Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee (20550 Views)

Jonathan Asks Makarfi, Sheriff To Step Down Over PDP Crisis / Goodluck Jonathan Addresses PDP Committee Led By Makarfi (Pics) / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by midolian(m): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2016

The caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) of hiring the ousted PDP chairman, Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, for the purpose of destroying the party.

Sheriff was removed as party chairman at the May 21 botched national convention of the party in Port Harcourt, where the caretaker committee was picked to take charge of the party’s affairs.
But Sheriff on Monday stormed the party headquarters and seized the secretariat from the caretaker committee. He has vowed to continue in office as chairman till December 2018.

At a media briefing held at a private residence on Tuesday, spokesman of the caretaker committee, Prince Dayo Adeyeye said the aim of the APC was to scuttle the chances of the PDP in the upcoming governorship election in Edo State.

He said, “The All progressive Congress (APC) has contracted Sheriff and his cohorts to scuttle the chances of the PDP in the Edo governorship elections.

“We have credible intelligence that Sheriff had a meeting on Sunday night with an APC governor from the Northwest where it was agreed that he would be given full security and financial support to exacerbate the crisis in the PDP with the objective of preventing the PDP from presenting a candidate for the Edo governorship elections, or in the very least, to prevent the PDP from offering a serious challenge to APC whose electoral fortunes have continued to nose-dive.

“What we are however very certain about is that Sheriff and his fellow renegades are being used by the enemies of the PDP to destroy our party and to prevent it from reorganizing itself so as to provide a credible opposition and alternative platform for the forthcoming Edo State gubernatorial election and the 2019 general elections.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-hired-sheriff-destroy-pdp-committee/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by GudluckIBB(m): 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2016
That means APC also paid fayose and Wike to Bring out Sherrif to become PDP chairman in the first place.

People talk without using their head.

Nonsense!

289 Likes 14 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Tonnierichy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
And what's wrong with that?

Shouldn't they give them credit for that?
Its called planning......a tactical way to cement their dynasty.

Besides the party is already finished. Jonathan made sure of that

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Emmanuel950(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Just negodu... cheesy tongue

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by edlion57(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
Apc are tooooo desperate. .....u don't even hv to tell us....ppl way der promise heaven and earth. ..jux to be in power and let der will blame gej

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by ademega(m): 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2016
I can't but laugh. dumbest thinking

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by druboon404: 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
I never knew Fayose and Wike are Apc members.....
I thought you guys were hailing Sheriff when Pdp were winning elections....
Even Tonyebarcanista sef open thread in support of Modu Sheriff as Pdp chairman..
Now they are all blaming Apc.
You guys think you can use and dump him after chopping his money...lol..
Na nefa chi chum chin..
"Aja Sheriff......Gberrraaaaaaaaaaa"

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by lafuria1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol, when they've lost, they start pointing fingers

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by midolian(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
With the way these people think, I think KOWA party stands a better chance in 2019 than them. cheesy

Stolen:
Buhari is forcing Chairman on us in PDP. We have rejected Sheriff.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Help! Someone's brain has been stolen cheesy cheesy

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by tejpot(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hmmmm..PDP is a party of intellects, come and see deep thoughts, one that is hard to cone by.

One can also infer that APC hired NDA to destroy Niger Delta.
edlion57:
Apc are tooooo desperate. .....u don't even hv to tell us....ppl way der promise heaven and earth. ..jux to be in power and let der will blame gej
To imagine that people also think like this makes me feel confident that Nigeria is blessed.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by seunlayi(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
When the wall is opened, the lizard will walk majestically into it

4 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by TeamSimple(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
so Fayose, Wike and ekweremadu also worked for the APC
PDP has been handed over to FOOLS.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Samexdx(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Wailers... They must surely say something grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by babyfaceafrica: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Failed party!!!!

8 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by lonelydora: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Whatever that brings down PDP is highly welcomed by me because that's the same way they brought down Nigeria.

