Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,324 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (9099 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by hturb(m): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2016
Weah96:

Subatomic particles don't obey our physical laws. It is possible doesn't mean that the event occurred. You guys are the only one asserting something with 200% certainty. We admit ignorance, and try to come up with ideas and suggestions that are compatible with reality.

You claim to have a manual for human life which was dictated by the creator of the universe. Why can't you understand how big of a claim that is? If you decide to tell me tomorrow that Blue Ivy, Beyonce's child, is really your baby, that claim would be extremely ridiculous. But it still would pale in comparison to the "god told someone to tell us" claim that you expect me to believe.
Don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible that the source of the universe is a talking being who spoke a long time ago to Jews and told them to compose a book.
All you have to do now is show me why I should listen to you. I'm willing to concede defeat in the face of reliable evidence.

Owkay ...to the man I luv to rply so much. u always claim u have an open mind but u need prove to believe, I also need proof to believe ur great great grandparents exists of course there could be a possibility dat a big bang f notin happened and created them,y are u so sure they were given birth d normal way as humans do??,the point where u athiest don't get is this,for a subatomic particle not to obey our physical laws,there has to be another law which it obeys and dat law is God...like I always say take a bunch of pins,pointd nails,paper,water,oil and throw them all at once in ur room on ur bed,ur wall sockets,ur extensions..and stay in it for a week and see the amount f catastrophe u will cause for ur life,even the world u live in is enough proof it was created by a supreme being that has put in all dna's distinct characteristics or behaviours,a camel will never run faster than a horse,an antelope will never eat a lion,trees will never walk,elephants will never be carnivorous,the sun will never cm out at nite,and d moon by day...even u a fellow creator u should knw dis,trains don't reverse,ships dnt move on land,cars can't mve on water...if u as a human can see all these created by ur own hands and knw they didnt explode from a bigbang of nothing...y is it so difficult for u to believe dat a supreme being created all dese tins u see,knwin fully well they have similar mechanics with what uve created with ur own hands.like I always say "nothing happens frm tin air,there will always be a cause and effect,trace it back to anywhere in histry u wish,if there is an "effect "then there is a cause.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2016
hturb:
Owkay ...to the man I luv to rply so much. u always claim u have an open mind but u need prove to believe, I also need proof to believe ur great great grandparents exists of course there could be a possibility dat a big bang f notin happened and created them,y are u so sure they were given birth d normal way as humans do??, the point where u athiest don't get is this,for a subatomic particle not to obey our physical laws,there has to be another law which it obeys and dat law is God.. .like I always say take a bunch of pins,pointd nails,paper,water,oil and throw them all at once in ur room on ur bed,ur wall sockets,ur extensions..and stay in it for a week and see the amount f catastrophe u will cause for ur life,even the world u live in is enough proof it was created by a supreme being that has put in all dna's distinct characteristics or behaviours,a camel will never run faster than a horse,an antelope will never eat a lion,trees will never walk,elephants will never be carnivorous,the sun will never cm out at nite,and d moon by day...even u a fellow creator u should knw dis,trains don't reverse,ships dnt move on land,cars can't mve on water...if u as a human can see all these created by ur own hands and knw they didnt explode from a bigbang of nothing...y is it so difficult for u to believe dat a supreme being created all dese tins u see,knwin fully well they have similar mechanics with what uve created with ur own hands.like I always say "nothing happens frm tin air,there will always be a cause and effect,trace it back to anywhere in histry u wish,if there is an "effect "then there is a cause.

Once again, you're not here to defend an amorphous God. God to me means the source of the universe, whatever it was. Everyone already knows that the universe had a point of origin. Some people, including myself, choose to refer to that source as God.

You're here to defend the Bible version of what the God is. The Bible says that Yahweh is God, he speaks to human beings, and is willing to provide evidence either directly to the skeptic, or indirectly through your signs and wonders.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by hturb(m): 10:42am On Jun 19, 2016
Weah96:

You already know that human beings come from sexual intercourse. To doubt that my grandparents exist is too admit that you don't know how humans are formed.

Check out the bolded question above. Once again you're ignoring your position as a theist on the matter.
Theists don't just say that a god created the universe. The Bible represents an even bigger claim than that. They claim to have made contact with the god, it speaks English, and it was the god's idea to record his conversation for others to read later.

This, by the way, is in spite of the fact that the god is in your bedroom daily, speaking to you.
b4 I reply u any furthr which I wld luv 2,I wld luv 2 knw ur stand because u confuse me a lot with ur writeup are u an athiest or agnostic ..cos this 2 groups both hav thir various baggage as do I...lemme determin d ailment so I can prescribe a drug.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by hturb(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2016
Weah96:

Once again, you're not here to defend an amorphous God. God to me means the source of the universe, whatever it was. Everyone already knows that the universe had a point of origin. Some people, including myself, choose to refer to that source as God.

