Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,714 members, 7,840,782 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... (18292 Views)

Convert Sambisa Forest To Grazing Land For Herdsmen, Benue Youths Tell FG / Herdsmen Turn National Stadium , Abuja To Grazing Reserve / Southern Kaduna Says No To Grazing Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by PentiumPro(f): 9:27am On Jun 19, 2016
PhilemonObende:
Gov. Amosun is Ipob, we yoruba muslims want the fulanis to have our lands as grazing reserve, we gave them a huge chunk of ogun since 150 years why is amosun trying to say we cannot have grazing reserves in yorubaland when we love bokotor so much.

Stop this immature contribution. You are becoming a huge nuisance on NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Ikamenze(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
PentiumPro:

Stop this immature contribution. You are becoming a huge nuisance on NL

I know right? He's so annoying! And immature.....

You are so beautiful!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by raumdeuter: 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

It seems to me as if you'd be OK with designated grazing zones for herdsmen so that they can move around while their way of life is preserved.

If billions of naira are spent to build road networks which cut across several states, what is wrong with a grazing area which would allow herdsmen to move their products much like you move yours through the said road networks?

Can we have same benefits for those who would like rear our pigs in open range in the Northern states.

They sell these animals for profit, then they should make investment in ranches in the Northern states and pass the cost into the selling price of cattle

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Can we have same benefits for those who would like rear our pigs in open range in the Northern states.

They sell these animals for profit, then they should make investment in ranches in the Northern states and pass the cost into the selling price of cattle

Our focus on this problem should be herdsmen vs farmers. When those of you who raise pigs start having problems which turn into violence, we can discuss how to solve them. Lets stay focused if we can. Thanks
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by HirstMOG(m): 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
they want grazing reserve for Fulani herdsmen even in States they don't have anything in common yet they don't want to give Niger Deltans 50% control of their God given natural resources. the problem about we Nigerians is that we always crave for peace, but what about justice?

2 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Amosun is one of the smartest governors we have.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

With due respect, I am not proposing infringing upon anyone's rights. What we have here is a major conflict between the way of life of many Nigerian herdsmen, who have the right to roam around anywhere in the country, and farmers whose crops are being destroyed as a result of grazing.

When the herdsmen's way of life is threatened by urban sprawl, population growth etc, they respond with violence. I'm of the opinion that anyone who is caught in the said act of violence should be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Thinking out of the box, in my opinion, includes taking the first step and providing a "grazing highway" to the herdsmen which would limit the conflicts and actually save lives.

The herdsmen have a constitutional right to free and safe movement throughout the entire country. The said grazing zone will significantly reduce these violent conflicts which have become all too familiar.

Madam, the Federal and State governments spend billions of naira to build road networks for you and other "domesticated" Nigerians. Without those roads, you too may have to cut across people's property to get from point A to point B, causing conflicts which could become violent.

The truth of the matter is, the herdsmen are nomads and it is their constitutional right to remain so, if they wish.

I am 100% for looking for ways to reduce the violence. Amosun's statement is irresponsible, narrow minded, and actually silly

Nonsense! Nduchuks, you have freedom of movement but does that give you the right to wander into my land? Son't I have constitutional right to security of life and my property? Nobody is denying Freedom of movement but owners of the Land are saying don't come on my land....my land is not yours! when did right to ffree movement supersede right to security of life and property?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

Our focus on this problem should be herdsmen vs farmers. When those of you who raise pigs start having problems which turn into violence, we can discuss how to solve them. Lets stay focused if we can. Thanks

Nice try buddy, and humorous too. You know very well, despite your flimsy pretense to ignorance, that Raum Dauter is merely presenting a hypothetical case for consideration, by rhetorically asking whether northerners in their homeland, who universally DESPISE pigs out of religious conviction, would allow anyone to herd pigs through their streets in the way northerners herd cattle through the streets of towns and cities EVERYWHERE in Nigeria.