Well, that's their cup of tea. We are busy fixing the mess they caused in Nigeria so we don't want any distracting news from PDP.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Stolen: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
Buhari is forcing Chairman on us in PDP. We have rejected Sheriff.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Exponental(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
...then the committee is a failure for allowing him return as a party chairman.

2 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Proffdada: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
How do you kill a dead party? undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by henrydadon(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
angry
bleeped up politics we practice in Nigeria

Apc
Pdp

Are both fighting for the same thing which is supreme power.

I stop paying attention to their cat and mouse fight a long time ago

1 Like

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by tukdi: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by chrisbaby24(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
No be only Hired...na Loan dem Loan am....mtcheeewwww...!!!!

12 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Hundreddegrees(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Lol...This our politicians sef, dem no go kill person grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Elbubs(f): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
They still don't know their problem.

7 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by ademoladeji(m): 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
PDP hired Saraki to destroy APC - Committee

12 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by kachola: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
pheeedeeepheee I de hail o.
Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by dridowu: 7:50pm On Jun 14, 2016
PDP Chair: Fayose calls on stakeholders to support Modu Sheriff

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has called on stakeholders to support the new National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, saying; “his emergence at this time is the best thing in the present circumstance and those aggrieved should sheath their sword and deploy their time and resources into fighting the All Progressives Congress (APC) instead of their own party.”

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the Governor said; “it is regrettable that those who abandoned the PDP to its fate when it lost power and did not say a word to defend the party have now found their voice against a decision taken in accordance with the party’s constitution.”

The governor who reiterated his commitment to the party, said; “With my antecedent as someone who have always defended the party, I can’t be linked with any decision that will not be in the best interest of the party. I therefore call on all my admirers and believers in my dogged fight for the revival of our party to support our new chairman, whom I believe has the required capacity to reposition the party.”

He described those linking the new chairman to the Boko Haram insurgents as mischief makers, asking; “Has Ali Modu Sheriff been tried and convicted by any court for sponsoring Boko Haram? Is he even being tried for involvement in Boko Haram activities?

“Even APC Senator Ali Ndume is being tried for allegedly making contacts with the Boko Haram sect 73 times and he is still the Senate Leader.

“Also, Ali Modu Sheriff and their ‘Saint Buhari’ are in-laws courtesy of his (Sheriff) son’s marriage to Buhari’s daughter and no one has called the President a Boko Haram sponsor by association. Or are they also saying President Buhari could have allowed his own daughter to marry the son of Ali Modu Sheriff if he was indeed a Boko Haram sponsor?”

While describing the emergence of Ali Modu Sheriff as constitutional, Governor Fayose said all stakeholders like the National Working Committee members, Governors, Senators, House of Representatives members, BOT members and others took part in the processes that produced the new chairman.

He said the party could only be repositioned when decisions of the party leaders are respected, calling on those aggrieved with the emergence of the chairman to be mindful of the supremacy of the party over and above other interests.

The governor reminded members and supporters of the PDP that “the party was in a peculiar situation and we need people who can stand up against these devourers of our collective heritage. I can say it confidently that Senator Ali Modu Sheriff is such a person and in the collective interest of our party, we should all rally round him.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/pdp-chair-fayose-calls-on-stakeholders-to-support-modu-sheriff/

11 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by stano2(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
hahahahhahahahahahhaha
Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by Zico5(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
These people be real mumu o. Apc hired sheriff or greed they worry all of u. Were u blind when u chose him as the chairman or Apc blindfolded u. thunder that will fire some of u PDP is still dancing skelewu. Greedy set of people.

8 Likes

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by project8(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
So apc enchant u to appoint him in d 1st place.pdp sef

1 Like

Re: APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee by MVLOX(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2016
So APC has infiltrated PDP abi..... Dis man must be higher dan the most high

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

24 APC Governors Dump Oyegun After Meeting With President Buhari / Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / Nigeria's Economy Was Better Under My Administration - Jonathan Replies Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.