Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court (9124 Views)

Poll: Was she acting?

Yes (for sympathy): 71% (83 votes)
No (serious malaria): 28% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2009
@ Topic,

Prisons and Detention centres are not holiday resorts,so anyone that goes in should not expect the kind of luxry they were used to in their normal homes. Sorry Mummy Ibru sad sad
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by kosovo(m): 5:26am On Sep 02, 2009
as ususal , treatment abroad, case DIES, Sanusi suffers,
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 6:30am On Sep 02, 2009
[b]@Depilot,
you opinion here reflects and represents your location - war torn zone with radical minded individuals undergoing physical and physicological reconstructions.
what makes u think obj did not reap the fruits of his labour when abacha sent him to jail? if such a woman made moves that will send many nigerians back to square one, why do u think she is not reaping the fruit of her labour?
she shld be rejoicing that this is nigeria and not a country like china otherwise, we will be discussing her soul resting in peace and peices.
you must be reminded that the majority of poor suffering nigerains are praying and crying unto God on daily basis and the only way God will answer to these prayers will be putting confussion among these criminals so that they can begin to within within their gangs.

@topic,
fainting is never a solution. she must learn to stand up to the things she believe in. if i be a judge, i will design special punishments for unnecessary faintings in our law courts.
if those of us who are suffering because of their carelessness and wickedness are not fainting, why will beneficiaries faint?
Mouris ibekwe'(okwele holdings) was refused medical attention while he was in efcc costudy and died afterwards hence i call on the fg and efcc to do same to all these fainting groups.
this fainting to me could be another skillful means of running away from the law as she will definitely ask for a medical trip abroad.
if there will be any form of medical attention, let it be in one of our empty hospitals[/b] QUOTE CHIDICHRIS

Can u imagine people calling for human right when people of her calibre use tactics in seeking for MEDICAL ATTENTION abraod.

Whats with the Mosquitoes, If she is rich enough let her Behind the detention room allocated to her taste.how much is Generator sef i.e 1.5kva.

We should stop putting emotion for these people, do u know how many Nigerian who efcc caught without being proven guilty is languising in this Detention camp.

If she want Comfort, Then its high time Oceanic Bank Redeem their Image by adding EFCC detention camp into their Corporate Social Responsibility. shocked

REALLY GOD saved her that she is not in CHINA.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by ebiskem(m): 7:08am On Sep 02, 2009
The fact remains that none of these Ex-MDs are criminals until proven otherwise by a law court. For now they are only suspects and therefore the Govt should bear 100% responsibility of their wellbeing. Afterall, the law is very dynamic. You might even be surprised that one or two of them might even walk away without conviction. Anyway 9ja must be better and it starts with you and I. wink
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by rasputinn(m): 7:12am On Sep 02, 2009
All these Sanusi Tsunami has just revealed the opportunistic tendencies in Madam Far reader Waziri (one of the most corrupt women in this country,being a product of corruption herself) angry angryshe's just queing behind sanusi to get a semblance of credibilty especially after my girl,Hilary Clinton gave them a soft tongue lashing  grin grin grin,also I can't say I don't envy the lawyers,I hear some of them are sending emissaries to "market" aides,family and friends of the embattled bank executives to join their legal teams,especially the so-called SANs  cry cry
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by FBS: 7:23am On Sep 02, 2009
@topic,
Oh dear!
This should be a Nollywood BB.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by opad(m): 7:27am On Sep 02, 2009
Eh ya! So the Rich also Cry
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by sley4life(m): 7:35am On Sep 02, 2009
ooh. I guess she framed it all. So as she conned the fainting they will fly her abroad, She needs to face the rot of the law. Mosquito indeed! She she eat mosquito. When they were loaning ghost companies they didnt know
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2009
Yes oooooo The Rich also cry and the Poor for once also Laugh.

Let her continue with shedding of crocodile tears.TSHeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

I think the Government have to make a strict Law now that accused person seeking for Medical attention abroad should be accomplained with Gov Official i.e preferably a medical Doctor to ascertain and report the condition of the accused in order to stem the tide of aborting justice or delaying justice.

