Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Osun Students Appear In Church Garments - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments (62548 Views)

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Commotion In Osun School As Students Appear In Church Robes And Hijabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Bethelwealthy(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
........no time to check time, if u want big problem, cone and "take" it. I Salute Osun CAN.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by jhidey08(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

My brother you and other parents should worry about the inward look not outward.
Teachers are meant to mode these children positively.
I am sorry to say this SOME Muslims like courting trouble.
Most children stay in school officially from 8-2 or 3pm which is about 5-6hours out of 24hours angry
After that if you wish tell their lesson teacher or while they are at home to wear it all through.
I mean if Christians wear scarf and Muslims wear Hijab then what is the place of our religious bodies.
Back in those days when we were in school, the headteacher or headmistress as it is called then will tell everyone not to wear anything on their body be it any form of rosary or charm.
This is to avoid discrimination. Everybody sees each other as one and it was cool. cool
It was very peaceful back then but what do we have now?
Nigeria is a secular state let us stop looking for trouble where there is none.
Let's apply wisdom and may the Almighty see Us through.
so what u're insinuating now is dat religious practices should only b restricted to our places of worship. D above analysis u made up there about d number of hours children stay in school is off point. I'm an educationist and I know Wot I'm talking about. Now lemme analyse is for u, dey stay in sch from 8-2= 6hrs, 2-4 (prep), 4-6 probably their parents are still in d shop or work place, 4rm 6pm-9pm dey're all at home=3hours, most bed tym is 9 or 9:30pm, during this 3hrs children are mostly in their rooms o. They sleep 4rm 9pm-6am=9hrs, b4 preparing 4 sch again. Now tell me, where do dey spend most of their time?
Covering their hair is d issue here, and using scarf or veil 2 cover it might not b civil enough, hence d recommendation of d Hijab.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

I wish you are intelligent enough to argue your point without being insultive. The aforementioned school is a Christian named school. That is the school identity. And yes, thank you for advising me to be Christ-like. How I wish I could advice you to be Muhammad-like. Christians will definite talk if activities of any leader tend to islamize the country. You goirself know that that is the ultimate goals of you guys

You are being rude
Why do you think Muslims don't insult your leaders
It is not because we fear you

Why do you think Muslims don't write false history of Christianity
It is not because we fear you

There are gaps in the Biblical account of the history of Jesus, we don't fill it up with derogatory stories

Anyway
For every 1 of your "evidence" of the plan to Islamise this country, I will produce 5 evidence of the plot to christianise the country
Let us begin

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by breakeven: 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
The hand work of Aregberascal. grin grin
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

UNITY?
Do you know Yoruba History
Before Aregbesola - it was Oyinlola and Erelu Obada - Christian- Christian
Did you know that? Did Muslims shout

In 1979
Ondo - Ajasin/Omoboriowo - Christian/Christian
Ogun - Onabanjo/Soluade - Christian/Christian
Oyo - Ige/Afolabi - Christian/Christian
Lagos - Jakande/Jafojo - Muslim/Muslim
Presidency - Awo/Philip Umeadi - Christian/Christian

These were the people Yorubas voted for in 1979
Who has shown more tolerance?

Before 2011, no Muslim had ever been elected a Governor in Ogun
And the Muslims did not shout it is our turn
And they would have voted a Christians if he had been presented by ACN

in 2015, Christians said it was their turn in Lagos State,
did you hate the Christians then

Has there been anything that Christians wanted that Muslims had ever opposed?

And this is evidence of tolerance and unity?
Prior to the National Conference organised by Jonathan, there was a meeting by Yoruba "leaders"
There were 15 people present, at least 12 of them were Christians with 3 of them being pastors
Will Christians tolerate that?

Christians have been more blinded by religion than Muslims
It shows in your posts

Yoruba Christians who have lived in peace with Muslims are the first to abuse Muslims
Have Muslims ever attacked you?
Have Muslims ever abused you?
Your post is a good comic relief.
Very spurious correlations - all full of lies.
Have Muslims attacked anyone? you kidding. I know what these blood sucking extremist are capable of.
The same I condemned university preaching and some churches with their blazing speakers is the same way I condemned this.
I've seen what the two regions are made of. I'd rather die than be a moslem, I mean terrorist.

