Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam (9835 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:17pm On Jun 15, 2016
Worthy opponents : valentinemary , donnffd , dblacknaija , JackBizzle , sonofLucifer , hahn , realmindz , plaetton , davien , kay17 , agentofAllah , Elohim1 , sweetcocoa , ifenes , k9blunt , dalaman
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by jmichlins(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Provide proof that there is GOD. I really hate it when people go about waking sleeping dog. Am a christian but it is stup!d to go about creating room for meaningless arguements

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by emorse(m): 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
jmichlins:
Provide proof that there is GOD. I really hate it when people go about waking sleeping dog. Am a christian but it is stup!d to go about creating room for meaningless arguements

You beat me to it.
@ OP, provide proof that there is God and allow them counter. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
jmichlins:

describing atheists as " sleeping dogs" is quite flattering .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
emorse:

You beat me to it.
@ OP, provide proof that there is God and allow them counter. Simple.

I'll rather pay attention to their arguments and counter - best tactics cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by jmichlins(m): 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

describing atheists as " sleeping dogs" is quite flattering .
i never described them as such but the arguement your stup!d thread will create is the "sleeping dog"

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
Proof that God exist? Simple. Scientists have not been able to create a human being and give it life.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
jmichlins:
i never described them as such but the arguement your stup!d thread will create is the "sleeping dog"

Dude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Proof that God exist? Simple. Scientists have not been able to create a human being and give it life.

Good point . Even if God permits , it means the emergence of life relies on intelligence to make it possible . Not some random unprovable processes like the deluded atheists claim brought forth life

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

if God permits , it means the emergence of life relies on intelligence to make it possible .
grin. Seems you learnt English by memorizing a dictionary. Know all the big words, skipped all the rules of logic and reason.

So you already have a theory made up just in case scientists create life? Only if God permits. Ah, how can God lose. cheesy
Scientist fail... u mock and jest.
Scientists succeed. It's God's will. God is the source of all knowledge. What a brilliant easy life you live. I envy you.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
people never grow up.. they just grow old and stupid

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by jmichlins(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Dude
you and boko harmam guys are the same. You all are extremists carrying your god fight like he is an incapacited being

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmmmn.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

grin. Seems you learnt English by memorizing a dictionary. Know all the big words, skipped all the rules of logic and reason.

How can I memorize the dictionary bikonu , when I have my lec notes to read and class to attend undecided . Learning new words started when I was 12 , 13 and I kept developing everyday . I know the meaning of words now just by intuition .

So you already have a theory made up just in case scientists create life? Only if God permits. Ah, how can God lose. cheesy
Scientist fail... u mock and jest.
Scientists succeed. It's God's will. God is the source of all knowledge. What a brilliant easy life you live. I envy you.

You know this grin

So what's you proof You know the thread cool . Or you gona work away like a coward . Your dad wont be happy wink

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dalaman: 8:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
What is God and how have you objectively proven that such a thing exist? What is God and how does it exist?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2016
jmichlins:
you and boko harmam guys are the same. You all are extremists carrying your god fight like he is an incapacited being

Do you need a second pill ? smiley
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
dalaman:
What is God

A anthropomorphic creator , deity

and how have you objectively proven that such a thing exist?

Nature

how does it exist?

God is everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
everydayperson:
people never grow up.. they just grow old and stupid

Words of wisdom bro . So how does it apply here ?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

So what's you proof You know the thread cool . Or you gona work away like a coward . Your dad wont be happy wink
Like I noted earlier, you might need to pick up that dictionary again. You provide proof to aver that something exists not the opposite.

What exactly do you want proof for when your God by definition is unprovable? Your God doesn't exist in this world, communicates by mind, performs miracles by grace, and requires faith to be seen?

The proof that God doesn't exist is faith. Faith brings fiction to life, lies to reality, minds to captivity.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Like I noted earlier, you might need to pick up that dictionary again. You provide proof to aver that something exists not the opposite.

What exactly do you want proof for when your God by definition is unprovable? Your God doesn't exist in this world, communicates by mind, performs miracles by grace, and requires faith to be seen?

The proof that God doesn't exist is faith. You don't need faith to believe in a sun. That's why we don't have a-Sunists.

Proof definition : evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

Going by the dictionary as you have requested , is there any evidence for theists to admit that there is no God ? Like the truth in the non existence of God .

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by ifenes(m): 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

Another obvious proof there is no supreme god is the total silence and lack of answers to prayers. No Christian can boast of answered prayers. The prayers claimed to have been answered are always the cheap ones like waking up in the morning or evading an accident. Come to think of it, many god believers suffer as much as unbelievers. There is no unique experience that shows a god is on the side of Christians.

Another obvious one is tithes and offerings. If a god really exists he will collect the tithes or at least reform and update the atrocities committed by pastors.

