Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court (9125 Views)

Poll: Was she acting?

Yes (for sympathy): 71% (83 votes)
No (serious malaria): 28% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by MUZBO(m): 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
Gosh! These EFCC people dey try o! They actually have 4 walled rooms; check out the triangular rooms in some police stations.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by MUZBO(m): 6:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
Who wants to bet, once she's finally let loose and returns to her bank, she'll make sure Oceanic bank buys generators for EFCC so that when the next CBN governor 'sets her up' she'll be ready.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by jkemzy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
Just a weekend without light and she is already collapsing.
Only if she realizes the kind of nightmare ordinary investors are having because of her actions/inactions
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by 3kay945(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2009
some guys re provokin me! kai what do dey mean by 'maltreatin or recongnise human right?., darknes and mosquitos are in all prisons and poorman' home, so what is the problem?, she wasnt drag on the floor like tafa balogun. she just got the glimse of wat million 9ja experien evry nite.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by RichyBlacK(m): 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
agabaI23:

Not in this tenure instead they will look for Richyblack!

The EFCC is a joke!

So, the CEOs had to be removed by the CBN before they (EFCC) could arrest them? I wasn't aware that CEOs in Nigeria had immunity from prosecution! angry

Are the EFCC jokers waiting for the CBN to announce more inept CEOs before taking action?

It is clear that the EFCC is made up of charlatans who are only doing what Fela called "power show", and who are ignorant of due process. When did being an inept bank manager become a criminal offense? When did pronouncements from the CBN governor become akin to pronouncements by the attorney-general? If mismanagement of funds can be interpreted as criminal, what have those pretenders in the EFCC done about those who willfully mismanaged the funds of the entire nation? And those who stole from the treasury and stashed them in European bank accounts?

When will those buffoons in the EFCC muster some balls and go after:
1. Ibori
2. Odili
3. OBJ
4. Anenih
5. All the hooligans involved in illegal bunkering (they're not ghosts)
6. All the goons sabotaging efforts to fix our refineries (most of them are in Abuja, very close to the EFCC)
7. Any Nigerian with bank account figures more than 5 times their annual salary (They must show evidence of how they made such money)
8. Any Nigerian with bank account figures more than 2 times their total income
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by RichyBlacK(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nigerians are very funny!

See our mumu president clearly mismanaging the nation and we're busy being distracted by bank CEOs.

There is no way anyone can make a case that these bank officials are criminals without making a case that OBJ, Yar'Adua and 90% of the Senate and House of Reps are criminals!

The EFCC is leaving the real thieves and going after their bookies!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Vsleek: 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2009
There shud let mrs ibru be. If first bank were 2b among wil lamido take such decision? I don't tink a bank like oceanic can fold.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
agabaI23:

Says who? Not all plasmodium spp have long incubation period MR MEND grin
The incubation period for falciparum is between 7-10days. Many Africans have malaria parasite in their blood. The kind of stress she was subjected to and the stress of mosquito bites alone is enough to crash her immune system.

Yes she may not be suffering from the infections of 2 days but the condition she was in might result in so many things undecided.

A shey we wey dey dey without, strong well well. No power, no anything and dem kwokwoama steal the small wey dey we acct. We are very very strong and resilent oh! I hail ordinarily regular people.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
agitator:

Do you know that this has been the state of the Nigerian detention system?  People have been raided ie mass arrest without any evidence and detained without evidence.

If she is your mother, crying on nairaland will not save her.

make dem giv her pure water nao! Hia I for help with one.When's d next court arraignment?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
@ Deep Soul: Please be sure which side you want or you'll be torn apart!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by ofokasibe: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
i pity her, i heard she was born with a silver spoon, so this is life, she has seen what those poor people on poverty striken nigerians streets go thru, i still pity her sha. i really feel for her , this is not funny at all. sanusi why now? grin grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by chiogo(f): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
LOL I laugh in mandarin @ some of these comments. It's not her fault @ the person talking about sleeping without power supply.

This story take style funny sha. embarassed
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by MUZBO(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2009
ofokasibe:

i pity her, i heard she was born with a silver spoon,. . . this is not funny at all. sanusi why now? grin grin
Sanusi wan steal the spoon for Yar'adua make hin take chop beans.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by zomby(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2009

See our mumu president clearly mismanaging the nation and we're busy being distracted by bank CEOs.