You're here to defend the Bible version of what the God is. The Bible says that Yahweh is God, he speaks to human beings, and is willing to provide evidence either directly to the skeptic, or indirectly through your signs and wonders.

...u already knw there is a God,ur halfway tru,ur prob now is with yahweh,lemme say this I'm not here to defend the bible version of God but the jesus version of God who judges righteously,compassionate,whose creations have despised him and become evil...since u already knw dere is a God,just live a gud life and guess what u just might be lucky to be saved when the son of man descends down with glory to judge mankind.and when he descends all mankind will see him...that wld be enough proof for u I guess??
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by thehomer: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2016
johnydon22:

Its mostly sad when you don't really understand the scientific thesis you used...

there is another thing i noticed that is laughable, theists open threads trying hard to reconcile scientific facts with their religious texts.

you see threads like 'Science agrees with the bible' where they try hard to reinterpret religious texts to mean what they want.

when you open such a thread you'll still see a situation when evolution comes up, the same person who opened the thread will be the same to say science is nonsensical and irrational propelled by the devil..

outrightly deny and talk down on the same science you are begging to agree with your religious texts.

it's hilarious

most of these arguments are based on emotions and gut feelings rather than intellectual curiosity and honesty

I find the attempt to drag science down to the level of religion curious because it suggests that on some level in the mind of the person doing that, they accept the poverty of religious ideas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Weah96: 11:24am On Jun 19, 2016
hturb:
b4 I reply u any furthr which I wld luv 2,I wld luv 2 knw ur stand because u confuse me a lot with ur writeup are u an athiest or agnostic ..cos this 2 groups both hav thir various baggage as do I...lemme determin d ailment so I can prescribe a drug.

I don't believe in an anthropomorphic god as the source of the universe. But I'm willing to be convinced with evidence, signs and wonders that are accepted worldwide.

However, I do believe that the universe had a source and it is this unknown source that I refer to as God.

The Bible says that the source is Yahweh and Nigerian adults claim to speak to him daily.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Domislaz(m): 11:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Joshuabase:

I don't think you read this thread properly before posting.

You're posting a definition of dimension as unit of measurement in physics. That's not what we're talking about, we're talking about spatial and temporal dimensions. (space-time)

Please look up the definition of dimension as regards to minkowski space-time. I have more knowledge of physics than your tiny mind could ever hope to comprehend.

So you now admit that Dimension in physics can also have another definition which is the same as what that guy(rawgame) posted. Why not educate your coadjutors who think otherwise? His first post that you quoted, didn't you see him agree with the spacetime definition? You cherrypicked a part of his post without asking him what he meant.

You people just gave me a very good reason not to be an Atheist. It seems the minds of Atheists are excessively skewed.

One other thing, you can never and will never know physics more than me. In short, don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by thehomer: 11:33am On Jun 19, 2016
rawgame:

As in, like seriously? OK then you are little different because most Atheists will not want to answer this as it will make them sound ridiculous.

Well I've answered it.

rawgame:

This is getting interesting, what if I may ask? But you just admitted that this equation makes sense
NOBODY+NOTHING=EVERYTHING

I don't know. It makes sense because our understanding of "nothing" has changed

rawgame:

My emphasis was that Einstein actually made a discovery(which means it was not known) that the universe comprises of these basic components. This discovery was parallel which a Biblical account. Moreover, Einstein also stipulated that this components had a beginning.

Your emphasis is still wrong. The concepts were known before Einstein's time. And creation is not energy. Trying to force the words of ignorant people in history to fit what we know today is a poor line of reasoning.

rawgame:

Your definition of dimension is most likely that of spacetime then which is on a spatial(length, breath and height) and temporal(time) basis which makes it four in all. You are also correct anyway. But there are other definitions of dimensions. Dimensions could also be regarded as aspects or attributes. Which also makes me correct in this regard. However, I was also concerned with that of a physicist. "physical properties that are regarded as fundamental measures of a physical quantity." I hope you understand me?

No I don't understand you. The author(s) of the Bible didn't get it right. Einstein didn't stipulate time, space and matter. You're just making things up and forcing them to fit while throwing in Einstein's name so you won't really be questioned. If you're moving from spatial dimensions to dimensionless physical constants, then you're talking about something else and are merely exposing your confusion on this issue.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by felixomor: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Weah96:

Go through my threads. I don't fear invisible people.