we await her unfolding DRAMA. Actress to be in the future (May God Forgive me if am wrong).
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by PAININASS: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2009
Ibru doesn't deserve to be threatening! what about our greedy politicians?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by akolemoney: 9:02am On Sep 02, 2009
i personally think we should pay close attention to sanusi's moves going by the report on plans to sell 5 nigerian banks. i believe he should have waited fullaudit of all the banks before the sanction on all the banks. we all know that the frauds in the baks are boundf to be exposed sooner or later but sanusi should have waited and not be in a haste to sell the affected banks.
as for Ibru, she is from a rich family that can afford to by a 250 KVA generator to power the offices of the EFCC ( lol)
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2009
The fact remains that none of these Ex-MDs are criminals until proven otherwise by a law court. For now they are only suspects and therefore the Govt should bear 100% responsibility of their wellbeing. Afterall, the law is very dynamic. You might even be surprised that one or two of them might even walk away without conviction. Anyway 9ja must be better and it starts with you and I. QUOTE @ebiskem

No one is Calling CRIMINALS here until proving guilty. What is sauce for the GOOSE is sauce for the GANDER; They should face the same condition if not worse Nigerians caught in any act is facing in the DETENTION ROOM( So much for the calling of Human Right).

(Gov should bear 100% Responsibility for their wellbeing), Oya National Assembly begin allocate Money to Refurbish where Mrs Cecillia Ibru's Detention Room.it reallysound Great  

Am not saying some have not excape justice but let us allow the court to prove her innocent if truely she is and not be fussing on irrevant issues to distract the Court form duely giving the right JUDGEMENT.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by anonimi: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2009
she started the acting when she gave herself up looking weak
now she collapses
next you will see her lawyer requesting leave to take her abroad shocked for treatment
meanwhile, the millions of innocent depositors whose money she mismanaged and SME self employed whom she denied loans (for growth and job creation leading to greater kidnappings and armed roobery by unemployed youths) can continue gnashing their teeth and complaining to God to give them a breakthrough.
welcome to 9ja angry
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by anonimi: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2009
PAININASS:

Ibru doesn't deserve to be threatening! what about our greedy politicians?

At least we can start somewhere even though small before we go for the big fries.
I am sure you must have been told one of the good exam techniques is to start with easy questions and build up your confidence towards handling thetougher ones.
Let's encourage our law enforcement agents to take on their roles effectively by reporting the fraudulent people around us also.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Sam7: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2009
@ Justfash50

- I am astounded at the depth of your insensitivity and recklessness that I can't even figure if you even had an education you can boast of as having taken you out of the doldrums of illiteracy. Have you become so blind that you can now imply that it is alright for someone in detention to suffer the kinds of things Mrs. Ibru is suffering? Why do you make such mockery of someone who built a bank and became a reference point for the financial services industry in this country? You keep on making the whole thing look like a comedy and you are expunging the seriousness of the issue and its implication on the economy of the country with your psychotic show of manifest absurdity evident in your inappropriate comments. Let the case in court pull through and if she faints for whatever reason, the least you can do is shut up if you don't feel she is worthy of your sympathy. However remember that she is not the cause of the hardships this country is going through. She is not the blind FG who are chasing a lost cause against the governor of Lagos State who does not belong to their party on a flimpsy 20 to 57 LGs. She is not the FG who has promised year after year that power generation will be high enough to take care of all our energy needs in this country. She is not the FG that has kept youths at home for over three months with basically nothing to do as a result of a strike action which by all standards is a right call to order for the leadership of this country to pay more attention to education in this country (you can see you are one of the products of such a system ASUU is trying to stop) Only determined students (of which you wish you were among) make it through this kind of educational system and become someone great. You tend to forget that the bank this woman built has put food on the tables of many people, clothes on many living bodies, roofs over people's heads and hope for many. And please don't just tell me it is depositor's money she has used for all that, else you will be adding to your explication of your level of ignorance.

So, please leave this woman alone. If she faints (whether she fakes it or not is not your business), let her be. She is a human like you and I and she deserves to be treated with respect just as anyone else - no matter how low. I don't know where you got the idea prisons are meant to be a place of suffering when Ben Madoff did not even hear the buzz of a mosquito in his cell in the US. We have made the prisons a place of suffering and not reformation and for people like you, the norm has now become the right thing.

