Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,011 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love (893 Views)

Say No To Tribal, Religious And Gender Discrimination On Nairaland!!! / When Your Religious Leader Has To Pray Before You Choose Your Partner / Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by tbaba83(m): 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2009
After dating black girls for a while and not having any luck with them due to their needy and high maintenance behavior i decided to start dating girls from a different race(whites). After 2months of dating, i could see the difference. These girls were independent in the sense that they pay for their food, cinema fee, phone bills etc .

One day my mate got his white girlfriend pregnant. Now, when their baby was born there was total chaos. Because his white girl was not religious, she refused to have circumcision for the male child. Also she wanted the boy to have the last name of her parents. Although i love my girl and willing to stay with her till God chooses, i feel uncomfortable with my child sharing a different belief and culture with myself. Nairalanders, whats your take on this. would you walk away from such a relationship or would you stay?
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by THEAMAKA(f): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2009
stay with black girls!
grin

here comes another thing wasted!
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by HarryPotter1(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
Guy it is better u take our black ladies that has the same religious belief and understanding wit u than following a white lady that can divorce u any time.THINK WELL BEFORE U ACT.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by THEAMAKA(f): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2009
it will be another generation wasted with more culture flushed down the toilet.
leave that oyinbo and seek another black/african/nigerian woman
KAPISH?
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by kellorah: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2009
Is this about u or ur mate?! grin

Anyways, let her know that religion aside, it will be wise to circumcise the baby. And regarding the child's last name, if your name is on the birth certificate as the father of the baby then I think, automatically, the baby's last name should be ur last name. The chick is selfish. sad How about u guys use the girl's last name but then hypen it, and include urs.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by TheSeeker(m): 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2009
I don't get it. First you mentioned yourself and again your mate -- which one?

That lady is dictatorial and in the wrongest of ways. In her family, did they give her mom's last name as hers and his siblings'? That's stupidly taking you/your mate for granted and for a cheap ride too. Give the child her parents' last name my black foot. Some of these white people can't stop getting you furious.

As for circumcision, I think the both of you have to sit down and talk it out but as for the name, don't ever let it happen. If she needed to give her child her parents' last name, she could have just gone for surrogation. angry
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by tpia5: 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2009
poster

you dont seem too coherent
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by tbaba83(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2009
sorry to confuse you guys. My mate and i both date white girls who happen to be friends and he got his white girlfriend pregnant only for the occurence mentioned above to happen. I on the other hand am looking at what he is going through and begining to panic since i do want to see my own relationship with me girl go far, hope i cleared all the confusion. Anyway thanks for the advice.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by sweetpie23: 10:49am On Aug 31, 2009
what shocked shocked you better not. for me, my insanity for love, haven't reach that far. same race dating is better. you better stay away from that relationship.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by AIRMARSHA: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2009
A U CRAZY WHY ON EARTH WOULD I DO SUCH I KNOW LOVE IS BLIND BUT NOT THAT BLIND.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by henryhemon(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2009
its a difficult situation but i gues there are still black good girls that are independent though very hard to find,have you tried letting her see reasons.walking away isn't always the best solution but if she doesn't see reason,kindly walk away.
Re: Would You Trade Your Religious And Cultural Beliefs For Love by Mitchelin(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2009
Another brother in jeopardy as a result of our womenfolk, well,all the posts on this topic seem to be on point. Dialogue is the key before the plunge,make her understand how things are down from where you hail. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Get Her Attracted To You / Is It Okay For A Man To Marry A Woman Older Than Him? / Describe Ur Dream Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.