Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam (9936 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:21am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
1. Your pattern of reasoning is proof enough.

This fine baby sef . Your own pattern of reasoning shows that you are not making any sense

2. The God hypothesis has no intelligent background , hence the rejection.

shocked shocked shocked . I would have launched vitriolic attacks on you but the deterrent - the ban - just prevented me from doing so . How dare you reject sanity .

The intelligent design argument /God-hypothesis explains

1. Origin of intelligence , emotions , consciousness

2. Explains the source of morality

3. It nullifies the idea of evolution seeing that there is no observable proof for the theory .

Do you know directed panspermia - that's science implicitly acknowledging intelligent design .

The way atheists reason . Tufiakwa ! Now can you explain how the first two came about and why you repudiated intelligent design that explains them perfectly

3.how does religionists being involved in scientific researches, prove that religion doesn't teach unverifiable nonsense?

Religious scientists are out there to validate biblical events like creation .
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
Listen let me let you in on a lil secret>>> all the secrets of this world are hidden in mythology. you better learn how to decode it or you will just be lost in this world thinking life is about material things. from the onset of civilization till now, all secrets have been hidden in mythology. in ancient egypt you have the mythology of heru and hathor and amun and sekhmet and ptah etc etc, in sumer it is the mythology of gilgamesh, in greek it is dionysus and diana and eros and cupido and admetos and zeus and poseidon etc etc and in roman empire it is apollo and Jesus christ and etc etc. all the secrets are hidden in mythology stories. thats just how the world is and only the enlightened know the answers. you have to join mystery schools like the freemasons to get some of the answers. the rest of those who dont have the answers are called cattle or zombies or sheeple
My friend sit down and have a coke, you are speaking gibberish.

Mysteries of the world bla bla and more bla.

You are enlightened and have all the answers yet you can't give us a cure for cancer or Aids, if I slap you eh. angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
lolz thats a cool word bro. you learn everything. thats my wisdom learnt for today supplied by yours truly KingEbukaNaija wink cheesy

lol , thanks bro . I'm a logophile , so every month I master close to 200 new words . Learning never stops . cool

I relish how differently you address the bible , its fun reading your posts .
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

You are enlightened and have all the answers yet you can't give us a cure for cancer or Aids, if I slap you eh. angry
there are already cures for cancer and AIDS but cancer and AIDS are part of the judgement GOD puts on people on this earth as payment for sin. so the cure will never come out. the cure is only reserved for the illuminated elites

deut 28 vs 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bring upon thee, until thou be destroyed.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
african creation mythology, the OPERATIVE word being MYTHOLOGY

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mitos_creacion/esp_mitoscreacion_0.htm <<< CHECK THE ODUDUWA MYTHOLOGY IN HERE. ITS A MYTH NOT REALITY

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

‹‹‹check the flood mythology in here. Its a myth not reality
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:34am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

lol , thanks bro . I'm a logophile , so every month I master close to 200 new words . Learning never stops . cool

I relish how differently you address the bible , its fun reading your posts .
there go another new word lolzz. * breaks out the dictionary * . yeah you are right in that learning never stops and I count you to be a brilliant man whom I am privileged to learn from

log·o·phile (lŏg′ə-fīl′)
n.
One who appreciates and enjoys words.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the Englis
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
they are all mythology is what i am tryna tell ya. adam and eve and the snake is mythology but there is a hidden meaning behind it. you are the one taking it literal not me

If king ebuka naija should catch you grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

If king ebuka naija should catch you grin cheesy
lolz thats my brother from another mother cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by DeSepiero(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Since they are myths, why are you trying to pass them off as truth?

A myth is what it is, a myth, ain't nothing hidden/deep about it.