If there were a godd,the bible would have been updated to this present era. A book last updated over 2 thousand years ago is not fit for our present society. At least we know a cancer research of 1960 is no more relevant 50 years later

If it is true the bible god claimed to have landed on mountain Sinai and showed himself to cave men/ farmers, why can't he do it now and put right many wrongs happening now.

Why are Chrustians always suffering and waiting for miracles promised them without one bit of answers?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by johnydon22(m): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

God is everywhere

To make this easier for everyone, lets focus on this..

Since God is everywhere, its very easy for you to observe something that is "everywhere"

so just make it easy for everyone here.

show us

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by johnydon22(m): 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

The proof that God doesn't exist is faith. Faith brings fiction to life, lies to reality, minds to captivity.

Sure thing brother, to believe something by faith means you have no reason [evidence] what so ever to believe it in the first place..

Nobody need ask atheist proof, your faith is proof enough, your lack of proof is proof enough against you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by johnydon22(m): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Proof definition : evidence sufficient to establish a thing as true, or to produce belief in its truth.

Going by the dictionary as you have requested , is there any evidence for theists to admit that there is no God ? Like the truth in the non existence of God .

I have a live unicorn with pure crystal horn tied to my best post now..

Provide proof that my unicorn doesn't exist..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sonofthunder: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
ifenes:

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

Another obvious proof there is no supreme god is the total silence and lack of answers to prayers. No Christian can boast of answered prayers. The prayers claimed to have been answered are always the cheap ones like waking up in the morning or evading an accident. Come to think of it, many god believers suffer as much as unbelievers. There is no unique experience that shows a god is on the side of Christians.

Another obvious one is tithes and offerings. If a god really exists he will collect the tithes or at least reform and update the atrocities committed by pastors.

If there were a godd,the bible would have been updated to this present era. A book last updated over 2 thousand years ago is not fit for our present society. At least we know a cancer research of 1960 is no more relevant 50 years later

If it is true the bible god claimed to have landed on mountain Sinai and showed himself to cave men/ farmers, why can't he do it now and put right many wrongs happening now.

Why are Chrustians always suffering and waiting for miracles promised them without one bit of answers?

this trash is too long.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
ifenes:

Any proof it is manufactured or non existent

There are many experiences . Here is just one of many . A man can now walk because of the power of God .

mrZENographer:

I see big miracles in my church "The Lord's Chosen" every service. Don't startle me with your blunt attitude.
Have I not posted here how I carried a 21 years born-muslim-cripple to a February crusade 2016 and he was healed by the "Only good God." What no man could do, he did it and today my convert is walking. grin

Also today "AND THE ENEMIES SUBMITTED" I witnessed so many miracles including a man that was brought blind to church who started see during the instant testimonies section. Please am not among those you can put in your rabbit purse. Biblical miracles are still happening as powerful and mysterious as it was in old times. You can keep running and belching around your rabbit hole or else come and see the mysterious power of God in action. Thank you scorner for reading.

Another obvious one is tithes and offerings. If a god really exists he will collect the tithes of at least reform and update the atrocities committed by pastors.

Lots of Christians here have talked about the benefits they have experienced from tithes and offerings . cc: Anas09

This is an opinion . The words and views from putative scholars like Socrates , Aristotle , Plato who existed thousands of years ago are still relevant in modern education .

If it is true the bible god claimed to have landed on mountain Sinai and showed himself to cave men/ farmers, why can't he do it now and put write many wrongs happening now.

God is still doing it now . A lot of people from all walks of life have experienced God . You just failed to accept their experiences as valid .

Some Christians dont have faith or call on God in truth and in Spirit but the ones that do have testified . Like I always say here , a Car is dedicated in my church every Sunday . Its always a car , house or the tricycle - most times its a car . We spend hours listening to various testimonies about instant answers to prayers in my Church .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Raddie(m): 9:27pm On Jun 15, 2016
Faith in a higher being is the basis of all beliefs.
And just so you know being an atheist is not a disbelief in a god or a denial of any but a lack of belief in gods.

Why not compare your truth with people who believe in another higher being/truth different from yours?

KingEbukaNaija:

Your dad wont be happy wink
Now that's immature

Pick a more liberal topic I definitely engage you!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 15, 2016
What is a miracle?

A man got a job and owns a car - Miracle.

The car, a product of years of engineering - blessing.

How poor are you Christians... you require God to own a car. Lmfao.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
johnydon22:

I have a live unicorn with pure crystal horn tied to my best post now..

Provide proof that my unicorn doesn't exist..

Unicorns have been proven not to exist . Has God been proven not to exist ?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
What is a miracle?

A man got a job and owns a car - Miracle.

The car, a product of years of engineering - blessing.

How poor are you Christians... you require God to own a car. Lmfao.

I'm sure you dont have one smiley .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by johnydon22(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Unicorns have been proven not to exist . Has God been proven not to exist ?

Please what are your proofs that unicorns don't exist?

who proved unicorns doesn't exist?

Or you just like say what ever pops into your mind?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? / I Need A Strong Deliverance Minister, My Life Is Crumbling Fast!1 / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.