Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting (4726 Views)

A Woman's Iphone Saved Her Life In Las Vegas Mass Shooting / Mass Shooting In Las Vegas Concert / Orlando Attack: Woman & Her Son Chat Before He Was Shot Dead At Orlando Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by UltraSphinx(m): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
hmmmn
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Meanwhile I heard one of the victims, Shane, the guy in the second pic was a singer in his church and the church has refused to bury him because of his sexuality, his mum was telling CNN. Oh well.

Lalasticlala.

angry
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Chuksemi(m): 7:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
masonkz:
Meanwhile I heard one of the victims, Shane, the guy in the second pic was a singer in his church and the church has refused to bury him because of his sexuality, his mum was telling CNN. Oh well.

Lalasticlala.

angry

Not every one has learnt to mind their business yet. The LGBT community has to keep persevering till true emancipation has been achieved.

Kindly visit www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates would love to get your thoughts.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 4:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
masonkz:

Lalasticlala.

angry

Why must the church bury him if he knew the church is against homosexuality?
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
9inches:

Why must the church bury him if he knew the church is against homosexuality?

If your Jesus (who they say is without sin) could allow a prostitute to wash his feet, what right does the church then have to deny someone?

The young man has held on to the church as his own. The least the damn church could do was to grant him burial.

Smdh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Chuksemi:

Not every one has learnt to mind their business yet. The LGBT community has to keep persevering till true emancipation has been achieved.

Kindly visit www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates would love to get your thoughts.

Sorry bro. Just seeing this. Hope you've gotten enough response to it...I see it already made front page.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

Sorry bro. Just seeing this. Hope you've gotten enough response to it...I see it already made front page.

Hi. I know I'm probably 2 years too late but i was going through the sexuality thread(was bored) and i was just blown awayyy.
O my God, the community and the friendship you guys shared there made me feel very warm. I mean the way you guys had each other's backs and just that feeling of family made me reach out to you.
I'm probably rambling because my brain is still in sleep mode but how are you?
Whatever happened to Hezzy? PM me if you want to.
Thanks.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Chuksemi(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

Yes boss. Thank you. Hope you're good?
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

If your Jesus (who they say is without sin) could allow a prostitute to wash his feet, what right does the church then have to deny someone?

The young man has held on to the church as his own. The least the damn church could do was to grant him burial.

Smdh

You're wrong. That's asking the Church to support and help promote gay, innit? We all sin as Christians but we don't walk around seeking justification for our sins and expecting to obtain mercy.

It will be utter disobedience if any person tries to justify fornication even with opposite sex, knowing fully well it is a sin and the Church's stance on such issue. Such individual can be denied a Church burial (or even some Sacraments) as well.

The Church welcomes all sinners like you, hoping you get the repentance and salvation you need. But that is not a leeway to try forcing the Church's rule to bend according to yours.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
9inches:

You're wrong. That's asking the Church to support and help promote gay, innit? We all sin as Christians but we don't walk around seeking justification for our sins and expecting to obtain mercy.

It will be utter disobedience if any person tries to justify fornication even with opposite sex, knowing fully well it is a sin and the Church's stance on such issue. Such individual can be denied a Church burial (or even some Sacraments) as well.

The Church welcomes all sinners like you, hoping you get the repentance and salvation you need. But that is not a leeway to try forcing the Church's rule to bend according to yours.

1. This man has served the church and did no one no harm. You and I have no idea what happened at the point of his death, but the church has already passed judgement on the man. Why not the church church bury him, taking into mind, the facts they know about him when he was alive? and leave what ever judgement there is to same "all-loving God" you all proclaim??

2. Show me where in your Bible that Jesus called out gay people. Note: I said Jesus, not any of the so-called apostles. Not all gay people have sex. So what constitutes your idea of sin is beyond my comprehension.

You Christians make me sick.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Chuksemi:

Yes boss. Thank you. Hope you're good?

