Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (40961 Views)

All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by minwafor: 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
Lead by example. The federal government has not implemented many of these conditions, how does it expect 'broke' states to carry out all this. Anyway, he who pays the piper detects the tune.

However, I am totally against the ban on borrowing from our local Commercial banks.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by tola268: 9:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Realdeals:

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2016/06/15/23-conditions-states-must-meet-to-access-bailout-fund/

If its not lobbsided, l can call it a sanity way of giving out loan to already known robbers
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by kedeojo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2016
What a brilliant idea by the initiator. Most of all this governors are criminals. Tanks to PMB cos I definitely believe changes has come. Does unable to meet all this simple stuff, are the criminals. Some got the last bailout and wasted it. Naija is definitely going to move forward because a new sheriff is in town, who don't tolerate nonsense. Long life and good health to out president in Jesus name. Only him can actually put to end to corruption because is a courageous man.

1 Like

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by kedeojo(m): 9:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
What a brilliant idea by the initiator. Most of all this governors are criminals. Tanks to PMB and his co travellers cos I definitely believe changes has come. Does unable to meet all this simple stuff, are the criminals. Some got the last bailout and wasted it. Naija is definitely going to move forward because a new sheriff is in town, who don't tolerate nonsense. Long life and good health to our president in Jesus name. Only him can actually put end to corruption because is a courageous man. Its slogan since 2003 to 2015 when he won was to fight corruption to a standstill. This has been the major hindrance to development of Nigeria.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Skseries: 10:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
adediranta:
Nice move from the Federal government. We are about to discover how very selfish our governors can be. They now have to ball on the Federal government's terms.

Kemi don own dem gringringrin
this just shows that empty barrels makes loudest noice, so all this while that kemi kept quite so she was planning this. as in am so impressed. what have always asked for. ignore ppl noice, let ur work speak for u.... kemi deserve a thumb up for this.. now things are getting interesting. this alone will expose corrupt gov. let's see who will first reject..
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by nairamaniac: 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Is this a better option than True Federalism? This is like assigning more power to the center. Buhari is looking for a way to reduce power of governors.
Based on what we are still practicing, its a good move. Its not an option. Even if we were to move ier to True federalism, we would need to do it strategically, not overnite. Or else a lot of states and and the federal government may crash and burn in no time.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by kingkenOkus16(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Only the babe that's raises it's arms will be carried ....
Money cannor coman waste ...
If we are spending , let's know we are spending ...
[/size][/size][/size]
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by nairamaniac: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Boss13:

Please ask yourself what is true federalism? Federalism is the devolution of powers or sharing of powers between the state/regions and the center. Can we be honest enough with ourselves and ask if we can truly give absolute powers to states in this country, given the frequent abuse of powers by state governors and politicians. We have witnessed state governors rigging elections with the military, abuse of state funds.

On the other hand, are we also inferring that our states are not autonomous enough or cannot survive on their own? Yes some of them would not survive because they lack innovation and rely on monthly allocation.

However, we should not continue to deceive ourselves with the concept of true federalism, when politicians are only interested in stealing funds and they are poor in governing. We should be concerned with implementing good governance and public sector scrunity just like these initiatives. We should be more concerned with public sector accountability and disclose of public sector information.

What has these governors done with the funds at the disposal presently? What will resource control achieve for states especially the Niger delta states with high level of impunity, militancy, insecurity and corruption?

If the governors are serious enough and implement these initiatives, they will be credit worthy and have access to a wide range of funds to implement their projects.

How can states be bailed out previously, only for them to return back for more bail out funds? Do they understand what a bail out fund is?
its true as you implied, the governors have so much powers already. But with certain laws placed on them to check their excesses, true federalism would be an icing on the cake. Each governor would begin to run his state like a profit making organisation, rather than a consuming cooperation.

If we move into Federalism strategically, let me say at least a 3year program, it would all go well.
So some states would crash within a while.

My method may not be the best, but I would have done it this way:

Step 1: All states contribute 10% of their internally generated revenues and federal allocations to a particular account for like 3 to 5 years.

