Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (40960 Views)

All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2016
Corrupt governors will not agree

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by donsteady(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
I love this kind of change. Do you? Click like if you do

41 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by ephi123(f): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
3. Publish state budget online annually

4. Publish budget implementation performance report online quarterly

Smart move. Accountability is a key key requirement before Nigeria can move forward.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by justicejay(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2016
K
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by emmykk(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari want to continue to screw banks,if banks dont give out loan how would they profit to keep bank workers.

And i hope the federal govt would not borrow too.

Oya lagos,kano,imo,edo should lead this new polices.

Also FG should deduct state workers salaries at source from state account and pay directly to state workers account,this way monthly allocation will not gets spent without state workers not getting their salaries.

1 Like

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by sherif4owo(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
This will go a very long way to improve transparency in Nigeria. Federal government needs to do some of it's part too. This will go a very long way to reduce corruption at the state level, If they comply with it not just for the bailout fund but also beyond.

Who ever make up this list of conditions and seriously plan to enforce it, actually want the CHANGE to happen. Kudos

10 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by mandy4s: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Are we sure these states governors will agree to this bail out conditions.

If they do not agree to the conditions then they go and source funds on their own to run their state period! Abi they say the 3 tiers of government are independent? Failed states like Ekiti and Osun would be in deep mess.

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by DaBullIT(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
lol
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by justicejay(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
ajumobi, how far. Do you support this?

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by donchijoz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
if they will stick on that. corruption has over taken naija government
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by larrytopsy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2016
I believe in this Government. Things will surely become better

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Boss13: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is by far the most beautiful and important indirect policy action ever conceptualized by any government in this country and I am thoroughly impressed with Kemi (Minister of Finance) because it appears to be her initiatives.

On the other hand, this should not be applicable to bail out funds but also conditions precedent to qualify for monthly state funds because emprically most states in this country survive on monthly allocation from FG, no initiative, no innovation, just conduit pipes for spending and stealing.

These initiatives promotes good public sector accountability and governance. It also focus on public sector information disclosure which will enable citizens ascertain what their governors are doing with state funds. In the long run, it will enable states to access a wide range of funds from international markets and God bless them that they use such funds for private aggrandizement, they will only succeed to bankrupt their states and be disqualified in the future.

I am very very happy with this and it is a welcome development. Also, the FG must do the same in terms of disclosing information.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by freeborn76(m): 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fayose CANNOT meet these conditions, quote me.

12 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by OnankpaBa(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
hmmm
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by OnankpaBa(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
grin grin grin
freeborn76:

Fayose CANNOT meet these conditions, quote me.

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by BMZK: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:

Kaduna state is on track.
El. Rufai is setting the example: check their webstite.

http://mobp.kadgov.ng/

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Crieff(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
Stamped!

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Goke7: 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
These conditions is like going to the cross like Jesus Christ to die for the sins of many. This is surely an acid test for the governors, watch out how politics will come into play especially from the pdp governors.

9 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Gazzy88(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
Anyone that says Kemi Adeosun isn't performing should be slapped. God knows we are heading to the right directions.

11 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by chukzyblingz(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
Boss13:
This is by far the most beautiful and important indirect policy action ever conceptualized by any government in this country and I am thoroughly impressed with Kemi (Minister of Finance) because it appears to be her initiatives.

On the other hand, this should not be applicable to bail out funds but also conditions precedent to qualify for monthly state funds because emprically most states in this country survive on monthly allocation from FG, no initiative, no innovation, just conduit pipes for spending and stealing.

These initiatives promotes good public sector accountability and governance. It also focus on public sector information disclosure which will enable citizens ascertain what their governors are doing with state funds. In the long run, it will enable states to access a wide range of funds from international markets and God bless them that they use such funds for private aggrandizement, these will bankrupt their states.

I am very very happy with this and it is a welcome development. Also, the FG must do the same in terms of disclosing information.
Is this a better option than True Federalism? This is like assigning more power to the center. Buhari is looking for a way to reduce power of governors.

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Wolexdey(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
Any state Governor who is not ready to comply with the conditions listed above is simply an enemy of the People and enemy to accountability and sustainability of state funds.

Let the governors buckle up...We don't want lazy people in governance carrying about potbellies filled with stolen money.

Many Thanks to Fg.

9 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by meltiplexer: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:

they don't have choice since they can't borrow money from the bank again,they will have to agree noni if they want to continue paying their works salary.

I need to keep making money for with my naijabet account,i don't like collecting load o

3 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by amazingspiderma: 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Boss13:

These initiatives promotes good public sector accountability and governance. It also focus on public sector information disclosure which will enable citizens ascertain what their governors are doing with state funds. In the long run, it will enable states to access a wide range of funds from international markets and God bless them that they use such funds for private aggrandizement, these will bankrupt their states.

Oga,me I go happy pass you if this thing go work.

3 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Odogwuskido(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bailouts are meant for ailing companies and not states. States should generate their income cos they are part of the federating unit. These entity is not working!
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by babdap: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
I hope some reasonable wailers will praise the Minister of Finance of once if not for anything but for this condition for giving some State Governor's loan.

7 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by siraj1402(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Now fayose, how market on TSA?

5 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by 1trillionlikes: 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
A very welcome development.... If they fail to comply..... Allocations should also be delayed till they do..... After all they are not using the allocation to do the most important thing which is to pay workers

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Ajibel(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
Great move. I wish this conditions can be extended to FAAC

I'm asking for too much grin grin
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by stonemasonn: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2016
If you hire an expert in finance as commissioner of finance you can implement all the conditions and still detect loopholes to use for your personal enrichment. But anyhow corruption will still be greatly reduced.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by jaybee3(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
shamecurls:
In my opinion, I think states should be auctions. Dangote can afford to buy-off and manage the South-East and South-South while Tinubu can buy-off the West and IBB and Atiku can do a joint venture and buy the whole of the North. These businessmen can automatically own and manage these regions if an agreement is reached with the Federal government

grin grin grin

Effectively owning you and your rights ba? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by CyerSeries: 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
The thing is that no State can meet these requirements so, its as good as saying no bailout again and owed workers will still go home without salary.. Regionalism or fiscal federalism is the way to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Reshuffles Senate Committees, Tinubu, Marafa Get “juicy” Post / Photos Of Fayose At Inauguration Of Atiku/Obi PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.