Yes I am, thanks. I hope you are too. smiley smiley
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
redwriter:

Hi. I know I'm probably 2 years too late but i was going through the sexuality thread(was bored) and i was just blown awayyy.
O my God, the community and the friendship you guys shared there made me feel very warm. I mean the way you guys had each other's backs and just that feeling of family made me reach out to you.
I'm probably rambling because my brain is still in sleep mode but how are you?
Whatever happened to Hezzy? PM me if you want to.
Thanks.

Memories, memories, memories.... grin grin grin grin

Those times were the times of our lives on Nairaland!!! grin grin grin

We sure had each other's back. And the community on Nairaland kept growing by the day...sooo many funny posts and threads, so many of us ready to pounce on anyone that dares slur homophobic words at us. grin grin

And best part of it? Seun had our back grin grin grin

Mheen I sure had fun here. I haven;t heard from hezzy in a long while. Last I heard, he had left Nigeria to go study law in the US.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Chuksemi(m): 7:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

Yes I am, thanks. I hope you are too. smiley smiley

I am. Thank you. I need your help here please www.nairaland.com/3177671/nairalander-needs-vote-pictures . Thank you. (I know, I ask too much) sorry for inconveniences.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

Memories, memories, memories.... grin grin grin grin

Those times were the times of our lives on Nairaland!!! grin grin grin

We sure had each other's back. And the community on Nairaland kept growing by the day...sooo many funny posts and threads, so many of us ready to pounce on anyone that dares slur homophobic words at us. grin grin

And best part of it? Seun had our back grin grin grin

Mheen I sure had fun here. I haven;t heard from hezzy in a long while. Last I heard, he had left Nigeria to go study law in the US.

My dearrrrrrrr. You guys had soooo much fun. I've been asking myself what i was doing with myself in 2013:-)
From my own observation, it looks like HL was the heart of the group. When he left, y'all were never quite the same:-(
How come you guys lost contact though? Didn't you guys mail each other over the years? You guys need to fix that. Such a rare and beautiful friendship should not die online,uhuh.
Holla back, masonkz.
cheers
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
masonkz:

1. This man has served the church and did no one no harm. You and I have no idea what happened at the point of his death, but the church has already passed judgement on the man. Why not the church church bury him, taking into mind, the facts they know about him when he was alive? and leave what ever judgement there is to same "all-loving God" you all proclaim??

2. Show me where in your people that Jesus called out gay people. Note: I said Jesus, not any of the so-called apostles. Not all gay people have sex. So what constitutes your idea of sin is beyond my comprehension.

You Christians make me sick.

Noo maan! Being openly gay and proud does a lot of harm to the Church. Going to the Church and participating in Church activities does not make one a Catholic. Catholics believe and abide by the Catholic teachings. So, if you conclude that the gay dude isn't really a practicing catholic, you won't be far from the truth.

Why not join other denominations that approve of gay people and stop trying to "teach" the Church what should be acceptable snd what should not?

How many of Jesus' followers were gay and brandishing placards seeking for gay endorsement from Him?

Sorry for your sickness, go to the hospital and get tested. I can tell for sure your ailment wasn't caused by Christians.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by ValerianSteel(m): 4:34am On Jun 21, 2016
9inches your argument is pathetic and lame.

Last I checked,even a terrorist gets a priest to pray over him before his death sentence is carried.You make it appear the church only buries beautiful and perfect people.Wrong,the church keeps burying the worst set of people known to the society.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by debada(f): 9:21am On Jun 21, 2016
Really? Catholics abide? cry
I'm truly sorry for you. Its a catholic doctrine not to use contraceptives. So can you tell me you never use contraceptives when fornicating?

You know what? Even the priests are not sinless. Some of them go around sleeping and flirting with ladies of the church. Hell, a few years ago,there was a controversy involving priest who were paedophiles sleeping with little boys. So don't go around claiming shit about Catholics following doctrines.
MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW!