I'm done with you before you detonate one bomb here
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by wadetaw202: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

All of you castigating Muslims in this issue are ignorant and as usual are blinded by hate for a governor and his party instead of analysing matters objectively.

The intolerance of osun Christians caused all this. Everyone knows that hijab is part of the dressings of a Muslim woman ,just like it is expected that Christian women cover their hair instead of this unnecessary show of shame by the osun Baptist they can enforce covering of hair by Christian women instead of asking them to wear choir robe to school. Is choir robe part of Christian dress?
Government school belong to everyone Muslim Christian traditionalists and as such no one can deny any student the right to dress properly .The worst those Christians can do is reclaim the schools back from government or create new ones for Christians only.
Have any of you noticed the similarity between hijab and what Catholic nuns wear?

You are wrong!

Hijab is not part of the dressing of a Muslim; hijab is part of the dressing of the people from the Arabian countries, where Islam originated from. Hijab wearing is part of their tradition and culture. Hijab is not related in anyway to religion. It is just that you Nigerian Muslims are so unreasonable. Even Jesus' mother, Elizabeth, Mary Magdalene, etc (all of whom were Christians) all wore hijab because it is part of their culture and not because it is attached to any religion. You can only foooool yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

Your post is a good comic relief.
Very spurious correlations - all full of lies.
Have Muslims attacked anyone? you kidding. I know what these blood sucking extremist are capable of.
The same I condemned university preaching and some churches with their blazing speakers is the same way I condemned this.
I've seen what the two regions are made of. I'd rather die than be a moslem, I mean terrorist.

I'm done with you before you detonate one bomb here

Don't quote out of context - you spoke about Yoruba unity
My challenges are confined to Yoruba history as you can see from the voting history

That said, for every lie you point out, I will pay you N1,000
Let the Moderators take note

I am a Muslim, I am not fooling around with my integrity

And you are the one that cannot stand the truth
You know why?
The history of Christianity is blood-soaked

Were Muslims so violent, there would be no living soul in this country

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by louqas: 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2016
babajeje123:

I wish you are intelligent enough to argue your point without being insultive. The aforementioned school is a Christian named school. That is the school identity. And yes, thank you for advising me to be Christ-like. How I wish I could advice you to be Muhammad-like. Christians will definite talk if activities of any leader tend to islamize the country. You goirself know that that is the ultimate goals of you guys

You started the insult
St Anne's is a public school in ibadan and Muslim girls there wear hijab ask anyone that knows. The point is the schools are now public schools irrespective of their name . Haven't you heard of Christians going to schools like ansar ud deen, ahmadiyya etc ?
Why are the Christians using "propaganda" of someone trying to islamize a nation ,isn't that a sign that Christianity has lost it?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by ademoladeji(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
omitade01:

The simple question is why did the government altered the status quo. But my brother i beg to disagree that if students were left to wear what they like according to their faith, trados does not av a specific dress as to palm fround u mentioned obatala worshipers may decide to appear in the school with completely white esiki wit abetiaja while a sanpona worshiper decides to tie sanpona chain to school the worst part of it is the sanpona chain mustnt come in contact with someone that had not been himunized to it. It may be worst than ebola. Ppl simply dont know how bad ds policy is but i pray it wont lead us to situation where students ll be tieing bante and olohunde to school. All ds av mentioned are deadly but according to our faiths it is acceptable

One thing is clear, we are so divided along political and religious line. We have been coexisting long before now. The Muslims are know to be covering their head as that's a fundamental part of their religion. The Christians shldnt be having issues because it's been like that from time immemorial.