There is no way anyone can make a case that these bank officials are criminals without making a case that OBJ, Yar'Adua and 90% of the Senate and House of Reps are criminals!

Naijas will cry forever and ever.
Nothing is gud enough.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Sam7: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
I don't understand why some of us have become so insensitive. We have even shown that when we are in positions of authority, we will like SLS and Yaradua overlook people's rights to fair hearing and condemn the innocent and acquit the guilty. Did some of us ever learn while growing up that you need to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement on disputes? I am sure some of us posting nonsense are young people that complain of bad leadership time and again and yet are no better than the people they complain about.

The CBN has only accused these bank chiefs for Christ's sake. Let them defend themselves first. How will you feel if someone condemned you of an offence you are not guilty of and you were not even heard? In all sincerity, how will you feel? Have you bothered to lambast the FG for not paying the debts owed some of the contractors said to be owing banks? Have you cared enough to consider the CBN governor in all his supposed brilliance saying that it is only the CBN that can determine whether a loan is performing or not even when we have the CBN Prudential Guidelines in the public domain? Does that not tell you that he has devised his own standards for determining loan performance? So, he could wake up tomorrow and say simply because you made a last deposit of N10m against an overdraft of N90m just the immediate previous week and you have not made any this week, your debt has suddenly become non performing. Have you cared enough to consider the recklessness and speed with which SLS printed Nigerian money without any approval from the representatives of the people, without all due approval processes required? He even applied it to bail out banks without the review of the legislature. Were you on earth when Barack took the Bail Out plan to the US Congress and the whole thing was debated before finally reaching a conclusion? How did the UK handle theirs as well? Did you hear Ben Bernanke sacked Bank CEOs when Lehman Bros and co came apart? Doesn't all these hurried acts of disregard to constitution, human rights and common sense tell you something beyond what SLS is trying to make us all believe.

Nigerians are not all stupid and we will not swallow just anything someone is throwing our way. I am not trying to imply these Bank chiefs are innocent of any of the charges filed against them, but let us allow them to defend themselves and while waiting for them to defend themselves, let them be treated with respect and dignity like any normal human being. Some of us talk bad about the rich in their suffering because of inferiority complex. That is why God won't entrust riches into some people's hands because they talk nonsense when rich people suffer. Whether you are poor or wealthy, you should not be made to sleep in a cell without light, ventilation, and some insecticides. Let us begin to tell the world we respect ourselves and then the world out there will respect us as a people and as a nation.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Donvilo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Post.Eeeiyaaah! EFCC no let the woman die in ur hands ooo. shocked cry
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by agabaI23(m): 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Sam7:

I don't understand why some of us have become so insensitive. We have even shown that when we are in positions of authority, we will like SLS and Yaradua overlook people's rights to fair hearing and condemn the innocent and acquit the guilty. Did some of us ever learn while growing up that you need to hear both sides of the story before passing judgement on disputes? I am sure some of us posting nonsense are young people that complain of bad leadership time and again and yet are no better than the people they complain about.

The CBN has only accused these bank chiefs for Christ's sake. Let them defend themselves first. How will you feel if someone condemned you of an offence you are not guilty of and you were not even heard? In all sincerity, how will you feel? Have you bothered to lambast the FG for not paying the debts owed some of the contractors said to be owing banks? Have you cared enough to consider the CBN governor in all his supposed brilliance saying that it is only the CBN that can determine whether a loan is performing or not even when we have the CBN Prudential Guidelines in the public domain? Does that not tell you that he has devised his own standards for determining loan performance? So, he could wake up tomorrow and say simply because you made a last deposit of N10m against an overdraft of N90m just the immediate previous week and you have not made any this week, your debt has suddenly become non performing. Have you cared enough to consider the recklessness and speed with which SLS printed Nigerian money without any approval from the representatives of the people, without all due approval processes required? He even applied it to bail out banks without the review of the legislature. Were you on earth when Barack took the Bail Out plan to the US Congress and the whole thing was debated before finally reaching a conclusion? How did the UK handle theirs as well? Did you hear Ben Bernanke sacked Bank CEOs when Lehman Bros and co came apart? Doesn't all these hurried acts of disregard to constitution, human rights and common sense tell you something beyond what SLS is trying to make us all believe.