9inches:

Noo maan! Being openly gay and proud does a lot of harm to the Church. Going to the Church and participating in Church activities does not make one a Catholic. Catholics believe and abide by the Catholic teachings. So, if you conclude that the gay dude isn't really a practicing catholic, you won't be far from the truth.

Why not join other denominations that approve of gay people and stop trying to "teach" the Church what should be acceptable snd what should not?

How many of Jesus' followers were gay and brandishing placards seeking for gay endorsement from Him?

Sorry for your sickness, go to the hospital and get tested. I can tell for sure your ailment wasn't caused by Christians.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2016
Chuksemi:

I am. Thank you. I need your help here please www.nairaland.com/3177671/nairalander-needs-vote-pictures . Thank you. (I know, I ask too much) sorry for inconveniences.

Lol alright. I've voted. wink
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Chuksemi(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2016
masonkz:

Lol alright. I've voted. wink
Lol. Thanks, twice.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 12:54am On Jun 22, 2016
debada:
I'm truly sorry for you. Its a catholic doctrine not to use contraceptives. So can you tell me you never use contraceptives when fornicating?

You know what? Even the priests are not sinless. Some of them go around sleeping and flirting with ladies of the church. Hell, a few years ago,there was a controversy involving priest who were paedophiles sleeping with little boys. So don't go around claiming shit about Catholics following doctrines.
MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW!

Incase you were half asleep while reading my post, I will have to repost some parts of it which you missed. Look out for the bolded this time.

Being openly gay and proud does a lot of harm to the Church. Going to the Church and participating in Church activities does not make one a Catholic. Catholics believe and abide by the Catholic teachings.

I have used contraceptives and didn't feel proud using it. Neither did I try to justify it to the church.

My message is simple

1. Remain gay, pedophile, murderer, fornicatior etc, in the privacy of your home. That is between you and your God.

2. Recognise that it is a sin, God hates sin

3. Don't come out in the open to justify your sin, it makes it worse. Rather, you should ask God for forgiveness and the grace to overcome the urge leading you into such unpleasant behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 1:19am On Jun 22, 2016
ValerianSteel:
9inches your argument is pathetic and lame.

Last I checked,even a terrorist gets a priest to pray over him before his death sentence is carried.You make it appear the church only buries beautiful and perfect people.Wrong,the church keeps burying the worst set of people known to the society.

Your argument is so beautiful, it has wings and can fly.
Priests won't give Sacraments to any individual who willfully and OPENLY violates the rules of the Church AND instead of having remorse and making amends for his/her sins, tries to justify it.

Even Abubakar Shekau can, at the point of death, get a priest to hear his sins and grant him forgiveness. He will even be prayed for by a priest. The condition remains there must be remorse for his sins.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Audray(f): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2016
Bible thumping zombies always spoiling the mood. U guys really need to chill yo fanatic ass*s down.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
Audray:
Bible thumping zombies always spoiling the mood. U guys really need to chill yo fanatic ass*s down.

Nobody is thumping the bible here. Fools try to change what is designed to change them.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Audray(f): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
9inches:

Nobody is thumping the bible here. Fools try to change what is designed to change them.
Whatever
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 02, 2016
masonkz:

Lalasticlala.

angry

I couldn't respond to you in another post, but this post seems most appropriate since you are discussing gay men. RIP to all the victims. I wanted to say, please for the love of God do not deceive any woman and marry her just because your mum wants you to marry. At least find a lesbian woman who understands your plight. The two of you can have a marriage with children because both of you will understand what the other one needs.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
FlowerPower:

I couldn't respond to you in another post, but this post seems most appropriate since you are discussing gay men. RIP to all the victims. I wanted to say, please for the love of God do not deceive any woman and marry her just because your mum wants you to marry. At least find a lesbian woman who understands your plight. The two of you can have a marriage with children because both of you will understand what the other one needs.

Lol yea I know. That's the plan actually. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
9inches:

Incase you were half asleep while reading my post, I will have to repost some parts of it which you missed. Look out for the bolded this time.

