Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,527 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam (9876 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dazzlingd(m): 12:17am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

True story, either the functionality of ur brain need to be restored or the bible....
Oh mamacita! !!
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:20am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

created new animals ok....but the bible said he created the stars, pls which bible are u reading? I didn't see anywhr where the stars were restored, guess the stars went out of power...Nepa don dey operate for space for long

Asah means make out from already existing material , bara means to create .

So it makes sense to say their functionalities were restored
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:22am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

True story, either the functionality of ur brain need to be restored or the bible....

Resorting to vituperative attacks means no more response . Good bye young man
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:25am On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Anything that doesn't make sense in the bible is allegorical. Very soon the whole bible will be allegorical.

Some Christians have even said a worldwide flood never took place but a local flood.

There are purveyors/proponents of the bible being allegorical . Fundamentalists take these stories , every bit of them , literally . Which ever you chose to believe , the main thing is to accept Christ and be born again .
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Weah96: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Good point . Even if God permits , it means the emergence of life relies on intelligence the resurrected Jew to make it possible . Not some random unprovable processes like the deluded atheists claim brought forth life

I fixed it for you.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dblackninja: 12:29am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Why stress yourself with the pronouns . Just say God and continue ... smh . Another atheist I have to engage in a logomachy with . Anthropomorphic means described with human features to a being not human . I can see aliens today and describe them as anthropomorphic so that you'd get a vivid description - it does not make them super-humans
I don't think we have to even dispute over this. What is a superhuman exactly? You have given human attributes to something powerful and beyond the capabilities of a human, yet you're stressing your self with the word superhuman?

God is not a thing . If you gona make further pejorative descriptions about God , then just forget it
Am just trying to get a vivid picture of what you call god.
So if I get what you were trying to say all along, you meant that this god which is not bound by any laws, is the source of the universe right?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Weah96:

I fixed it for you.

Creation of life is God's prerogative . But if he permits that science can create life from the inanimate then its still a win for the theists - intelligence is required to bring forth life .

Hey Mr. Nature-is-conscious , how conscious was nature during the formation of moon . There are five scientific theories stories from the imaginations of some "scientists" that explain this chaotic chance-dependent process - this alone should smash your frangible claims that nature is conscious into pieces .

Legends say you are still patching up a rebuttal cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:36am On Jun 16, 2016
dblackninja:

I don't think we have to even dispute over this. What is a superhuman exactly? You have given human attributes to something powerful and beyond the capabilities of a human, yet you're stressing your self with the word superhuman?

Humanoid robots are less powerful than man , therefore man should be called a super-robot . Well I'm not surprised this type of ratiocination
is coming from an atheist .

Am just trying to get a vivid picture of what you call god.
So if I get what you were trying to say all along, you meant that this god which is not bound by any laws, is the source of the universe right?

Is the cause . He is not bound by the laws .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 12:47am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There are purveyors/proponents of the bible being allegorical . Fundamentalists take these stories , every bit of them , literally . Which ever you chose to believe , the main thing is to accept Christ and be born again .

Lol you want me to accept christ and be Born again when Christians cannot even agree on which part of the bible is literal or not. They cannot even agree on what the Bible says. Sort your religion out before you ask me to be born again.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dblackninja: 12:52am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Humanoid robots are less powerful than man , therefore man should be called a super-robot . Well I'm not surprised this type of ratiocination
is coming from an atheist .
Now I see, taking superhuman to mean an advanced form of a human being. Well we are digressing. This is not what I came to do.

Is the cause . He is not bound by the laws .
Since you need a proof that there's no god, Here we go..

If everything has a source and god is that source, then god must have existed without it before he created it. So if god created time and space, he must live outside of time and space. Thus he is non-existent.

If all life must come from something and that is god, god is not alive and hence non-existent.
If moral must come from god, god lacks moral.
If logic comes from god, god is illogic.
If nature comes from god, god is unnatural.
If existence comes from god, god is non-existent. If god is the cause of everything, god is void
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:56am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Most likely, you don't even know what to think. grin grin grin

My friend go rest, your god is non existent.

I think this comment is shallow

Considering you have no video proof to serve as your evidence that nature was not created by God , you have no right to be close-minded .

If I ask you what caused the universe , how life came forth from the non living or how nature figured out reproduction or reproductive organs , you'll just run away like a recreant .

You have no fact that precludes God's existence.

Don't forget to take fruits fine baby , you know nature somehow figured out that man would need a variety of fruits to keep him nourished so it mistakenly provided him with enough before it sends asteroids to destroy him at the end after which it runs out of energy and fails to exist .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 12:57am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Seriously? This is what you come back with? Two persons who think the stories have hidden meanings?