Step 2) The money should be shared amongst the states. The poorest state gets the most, the richest gets the least. It should be done in that order.

Withing these 5years, everything that reflect True Federalism like its done in the u.s, shd have been in place. Including state-police and all that.

With true Federalism and a combination of all these moves by Federal government, Nigeria would be a better country.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by nairamaniac: 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
Boss13:

Please ask yourself what is true federalism? Federalism is the devolution of powers or sharing of powers between the state/regions and the center. Can we be honest enough with ourselves and ask if we can truly give absolute powers to states in this country, given the frequent abuse of powers by state governors and politicians. We have witnessed state governors rigging elections with the military, abuse of state funds.

On the other hand, are we also inferring that our states are not autonomous enough or cannot survive on their own? Yes some of them would not survive because they lack innovation and rely on monthly allocation.

However, we should not continue to deceive ourselves with the concept of true federalism, when politicians are only interested in stealing funds and they are poor in governing. We should be concerned with implementing good governance and public sector scrunity just like these initiatives. We should be more concerned with public sector accountability and disclose of public sector information.

What has these governors done with the funds at the disposal presently? What will resource control achieve for states especially the Niger delta states with high level of impunity, militancy, insecurity and corruption?

If the governors are serious enough and implement these initiatives, they will be credit worthy and have access to a wide range of funds to implement their projects.

How can states be bailed out previously, only for them to return back for more bail out funds? Do they understand what a bail out fund is?
its true as you implied, the governors have so much powers already. But with certain laws placed on them to check their excesses, true federalism would be an icing on the cake. Each governor would begin to run his state like a profit making organisation, rather than a consuming cooperation.

If we move into Federalism strategically, let me say at least a 3year program, it would all go well.
So some states would crash within a while.

My method may not be the best, but I would have done it this way:

Step 1: All states contribute 10% of their internally generated revenues and federal allocations to a particular account for like 3 to 5 years.

Step 2) The money should be shared amongst the states. The poorest state gets the most, the richest gets the least. It should be done in that order.

Within these 5years, everything that reflect True Federalism like its done in the u.s, shd have been in place. Including state-police and all that.

With true Federalism and a combination of all these moves by Federal government, Nigeria would be a better country.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Tokt: 1:14am On Jun 16, 2016
wadetaw202:

And how many times had the Judas, amechi made his budget available to the general public?

Are u ok? Amaechi's budgets are publicly submitted to the house and debated upon for weeks before approval. Can the same be said of this govt?
Then, nothing like online publication afterall ur hero, the Otuooke bastard never did. Now we are in such era and wike isn't. Use ur brain and compare orange for Orange
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Papishi(m): 10:45am On Jun 16, 2016
1stdammy:
Chai!!! That useless governor of my state can't meet these conditions........so tyranical!!!

Why do I have this feeling that you are from Ondo State?
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by 1stdammy: 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
Papishi:

Why do I have this feeling that you are from Ondo State?
hmmm, my guy I'm frm Oyo state ooo. Think Mimiko is better to some extent my bro.......
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Papishi(m): 1:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
1stdammy:
hmmm, my guy I'm frm Oyo state ooo. Think Mimiko is better to some extent my bro.......

You have no idea of what we facing here. Calling him a Maradonna is gonna be an understatement, I think Merciless Messi will be appropriate.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by 1stdammy: 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2016
Papishi:

You have no idea of what we facing here. Calling him a Maradonna is gonna be an understatement, I think Merciless Messi will be appropriate.
Of cos I understand u quiet well, every state have their own monster............wish u can hear our monster here talk in public, so annoying enh!!

1 Like

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by mannobi(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
Fayose will be like, shit this old man is too rigid for my blackmails. Kemi adeosun don shoot Bros A. Y
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by naheem8307(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2019
1stdammy:
May ur days b long..........

Amen �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Fayose At Inauguration Of Atiku/Obi PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti / Photos Of Olu Falae's Pickup Van After He Was Kidnapped On Monday / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.