Well, as you also know very well, NO northern Nigerian town's Muslim inhabitants would allow any pig-rearing INFIDEL (non-Muslim) to herd or keep pigs ANYWHERE that they could be seen by the general public, talk less of walking them down city streets, an act which in northern Nigeria would probably earn the pig herder instant decapitation by a screeching mob of bloodthirsty fundamentalist fanatics, who would then proceed to parade the town with the severed pig farmer's head on a stick, along with those of several heads of his pet pigs, for good measure.

Now we are hopefully on the same page regarding the ZERO tolerance northern Nigerians would display towards any southerner, or other non-Muslim that is foolhardy enough to display FORBIDDEN pigs to Muslims in their homeland, perhaps you can come off your high horse, and also kindly stuff your quaint suggestion that SOUTHERNERS should tolerate NORTHERN terrorist cattle men and their herds of free-range cows, to roam randomly while consuming the precious food crops by the ton, before later graduating up to ALLOCATING southern land to themselves by virtue of forcibly IMPOSED federal law, passed under the guise of seeking "cooperation", between the crop destroyers and their perennial victims, the southern farmers.

Perhaps you ought to take a couple of weeks to visit a CIVILIZED nation sometime in your life, Megida Alhaji Chucks, and take note of how THOUSANDS of cattle are confined to FEED LOTS, where they spend their entire lives, eating like battery chickens out of long troughs into which trucks daily pour tons of grain and other formulated feed. Those cows feed entire cities, yet are NEVER imposed on the civil population in the form of highway blocking herds.

Furthermore, the owners of feed lots buy the land required for their industrialized farms at current market prices, and subject to zoning regulations that ensure those very smelly establishments are sited FAR from human habitation. The governments of CIVILIZED nations have NO business ALLOCATING land to PRIVATE cattle farmers, as you seem so desperate to argue should be the case in Nigeria.

Finally, despite the fact that your land-grabbing idol, Ushman Dan Fodio did such a good job of CONQUERING and ENSLAVING large swathes of the African continent hundreds of years ago, times have indeed changed for the better, thank goodness. Get with the times, sir, and start educating yourself by looking carefully at the following pictures of COW FEED LOTS. That is the way forward, Megida, and NOT your proposed land grab, which as a concept is already dead in the water, rest assured.

As a Niaraland writer suggested earlier, there is PLENTY of space for cattle feed lots in the Sambisa Forest, where most of the terrorist, women-hunting, farmer slaughtering, village looting Boko Haram "cattle herders" originate from anyway. Take your chit over there, and thank you so much for your cooperation. God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nkemjacob2(m): 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
Good decision amosun. Am ashame to tell people rochas okorocha is my governor
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jakumo:

Nice try buddy, and humorous too. You know very well, despite your flimsy pretense to ignorance, that Raum Dauter is merely presenting a hypothetical case for consideration, by rhetorically asking whether northerners in their homeland, who universally DESPISE pigs out of religious conviction, would allow anyone to herd pigs through their streets in the way northerners herd cattle through the streets of towns and cities EVERYWHERE in Nigeria.

Well, as you also know very well, NO northern Nigerian town's Muslim inhabitants would allow any pig-rearing INFIDEL (non-Muslim) to herd or keep pigs ANYWHERE that they could be seen by the general public, talk less of walking them down city streets, an act which in northern Nigeria would probably earn the pig herder instant decapitation by a screeching mob of bloodthirsty fundamentalist fanatics, who would then proceed to parade the town with the severed pig farmer's head on a stick, along with those of several heads of his pet pigs, for good measure.

Now we are hopefully on the same page regarding the ZERO tolerance northern Nigerians would display towards any southerner, or other non-Muslim that is foolhardy enough to display FORBIDDEN pigs to Muslims in their homeland, perhaps you can come off your high horse, and also kindly stuff your quaint suggestion that SOUTHERNERS should tolerate NORTHERN terrorist cattle men and their herds of free-range cows, to roam randomly while consuming the precious food crops by the ton, before later graduating up to ALLOCATING southern land to themselves by virtue of forcibly IMPOSED federal law, passed under the guise of seeking "cooperation", between the crop destroyers and their perennial victims, the southern farmers.