Damage control
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2016
ifenes:

The rate of pick and choose from the bible is phenomenon. I could actually quote a verse that will oppose exactly what you quoted. My point is,the bible seem to be a record of opposing ideas of people in the past. While some are are tolerant like yourself,some ain't. My stand has always been that there is no god dictating words to humans. We can solve a lot of problem if you would understand there is no god.

I might not be superstitious but saying everything we see is a product of nothingness or of a no-caused effect is just illogical. This contradicts one of Isaac Newton's law which says "A body will remain in inertia until an external force is acted upon it."
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I might not be superstitious but saying everything we see is a product of nothingness or of a no-caused effect is just illogical. This contradicts one of Isaac Newton's law which says "A body will remain in inertia until an external force is acted upon it."

Primary school classical newtonian physics.

This is why I don't argue with theists anymore.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Joshuabase:

Primary school classical newtonian physics.

This is why I don't argue with theists anymore.

Good for you, I never mentioned you in my thread in the first place. Other worthy atheists would be willing to argue. If you back out, the discussion continues without you.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by ifenes(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Have you been near the sea? I'm sure you have. The water will remain at Inertia unless the wave spins it around. The water will not cause flooding if not for the wave energy. Is the Wave god? No The wave is pure energy acting on the water

Volcanic eruptions. Energy moves the molten magan into spaces and heats it up to cause eruptions. Is the Energy god? No! Same applies to what Science called the big bang. There is no room for god in Science. I personally will acknowledge a god if it were the case

Energy is everything,which is in you and I. Every action we make is a different kind of Energy

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Points to the fact that our essence is pure Energy,the cause of everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by rawgame(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Domislaz:

Bro. I have followed your posts, this thread wasn't meant for you in the first place. How do you cope with conversations with this fellow who's post I quote below. He is the type that behave as if he reasons with his anu.s. A fellow who claims he knows when he and his coadjutors know nothing. Please don't argue with these people again
Thank you. I have heard your advice. I don't deserve insults from people who are below my class. I was actually pondering on this before I slept in the night then I got a ministration. This set of people are the reason why the holy book says:

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which
is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him
be holy still"- Revelation. 22:11

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by rawgame(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Domislaz:
Dimensional Analysis (Year one physics)

Most physical quantities can be expressed in terms of combinations of five basic dimensions. These are mass (M), length (L), time (T), electrical current (I), and temperature , represented by the Greek letter theta (q). These five dimensions have been chosen as being basic because they are easy to measure in experiments.

https://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/dimanaly/

People who don't know year one physics learn now O!

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by rawgame(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
Domislaz:

So you now admit that Dimension in physics can also have another definition which is the same as what that guy(rawgame) posted. Why not educate your coadjutors who think otherwise? His first post that you quoted, didn't you see him agree with the spacetime definition. You cherrypicked a part of his post without asking him what he meant.

You people just gave me a very good reason not to be an Atheist. It seems the minds of Atheists are excessively skewed.

One other thing, you can never and will never know physics more than me. In short, don't quote me again.

This people are just overtaken with their belligerence towards God. This makes them not to be able a comprehend a simple post. Thank God you noticed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
ifenes:

Have you been near the sea? I'm sure you have. The water will remain at Inertia unless the wave spins it around. The water will not cause flooding if not for the wave energy. Is the Wave god? No The wave is pure energy acting on the water

Volcanic eruptions. Energy moves the molten magan into spaces and heats it up to cause eruptions. Is the Energy god? No! Same applies to what Science called the big bang. There is no room for god in Science. I personally will acknowledge a god if it were the case

Energy is everything,which is in you and I. Every action we make is a different kind of Energy

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Points to the fact that our essence is pure Energy,the cause of everything.
Hmmmm. Brilliant piece. But the wave is dependent on gravity which in turn is dependent on unseen forces.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by johnydon22(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I must admit, the bolded has also disturbed me for a long time that I have also begin to ask questions. I see myself asking questions I have been afraid to ask for a long time and my peers would be like hey dude that's blasphemy or they give me the you can't question God hypothesis which I kind of loathe cos I know I got a lot of questions on my mind. I even go ahead to cite scriptural instances of people questioning God and receiving an answer immediately cos I need to calm the raging storm of questions that has ravaged the shore of my seeming unshakeable faith...... But I still continue to hope that there is someone I can depend on out there and He is willing to listen to me when I pray......... But taking sides with one person over another is a seeming fabrication by the people who claim to have been chosen by Him.

Our progress should be judged by the depth of our questions and the sincerity of our answers and our willingness to accept what is true and not what feels good..

Theology when answering questions do not tender answers to satisfy the question but rather give answers to satisfy the questioner, so philosophy is more about what feels good and not what is objectively true.