All I think is that this act is not condemnable but carries suspiciousness. It may have been driven by some elements with hidden agenda. Why just Osun? Why can't the CAN address this issue collectively?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by TeamSimple(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alokendra:

The life of a Muslim is already in shambles before. My hating needs not affect them.
What kind of life do you expect of someone who derides joy in wrapping bombs and detonators all over his body?

please don't make me laugh. Muslim life indeed
how is their life in shambles, coz you said so?
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by kascoman: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
Christiians are the problem of this country. All their tricks to tarnish the image of Islam will not triumph by God's grace. What is christians problem for allowin muslims ladies to wear hijab on their uniforms after all it wasn't compulsory for all students to so. Christians are in govt muslims schools and they r nt covering their heads.
Omoluabi16:
I shame for nigerian Muslims. Na only them sabi their religion, only them know when blasphemy has occurred. Aregbesola is a total disappointment. Osun is enjoying relative peace, and this mad man is trying to cause a religious divide which may snowball into a crisis. Kudos to the Christians! Nigeria belongs to all, not some blood sucking people.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2016
breakeven:
The hand work of Aregberascal. grin grin
Good for you
Christians can say anything, abuse without restraint
It is inherent in the religion

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by alaskido(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
The school name is BAPTIST HIGH SCHOOL which signifies it is meant for Christians. So what are Muslim students doing in such a school. Why cant they attend their own Muslim schools. I for one as a Christian cannot attend a Muslim school because I do not understand their doctrine and cannot read the Quran. I believe they do morning devotion and Religious Knowledge.

Aregbesola, you are a very confused governor.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Ephemmm: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2016
lafuria1:

Hahaha, did the Muslim stop the Christians from dressing their children in the lords way, I ask again did the Muslim insist Christians shouldn't dress the way their religion asked them too?
It's the tolerant Christians like you who don't want Muslim to wear hijab to school because
I'm thinking, even in the Christian faith schools, they wear school uniforms not church robes, you guys like disobeying God, too bad.

Public school is not a religious organization: anyone can establish their private school to suits their religions.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

What lives?
How do Christian pupils dress in private Christian schools?
How do Muslim pupils dress in private Muslim schools?

How do Muslim girls dress when you see them in the market, shops etc on Saturday?
How do Christian girls dress when you see them in the market, shops etc on Saturday?

The way people dress in places where they are not constrained tell you what is really important to them

Muslims believe that the Hijab is compulsory everywhere
So let them wear it everywhere, including schools

If Christians, Rosicrucians, Ogun followers so believe, let them wear the thing
No problem

Are you guys not talking about restructuring to free people?

How Muslim ladies dress is not anybody's bone of contention here.

The Xtians were simply exercising their fundamental human right on a public property,as entrenched in the constitution? What is the crime in that? If they insist that sutana, fila isegun, robe etc is their fundamental right so be it.

Or are you the one that will determine the dress mode of other religions too?

We are waiting for children of Traditionalists to conduct their fashion parade it, in the name of "fundamental human right", in line with Justice Falola' verdict.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2016
kascoman:
Christiians are the problem of this country. All their tricks to tarnish the image of Islam will not triumph by God's grace. What is christians problem for allowin muslims ladies to wear hijab on their uniforms after all it wasn't compulsory for all students to so. Christians are in govt muslims schools and they r nt covering their heads.

Someone said
The greatest fear of CBN Governor is that somebody may be happy
The greatest fear of Christians is that something may be good for Muslims

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by SuperS1Panther: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

Just like I mentioned everyone knows that it is accepted in chritianity for women and girls to cover thier hair, if can has said all female Christians should cover their hair to school no one will question that but asking them to wear choir robes to school is the height of irresponsibility and intolerance. It's a known fact that most Christians dress indecently and immorally while CAN looks on , now is the time for them to start a campaign for Christian ladies to dress properly instead of blaming Islam .

See, I do not have the time to be replying your frustrated expletives.
I care less about the foreign religions from the ever tumultuous middle east.

