Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? (7733 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by TV01(m): 10:42am On Jun 24, 2016
Mindfulness:
Let me sum it up. You need specific conditions to be happy and I don't. Simple. smiley
Odd, and unsurprisingly, still unclear. Yes, one can be in a state of happiness, even despite undesirable circumstances. But one cannot experience marital happiness without being married (and happily so), or the joy of birthing and raising children without having them.

I was happy before I got married but sought - and thank God - found the distinct happiness only marriage and children can provide. But I do get your issues with risk wink.

crackhaus:
Mindfulness and TV01 coolcool
Not bad at all.
I read every single line from you both for a change this time around. cheesy
Cheers bro'. I did too, hopefully you grasped what Mindfulness was trying to say better than I did. And I hope I was clear.

TV
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by postmann: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

Let me sum it up. You need specific conditions to be happy and I don't. Simple. smiley

Did my mention of you some days back upset you?
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2016
The intended function of marriage - first for stability (financial), and then for legitimacy (offspring) - has been rendered almost obsolete and/or continues to be the world over. It counts today as little more than sentimental ritual, tho admittedly more so in some places than others. I personally don't see a convincing, rational argument for marriage. And I, for sure, think it's well on its way to fading into complete obscurity, especially if ever it's govermental perks are lost.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
crackhaus:
Mindfulness and TV01 coolcool
Not bad at all.

I read every single line from you both for a change this time around. cheesy

cheesy
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
TV01:

Odd, and unsurprisingly, still unclear. Yes, one can be in a state of happiness, even despite undesirable circumstances. But one cannot experience marital happiness without being married (and happily so), or the joy of birthing and raising children without having them.

I was happy before I got married but sought - and thank God - found the distinct happiness only marriage and children can provide. But I do get your issues with risk wink.

Cheers bro'. I did too, hopefully you grasped what Mindfulness was trying to say better than I did. And I hope I was clear.

TV

@bold

Very well said.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
postmann:

Did my mention of you some days back upset you?

No, I just don't care to vote for anyone.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by TV01(m): 12:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Healthy and robust marriages are, and continue to be the basal, normative, and pivotal unit of any flourishing society. Its monogamous male/female form ensures that a great number of men have a stake in society’s future.

It orders men to harnessing their efforts towards providing for their families, increasing productivity – yes, marriage is a wealth creator, an agent of progress.

It’s the best and safest domestic setting for women, and without gainsaying, the optimal environment for raising well-adjusted children and future citizens.

Whilst on the margins, there is room for other relationship forms, once a society foregoes marriage as normative, and consequently fails to sustain a high proportion of marriage relationships, it is already far gone.

Indeed, study any community where “marriagelessness” has already made headway – the pathologies are glaring. All societal ills, from crime, violence, sexual degeneracy, and even disease, will be able to trace some of their cause back to a preponderance & adoption of non-marital relationship types.

Nobody has been able to lay any charge against marriage. And all attempts to do so, evidence the following;

1. A desire to justify their non-marital relationship choices
2. Fear or failure to grasp what marriage is or for, and best of all,
3. A screaming big blank when it comes to proffering alternatives – that do the job

Have whatever type of relationship you choose. Or non, if you so please. Style it as you will. Champion it abroad. Laud its virtues, sing it from the rooftops if you so desire.

Outrightly and strenuously reject marriage as right for you. But please, don’t let the truth of marriage overly discomfort you, or feel the need to disdain marriage because you can’t live up to its demands. Or even worse, try and co-opt the perks, while attempting to jettison the obligations and responsibilities.

Those of us who get marriage, embrace it, and find it fulfilling in a way no other relationship can be, will always be here, smug testament to its superiority - and quite frankly divine institution.

I’m coming, it’s been a while I spammed this place with pix cool

TV

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by postmann: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

No, I just don't care to vote for anyone.

Then I'm pleading for your care. Odd as it may appear, I need you to care.

It's tomorrow, Saturday. Please.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
bukatyne:

I disagree here...

