesbians can't marry in your so secular Nigeria? I'm happy it was not a Muslim government that stopped gay marriage in Nigeria because if it was buhari, you would have been shouting "objection" Nigeria is a secular state,

[/color]Christians have a wide range of opinions on a lot of issues. What I am sure is that the anti gay law was passed easily because 100% muslims pyshed for it. Muslims initiated it and the Christian president signed it to law

your hatred of the Muslim will always make you guys supports what your own Bible is openly against e.g covering of the head by female.

[color=#000099]
The so called colonial masters did not really set up the schools. Most if these schools were set up by christian missionaries with the tithes and offerings of Christians in order to educate poor africans. Whike the missionaries were ruling, the church was educating nigerians. Why didn't muslim countries fund the teaching of africans then? Why didn't they reach out to poor uneducated africans? Because they considered africans as perpetual slaves, even the arabic word for africans means a slave.. when evetually they began coming to africa, all they cared about is religious teachings and no scientific teaching. Till today, when you hear of a muslim charity, all their work is devoted to religious expansion only. Nothing holistic about them

[/color]If you want the friday?... please come and take it. We Christians do not need any day to practice our faith

Christians always calls muslims intolerance when we are just demanding basic religious Rights that they as Christians themselves are already enjoying. If I live in Nigeria and pay my taxes that is used in building public schools in Nigeria yet I'm restricted from attending the school that I indirectly paid for just because of my belief? Even in western countries hijab is allowed in public schools (secular society ) but in Nigeria we see the opposite, I think it's either mental slavery of our Christians brothers and sisters are suffering from after independence from the colonial rule or it's just their hatred for muslims.

[color=#000099]
There are muslim public schools in the state. You can go there. If you want the state to allow hijab in christian public schools just like your judge has ruled, then it means Christians shoukd also be allowed to dress anyjow they want in muslim public schools.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omo Ale Yoruba!

Alokendra:

You've been heard terrorist, now BOUNCE!!!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 4:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

They allowed it because Muslims like forcing their belief on others. An average Christian is not a fanatic. He will always put others into consideration. I am so sure that the school you mentioned allowed hijab because they wanted peace. It is not a propaganda that there are moves to islamise the country. Buhari said it some years back. Introduction of Sharia law into the constitution has passed second reading. So, it is a plain truth. However, I can assure you that it can't be possible.

I won't blame you for the way you reason because of what you just said, that introduction of sharia law into the constitution has passed second reading . I give up on you if you can say this .
Educate yourself my guy
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
codemaniacs:

The problem with u muslims is you all think everything is islam vs christiangringringrin

I am an Atheist.

Islam and christianity have nothing to do with Africa... You all can keep arguing foolishly about some foreign religion if it suits u...

Then what are you doing on this thread?
GERROURAHERE
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 4:57pm On Jun 14, 2016
doveda:
Omo Ale Yoruba!
Sod off you terrorist!
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
wasroq:
‎‏.‏
PLS,how can a person's freedom of HIJAB be an infringement to the right of another? and expantiate further.

This is not about HIJAB. Get it right.

It is about enforcing the fundamental human right of ALL FAITHS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.