As I told the poster you referred to, the issue of raising pigs has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, and is not germane to this thread. It is nothing but a red herring.

As to your insecurity with Usman Dan Fodio's historical conquests, I'm afraid I can cure you of that.

The Fulani nomads have chosen to live as nomads, while other Fulanis, including our great President, choose not to live as such. The issue here is how to resolve the conflicts between nomadic herdsmen and farmers. Until now, you have offered zero solution. If you have any practical solution other than those itemized the National Grazing bill, which you vehemently oppose, I'm all ears.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
vodutive:

Nonsense! Nduchuks, you have freedom of movement but does that give you the right to wander into my land? Son't I have constitutional right to security of life and my property? Nobody is denying Freedom of movement but owners of the Land are saying don't come on my land....my land is not yours! when did right to ffree movement supersede right to security of life and property?

What is your objection to the National Grazing bill which would solve the problems faced by the land owners you described above?
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

As I told the poster you referred to, the issue of raising pigs has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, and is not germane to this thread. It is nothing but a red herring.

As to your insecurity with Usman Dan Fodio's historical conquests, I'm afraid I can cure you of that.

The Fulani nomads have chosen to live as nomads, while other Fulanis, including our great President, choose not to live as such. The issue here is how to resolve the conflicts between nomadic herdsmen and farmers. Until now, you have offered zero solution. If you have any practical solution other than those itemized the National Grazing bill, which you vehemently oppose, I'm all ears.

Keep preaching sir ha ha ha. Only in your expansionist DREAMS will you and your Boko Haram cows grab land by force of government decree in modern DEMOCRATIC Nigeria. The dark years of dictatorship and camel jockeys taking slaves are long over. Wake up and face reality. It really is over, all that chit.

Just answer this one polite question, if you will. Why NOT relocate to the Sambisa Forest, with all your cows ? There is water there, and lots of land. Go there NOW, and pretty soon you will wonder why you had all those bizarre hallucinations that led you to believe you and your flea and tick infested cows are ENTITLED to just GRAB land anywhere you please, without paying market prices, and by force of government decree.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jakumo:

Keep preaching sir ha ha ha. Only in your expansionist DREAMS will you and your Boko Haram cows grab land by force of government decree in modern DEMOCRATIC Nigeria. The dark years of dictatorship and camel jockeys taking slaves are long over. Wake up and face reality. It really is over, all that chit.

There is no intention whatsoever to grab any land by force. Protect yourself from unrealistic imaginations which could becloud your better judgment.

Time will tell whether the bill will become law. When it does, I'm sure the online yapping will continue.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by yom2(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

With due respect, I am not proposing infringing upon anyone's rights. What we have here is a major conflict between the way of life of many Nigerian herdsmen, who have the right to roam around anywhere in the country, and farmers whose crops are being destroyed as a result of grazing.

When the herdsmen's way of life is threatened by urban sprawl, population growth etc, they respond with violence. I'm of the opinion that anyone who is caught in the said act of violence should be arrested and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Thinking out of the box, in my opinion, includes taking the first step and providing a "grazing highway" to the herdsmen which would limit the conflicts and actually save lives.

The herdsmen have a constitutional right to free and safe movement throughout the entire country. The said grazing zone will significantly reduce these violent conflicts which have become all too familiar.

Madam, the Federal and State governments spend billions of naira to build road networks for you and other "domesticated" Nigerians. Without those roads, you too may have to cut across people's property to get from point A to point B, causing conflicts which could become violent.

The truth of the matter is, the herdsmen are nomads and it is their constitutional right to remain so, if they wish.