Misconception you say? What is so confusing about a snake giving a woman a fruit to eat, telling her she knew nothing till she eats it?
Can you show us in the bible where it says a SNAKE gave a woman fruit to eat ? thanks in advance. Quote the verse in here

cuz if i remember correctly it says ' serpent '

and serpent means a very crafty dubious person

serpent
[sur-puh nt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun

a wily, treacherous, or malicious person

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 1:02am On Jun 16, 2016
dblackninja:

Now I see, taking superhuman to mean an advanced form of a human being. Well we are digressing. This is not what I came to do.

Since you need a proof that there's no god, Here we go..

If everything has a source and god is that source, then god must have existed without it before he created it. So if god created time and space, he must live outside of time and space. Thus he is non-existent.

If all life must come from something and that is god, god is not alive and hence non-existent.
If existence comes from god, god is non-existent. If god is the cause of everything, god is void

Such gallimaufry of thoughts !

What kind of wack thinking is this . Ive not seen so much garbage in one post .

cc : winner01 . You need to see what was conjured up as logical thinking grin grin .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 1:09am On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol you want me to accept christ and be Born again when Christians cannot even agree on which part of the bible is literal or not. They cannot even agree on what the Bible says. Sort your religion out before you ask me to be born again.

Good thinking . Just like science sorted out itself with conflicting theories that refute God before you joined the science-over-religion gang . Abi na?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dblackninja: 1:09am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Such gallimaufry of thoughts !

What kind of wack thinking is this . Ive not seen so much garbage in one post .
You have your proof for the non-existence of god.
Read again. This time slowly. Digest and comprehend.

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 1:11am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Good thinking . Just like science sorted out itself with conflicting theories that refute God before you joined the science-over-religion gang . Abi na?

Which conflicting theories are there, and that refute god?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 1:22am On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Which conflicting theories are there, and that refute god?

Origin of the moon . You can have fun with the quintessence of scientific assumptions . These lots assume assume and imagine then assume and people will be screaming science refutes God grin

Atheists concluded there is no God because

1. Mystical events in the bible cannot be explained scientifically , therefore there is no God

2. Creation story is at variance with the evolution scamvolution theory , therefore there is no God

3. Bad design argument - they believe an all intelligent God will not create a flawed universe or life forms , therefore there is no God .

There are all specious arguments that an erudite Christian can easily take down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Weah96: 1:24am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Creation of life is God's resurrected Jew's prerogative . But if he permits that science can create life from the inanimate then its still a win for the theists - intelligence is required to bring forth life .

Hey Mr. Nature-is-conscious , how conscious was nature during the formation of moon . There are five scientific theories stories from the imaginations of some "scientists" that explain this chaotic chance-dependent process - this alone should smash your frangible claims that nature is conscious into pieces .

Legends say you are still patching up a rebuttal cheesy cheesy

Fixed it for you again. Why do you keep hiding behind the word God when in fact you really worship the resurrected Jew?

I asked you a question and you instructed me to go and read theories on the formation of the moon. So I had the impression that you were giving up.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 1:27am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Origin of the moon . You can have fun with the quintessence of scientific assumptions . These lots assume assume and imagine then assume and people will be screaming science refutes God grin

Atheists concluded there is no God because

1. Mystical events in the bible cannot be explained scientifically , therefore there is no God

2. Creation story is at variance with the evolution scamvolution theory , therefore there is no God

3. Bad design argument - they believe an all intelligent God will not create a flawed universe or life forms , therefore there is no God .

There are all specious arguments that an erudite Christian can easily take down

Oya take down the argument for evolution
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 1:33am On Jun 16, 2016
Weah96:

Fixed it for you again. Why do you keep hiding behind the word God when in fact you really worship the resurrected Jew?

You sound like a deist . That's good to see . Atheism impedes logical thinking and I'm glad you are getting back to your senses .

I asked you a question and you instructed me to go and read theories on the formation of the moon. So I had the impression that you were giving up.

Why should I give up undecided . You kept reiterating that since man is conscious nature is conscious - this is such an egregious ratiocination .

I'm sure you learnt a thing or two from chaotic , random , chance-dependent way the moon was formed . That was an irrefutable cogent proof that nature is not conscious at all . Nature is functional not conscious .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 1:52am On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Oya take down the argument for evolution

1. Evolution is a design concept and God may have chosen to do create life using evolution .

2. The godless evolution has several insurmountable problems like transitional fossils , how cells derived the propensity to evolve , irreducible complexity , limits of variation of species etc

From 2 above , if we even assert that God orchestrated the process , then these problems can be easily tackled . Not the fortuitous evolution of different life forms and attributes of these life forms .

I was arguing with an atheist , an evolutionist , sometime and he claimed man has not evolved fully to understand consciousness . This process has no goal or direction or aim , so how is he certain that man will attain that level of intelligence - that's faith undecided . They also said evolution does not mean becoming better - an amelioration of bodily features , social behavior , intelligence - then why are evolutionists making predictions that man would get better in the future undecided .