Like you said above " you'd continue to hope there is someone you can depend on out there and all..."

yeah that's a touching and profound hope but to me the truth makes you stronger and more independent, and also more willing to accept you own abilities.

One look at this universe and planet earth, it's objectively impossible to think an all loving, all benevolent entity is in charge of these things unless i've got the definition of "all loving and benevolent" wrong…

it is impossible to miss the glaring truth that God(s) are always what the people worshipping them want, people always say what and how these God(s) are.

Never trust a person or book that claims to be the words of God(s) or knows the will f God(s), it is always in coincide with the ideas of the person or author
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
johnydon22:

Our progress should be judged by the depth of our questions and the sincerity of our answers and our willingness to accept what is true and not what feels good..

Theology when answering questions do not tender answers to satisfy the question but rather give answers to satisfy the questioner, so philosophy is more about what feels good and not what is objectively true.

Like you said above " you'd continue to hope there is someone you can depend on out there and all..."

yeah that's a touching and profound hope but to me the truth makes you stronger and more independent, and also more willing to accept you own abilities.

One look at this universe and planet earth, it's objectively impossible to think an all loving, all benevolent entity is in charge of these things unless i've got the definition of "all loving and benevolent" wrong…

it is impossible to miss the glaring truth that God(s) are always what the people worshipping them want, people always say what and how these God(s) are.

Never trust a person or book that claims to be the words of God(s) or knows the will f God(s), it is always in coincide with the ideas of the person or author

Well said brother!!! But there are things which I have seen which are beyond the explanation of Science and Philosophy.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by ifenes(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Hmmmm. Brilliant piece. But the wave is dependent on gravity which in turn is dependent on unseen forces.

Thanks for that. Energy goes in a cycle and it is endless. Everything is one and different at the same time. Energy is one basically,which means we all are One in different forms of energy. Be it love energy,sexual energy,negative and positive energy etc

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
ifenes:

Thanks for that. Energy goes in a cycle and it is endless. Everything is one and different at the same time. Energy is one basically,which means we all are One in different forms of energy. Be it love energy,sexual energy,negative and positive energy etc

It is said that energy is neither created nor destroyed. But a spontaneous disintegration of unknown energy resulting in the big bang would have been impossible since energy can not be created and for all things to exist out of nothing, it shows that a higher being was responsible for the creation of energy. In fact scientists have conducted experiments which prove that certain events need an existing force with a mind of its own to occur. Around the 1950s, Stanley Miller, produced amino acids just by passing electricity into the air. It has also been discovered that amino acids are present in some meteorites and certain elements like Polonium which can only be produced by the decay of certain radioactive substances are found naturally in substances like graphite, gravel, granite e.t.c. It would be a miracle on its own for a non-caused reaction to create such. Also, for ancient men to have invented a book (the Bible) that has influenced the thinkings of people, it is a miracle far better than those recorded in the gospels.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by ifenes(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

It is said that energy is neither created nor destroyed. But a spontaneous disintegration of unknown energy resulting in the big bang would have been impossible since energy can not be created and for all things to exist out of nothing, it shows that a higher being was responsible for the creation of energy. In fact scientists have conducted experiments which prove that certain events need an existing force with a mind of its own to occur. Around the 1950s, Stanley Miller, produced amino acids just by passing electricity into the air. It has also been discovered that amino acids are present in some meteorites and certain elements like Polonium which can only be produced by the decay of certain radioactive substances are found naturally in substances like graphite, gravel, granite e.t.c. It would be a miracle on its own for a non-caused reaction to create such. Also, for ancient men to have invented a book (the Bible) that has influenced the thinkings of people, it is a miracle far better than those recorded in the gospels.

A higher being? I personally don't believe in higher beings. Let me define what a being is. Being is a continuous state,no beginning and no end. Basically Existence. Existence is also without a beginning nor end. There is no room for a higher being,we could rather say a more developed being even when we are not relating it to a humanoid. A more developed being on the other hand is a being(s)(perhaps in different form) who has more experience in a particular field. Example A manager at work is expected to be more experienced that a new employee. Same applies to a Football Coach etc A baby is the same being as the mum,but only less experienced and as time goes on the baby "grows up" to be an equal

This is why it will be careless to say a god caused the big bang. A strong gravitational pull could have caused the big bang or pure human being imaginations. Our solar system isn't the only one in the multiverse, and certainly isn't the first one. A colony of humans on the planet is like a colony of bees in a huge forest. We are only another form of life. Volcanic eruption happens all the time due to favorable conditions. A careful study of these phenomenon leaves no room to a creator.