I am 100% for looking for ways to reduce the violence. Amosun's statement is irresponsible, narrow minded, and actually silly

[quote author=nduchucks post=46689149]

[/quote ] for ur mind it all looks so simple, though actually seems noble. But before u continue championing dis idea, first go and read d history of nigeria from 18 century then u ll get a better picture of why people are scared
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by francizy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
modath:

Ranching is the way to go!! Dazall....

SIA ti o common, SIA on point.. he might be Bubu's confidante but what's wrong can't ever be wished right...

are you sure you wish to go against your darling bubu on this one?? wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

There is no intention whatsoever to grab any land by force. Protect yourself from unrealistic imaginations which could becloud your better judgment.

Time will tell whether the bill will become law. When it does, I'm sure the online yapping will continue.

Now we are getting somewhere at last Megida Alhaji Chucks. The BILL is what you have reposed all your hopes and aspirations upon. Is that not correct ?

My question to you is why the puck is a government BILL needed in the first place ? Nigeria is a free market economy, and most of the arable land in Nigeria land is owned by private individuals who may, or may NOT be willing to sell land to you and your herds of cows. Why seeking government intervention into what is inherently a voluntary process of negotiation and purchase, for those land owners who wish to sell ?

Do you feel people should be FORCED by the government to sell their land if they do NOT want to do so ?

Please enlighten this hardened, unrepentant infidel. I wish to learn more about the way your mind works, because it really is fascinating to hear your increasingly desperate arguments in favor of authorizing government LAND GRABS in southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by TheNewIbadan: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
francizy:

She's Yoruba. The beauty about Yorubas is that they're very logical and democratic, unlike the over sensitive chestbeating cowards from the SE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by modath(f): 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
francizy:

Stop being mischievous, you just dey find my mouth, smiley support for Bubu is not superior to my tribal & familial identity....... There is a distinction between support & selling out, we aren't lost souls.. smiley

Where have you been?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Owliver(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

It seems to me as if you'd be OK with designated grazing zones for herdsmen so that they can move around while their way of life is preserved.

If billions of naira are spent to build road networks which cut across several states, what is wrong with a grazing area which would allow herdsmen to move their products much like you move yours through the said road networks?
ways of life preserved ke? this one Don mad oh.

your way of life is affecting my way of life in my land and you talking nonsense. get out jo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 8:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jakumo:

Now we are getting somewhere at last Megida Alhaji Chucks. The BILL is what you have reposed all your hopes and aspirations upon. Is that not correct ?

My question to you is why the puck is a government BILL needed in the first place ? Nigeria is a free market economy, and most of the arable land in Nigeria land is owned by private individuals who may, or may NOT be willing to sell land to you and your herds of cows. Why seeking government intervention into what is inherently a voluntary process of negotiation and purchase, for those land owners who wish to sell ?

Do you feel people should be FORCED by the govenment to sell their land if they do NOT want to do so ?

Please enlighten this hardened, unrepentant infidel. I wish to learn more about the way your mind works, because it really is fascinating to hear your increasingly desperate arguments in favor of authorizing government LAND GRABS in southern Nigeria.

Implementation of the provisions of the bill will save lives and reduce the violence we see across the country due to conflicting interests. It is irresponsible not to look for a solution which could save lives.

Your land grab argument is hypocritical at best. I do not hear your likes screaming "Land Grab" when States and Federal governments acquire land to build roads, highways, Universities, etc, which benefit you. There are mechanisms in place for legally acquiring land for the said grazing purposes. So stop using the nonsensical land grab argument. May I also suggest that you get hold of the said grazing bill and read.

Please note: If you decide to call yourself a hardened, unrepentant infidel, that is your cup of tea; it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of discussion. It is also noteworthy that my dagger is always nearby cool
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by tiwiex(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

I wholeheartedly disagree with you regarding the statement above. The conflict at hand is becoming more violent and threatens the security of host communities and herdsmen alike. You'd also agree with me that this has become a national problem. To say that this is an issue of private business is a bit insincere.