Being openly gay and proud does a lot of harm to the Church. Going to the Church and participating in Church activities does not make one a Catholic. Catholics believe and abide by the Catholic teachings.

I have used contraceptives and didn't feel proud using it. Neither did I try to justify it to the church.

My message is simple

1. Remain gay, pedophile, murderer, fornicatior etc, in the privacy of your home. That is between you and your God.

2. Recognise that it is a sin, God hates sin

3. Don't come out in the open to justify your sin, it makes it worse. Rather, you should ask God for forgiveness and the grace to overcome the urge leading you into such unpleasant behaviour.

9inches:

Your argument is so beautiful, it has wings and can fly.
Priests won't give Sacraments to any individual who willfully and OPENLY violates the rules of the Church AND instead of having remorse and making amends for his/her sins, tries to justify it.
Even Abubakar Shekau can, at the point of death, get a priest to hear his sins and grant him forgiveness. He will even be prayed for by a priest. The condition remains there must be remorse for his sins.

I'm still trying to understand how all these your ranting is in sync with the topic at hand.

Did the deceased brandish his being gay to the church? No.

Did he carry placards to the church demanding for all what you wrote? No.

He went to the club, a gay club. Just like other young people go to the straight club.

So tell me. What is the difference in sin here if someone that goes to the gay club refuse to get buried yet a so-called straight person that dies while doing same would be gladly buried by the church.

It makes no sense to me. And that you're trying to justify the act of that church says a lot about what sort of human you are.

Christian indeed
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
masonkz:

I'm still trying to understand how all these your ranting is in sync with the topic at hand.

Did the deceased brandish his being gay to the church? No.

Did he carry placards to the church demanding for all what you wrote? No.

He went to the club, a gay club. Just like other young people go to the straight club.

So tell me. What is the difference in sin here if someone that goes to the gay club refuse to get buried yet a so-called straight person that dies while doing same would be gladly buried by the church.

It makes no sense to me. And that you're trying to justify the act of that church says a lot about what sort of human you are.

Christian indeed

He must have been openly gay for the Church to act like that. The Church has no problem with committing sin and asking for forgiveness, except when there is an attempt to justify sin and make it okay through words or actions done in public (most occasions). Is something wrong with your brain?
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
9inches:

He must have been openly gay for the Church to act like that. The Church has no problem with committing sin and asking for forgiveness, except when there is an attempt to justify sin and make it okay through words or actions done in public (most occasions). Is something wrong with your brain?

You're losing focus apparently.

This person was part of the choir in the church, not just a member. If he was openly gay, surely the church must have kicked him out way before now, rather than waiting for him to die then saying they can't bury him.

How logical is your thought process??

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by 9inches(m): 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
masonkz:

This person was part of the choir in the church, not just a member. If he was openly gay, surely the church must have kicked him out way before now, rather than waiting for him to die then saying they can't bury him.

I just told you how the Catholic church handles this issue. You are obviously basing your judgement 100% on what you read in the news while I'm telling you there's more to it than meets the eye.

The Church does not kick people out like you think. Some offenders can be denied Sacraments until they change and does the necessary things before they can be recalled back to Sacraments. Everybody, and I mean anybody is welcome to worship in the church, join the choir and various groups that abound in the church; but not everybody participates in everything the Church offers. The Catholic church preserves some things for those who are deemed obedient and loyal. It's as simple as that.
Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by khaz(m): 11:23am On Jul 22, 2016
masonkz:

Good day My boss. I Sent you a pm. I m a First Class (Hons ) graduate of Mathematics in search of a Job. I m a Follower of You. I 'll be grateful for your help. Please Reply my pm
Thanks

Re: Pictures And Stories Of The Victims Of The Orlando Mass Shooting by adebuzz(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2016
debada:

MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW!

debada:

MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW!

debada:

MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWW!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confederate Flag: Myths And Facts / Russian Nationalists Calls For Alaska To Be Returned To The Country After 150yrs / Ukrainian Soldier Captured And Caged Like A Dog By Putin's Boys...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.