You need to stop mocking a person in his or her suffering, you may just be offending God especially where the person is not guilty as charged. If you do so, you will not find sympathy in the days of your own  travails, no matter how small. Even if the woman has done such evil that she is worthy of being impaled for, a sympathetic heart will make more sense than a vengeful one prepared to make the most of the derision of the subject. Please man, stop the disregard and just throw your keyboard away if you cannot be sympathetic. She is a Nigerian and she needs to be respected like anyone else.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by justfash50: 9:58am On Sep 02, 2009
@ Justfash50

- I am astounded at the depth of your insensitivity and recklessness that I can't even figure if you even had an education you can boast of as having taken you out of the doldrums of illiteracy. Have you become so blind that you can now imply that it is alright for someone in detention to suffer the kinds of things Mrs. Ibru is suffering? Why do you make such mockery of someone who built a bank and became a reference point for the financial services industry in this country? You keep on making the whole thing look like a comedy and you are expunging the seriousness of the issue and its implication on the economy of the country with your psychotic show of manifest absurdity evident in your inappropriate comments. Let the case in court pull through and if she faints for whatever reason, the least you can do is shut up if you don't feel she is worthy of your sympathy. However remember that she is not the cause of the hardships this country is going through. She is not the blind FG who are chasing a lost cause against the governor of Lagos State who does not belong to their party on a flimpsy 20 to 57 LGs. She is not the FG who has promised year after year that power generation will be high enough to take care of all our energy needs in this country. She is not the FG that has kept youths at home for over three months with basically nothing to do as a result of a strike action which by all standards is a right call to order for the leadership of this country to pay more attention to education in this country (you can see you are one of the products of such a system ASUU is trying to stop) Only determined students (of which you wish you were among) make it through this kind of educational system and become someone great. You tend to forget that the bank this woman built has put food on the tables of many people, clothes on many living bodies, roofs over people's heads and hope for many. And please don't just tell me it is depositor's money she has used for all that, else you will be adding to your explication of your level of ignorance.

[b]So, please leave this woman alone. If she faints (whether she fakes it or not is not your business), let her be. She is a human like you and I and she deserves to be treated with respect just as anyone else - no matter how low. I don't know where you got the idea prisons are meant to be a place of suffering when Ben Madoff did not even hear the buzz of a mosquito in his cell in the US. We have made the prisons a place of suffering and not reformation and for people like you, the norm has now become the right thing.

You need to stop mocking a person in his or her suffering, you may just be offending God especially where the person is not guilty as charged. If you do so, you will not find sympathy in the days of your own travails, no matter how small. Even if the woman has done such evil that she is worthy of being impaled for, a sympathetic heart will make more sense than a vengeful one prepared to make the most of the derision of the subject. Please man, stop the disregard and just throw your keyboard away if you cannot be sympathetic. She is a Nigerian and she needs to be respected like anyone else. [/b] quote @sam 7

Will u please do yourself a favour before calling names and read what i have posted above.

Let me make this Clear she does not deserve my sympathy unless proven not Guilty.

What av been saying is for the justice to prevail and not irrevant issues to distract the Court Process and i mean all i said its not Mockery at all.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by kunsky: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2009
why wont she collapse after gathering so much for herself, i dont pity any one of them, they should all spend the rest of their time in ikoyi prisons for all i care. even the little money i have as a small boy is been squandered by these greedy people. and some people still feel for the. i am sure she is trying to attract sympathy, she wont get mine anyway grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Sam7: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2009
@Justfash50-

You once again proved to me all I wrote about you. I think you need to read what you wrote yourself and you will realise how ingloriously you have stooped to condemn someone who has not even had the opportunity of defending herself. I will not write much because I have more important things to do than to attend to people like you on this thread. Just haveit at the back of your mind that whatever you do to others, people will do to you. The measure you use for others will be used for you. If you think another human doesn't need your sympathy (even if she had done wrong), then others will also think same of you when your own time comes. It may not come as elaborate as this, but you know that all humans require some sympathy from others at one point or the other in life. I hope you find someone to sympathise with you then. I don't pray evil will befall you, but I wish you knew better than being what you are.

Thanks.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by krimi(f): 10:23am On Sep 02, 2009
its rily unfair, wer talkn about her like she doesnt hold one of d largest shares in dat bank,wat am i sayn she owns d largestttttttt, shocked her family business so if she falls sick cos of d stress nd al i tink nigerians shud b supportive nd stop biffn she workd 4her money, yes she mishandled d operations bt plssss it cud b anybody nd sum of d accusers dnt evn av up2 4k in der accounts!!! dats if dey bank wt oceanic,
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 02, 2009
Uhm. cheesy
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by lynxnoon(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2009
i tink she fainted due to d stuffiness of d courtroom cos frm wat i read in tuesday guardian, deres was no lite n d place was so stuff dat d presiding judge had to alow lawyers to take off dia wigs n later d doors n windows were opened undecided
All d same,,,,,,,,,,to Cecelia Ibru-------WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!! angry grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Meldrick(m): 10:34am On Sep 02, 2009
Sam7:

@ Justfash50

- I am astounded at the depth of your insensitivity and recklessness that I can't even figure if you even had an education you can boast of as having taken you out of the doldrums of illiteracy. Have you become so blind that you can now imply that it is alright for someone in detention to suffer the kinds of things Mrs. Ibru is suffering?