The nature of the problem calls for government involvement at the federal level. The grazing zone proposal, if implemented, will be a very good first step. Note that some of the land allotted to grazing could come from land areas already vested to the Federal Government within any state. The remaining areas would be purchased from current land owners or donated by state governments. Farmers and others who may be displaced would be adequately compensated, much like states compensate displaced people due to development activities.

@ Jakumo, there is nothing in the proposed legislation which suggests, Land Grab, as you put it.

Guys, this is a very workable first step solution.

I really think this is an opportunity for government to get this right once a d for all. It is a business. I won't be surprised if it is worth a trillion naira annually. Yet, no tax accrued to government. The grazing zone sounds like government intervention and just an excuse not to do anything. Dem never fix power na to dey map grazing zones remain? Let it run as a business. Make the normadic activity illegal in the south and middle belt. It is not a problem up north. That way, southerners can decide to own ranches and do their own business. This grazing zone will cause problem oh. Next thing, they will fight for their local government then we have Plateau State all over again. God help us.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by tiwiex(m): 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

The herds man have a right to movement. I am not aware the constitution also includes cows. Let's stop this constitutional rights story jare. The fact that it had been ignored does not make it right. It is time to do it right. Do u see cows roaming d street in d US or UK? This is why people have been screaming about education up north. But dem go dey argue. Now we have herdsmen who dont know better and don't care to improve. The solution. Government should just ban it. Then the business men up front would see a business case for ranches. I have always wished for this day. All those express roads with bushes along the road should have been ranch belts. There is an opportunity. But letting people without ID cards with no understanding of English roaming from land to land his trespassing. This grazing zone issue will not end well. Ban it, then the business men up north will pounce on d opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

[size=16pt] It is also noteworthy that my dagger is always nearby [/size] cool

Thank you for this clarification. Now your underlying mindset has been laid bare for all to see. You and your ilk are ready to KILL in the process of forcibly annexing land for your cattle in southern Nigeria. Thank you for spelling this out so eloquently. It is now up to your intended victims to formulate their own self preservation methodologies.

Best of luck sir, with all the wanton stabbing you intend to perpetrate as a last resort, if things don't go your way. We will see, in the fullness of time, how this approach works out for y'all.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Jakumo:

Thank you for this clarification. Now your underlying mindset has been laid bare for all to see. You and your ilk are ready to KILL in the process of forcibly annexing land for your cattle in southern Nigeria. Thank you for spelling this out so eloquently. It is now up to your intended victims to formulate their own self preservation methodologies.

Best of luck sir, with all the wanton stabbing you intend to perpetrate as a last resort, if things don't go your way. We will see, in the fullness of time, how this approach works out for y'all.

I was hoping that the mention of that dagger would have the effect of chasing you away, leaving me with less challenging folks to deal with, on the thread. The plan may have worked. cool
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by BermudaTriangle(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
quote author=nduchucks post=46676205]

This is a very insensitive statement which smacks of ignorance. It completely ignores the nomadic way of life of the herdsmen. To truly solve the problem at hand one must consider all of its components and apply ingenious solutions.

Thinking outside of the box coupled with wisdom is essential here.[/quote]

Rather, its your post that smacks of abject ignorance. Normadic way of life in the 21st century ? Am sorry if anyone needs a thinking cap here, its @nduchuks.

Is Nigeria the only country in the world where cattle is reared ? But why do we have this problem only in Nigeria ?

The only reason for going normadic was the available primitive way of feeding the
cattle which should've long given way to the modern method of ranching. Is it a curse that fulanis must be normadic ?
Why are non-cattle-rearing fulanis not normadic.
The use of the term "Normadic way of life" to advance a point in support of an archaic way of life no longer holds water. It has become a cloak under which
criminals hide to perpetrate attrocities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by am4truth(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

This is a very insensitive statement which smacks of ignorance. It completely ignores the nomadic way of life of the herdsmen. To truly solve the problem at hand one must consider all of its components and apply ingenious solutions.

