Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (40957 Views)

All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige / Anambra : What Niger Delta States Must Learn From Her / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by drnoel: 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Realdeals:
I believe something must be done to tame the governors, they are like gods in their various state. While all the attention is been given to FG, nothing is been said about the states.

cc: lalasticlala

The list above had sufficiently tamed them. I mean when states like Imo won't try to manufacture figures when they know people will be monitoring the state balance sheats every month. This will sufficiently help curb that man Rochas's excesses. I would like to see what ambiguous project he thinks up and how he intends to defend it.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by nkemjacob2(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
no be small conditions oooo.... with these conditions all states in the federation have failed... most states in Nigeria are corrupt and miss use public funds

5 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Pavore9: 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Is this a better option than True Federalism? This is like assigning more power to the center. Buhari is looking for a way to reduce power of governors.

By requesting that Governors make the finances of their States public, so the people will have an idea of their States' finances?

5 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by magnified(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
Aregbe; time has come to be accountable, change is finally here, the end is here for all the governors living like emperor in their individual states. Too much attention on the FG.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by defash8: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
This is the only good process that APC has produced in last one year.

This will be good for all the states.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by bender79: 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fayose be like -If only I am buhari's friend.

5 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by utytill(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
Passage of grazing reserve bill by each HOA is missing.see gobe.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by wacoj(m): 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
It is only someone like El-Rufai that might try.
But as per the TSA, I rather think this will lead to further loss of jobs in the banking sector.

Lagos state government no need this loan!
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Estacy22: 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
It will take more than a year for any serious minded state (if there is ) in Nigeria to meet these conditions. No more free launch.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Boss13: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:
Is this a better option than True Federalism? This is like assigning more power to the center. Buhari is looking for a way to reduce power of governors.

Please ask yourself what is true federalism? Federalism is the devolution of powers or sharing of powers between the state/regions and the center. Can we be honest enough with ourselves and ask if we can truly give absolute powers to states in this country, given the frequent abuse of powers by state governors and politicians. We have witnessed state governors rigging elections with the military, abuse of state funds.

On the other hand, are we also inferring that our states are not autonomous enough or cannot survive on their own? Yes some of them would not survive because they lack innovation and rely on monthly allocation.

However, we should not continue to deceive ourselves with the concept of true federalism, when politicians are only interested in stealing funds and they are poor in governing. We should be concerned with implementing good governance and public sector scrunity just like these initiatives. We should be more concerned with public sector accountability and disclose of public sector information.

What has these governors done with the funds at the disposal presently? What will resource control achieve for states especially the Niger delta states with high level of impunity, militancy, insecurity and corruption?

If the governors are serious enough and implement these initiatives, they will be credit worthy and have access to a wide range of funds to implement their projects.

How can states be bailed out previously, only for them to return back for more bail out funds? Do they understand what a bail out fund is?

8 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by gannod(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
freeborn76:

Fayose CANNOT meet these conditions, quote me.

In all sincerity,which governor(s) can? Seriously, the governors are the reason this Country has not gone beyond this level

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Immacula8(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
The Statement disclosed that 23-point reform agenda called the Fiscal Sustainability Plan (FSP) was unanimously agreed by state governors during the National Economic Council meeting held on May 19 and it encompasses a framework of reform measures which includes

Im sure most of them don't even know that they have shot themselves in the foot by unanimously agreeing to the conditions grin grin grin grin

Long live Federal Republic Of Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by dam4wummy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 15, 2016
that's the difference between osibanjo and buhari, one read pass the other
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Princefrankie1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Every step this administration takes, every policy they implement, depicts CHANGE!! and it is CHANGE FOR GOOD. some ignorant and delusional individuals shout and moan "Buhari this, Buhari that." Even those that don't have any meaningful source of income pre this administration, everyone now uses Buhari as an excuse for their destitution!!
Though I am not surprised, for a country that has a population majority of illiterates, all they can do is moan and wail without facts nor figures to back up there claims.
Anyways, I believe In this administration, I believe In there agenda, I believe In Nigeria!!