The bottom line is it is not only Xtians and Muslims that are in this country and all faiths must exercise their right on a public property.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Omoluabi16(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
kascoman:
hahahah..cry me a river. Tricks you say? we're not the one killing people worldwide because we want to 'defend' our god. you're deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

But Muslim girls wear Hijab in the North and that has not led to war

If you believe in peace, you let your neighbours be
Muslims have never opposed Christians desire, have they?
why should there be war because Muslims want something

Let me ask - which one is more intrusive
My wearing Hijab
Or your holding a fellowship that keeps me awake at 3am?
I don't have any problem with a muslim wearing anything. Hijab shouldn't be allowed in a Christian named schools. They have their foundations in Christianity. Nigeria is a secular state and as such, no policy should favour a religious sect.
If some group of people are choking you up with their vigil, sue them. You have a right to do that. If you don't want, then bear it as I'm bearing the pain of been woken up by the noise of my mulsim neighbours when they want to eat Sari.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Owliver(m): 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2016
religion. clash of knowledge. religion has done more harm than good.
indeed, an opium of the poor
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by GWMI(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2016
actright2:
CAN will soon get tired of this.
Are the CAN leaders also tired of opposing El Rufai's religious move move in Kaduna?Christians all over the world will never stop speaking the Truth until you muslims change from your barbaric ways.This is the truth.Thanks.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Owliver(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2016
kascoman:
uniform? please define uniform.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I shame for nigerian Muslims. Na only them sabi their religion, only them know when blasphemy has occurred.

If I abused (and because Islam forbids it, I would not) any leader of Christianity religion, they will talk about blasphemy
Infact speaking negatively about a pastor is regarding as "touching the anointed"
But Christians can abuse anybody!

Omoluabi16:
Aregbesola is a total disappointment. Osun is enjoying relative peace, and this mad man is trying to cause a religious divide which may snowball into a crisis. Kudos to the Christians! Nigeria belongs to all, not some blood sucking people.

The bloodsucking people are truly the Christians
time for you to learn

Google
Wars of Religion
Doctrine of discovery
Spanish inquisition
Jesus Killed Mohammed

This is how Christians (educated and in the presence of TV - you can imagine when there are no TV cameras) reacts when Jesus is attacked
But they abuse Allah all the time and want Muslims to exercise restraint

BTW - since Nigeria belongs to all, can we now slap all that insult Allah?
Kudos to Christians for the success of propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjTzPh2bn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

2 Likes

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by GWMI(m): 2:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
kascoman:
shameless you keep decieving yourself with Islamic deadly religion.Islam is worst than Christianity.Thanks.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by omitade01: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
ademoladeji:

One thing is clear, we are so divided along political and religious line. We have been coexisting long before now. The Muslims are know to be covering their head as that's a fundamental part of their religion. The Christians shldnt be having issues because it's been like that from time immemorial.

All I think is that this act is not condemnable but carries suspiciousness. It may have been driven by some elements with hidden agenda. Why just Osun? Why can't the CAN address this issue collectively?

Brother if CAN should address it generally it ll degenerate into other states, although its in other states already but it ll even deepen it. This is simple from years imemoria we have schools with their ethics and norms. My brother attended anglican comm osogbo while i attended ADS. We are from same family and because dr wasnt any inner motives everybody went his own way and by Gods grace we are all graduates. But when government started the stupid pklicy they were warnef against it buf mr governor wont listen. In the state we av purely christian schools purely muslim schools and neutral schools so parents choosed from the varieties, but midway mr governor jumbled and mumbled everything and now we are in serious dilema. Everybody had being saying all students shld cohabitate bit i dont see solution in that cos the day a traditionalist go to school wifh tortoise tied to his neck and he was rejected will be the day all schools on osun will go into flames. The simple solution is for the government to return to status quo or rather crossover students that are not willi g to stay in opposite faith to where they can follow their faith. It should be done voluntarily and aftet that there musntbe any mumbling on the issue by any parties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by dustmalik: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
madridguy:
Aregbesola will remain the useless governor Osun has ever produced. Is HIJAB our problem? You failed to pay salary yet you want to cause war in the State. I hope my Muslims brothers and sister will disown Aregbe with his useless step, both the Muslims and the Christian are hungry and the only thing you can thing of is legalizing HIJAB.

I urge the Sango, Esu, Ailala, Obatala, Osun worshipers too to go to school with their deties attires.
Unlike the Christians and wailers, I expect you, as a Muslim, to have understood the situation before commenting. This has nothing to do with Aregbesola. Some Muslims took the case to court, and they got verdict in their favor.