Thinking outside of the box coupled with wisdom is essential here.

Excuse me, you are totally wrong. You are not been objective. Do you or any of your family members have a farmland that provides source of income for u and your family? If yes, how would you feel like if these people u are supporting invade your farmland and 'finish' everything there?
Pls let's be objective, we need to be moving forward as a nation, cattle ranch is the solution. Its a business for them, let them look for better ways of feeding their cattles instead of causing havoc that could bring problems to the country.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Ochife(m): 9:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
finally a Governor that has sense, God bless u
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by Jakumo(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
nduchucks:

I was hoping that the mention of that dagger would have the effect of chasing you away, leaving me with less challenging folks to deal with, on the thread. The plan may have worked. cool

You got jokes ha ha. Reality is far removed from the virtual world, but please do go ahead and indulge yourself in the fantasy of imagining that threatening violence will "scare" readers away from their "dangerous" computer screen, deep in the Sambisa Forest of their living rooms ha ha.

I'll play along, just to humor you. Do you own a gun as well, or is it just the dagger than one needs to be scared of up in here ?

1 Like

Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by nduchucks: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
am4truth:

Excuse me, you are totally wrong. You are not been objective. Do you or any of your family members have a farmland that provides source of income for u and your family? If yes, how would you feel like if these people u are supporting invade your farmland and 'finish' everything there?
Pls let's be objective, we need to be moving forward as a nation, cattle ranch is the solution. Its a business for them, let them look for better ways of feeding their cattles instead of causing havoc that could bring problems to the country.

A grazing zone would significantly reduce, if not eliminate these conflicting interests
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by tiwiex(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
modath:

I didn't make this tribal, I can't claim to be detribalized cos that will be falsehood from the depth of hell BUT I don't examine events from tribal perspectives ONLY, that isn't MO style, It's the exclusive preserve of small minded souls....

Can you explain what that part highlighted means? I am the one making it tribal bah? undecided

The herdsmen will be encouraged to embrace ranching like they did their rubber shoes & clothes, Life is evolving, they can't be allowed to "choose" to subjugate us in our lands!! NAH!!!

N.B... "lots" was uncalled for, apologies.. things got heated/emotional but I still stand by the fact that you northerners are trying to strong arm the south into "bowing" to the cattle grazing route thing & God willing we won't take it! cool

I agree. Land is the most important factor of production and is an input to doing business. There is no indication so far that this land will be leased by the herdsmen. It sounds like an entitlement and it will turn around to hurt the nation as a whole. Like I said, the illiteracy up north led to the failure to have modernized this industry a long time ago. Now we have this mess that the government wants to legalize and spread the burden and risk across the narion.. It will end badly because the grazing route will never be adhered too. This is the time for d rich people up north to start working out a sustenable system up north and if businesses down south see d opportunity, then they can set up ranch belts too. This grazing route is just an excuse to ignore d problem. Y not legalize land for pigery and all that too? It is a business, let the factor of production be considered as cost and let it translate to the price of meat. But this grazing zone on peoples land na trouble we dey find. Next thing na their local government dem go dey demand for. The cultures don't mix at all. I am not a tribalist but we know tribes and religion cause a lot of conflict. Let's not legalize d conflict.
Re: Amosun ; No To Grazing Routes In Ogun State... by francizy(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

She's Yoruba. The beauty about Yorubas is that they're very logical and democratic, unlike the over sensitive chestbeating cowards from the SE.

i didnt recall mentioning a tribalisic imp so i dont understand this tanker load of watery faecal deposit...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4000 PDP Members In Katsina Decamp To APC (Photos) / INEC, Tribunal Frustrating My Petitions – Olusola Eleka / Oshiomhole Retracts Defaming Comments Against Governor Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 210
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.