Drinking panadol for another man's headache. Are u related to the Ibru's. Why are u venting your anger on an individual who speaking his mind or have you forgotten he is entitled to his opinion?

Sam7:

However remember that she is not the cause of the hardships this country is going through. She is not the blind FG who are chasing a lost cause against the governor of Lagos State who does not belong to their party on a flimpsy 20 to 57 LGs.

That's not the issue here.

Sam7:

You tend to forget that the bank this woman built has put food on the tables of many people, clothes on many living bodies, roofs over people's heads and hope for many. And please don't just tell me it is depositor's money she has used for all that, else you will be adding to your explication of your level of ignorance.

Of course. The motive of every investor is to make profit. She was making profit with depositor's money. She couldn't do it alone so it was inevitable she employed hands.
Sam7:

I don't know where you got the idea prisons are meant to be a place of suffering when Ben Madoff did not even hear the buzz of a mosquito in his cell in the US.

Ah Ah Ah   , there u go again. You said US. Have you forgotten you are in Nigeria? These prisons are obtainable in third world countries. She locked up most of her staff who committed fraud in these prisons so why must her case necessitate a comparison with the prisons in US. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

[quote][/quote]
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Nezan(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2009
I believe the collapse was in connection with the criminal charges that were read out to her. May be she thought her secret deals were no longer secret? well, just speculating.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Amjustme: 10:59am On Sep 02, 2009
Stop talking bad about her, is she the government? its not her responsibilty to provide light for you, she's just unfortunate to have been found wanting after clinton fired Nigeria's government if not she sure would have had her way as per Naija now. Let me remind u dat she is doing better than our government she provides jobs for many of us Nigerians. Look at it how many people in power have clean hands? Am not supporting what she did either but lets frown at what she did and still let her be biko. stop insulting her.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by baconline(m): 11:06am On Sep 02, 2009
Make I tell una,nothing go happen!!!!!!!! She will be set free!! and that is the end.No be naija we dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by kalmebad(f): 11:40am On Sep 02, 2009
For me it's a missed feeling cus anyone could be found in that shoe

But my question, y bridging the rules/laws of the banking industry?? when they know the dare consequences

Now she go fainting, wish every rich man will have themselves in this situation one way or the other so that they will also have the ugly story to tell.

No wonder it was said, the ultimate measure of a man is not in his time of comfort/conveniences, but in times of challenges and controversy, Watching while d drama unfolds.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by sley4life(m): 11:45am On Sep 02, 2009
Vsleek:

There shud let mrs ibru be. If first bank were 2b among wil lamido take such decision? I don't tink a bank like oceanic can fold.

stop speaking trash. If u dont have anything to say just wait till something enter ur medulla. Oceanic bank was already folding. I went there to pick up N2m bucks but i was delayed for more than 6hrs. I waited from 9am till 3.30pm before it was issued to me. All they were telling me was to hold on, not knowing they were going to other banks to borrow money, Many banks in 9ja are already folding up without us knowing.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by yinkaoke(f): 12:00pm On Sep 02, 2009
Lets just say the mosquitoes are having their own share of what they have been denied of .
Shea rich woman blood fresh and untapped, them they suck go like new born baby will suck the mother's breast.

Na wa oh!
gbam
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by agitator: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2009
Am just me:

Stop talking bad about her, is she the government? its not her responsibilty to provide light for you, she's just unfortunate to have been found wanting after clinton fired Nigeria's government if not she sure would have had her way as per Naija now. Let me remind u dat she is doing better than our government she provides jobs for many of us Nigerians. Look at it how many people in power have clean hands? Am not supporting what she did either but[b] lets frown at what she did and still let her be biko[/b]. stop insulting her.
May be I should eliminate your entire family, then you frown at me an let me be. How about that?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by lordmassac(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2009
People in her category will know what those are at her mercy is passing tru.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by aruzuoke(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2009
I got nothign to say.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by akinkunmi2: 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
All dis fainting is just a means of escape from judgement.
ojo gbogbo ni tole, ojo kan ni to ni nkan.let her face d consequence of her actions.shikana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Governors Should Emulate Buhari’s Way Of Governance – Ribadu / New First Lady Of Imo State Is 30 Year-old Lawyer (Photos) / Orlu Zone Will Never Know Peace Until They Provide The Corpses - Nigeria Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.