Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,641 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62549 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Justpassingby2(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
They are only enforcing their fundamental human right too, as entrenched in the constitution.

Let the traditionalists too start wearing their palm fronds to school in the name of fundamental human right. We should all use the apparatus of Govt, that is meant to be secular, to promote our religions.

AMORC, Rosicrucians , Hindus and Buddhists, we are waiting for your own fashion parade to school.

Aregbesola and Justice Falola -- see your lives.

The state and country belong to all faiths. Nigeria and Osun state are not for Muslims and Xtians alone. We all have fundamental right that must be protected by the constitution. Thank God for Justice Falola's ruling.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

GBAM... Lobatan.. You have spoken well jawe... Abeg na which tooth paste you dey use
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2016
We know the number of atrocities the Northerners have used hijab to cause.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Charly68: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
CandyDiamond:
confusion in school, different colors of Hijab and Church robes, what a backward state shocked shocked shocked shocked
This s what you see where a leader is deaf to reasoning & blind to reality..perversion everywhere.i
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Charly68: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2016
CandyDiamond:
confusion in school, different colors of Hijab and Church robes, what a backward state shocked shocked shocked shocked
This s what you see where a leader is deaf to reasoning & blind to reality..perversion everywhere.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

No and that is beside the question I asked you. What I'm saying is CAN erred by saying students should go to school in CHOIR ROBES. instead of asking them to dress properly like a good Christian woman by for instance wearing head scrafs to school

This is where you get it wrong. Denominations in Christianity like Baptist, Methodist, CAC, MFM, Redeem etc have different mode of dressing, likewise other religion like Sango, Obata, Osun etc. But everybody drops their unique identity when it comes to public affairs except muslims.

School uniform was created by British who introduced formal education into the system and I could remember vividly how Mr Bello always beat my friend who always comes to school with traditional beads as at then just because he chose not to adhere to school's uniformity: may God punish me in double fold if I am lying here.

So get it right.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Toofan007: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

UNITY?
Do you know Yoruba History
Before Aregbesola - it was Oyinlola and Erelu Obada - Christian- Christian
Did you know that? Did Muslims shout

In 1979
Ondo - Ajasin/Omoboriowo - Christian/Christian
Ogun - Onabanjo/Soluade - Christian/Christian
Oyo - Ige/Afolabi - Christian/Christian
Lagos - Jakande/Jafojo - Muslim/Muslim
Presidency - Awo/Philip Umeadi - Christian/Christian

These were the people Yorubas voted for in 1979
Who has shown more tolerance?

Before 2011, no Muslim had ever been elected a Governor in Ogun
And the Muslims did not shout it is our turn
And they would have voted a Christians if he had been presented by ACN

in 2015, Christians said it was their turn in Lagos State,
did you hate the Christians then

Has there been anything that Christians wanted that Muslims had ever opposed?

And this is evidence of tolerance and unity?
Prior to the National Conference organised by Jonathan, there was a meeting by Yoruba "leaders"
There were 15 people present, at least 12 of them were Christians with 3 of them being pastors
Will Christians tolerate that?

Christians have been more blinded by religion than Muslims
It shows in your posts

Yoruba Christians who have lived in peace with Muslims are the first to abuse Muslims
Have Muslims ever attacked you?
Have Muslims ever abused you?
Oga, do you know Nigeria is a member of organization of Islamic states?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by CandyDiamond(f): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2016
The appeal court should restore the statue quo, muslims supporting this hijab wearing to public schools are blinded by their religion, Educational institution is not a ground for religious parade,it is a place for learning, muslims should also stop attending science classes because science teaching is not a way of life in Islam, if you want religious parade go to Islamic school.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ofemmanu1: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2016
Young03:
check them proper o

some may hide bomb in hijab
hijab and bomb are like lie mohd and femi adesina.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

You are being rude
Why do you think Muslims don't insult your leaders
It is not because we fear you

Why do you think Muslims don't write false history of Christianity
It is not because we fear you

There are gaps in the Biblical account of the history of Jesus, we don't filhl it up with derogatory stories

Anyway
For every 1 of your "evidence" of the plan to Islamise this country, I will produce 5 evidence of the plot to christianise the country
Let us begin
You are so funny guy. You can write anything & say anything about Jesus for all I care. You have right to your opinion & so I am. Fill in the gap between the history of the bible with your whatever, I don't care. The best I can do is to pray that God should open your eyes to know the truth. You see how angry you became when I wished I could pray that someone is Muhammad-like. Yours indeed is a religion of tolerance.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
Justpassingby2:

GBAM... Lobatan.. You have spoken well jawe... Abeg na which tooth paste you dey use

Na ''Pako'' -- chewing stick --i dey use ooooo. Washes brighter and it shows grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by madridguy(m): 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2016
The issue is not today my broda. I blame Aregbe for allowing this issue to escalate to this stage. The first day the principal flog the female student for covering her head, I think as a leader what is expected from Aregbe is to call for peace, the moment some islamic group stood up over the matter that was the day the Christians see the war as a collective war. Even here in Lagos both government/private student uses HIJAB but the way Osun Muslim groups approach this issue is what I don't like.

dustmalik:

Unlike the Christians and wailers, I expect you, as a Muslim, to have understood the situation before commenting. This has nothing to do with Aregbesola. Some Muslims took the case to court, and they got verdict in their favor.

By the way, there is nothing wrong in Muslims wearing Hijab to school. In fact, even in the US and UK, some Muslim pupils do it, and no one cares. It's just that here, the Christians are jealous, for only God knows why. By the way, how does a Muslim covering her head, disturbs a Christian in any way? These are non issues, yet we keep hammering on them.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
kascoman:
Christiians are the problem of this country. All their tricks to tarnish the image of Islam will not triumph by God's grace. What is christians problem for allowin muslims ladies to wear hijab on their uniforms after all it wasn't compulsory for all students to so. Christians are in govt muslims schools and they r nt covering their heads.

Are you ok at all?

Is the bone on contention about wearing of hijab? If your girls are allowed to wear the religious dress on a public property, what moral justification does ANY GOVT or RELIGIOUS BODY have to question others that are simply exercising their fundamental human right, as entrenched in the constitution.

Is that a crime?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by madridguy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
Bless Jah we are on same page this time around. grin grin grin

Ahmeduana:

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WILL READ YOUR COMMENT AND I WILL BE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH YOU.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2016
Young03:
check them proper o

some may hide bomb in hijab

Or bombs in their speech and writings grin
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by funstufz(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Finally, this people are succeeding in their plans to create diversion and cause confusion..........

As if this is the only state in the world
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by CandyDiamond(f): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

This is where you get it wrong. Denominations in Christianity like Baptist, Methodist, CAC, MFM, Redeem etc have different mode of dressing, likewise other religion like Sango, Obata, Osun etc. But everybody drops their unique identity when it comes to public affairs except muslims.

School uniform was created by British who introduced formal education into the system and I could remember vividly how Mr Bello always beat my friend who always comes to school with traditional beads as at then just because he chose not to adhere to school's uniformity: may God punish me in double fold if I am lying here.

So get it right.
Religion should be kept out of formal education system, wonder how a science teachers nowadays will be teaching theory of evolution, Big bang theories, with all this religious buohaaha everywhere, sure say they not kill the teacher shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by foladara777(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2016
The first question that comes to mind is why the governor implemented a policy that is meant to cause rancour. Prior to this, students irrespective of religion were going to school peacefully and one man comes and tries to fix what's not broken.
Admittedly, the argument could be made that while hijab is a mandatory item for the[color=#000099][/color] Muslims' mode of dressing, choir robes and the likes are optional and designated for settings other than academic ones but this is where the Governor along with the Judge in question failed to apply foresight: what if in future, a religion or sect emerges whose dressing regulations include items that are offensive or inappropriate?? Would d governor have the moral justification to forbid that kind of dressing.
Lastly, what really irks the Christian body about this is that many of these schools were founded by Christian missionaries, bear identical names with their parent churches and were intended to promote the ideals of Christianity, how then will it appear when a girl with a flowing hijab represents St. Paul's Secondary school at a debate competition. The state is grappling with too many serious and urgent matters to add religious unrest to the list