We all need constant validation/affirmation from loved ones.... that's how we were created; Even God needs constant 'validation'/praise from humans that is why He said He will raise stones to praise Him if humans don't.

Good lord! shocked
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
crackhaus:

The dichotomy of males and females proven once again. Reasoning and interpretation of certain things will always be different in the sexes. cheesy

A young man's top problem with being single will mostly rest in not having someone to have sex with on the regular, lol...
Kiss, hold, cuddle - these are not what a man usually seeks in a relationship.

You needn't respond, just had to highlight that. cool

How open are you to experiment?
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by 1b8m: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
for now i still haven't found time to fix marriage among my priorities. the african concept of marriage enervates me as I'd prefer engaging my wife alone and not her families.I am a core introvert and if i dont eventually find that woman that compliments my lifestyle, i might end up not getting married.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by claremont(m): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yieldings:
It gets lonely. No one to hug, kiss, hold hands or cuddle with. I'm used to it by now but there are times when I wish for these things. Anyway, I'm a strong, independent woman and don't need a man to be happy. grin

What are your thoughts about females who steal pictures from Instagram and use them on their Nairaland profile?!
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by crackhaus: 10:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

How open are you to experiment?
Lol, what will I be experimenting on?
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by crackhaus: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
TV01:

TV
I did grasp, and you were clear.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2016
Yieldings:
It gets lonely. No one to hug, kiss, hold hands or cuddle with. I'm used to it by now but there are times when I wish for these things. Anyway, I'm a strong, independent woman and don't need a man to be happy. grin

It's so funny how you guys attribute not being married to be synonymous with being single.

Heck, they are not synonymous.
One can be married and still not enjoy those things as well as not being married and still enjoy it.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 27, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, what will I be experimenting on?

Lol. The soundness of your premise, of course.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by crackhaus: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol. The soundness of your premise, of course.
It's sound by my own understanding.

You disagree?
If so, is it based on your own personal inclinations?

And yes, I'm open to experimenting.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by trekkie: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by TV01(m): 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
trekkie:

Profound. And yet you must admit that the modern marriage model will scare the average unmarried.

Yes and yes. But the fear can easily be expelled with a clear understanding of marriage, the way to go about it, and the right expectations to have. These should be grasped before marriage is entered into.

Most marriages that suffer do so because they are not right, ready or possess the required mindset. Clear that up and you are good to go. The failure rate should be in the low single digits at worst.

TV
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Raalsalghul: 12:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Florblu:

I piri the lady that will eventually settle down with you cos you will end up being an irresponsible husband and father.Please do this generation a favour by not getting married as you've prophesied.
Why are you so pained by his own decision? Drinking panadol on another person's headache.
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by Raalsalghul: 12:36am On Jul 05, 2016
RiffRaff:
Yea.. Me

1. I have never met anybody i want to spend the rest of my life with, even when i fall in love, i don't not imagine it to be more than temporary.

2. I do not understand why people get married. I think it is an attribute that is passed on from generation to generation. I don't understand the importance.

3. I am very much happy alone. If the ultimate goal of marriage is happiness then i already have the answer: "Being Alone"
I don't get it when people talk about lonliness. I am never lonely, i don't think my life is incomplete without another person in it. Nothing is amiss.

4. Everything obtainable in marriage, i can obtain being single.

5. Marriage looks like bondage & entrapment to me. So much rules, boundries & don't.
For example: you married someone & along the line, they changed into horrible monsters you wouldn't have dreamt of having a relationship with but then you stay cuz u made vows some years ago.

6. I am better off alone, my life is awesome that way. I can't tell you how awesome enough except you are me.
Exactly my thoughts, bro! You are highly sensed! Pity that people don't see it from that angle especially point no 5
Re: Anyone Here That Doesn't Want To Get Married? by swiz2(m): 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
The thought of having one woman for the rest of ma life scares hell outta me. . . Then I detest nags with my whole life.. Jeezz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should parents support teenage relationship for their kids? - Final / Can You Marry A Lady That Has Cohabited With Another Man? / Traditional Wedding Is Bullshit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.