I believe we are all scientists. Some have chosen to become professionals at it,while some like you and I are casual ones. We shouldn't rely on the works of others only when we can make research ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
ifenes:

A higher being? I personally don't believe in higher beings. Let me define what a being is. Being is a continuous state,no beginning and no end. Basically Existence. Existence is also without a beginning nor end. There is no room for a higher being,we could rather say a more developed being even when we are not relating it to a humanoid. A more developed being on the other hand is a being(s)(perhaps in different form) who has more experience in a particular field. Example A manager at work is expected to be more experienced that a new employee. Same applies to a Football Coach etc A baby is the same being as the mum,but only less experienced and as time goes on the baby "grows up" to be an equal

This is why it will be careless to say a god caused the big bang. A strong gravitational pull could have caused the big bang or pure human being imaginations. Our solar system isn't the only one in the multiverse, and certainly isn't the first one. A colony of humans on the planet is like a colony of bees in a huge forest. We are only another form of life. Volcanic eruption happens all the time due to favorable conditions. A careful study of these phenomenon leaves no room to a creator.

I believe we are all scientists. Some have chosen to become professionals at it,while some like you and I are casual ones. We shouldn't rely on the works of others only when we can make research ourselves.

hmmm. so are you suggesting that sub-natural humanoids like aliens are responsible for the design of our complex planet?
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Panshow(m): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
felixomor:
Throw an object up, it falls to the earth. Why, they say gravity!
Can you see gravity? No
Does anyone have the picture of gravity? No
As a matter of fact, go to another planet, why is there no gravity there? We dont know.
Some people believe there is something called gravity and scientists till today dont know why there is gravity.
Unfortunately, these same people who have never even questioned the origin of gravity once will come and try to sound intelligent by saying people should show a photograph of God before they believe that God exists.
There is God. Just as there is gravity.
You dont have to see them my dear, before you know they exist.
The fact that a man doesnt feel God doesnt mean that He is not.

"Mathematics is the language with which God wrote the universe" - Galileo Galelei

Famous scientists who made awesome discoveries we still rely on today all in one way or the other pointed to God in their exploits.
You may think that you are more intelligent than these scientists, but please show us your research and disvovery before you can convince us.
Moreover if you say these scientists were foolish, then please stop making use of the things they discovered.

Till today, there are videos of supernatural events caught on camera and yes! Those done in the name of God. And I dont just mean religious videos.
People who were scientifically certified dead, brought back to life by the power of God. And many other events.

Some will try to hide behind the excuse of which god is the real one if you say he exists?
But thats another topic entirely. You cant be asking which is the real way when you are even yet to believe there is a way.

Well either way, either one u choose to believe. We must believe in what we dont see, wether u like it or not
Wind, force, gravity, electrons, atoms, we cant see with our eyes but we believe
So also, God I cant see with my eyes but I believe because I feel him.
Read about Einstein's theory of General Relativity then you will know how and why there's gravity.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Seun(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Hey guys I am officially starting a thread to call all theists and atheists together for a peaceful debate. It is important to note that insults are not allowed but to atheists, skepticisms/refutations/criticism is allowed. To theists, take time to explain and not aggresively. Also, scare tactics and threats are not allowed on the part of theists. Unnecessary rantings and flare-ups are not allowed.
We have a forum for peaceful discussions, with rules against insults. It's called the Religion Section Of Nairaland: [url]nairaland.com/religion[/url]

I understand that you feel that the rules of nairaland are not being enforced, but the solution is not to create a single disorganized megathread.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Seun(m): 11:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Unlocked.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 12, 2016
Seun, how sure are you that there is no GOD?. It appears that you are surer than the worlds leading atheist Richard Dawkins.
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Seun(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2016
masperano:
Seun, how sure are you that there is no GOD?. It appears that you are surer than the worlds leading atheist Richard Dawkins.
I'm not sure that there's no God, but I'm sure that there's no evidence for the existence of any God. If there is a God, she has refused to provide us with any evidence for her existence. She's hiding herself from us. If God exists, she is a shy introvert who wants to be left alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Seun:
I'm not sure that there's no God, but I'm sure that there's no evidence for the existence of any God. If there is a God, she has refused to provide us with any evidence for her existence. She's hiding herself from us. If God exists, she is a shy introvert who wants to be left alone.
buhahahahahahaahahah

'introvert'
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by Funjosh(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Seun:

Lmao......................... is she beautiful or ugly cheesy
Re: Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here by anselm791(m): 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
What kind of God will she be if she goes about proving herself just because Seun wants evidence, I for one, will sure not want to to worship that kinda god.
But happy are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / Are All Sins Equal? / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.