By the way, there is nothing wrong in Muslims wearing Hijab to school. In fact, even in the US and UK, some Muslim pupils do it, and no one cares. It's just that here, the Christians are jealous, for only God knows why. By the way, how does a Muslim covering her head, disturbs a Christian in any way? These are non issues, yet we keep hammering on them.

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by codemaniacs: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2016
K.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Alokendra(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

Don't quote out of context - you spoke about Yoruba unity
My challenges are confined to Yoruba history as you can see from the voting history

That said, for every lie you point out, I will pay you N1,000
Let the Moderators take note

I am a Muslim, I am not fooling around with my integrity

And you are the one that cannot stand the truth
You know why?
The history of Christianity is blood-soaked

Were Muslims so violent, there would be no living soul in this country
Pay me N1,000. Bwahahahahaha. Nigga, you're funny. Not everyone is as broke as you are. I have a very good job that most people will kill to have. I don't have the luxury of time to dissect your post and point out the flaws. Why should I even do that when you've painted the average muslin as a peace loving person when you and I know that you're a liar. every Muslim is a potential terrorist and a blood thirsty creature
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by babajeje123(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
louqas:

You started the insult
St Anne's is a public school in ibadan and Muslim girls there wear hijab ask anyone that knows. The point is the schools are now public schools irrespective of their name . Haven't you heard of Christians going to schools like ansar ud deen, ahmadiyya etc ?
Why are the Christians using "propaganda" of someone trying to islamize a nation ,isn't that a sign that Christianity has lost it?
They allowed it because Muslims like forcing their belief on others. An average Christian is not a fanatic. He will always put others into consideration. I am so sure that the school you mentioned allowed hijab because they wanted peace. It is not a propaganda that there are moves to islamise the country. Buhari said it some years back. Introduction of Sharia law into the constitution has passed second reading. So, it is a plain truth. However, I can assure you that it can't be possible.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by Omoluabi16(m): 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2016
BetaThings:

If I abused (and because Islam forbids it, I would not) any leader of Christianity religion, they will talk about blasphemy
Infact speaking negatively about a pastor is regarding as "touching the anointed"
But Christians can abuse anybody!

The bloodsucking people are truly the Christians
time for you to learn

Google
Wars of Religion
Doctrine of discovery
Spanish inquisition
Jesus Killed Mohammed

This is how Christians (educated and in the presence of TV - you can imagine when there are no TV cameras) reacts when Jesus is attacked
But they abuse Allah all the time and want Muslims to exercise restraint

BTW - since Nigeria belongs to all, can we now slap all that insult Allah?
Kudos to Christians for the success of propaganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOjTzPh2bn8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
typical muslim defense mechanism. You tell them their shortcomings, they tell you about 12ad and what happened 700years ago.I know about the Spanish/roman forceful conversion.The people who did it are long gone. Are the suicide bombings and killing pay back? someone, and I quote ur beliefs is just like the middle ages.
Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by BetaThings: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
GWMI:
Are the CAN leaders also tired of opposing El Rufai's religious move move in Kaduna?Christians all over the world will never stop speaking the Truth until you muslims change from your barbaric ways.This is the truth.Thanks.

The truth?
Every party to a dispute claims the truth

Barbaric - what is barbaric in a court judgement?
Because it does not favour you
Your reaction is what is barbaric
If you were not primitive, you would go to a higher court to upturn the order

If you were not primitive you would attend the public hearing in the Kaduna House of Assembly and plead your case

A pastor says
Revoke that law or Die!
and is hailed by the congregation does not respect the law

Christians need to understand rule of law and start obeying constituted authorities

1 Like

Re: Osun Students Appear In Church Garments by GWMI(m): 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2016
Apc leaders are giving people room to dislike them.How can you be pushing for Hijab in schools is the hijab the major goal of a student?I taught the school is to get knowledge and not running in Religious issues.Aregbesola is completely shameless only God will Judge him.Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / The New Means Students Use In Cheating During Exams (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.