Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,384 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! (66344 Views)

Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by AyamBlaze: 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
Some Nigerians above me are just too superstitious. OP's explanation is very valid, and unless you can come up with a more reasonable explanation, I suggest you go back to school.
This is the 21st Century for crying out loud!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Adeevah(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
This write-up is so fake...

i bow for your level of ignorance oooo....Chai

If you believe this poo up there...you can believe anything

#Grasskor...RugNi
#nairaland sef

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by grandstar(m): 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
odutolasodiq:
op might be right. i walked on it! yes its true the river is flowing under! i was amazed too! please dont argue just make a trip down and witness it.

It's scary and spooky

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lordjiggs09:
Oboi, so this is what ftc feels like? almost two years on Nairaland and now this. sign of good things coming my way. if you believe, you know the deal......
Shout out to all Nlnders and to Oga Seun, for the gift of Nairaland.
God bless us all,
God bless a better Nigeria.

My broda happy FTC oooo

the thing tire me, hv neva know wat it feels like, abi u fit transfer ur own to me.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Brayss(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
I dnt knw wot to say gaan,bt Allah is Great

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by calculusx(m): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
This isn't a new thing, i've witnessed it many times in Epe. I pity people playing on the grass because there is possibility of reptiles stuck beneath the water trying to find their way out. Give it 1week, all the grass will either dry up or washed away.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by kayalla(f): 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Teempakguy:
Thank you very much.

Nigerian behavior don tire me. it's as if when they were coming to earth, some angel threatened to kill off their future spouses if they attempt research.

cheesy cheesy cheesy, we re quicker to believe anything than to even think it thru.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by emiloluwa: 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
What d op saying is 100% possible if only u know much about plant & H2o,ignorance wil make one to doubt dis,im nt saying they are nt supernatural power........so surprise when someone said no alligators in Nigeria,is even in d city of lagos,u may contest dat too
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by alizma: 11:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Teempakguy:
Thank you very much.

Nigerian behavior don tire me. it's as if when they were coming to earth, some angel threatened to kill off their future spouses if they attempt research.

to say that you believe op analysis means you have malaria. in as much as I don't believe it has to do with supernatural forces but it is quack an idea to think that leaves can be so gathered together by flowing water such that man can freely work on to of those leaves.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by logica(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
ancientbanana:
guy I knw diff btw the 2. An animal may not be from a region doesn't mean it can not be brought here n trained here. E. G the German Shepherd is a dog originally found in Germany but Don u c them here, likewise the Caucasians
OK. So who brought the alligators all the way from the US or China? You or your Head Master? And what does bringing an animal that isn't part of the local fauna have to do with the initial post where the author of this thread was talking about alligators (in the wild) in the Ogun River?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by khaybeebello(m): 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hey, shalla to op and others.
Guys I'm new here on nl, can someone please try to put me in the way, I mean how the game is played. coolHey, shalla to op and others.
Guys I'm new here on nl, can someone please try to put me in the way, I mean how the game is played.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by suzzyprima: 11:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
This write up is poo
I went there myself and snap this pics,zoom the pics and see sand, I mean along the footpath
Pls don't sit down at home and confuse people with a lack of depth information.
We need better explanation, not this one.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ancientbanana: 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
logica:
OK. So who brought the alligators all the way from the US or China? You or your Head Master? And what does bringing an animal that isn't part of the local fauna have to do with the initial post where the author of this thread was talking about alligators (in the wild) in the Ogun River?
so one first brought a Caucasian to Africa n started breeding it b4 it became a popular breed. Such can happen in the case of the alligators to over there. Just saying, don't always attack ppl.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by macaranta(m): 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Op's explanation is not logical,no amount of nicely stacked grass will allow you move on top it while water flows beneath.For that to have occured a significant amount of deforestation must have occurred nearby.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Horlufemi(m): 11:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
I read this thread about Ogun river in Kara drying up suddenly. I was surprise at various speculations people were making about the incident including. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3174249/ogun-river-kara-turn-dry

All of you are very funny! grin
Earth quake ko, drying up nii.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AT THAT RIVER.

Those green grass you see are plants that grew by the riverbed, they were either uprooted in very large quantity by the river current at various locations and carried by the flowing river. Due to some possible barricade under the bridge, the grasses could not flow across and thus causing the very large pile of the grass.

Due the pressure by the flowing water and the inability of the grass to cross the obstacle under the bridge, the large pile of grass was so tick that people could even walk over it with the water flowing under it.

With time, if the blockage under the bridge was not forcefully pushed by the weight of the accumulated grass or removed by someone, the grass will decay and gradually flow away and the water will become visible again.

So this explains why you have water flowing on one side of the bridge and the other a very pile of grass.

Hope you now understand the mystery behind the dried up water.

Source: Personal experience from similar incidents around canals.

It's very good to be observant.

it happens every year around canal especially during rainy season but not as thick this.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Horlufemi(m): 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
macaranta:
Op's explanation is not logical,no amount of nicely stacked grass will allow you move on top it while water flows beneath.For that to have occured a significant amount of deforestation must have occurred nearby.

It is very logical

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
We need reorientation in Nigeria, so sad that majority of us are still living in stone age..