The precis of this yarn is that we are being coerced to accept assumptions which are pertinaciously held as truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Weah96: 2:56am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You sound like a deist . That's good to see . Atheism impedes logical thinking and I'm glad you are getting back to your senses .

Why should I give up undecided . You kept reiterating that since man is conscious nature is conscious - this is such an egregious ratiocination .

I'm sure you learnt a thing or two from chaotic , random , chance-dependent way the moon was formed . That was an irrefutable cogent proof that nature is not conscious at all . Nature is functional not conscious .

You have a limited view of what nature is. In your head, nature is a bunch of rocks. I can't help you if you won't help yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sevenhundred(m): 5:02am On Jun 16, 2016
[quote author=KingEbukaNaija post=46609246]

Any proof it is manufactured or non existent

There are many experiences . Here is just one of many . A man can now walk because of the power of God .

Lots of Christians here have talked about the benefits they have experienced from tithes and offerings . cc: Anas09

This is an opinion . The words and views from putative scholars like Socrates , Aristotle , Plato who existed thousands of years ago are still relevant in modern education .

God is still doing it now . A lot of people from all walks of life have experienced God . You just failed to accept their experiences as valid .

...Like I always say here , a Car is dedicated in my church every Sunday . Its always a car , house or the tricycle - most times its a car . We spend hours listening to various testimonies about instant answers to prayers in my Church .imagine just because of worldly things? ritualist do testify also.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 16, 2016
lepasharon:

Do.you think scientists can't create a human being?

Please don't be stupid. If they could. They would've done it long ago.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Omoluabi16(m): 6:12am On Jun 16, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Please don't be stupid. If they could. They would've done it long ago.
good morning sunshine
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 16, 2016
Omoluabi16:
good morning sunshine

Good morning rainfall wink
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Omoluabi16(m): 6:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Sugarhugs:

Good morning rainfall wink
chai..me rainfall. undecided I'm sure you slept well sha, Do have a nice day.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2016
I
sukkot:
Can you show us in the bible where it says a SNAKE gave a woman fruit to eat ? thanks in advance. Quote the verse in here

cuz if i remember correctly it says ' serpent '

and serpent means a very crafty dubious person

serpent
[sur-puh nt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun

a wily, treacherous, or malicious person

Why take only the second definition? What does the first one say? Smh

My friend, some translations of the bible says "snake" and there's no where serpent is described without snake being mentioned, infact it is derived from the word 'serpens' which means a crawling animal or snake so what are you on about?

Let's not even mention the fact that the bible refers to it as the most cunning of all the wild beast that god created, I guess you didn't see that part in your own bible. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I think this comment is shallow

Considering you have no video proof to serve as your evidence that nature was not created by God , you have no right to be close-minded .

If I ask you what caused the universe , how life came forth from the non living or how nature figured out reproduction or reproductive organs , you'll just run away like a recreant .

You have no fact that precludes God's existence.

Don't forget to take fruits fine baby , you know nature somehow figured out that man would need a variety of fruits to keep him nourished so it mistakenly provided him with enough before it sends asteroids to destroy him at the end after which it runs out of energy and fails to exist .
You are not making any sense my dear.

Not knowing how the earth came to be for a fact, doesn't mean god did it and you are the one claiming he did it,ergo the onus is on you to provide the video evidence you talked about.

I'd rather try and find answers to some of those questions by using my brain, than believe whatever unverifiable nonsense religion teaches like a brainless zombie.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Weah96:

You have a limited view of what nature is. In your head, nature is a bunch of rocks. I can't help you if you won't help yourself.

This is one from someone who claims nature is conscious because man is conscious , if all life is obliterated from earth by asteroids , will nature still be conscious If so , explain smiley
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by DeSepiero(m): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2016
Ebuka naija/blog is an idle and jobless troll seeking whom to engage.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 9:52am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
IWhy take only the second definition? What does the first one say? Smh

My friend, some translations of the bible says "snake" and there's no where serpent is described without snake being mentioned, infact it is derived from the word 'serpens' which means a crawling animal or snake so what are you on about?

Let's not even mention the fact that the bible refers to it as the most cunning of all the wild beast that god created, I guess you didn't see that part in your own bible. tongue

ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. << HUMANS ARE BEASTS. HUMANS WHO DONT OBEY GODS WAY ARE CALLED BEASTS IN THE BIBLE. LOLZZZ I GUESS YOU DIDNT SEE THAT PART IN YOUR BIBLE ?

WOMAN, SERPENT IS A CUNNY DUBIOUS EVIL MAN. CASE CLOSED. THIS BIBLE IS TOO STRONG FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2020 / Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / The Pope Is The Antichrist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.