Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (9110 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
anselm791:
What kind of God will she be if she goes about proving herself just because Seun wants evidence, I for one, will sure not want to to worship that kinda god.
But happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

No, evidence that a human spoke to a non human who in turn provided evidence that it created the universe.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Seun(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2016
anselm791:
What kind of God will she be if she goes about proving herself just because Seun wants evidence, I for one, will sure not want to to worship that kinda god.
What if her refusal to prove herself is a sign that she does not want to be worshipped? In that case, she would be most pleased by atheists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by anselm791(m): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2016
Seun:

What if her refusal to prove herself is a sign that she does not want to be worshipped? In that case, she would be most pleased by atheists.

He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a sign? Truly I tell you, no sign will be given to it." - mark 8:12 NIV

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by promise10: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
Seun:

Could this mean that many atheists like you don't believe in God, because they don't want God to be in charged?

God has prove himself time without numbers via miracles. So if you are sincere just like I was in the days of my ignorance to know that he is, just take a team, with HD cameras and go to a crusade ground and see it HAPPENNING BEFORE YOUR EYES. I would suggest you to go to kumuyi, lord's chosen, benny hinn, reinhard bonke, paul enenche.

Just give it a try, then you will know the truth.

See, any day I will hear that God is begging people to believe in him via any means, I will just reject him, because he is now an idol.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
promise10:

Could this mean that many atheists like you don't believe in God, because they don't want God to be in charged?

God has prove himself time without numbers via miracles. So if you are sincere just like I was in the days of my ignorance to know that he is, just take a team, with HD cameras and go to a crusade ground and see it HAPPENNING BEFORE YOUR EYES. I would suggest you to go to kumuyi, lord's chosen, benny hinn, reinhard bonke, paul enenche.

Just give it a try, then you will know the truth.

See, any day I will hear that God is begging people to believe in him via any means, I will just reject him, because he is now an idol.

Benny Hinn is a fraudster. Try again.

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2014/12/08/the-five-most-disturbing-things-about-a-benny-hinn-miracle-service/35348

1. You’ll second-guess your Bible knowledge.

When you hear Benny Hinn make statements like, “The prophets all prospered. They had no debt . . . ” it stops you in your tracks. Wait — what? No they weren’t. Were they? You might grab your Bible to check, or you might just realize, Of course that’s not right. What about Elijah, who lived in a cave and had ravens bring him bread to eat? Or John the Baptist, who wore clothing made of camel’s hair and ate locusts and honey?

2. You’ll realize he’s in control of everything in his world.

From the musician to his audience to the very God he claims to represent, Hinn exerts control over it all. He orders his pianist to play a certain way, and tells him to stop and switch it up when he wants a different mood. He tells his audience how to worship and how much money to give him. And he knows his audience so well — he mentions their material needs, then says things like, “I want you to sow $1,200, because I believe 120 is the number of liberty in the Bible.” Then he confidently promises they’ll be debt free in one year, as if he’s in control of that, too.

3. You’ll wrestle with your negative thoughts.

My first instinct was to write off everything that happened under the leadership of Benny Hinn as blasphemous — an offense to the very gospel he claims to preach. But, as you look around the room and see men and women worshipping God with abandon, you realize something. Maybe these people, who trust and believe Hinn, are actually having authentic experiences with Jesus, despite the man guiding them. Maybe these people are actually finding genuine faith in a place that is otherwise tinged by deceit.

And then, for a Christian like me, the thought creeps in: Could it be that God is using Benny Hinn for the salvation of souls? In a small, but significant and confusing and flustering way, this question complicates the otherwise strong desire in me for Hinn’s ministry to be shut down for good.

4. You’ll discover that he owns up to the prosperity gospel.

Unlike the Joel Osteens of the world, Hinn embraces the prosperity gospel by name. He even calls out “anti-prosperity pastors” and says they just don’t get it. At a Holy Spirit Miracle Sevice, Hinn will say “sow your seed” and “prosperity is for real” more times than you can count. And more:

You can’t expect millions from the Lord if you give him some small amount.
In Jesus’ name, we’ll have surplus. Financial surplus is mine . . . is ours.
You’re coming out of debt in the next 12 months if you really believe this.

Hinn even sends you mail a week later, complete with return envelope and offering card, reminding you to sow your “seed-gift” in order to change your circumstances.

Benny Hinn’s ministry can be summed up in his own words: “God’s goal for your life is prosperity.” By that, he doesn’t mean spiritual prosperity, life everlasting in the presence of God. No, he means material wealth, physical health, and general prosperity — which looks quite unlike Jesus’ call to deny ourselves and take up our cross daily.

5. You may end up walking out.

For two reasons. One, these things last upwards of five hours. But the main reason you won’t last the five hours is that you’ll get to a point of such total outrage at what he’s saying that you won’t be able to stomach hearing it any longer. I was (barely) able to endure two and a half hours of “God is about to place a ton of seed in your hands” and “I sense an anointing for this. It’s going to last four-and-a-half minutes” before I had to get out.

(Disclosure: apparently, by leaving halfway through, I missed the faith healings, the slaying in the Spirit, and his message. Lucky me, I was there for the over two-hour warm-up of “give me your money and you’ll be debt free.”)

When the service first started, I found Hinn somewhat humorous. Then I realized the thousand-plus people there were taking every word he said as truth, and I felt really sad for those people.

But it didn’t take long for that feeling to be replaced by anger. Hinn is taking advantage of hurting people — and using Jesus to do so, no less. That’s why you walk out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / The Hijab Can Decieve You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.