Thats just grass,, ask urself.. If it was really a miracle,, why would the place be covered by grass , only grass? Why not dry land?

When moses in the bible made a way in the middle of the sea, it was dry land.. Not grass..

This is no miracle.. Pure science.. Prolly water hyancinth, earth rotation or sth...

Africa is truly the bottom of mankind

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bashydemy1: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
odutolasodiq:
op might be right. i walked on it! yes its true the river is flowing under! i was amazed too! please dont argue just make a trip down and witness it.
Lolz and the human is so light that could not sink that grass? Even a dried canal you will still feel it bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by suzzyprima: 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
viickerz:
We need reorientation in Nigeria, so sad that majority of us are still living in stone age..

Thats just grass,, ask urself.. If it was really a miracle,, why would the place be covered by grass , only grass? Why not dry land?

When moses in the bible made a way in the middle of the sea, it was dry land.. Not grass..

This is no miracle.. Pure science.. Prolly water hyancinth, earth rotation or sth...

Africa is truly the bottom of mankind

Yeye.earth rotation ko,earth distribution ni.
When u are not sure of something, U will feeeem!

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bashydemy1: 11:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:

Dont mind kids who wont bother to research or use their common sense before believing any superstition. I have seen similar incident happen at a canal not long ago.

I laugh at their ignorance.
Stop deceiving your likes please, Did that place look anything like under bridge? People say that saw the river flowing in the morning and this happen in the afternoon.. OP sorry your name is Linus.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by m6tem: 11:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Abbycite:
Thank u jare my broda....It doesnt take much to know that was a temporary issue. All u need to do is wait some few days n d leaves dry up and u can see d water surface again.....

Nigerian kids hardly educate theirselves.....if they are not watching African magic, u will see dem watching telemundo or using their phone to pkay candy crush.

The easiest thing to do is to use google and find out similar occurrence around d world....I taya 4 my pple jare

So you think the leaves will dry up in a few days? on top of water? Oya go do ur research too

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by odutolasodiq(m): 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
bashydemy1:
Lolz and the human is so light that could not sink that grass? Even a dried canal you will still feel it bro.
why not make a trip down and verify urself? there is a pathway on the river people could walk through i confirmed my self. may be u need to read the statement released by lagos state government warning people not to walk on the seaweed again cos it can sink any moment from now! my brother seeing is believing.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
suzzyprima:

Yeye.earth rotation ko,earth distribution ni.
When u are not sure of something, U will feeeem!

lol..

Google search "water hyacinth", i won't even argue with you... When Africans see something that is beyond their logic, they refer to it as a supernatural occurrence . This stuff is natural ... If you live near a riverine area, u will understand better,

do me a favor, go back there and snap a pic of solid dry sand on the "dried up river " and show me..

I don't really blame u sha, u r a girl

4 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by OjukwuWarBird: 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
chiefkpokp:
@op i support that guy that thinks u are high on weed, infact u r a dreamer, I didnt snap the picture, i was there koro koro, i was coming from Benin to Lagos, closed to Kara, we saw a lot of people running to the bridge to take a look, the scene was as if its was riot, as vehicles, transporters, were parking just to see for their self,i was inside god is good bus, we shouted for the driver to park let see, its happens just within 5mins, the water just dry up, turned into gree, what i mean dry land, i mean dry land.... people started running inside and callin it field, u are coming here to tell us, dis and dat, just to receive notice me. that thing is nothing but spiritual, anyone that will come here and tell me, other thing other than spiritual, na slap.

Are you saying, you were there when it happened live.?
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by odutolasodiq(m): 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
grandstar:

It's scary and spooky
sincerely it sound weird and strange but not to the scientifically inclined mind though! i actually spent up to 15minutes walking on that river yesterday! so do many people.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by OjukwuWarBird: 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
omoadeleye:
This is not new to me again, actuall there is once a river called "Salawa river" around Ota in Ogun State. The river too dried up or just flow somewhere else uptill this moment the river is yet to be visible back thou there are lots of chunks gasses in the area now.

How long did it take the river to dry up.?
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Caution30: 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
But OP,Did it just happened over night , or gradual acomulatn over time?
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Idrismusty97(m): 11:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Tell them what they want to hear, "It is spiritual, god did it".

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Araoluwa005(m): 11:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
MsTeeS:
makes sense now, thank you.
guy, it make's no sense at all. You need to be there yourself

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by OjukwuWarBird: 12:01am On Jun 21, 2016
viickerz:

lol..

Google search "water hyacinth", i won't even argue with you... When Africans see something that is beyond their logic, they refer to it as a supernatural occurrence . This stuff is natural ... If you live near a riverine area, u will understand better,

do me a favor, go back there and snap a pic of solid dry sand on the "dried up river " and show me..

I don't really blame u sha, u r a girl

You are an agronomy/biological novice for not doing proper research before saying water hyacinth.

Water hyacinth ko fire hyacinth ni

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bejick(m): 12:11am On Jun 21, 2016
It jus simple the dam over the river is locked. That all if we remember sometimes last four years ago the rivèr bank was ovèr flowing which destroyed properties around ikorodu area.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by kenx1(m): 12:12am On Jun 21, 2016
hummm Minister of environment grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hippo Killed In River Benue / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.