Nigerians are not all stupid and we will not swallow just anything someone is throwing our way. I am not trying to imply these Bank chiefs are innocent of any of the charges filed against them, but let us allow them to defend themselves and while waiting for them to defend themselves, let them be treated with respect and dignity like any normal human being. Some of us talk bad about the rich in their suffering because of inferiority complex. That is why God won't entrust riches into some people's hands because they talk nonsense when rich people suffer. Whether you are poor or wealthy, you should not be made to sleep in a cell without light, ventilation, and some insecticides. Let us begin to tell the world we respect ourselves and then the world out there will respect us as a people and as a nation.
Good one big sam
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Borat1: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2009
This is witchhunting, simple
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 8:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
Good one, Sam
Nobody should be guilty unless he or she is proven guilty in a court of law.
The problem here indicates that people are tired and hopeless to the point of crucifying anyone in Nigeria that is accused of corruption without any evidences.

And it is possible that this lady could be guilty of all charges, but let us simply chill-out and allow her to defend herself.

We have to grow as a society before we can move forward.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 8:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
We can not be acting like bunch of lawless barbarians and expect this country to be productive.
Instead of making fool of ourselves, may be we should redirect all that energy into focusing on evidence and making sure that she gets her chance to defend herself in a court of law.

Ms Cecilia is another Nigerian citizen and how she is treated regardless of her crime could indirectly affect each and everyone of us.
We must clearly understand the importance of acknowledgement of Human Rights law through out this process.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by agabaI23(m): 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
Depilot:

We can not be acting like bunch of lawless barbarians and expect this country to be productive.
Instead of making fool of ourselves, may be we should redirect all that energy into focusing on evidence and making sure that she gets her chance to defend herself in a court of law.

Ms Cecilia is another Nigerian citizen and how she is treated regardless of her crime could indirectly affect each and everyone of us.

We must clearly understand the importance of acknowledgement of Human Rights law through out this process.
'The death of anyman diminishes me because I am involved in mankind' John Donne
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by SapeleGuy: 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
RichyBlacK:

Top class post.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by DeepSight(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2009
Deep Soul:

I'm torn between feeling sorry for her and sayig "Welcome to the real world"

I'm so torn I'll just say nothing lipsrsealed

Sensitive.

And nice name. Coincidence.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
EFCC seems to exist solely for southerners.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by DGovernor2: 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
madam waziri, i bet to tell you that not long from now, you will have to face the same treatment in one of your detention camps. Remember how Ribadu is being treated .
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by touchmeder: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
i honestly feel sorry for her. really sorry
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
You should feel sorry for people who bought her bank shares at N35 and is fast heading to N2 now.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by denny4ril: 12:55am On Sep 02, 2009
let us seee if justice will prevail
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by wisekid: 1:28am On Sep 02, 2009
NIGERIAN always believe that when female are put in position of leadership that they we not steal like men cecillia ibru case testified that women is not a saint

i have no pity for that woman she should be treat like a criminal that she collapse show that is conscience of guilty is making him sick
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by mystikal(m): 1:43am On Sep 02, 2009
wisekid:

NIGERIAN always believe that when female are put in position of leadership that they we not steal like men cecillia ibru case testified that women is not a saint

i have no pity for that woman she should be treat like a criminal that she collapse show that is conscience of guilty is making him sick
WTF?
Not trying be a smart ass, but I had 2 read your post over and over, b4 I could pick your point.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by samir101ng(m): 1:53am On Sep 02, 2009
cry

So sad. How the mighty have fallen.

Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by MustardInc: 4:37am On Sep 02, 2009
Is this some diversion from the inept hegemony that is draining our dearly beloved nation?

Between, I keeled over and almost died of humor at the lack of diesel in the said Ikoyi Prison. How inhumane can Nigerian Law Enforcement get? Just wondering.  

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos : When The Governor See's You As A Mere "Commissioner" / Stop Panic Buying, NNPC Cautions Nigerians / Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.