C'est fini

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

[b] because mythology hides the truth. its a true story but it is hidden in mythology and it is up to the enlightened to get the true story out of the mythology.

i will give you an example of how mythology is written. now lets take for example nigeria as a case study. we currently have the biafra agitation going on because our brothers from the east perceive that they are not getting a fair shake from this conglomerate called nigeria. so let me write this into a mythology story. i will call Biafra >>james and i will call nigeria >>> John

So two brothers james and john live in the same house. James is the younger brother while john is the elder brother. the dividends that come into the house is unequally shared with john getting the lion share and james being cheated. so james decided he wants to break out on his own and be independent because john is a bully. <<< now this is what is called an allegory. does james exist ? NO. does john exist ? NO. but does the story exist ? YES. that exactly is how the bible and most mythology is written. they are real events but they are hidden. NOW IT IS UP TO YOU TO FIGURE OUT WHO JAMES IS AND WHO JOHN IS AND THIS IS HOW YOU DECODE THE MYTHOLOGY / ALLEGORY / PARABLE[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Let me get things clear , are you for or ag ainst the arguments of these atheists foolish ones

Both sides propagate and sustain ridiculously inane arguments rather focus on the final impact of whatever analysis they so presumptuously put forward with biased references - i.e they already come with closed minds (both foolish sides) and expect to come out with a reasonably acceptable discussions.. It is like asking a Muslim about other religions when all he believes in is his own religion without a doubt.. I think the religion section should be shuttered off from the rest of Nairaland or taken off completely
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:43am On Jun 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

I am only amazed that some people (theists especially) could be so dogmatic and accept that a print of ancient text is so accurate and without flaw.
sweetcocoa:
My dear, words fail me. cry

folie à deux
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
lolz thats my brother from another mother cheesy

They don't know at all cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:45am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

They don't know at all cool
Now they do grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2016
everydayperson:

Both sides propagate and sustain ridiculously inane arguments rather focus on the final impact of whatever analysis they so presumptuously put forward with biased references - i.e they already come with closed minds (both foolish sides) and expect to come out with a reasonably acceptable discussions.. It is like asking a Muslim about other religions when all he believes in is his own religion without a doubt.. I think the religion section should be shuttered off from the rest of Nairaland or taken off completely

This is not a dialectic bro - its a free for all fight , we don't need to reach a consensus .

You sound like an agnostic and a secularist at the same time . So which is it If none , which theological/philosophical position do you support?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Lollz . aunty freecocoa dont mind him grin
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:53am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
there go another new word lolzz. * breaks out the dictionary * . yeah you are right in that learning never stops and I count you to be a brilliant man whom I am privileged to learn from

log·o·phile (lŏg′ə-fīl′)
n.
One who appreciates and enjoys words.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the Englis
grin

Thanks my brother . Wishing you benisons from God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Thanks my brother . Wishing you benisons from God
and yet another one lolz. today must be my lucky day. i need to go play the lottery grin

ben·i·son (bĕn′ĭ-zən, -sən)
n.
A blessing; a benediction.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

do you want me to break down what is behind the mythology of the oduduwa story for you ?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
and yet another one lolz. today must be my lucky day. i need to go play the lottery grin

ben·i·son (bĕn′ĭ-zən, -sən)
n.
A blessing; a benediction.

grin grin grin . lol bro sukky . If I continue , we might spend the day on just words grin grin grin grin grin

But who knows sha , you might play and win . wink
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

grin grin grin . lol bro sukky . If I continue , we might spend the day on just words grin grin grin grin grin

But who knows sha , you might play and win . wink
grin grin yeah its my lucky day. 3 new words that I have never heard before. A rare occurrence I must say. maybe my luck will transfer to the Nairabet grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths

‹‹‹check the flood mythology in here. Its a myth not reality
of course it is mythology. I am not arguing with you on that lol. but behind that mythology is a real occurence that you have to decode
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 12:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
of course it is mythology. I am not arguing with you on that lol. but behind that mythology is a real occurence that you have to decode

Ok o brother sukomi.

I wonder how your other christian brethren will take this.

Any way it seems like u are one of those liberal christians who have not sold their reasoning completely all in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

Ok o brother sukomi.

I wonder how your other christian brethren will take this.

Any way it seems like u are one of those liberal christians who have not sold their reasoning completely all in the name of religion.

well christianity the religion is not from God. God does not want you to partake of religion. Religion to God is helping the poor and powerless. So those christians are lost sheep

james 1 vs 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. << THIS IS THE RELIGION GOD WANTS FROM YOU. TO TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SIN AND TO HELP THE NEEDY. THATS THE ONLY RELIGION YOU NEED. ORGANIZED RELIGION AND GOING TO CHURCH IS FROM THE DEVIL. IT SAYS SO IN THE BIBLE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
well christianity the religion is not from God. God does not want you to partake of religion. Religion to God is helping the poor and powerless. So those christians are lost sheep

james 1 vs 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. << THIS IS THE RELIGION GOD WANTS FROM YOU. TO TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM SIN AND TO HELP THE NEEDY. THATS THE ONLY RELIGION YOU NEED. ORGANIZED RELIGION AND GOING TO CHURCH IS FROM THE DEVIL. IT SAYS SO IN THE BIBLE.