6 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by dam4wummy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2016
that's the difference between osibanjo and buhari, one read pass the other, and what does senator Bruce has to say to this
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Princefrankie1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]
Every step this administration takes, every policy they implement, depicts CHANGE!! and it is CHANGE FOR GOOD. some ignorant and delusional individuals shout and moan "Buhari this, Buhari that." Even those that don't have any meaningful source of income pre this administration, everyone now uses Buhari as an excuse for their destitution!!
Though I am not surprised, for a country that has a population majority of illiterates, all they can do is moan and wail without facts nor figures to back up there claims.
Anyways, I believe In this administration, I believe In their agenda, I believe In Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Boss13: 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
CyerSeries:
The thing is that no State can meet these requirements so, its as good as saying no bailout again and owed workers will still go home without salary.. Regionalism or fiscal federalism is the way to go.

Then it is a shame. These conditions are not extremely difficult or cannot be achieved. It is like telling someone to go and clean his dirty house or room. Only someone who has something to hide would avoid implementing these initiatives.

What I would ask citizens to do is to monitor state governors who speak against or avoid implementing these conditions, including those asking for true federalism, they are the real enemies of development.

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
PassingShot:
This is a good way to make the state governors accountable.

Let's see how the Kponmo-cutting thugnor of Ekiti can benefit from FG's bailout without implementing TSA.

Kudos to the PMB-led FG for helping state to be more open and accountable.
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by yaki84: 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
shamecurls:
In my opinion, I think states should be auctions. Dangote can afford to buy-off and manage the South-East and South-South while Tinubu can buy-off the West and IBB and Atiku can do a joint venture and buy the whole of the North. These businessmen can automatically own and manage these regions if an agreement is reached with the Federal government

grin grin grin
n china go buy nigeria plus his flag n useless coat of arm n d privatisation is complete.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by naheem8307(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
These are ways to curb corruption and embrace transparency and accountability.. Where is the past Govt who claimed they only want to measure out tools that will stop corruption instead of fighting it..

These are mechanisms that can make the country move forward if implemented.. and it shouldn't be a request of if they are able to be meet up... it should be compel on each states and a bill should be passed in this regard.

3 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by naheem8307(m): 1:18pm On Jun 15, 2016
These are ways to curb corruption and embrace transparency and accountability.. Where is the past Govt who claimed they only want to measure out tools that will stop corruption instead of fighting it..

These are mechanisms that can make the country move forward if implemented.. and it shouldn't be a request of if they are able to be meet up with... it should be compel on each states and a bill should be passed in this regard.

1 Like

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
Once they have the loan, we won't hear from them till they done with stealing of the money to their selfish accounts. These politicians are unresponsive to our desires ( good roads, atleast 12 hours electricity daily, drinkable water, affordable tutions for all levels, pay our salaries in due time.)

Just maybe, Nigerians should pick up guns and bombs against these politicians, perhaps they will respond in time.

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Tokt: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2016
chukzyblingz:

So by doing whatever it takes to make the finances of our states transparent and make them more accountable to the people that voted them in automatically means he is reducing their powers eh?
I wonder how u folks think?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by diva90: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Are we sure these states governors will agree to this bail out conditions.

Well if they don't, then they should not be allowed to access bailout funds. This is the best way to cut excesses and prevent theft of public funds. These conditions are actually put in place in the best interest of the state and its citizens

1 Like

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Kingspin(m): 1:29pm On Jun 15, 2016
989900:
Now we have a ministry of finance.
Wait for the list implementation.
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by 1stdammy: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Chai!!! That useless governor of my state can't meet these conditions........so tyranical!!!

2 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by 1stdammy: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
naheem8307:

These are mechanisms that can make the country move forward if implemented.. and it shouldn't be a request of if they are able to be meet up... it should be compel on each states and a bill should be passed in this regard.
May ur days b long..........

4 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Rockstar07: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
Kudos! to PMB-led admistration. I give it to them on this.

3 Likes

Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by dallyemmy: 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
This one never pass IMF so?
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
Fayose will not like this
Re: New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access by bayulll011(m): 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
Realdeals:

http://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/latest-nigerian-news/2016/06/15/23-conditions-states-must-meet-to-access-bailout-fund/

now we are getting it right in this country,the government just need to set institutions in place,all these civil service are the most silly and wicked people we have around,they practically trained all the governors to be emperor and when those governors graduate they complain of non payment of salary

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abba Moro Convoy Involved In Accident On Way To Campaign, Many Dead. Photos / Sowore: Gambari's Role During Abacha's Regime Makes Him Unfit to be COS / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.