4 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
religeous cold war among yorubas. which will finally b d dominant religion in the region ?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mark3009(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
jhidey08:
this is the most insanely idiotic thing I've read on Nairaland this year, what happened to d idea of building a good foundation, if u don't teach ur child how to dress modestly when she's small is it when she grows in2 an adult they'll teach her? Ur parents should have allowed u to reach puberty stage b4 allowing u to decide whether u'll go to school or not.
So does that mean Muslims who do not wear hijab because they are in the military or police force are not decently dressed? There is something called official dress code and it is different from private dress.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by saintdennis(m): 3:15pm On Jun 14, 2016
foladara777:
The first question that comes to mind is why the governor implemented a policy that is meant to cause rancour. Prior to this, students irrespective of religion were going to school peacefully and one man comes and tries to fix what's not broken.
Admittedly, the argument could be made that while hijab is a mandatory item for the[color=#000099][/color] Muslims' mode of dressing, choir robes and the likes are optional and designated for settings other than academic ones but this is where the Governor along with the Judge in question failed to apply foresight: what if in future, a religion or sect emerges whose dressing regulations include items that are offensive or inappropriate?? Would d governor have the moral justification to forbid that kind of dressing.
Lastly, what really irks the Christian body about this is that many of these schools were founded by Christian missionaries, bear identical names with their parent churches and were intended to promote the ideals of Christianity, how then will it appear when a girl with a flowing hijab represents St. Paul's Secondary school at a debate competition. The state is grappling with too many serious and urgent matters to add religious unrest to the list

Actually I have no qualms with students wearing the hijab but I like this your point of argument sha.

Govt's all over the world 'test run' a new policy first...see the reaction then Decide whether to fully implement it or not.

It's quite disappointing the governor didn't decide to shelve the idea or invest more time time into finding a middle ground (if that's possible) with CAN.

It's a democracy
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by mark3009(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

All public schools belong to the public, the missionaries lost the ownership the moment they handed over the schools to the government after being compensated.
They did not hand over the schools to the government. They government took over the schools after independence and no compensation were paid.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by djmadridal: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

That is the INTOLERANCE Im talking about ,if Muslims decide to cover themselves up in hijab in a public school why are the chritians pained?

They are not pained. They are expressing their concern that missionary schools can not allow some people to take away their legacies from them. Baptist school is a missionary school.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2016
saintdennis:

Ur rebuttal is an embarrassment to literacy and christianity.

He made his points and backed it up with examples.

You used a scattergun approach and DID NOT EVEN MENTION ONE example.

Really disappointing.

U could have used the massive vote for mko/kingibe as a example that xtians also don't cry foul unless something is fishy

Instead u chose market woman strategy

Hahahah..example of your blood sucking activities you mean. Nigga, do you really need examples? hahahaha....this is very funny. Imagine. Supplying you with the atrocities attributed to your religion of piss is nothing but a waste of time.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
You forgot to add that Britain allows Hijabundecided
Ephemmm:

So get it right.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by glossy6(f): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
lafuria1:

Hahaha, did the Muslim stop the Christians from dressing their children in the lords way, I ask again did the Muslim insist Christians shouldn't dress the way their religion asked them too?
It's the tolerant Christians like you who don't want Muslim to wear hijab to school because
I'm thinking, even in the Christian faith schools, they wear school uniforms not church robes, you guys like disobeying God, too bad.

And in Christian Faith Schools, your Muslim girls will wear uniforms, not hijabs. My ex Muslim boss had to bear Maxwell in order to attend a Christian Faith School.

Lets remain impartial in our judgment.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by saintdennis(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

Hahahah..example of your blood sucking activities you mean. Nigga, do you really need examples? hahahaha....this is very funny. Imagine. Supplying you with the atrocities attributed to your religion of piss is nothing but a waste of time.

When engaging In arguments yes u do... especially relating to yoruba muslims v yoruba xtians (which is the argument he put 4ward)

You just sound bitter. And PLEASE I ain't a nigga.

The white men who enslaved our forefathers gave us that tag...and centuries later u and other ignorant black men still use that word to hail yourselves.

Bye slave.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by djmadridal: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

But Muslim girls wear Hijab in the North and that has not led to war

If you believe in peace, you let your neighbours be
Muslims have never opposed Christians desire, have they?
why should there be war because Muslims want something

Let me ask - which one is more intrusive
My wearing Hijab
Or your holding a fellowship that keeps me awake at 3am?

Or u waking me up for your early breakfast by 3am before embarking on your fast?

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2016
You forgot to add that you are Omo Ale Yoruba. You would have been dead if Yoruba Muslims are as you have describedsmiley. You do have them in your family, don't you?

Omo Ale! Paranoid thing!

Alokendra:

Hahahah..example of your blood sucking activities you mean. Nigga, do you really need examples? hahahaha....this is very funny. Imagine. Supp :-Xlying you with the atrocities attributed to your religion of piss is nothing but a waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by djmadridal: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
Aregbesola would be impeached.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by doveda: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, a school funded by the government i.e by the people. In fact, the government should withdraw all findings for faity based schools whether Muslims or Christiansundecided

djmadridal:

They are not pained. They are expressing their concern that missionary schools can not allow some people to take away their legacies from them. Baptist school is a missionary school.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.