Nawa o . so tell me what are your views on heaven and hell , speaking in tongues , the death and resurrection of jesus , the trinity , etc
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Weah96: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This is one from someone who claims nature is conscious because man is conscious , if all life is obliterated from earth by asteroids , will nature still be conscious If so , explain smiley

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/666623/alien-exist-confirmed-nasa-kepler-universe-drake-equation?_ga=1.39853221.649233693.1466076537

You're assuming that mother Nature doesn't have her bases covered. Your entire argument relies on the highly unlikely possibility that life in the whole universe can only be found on earth.

The earth has survived multiple collisions with asteroids before, BTW, and there are always survivors left to procreate.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

Nawa o . so tell me what are your views on heaven and hell , speaking in tongues , the death and resurrection of jesus , the trinity , etc

[b]Heaven and hell are conditions on earth. Heaven is rulership on earth and hell is being the most despised and the lowest. Mind you these things are ordained and are not happenstance when you see these conditions occur on earth. Nothing is ever coincidence. Right now the white race is in heaven and the black race is in hell for the most part. This is why you see every black man trying to run to white countries. They are tired of being in hell and want to go to heaven. So hell is when your nation of people are going through perpetual generational misery as ordained by God. its all in the bible if you need verses.

speaking in the same tongues means having the wisdom to understand the esoteric wisdom of God. Tongue means ' doctrine ' and not ' language ' if you see the book of revelation chapter 17 it tells you that. so being in sync with esoteric wisdom and communicating with it means you are speaking in tongues as was the case with the saints in the pentecost when they all discovered they all understood the scriptures the same way which was unusual because everybody else took it literal but they were able to get behind the literal and communicate what the message is. This only happens to you if you are a saint sealed with the word of God. its the hidden manna given to only those who overcome.

Death and ressurection of Jesus. Jesus is the word of God ( book of revelation chapter 19 tells you that ) and death of Jesus means a famine of the word. meaning there is so much wickedness in the world and the word of God is now lost. its a condition of sodom and gommorah. the word of God is the last thing on anyones mind and even if they acknowledged it - it is only on a lip-service basis but they do not do the instructions in the book.
Ressurection of Jesus is when the spirit of God takes over the world and there is a revival in the world to where the word of God rules supreme all over the world and the laws are obeyed. This hasnt happened in a while but it will happen soon.

The trinity is the spirit of God in man. the man is the son, the word is the father and when it alters your spirit and makes you a better person then your spirit becomes the holy spirit meaning your spirit is set apart from everyone else in the world cuz holy means ' set apart ' , so while everyones spirit is still defaulted to this world - yours is set apart meaning holy spirit. and thats the trinity. father - son and holy spirit[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This is not a dialectic bro - its a free for all fight , we don't need to reach a consensus .

You sound like an agnostic and a secularist at the same time . So which is it If none , which theological/philosophical position do you support?

what is the point.. there is no mature progression - no evolution of thought.. the same idiosyncrasies played out centuries ago have not matured but devolved given the advances we have experienced over the centuries. There is a noble goal worth the sum of our lives on this planet and it is the advancement and protection of humanity... not the opposite.. this is what the Religion Section does to humans - it degrades their humane values and replaces it with fundamental religious extremism - we are all potential (patent) terrorists in principle.

I am not an atheist neither do i fancy any religious tag - what matters is the legacy you leave to future generations.. and we have left an unfortunately sorrowful and traumatic one which we continue to pursue with sacrificial vigor. You can see the results on a global scale can you not?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Please don't be stupid. If they could. They would've done it long ago.

Actually they can. Ethical issues
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by DeSepiero(m): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Actually they can. Ethical issues

Nice. Most people won't know that. Are you an expert in the biological sciences?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Resorting to vituperative attacks means no more response . Good bye young man
lol, abeg no vex..u are still my guy, religion or no religion grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fringe Illuminati Ebola Egregore / Karma And Curses / Coverless Lebanese Girls Burning #ISIS Flags…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.