Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,934 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari (31048 Views)

"Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / ‘disgrace To Nigeria That 27 Out Of 36 States Can’t Pay Salaries’ – Buhari / List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by blaqoracle: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
toposi4naija:
aand it is also a shame resources derived from a particular region of the country is also squandered by those fu¢king ba$tards in the North and in return kills people over little or no offence

shame on them....
keep on crying, Nigeria need more of your tear in order to advance.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by vikspring(m): 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
pharmagba:

Let me break it down for you.
Your father gave you pocket money for one month, you spent it in 5days, and couldn't meet your obligations. Whose fault is it?

speaking of sence ... u get sense
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Brainy007: 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
deebsman1:
A lot of quotable quotes from the mouth of the sage.

I love this man die.

He may have his own deficiencies too, just as he's human but baba is absolutely fantastic.

I criticizes u too when there is a need to, but baba u r a leader.

Bookmarking straight!
You just earned yourself another follower for that
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by alt3r3g0: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
MasterofNL:
True federalism/Regionalism is the way to go, simple.

True federalism in a nutshell just means more funds for producing states. With their 13% derivation and several ministries to develop the region. It seems all but Rivers state cant still pay salaries.

True federalism does not address corruption or common sense. Just more money to loot if nothing is done to stop the rot that's already evident in the states owing.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by amobii: 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
predear:
Dis president is unbelievable! Whose fault is it dat gov cant pay salary? Who is D CinC? Pls someone shld tell dis goro chewing president gospel truth.
Before you insult the President, have you take your time to ask what happened to bail out fund, just imagine oil producing state that always got 13% more than other states they still owing about 5 months salaries e.g Bayelsa state. The reasons are some governors are not thinking about generating more revenue and yet they want to construct roads and some other with a reduced allocations due downturn of oil price.

1 Like

Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Ofemmanu1: 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
amobii:

Before you insult the President, have you take your time to ask what happened to bail out fund, just imagine oil producing state that always got 13% more than other states they still owing about 5 months salaries e.g Bayelsa state. The reasons are some governors are not thinking about generating more revenue and yet they want to construct roads and some other with a reduced allocations due downturn of oil price.
Insult or not, it is a natural event whereby, when the "head" is spoilt, the body's got no chance of survival.
If it were in a sane old country, that daura cow woulda been guillotined.
Being a zombie is hell.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MielBaker(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
And you'll still see them hating.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
predear:
Dis president is unbelievable! Whose fault is it dat gov cant pay salary? Who is D CinC? Pls someone shld tell dis goro chewing president gospel truth.

Them been feel say awoff moni dey to chop and share anyhow, more baby oil to em NDA
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MielBaker(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Insult or not, it is a natural event whereby, when the "head" is spoilt, the body's got no chance of survival.
If it were in a sane old country, that daura cow woulda been guillotined.
Being a zombie is hell.

Nothing anyone will say will make you comprehend the situation. I'll further advice, sit down and think.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by alt3r3g0: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
Pavarottii:

Buhari can't fool everybody, u cut their allocation by 50% and expect dem to function at 100%. Are they magicians?

What will you call the remaining 9 states?
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
pharmagba:

Your father gave you pocket money for one month, you spent it in 5days, and couldn't meet your obligations. Whose fault is it?

I spent it in 5days by traveling round the world why won't the money finish?
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Julesrule: 1:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
So here they are taking the monies at high level and not letting it trickle to the workers. Isorite, please come and learn to make legitimate wealth here
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Ofemmanu1: 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
MielBaker:

Nothing anyone will say will make you comprehend the situation. I'll further advice, sit down and think.
I'd like to see things from your point of view but i can't seem to get my head that far up my as.s
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by DannyAlberta(m): 1:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Yyeske:
Anambra can never be found in such list, we too much.
I tell u
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by tundexijim(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
pharmagba:

And are u so daft that u don't know u need to look out for ways to make money for urself and try as much as possible to be prudent in ur spendings...
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nyore5: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
Let states control their resources. Practice true federalism. Then we will know those that can afford to pay salaries and those that can't
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by SageTravels: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
[s]
predear:
[/s]
skilfulsagei:

Why are you letting loose of your abysmal ignorance here? If you dont have a good grasp of what is being discussed, why can't you just keep shut!!!! You must be a spare parts seller, I guess.

I tire o
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MakaveliTheDon(m): 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
The inability to pay workers salary is the fault of both parties . Is not the function of the federal to allocate revenue for the states ? so whats now the duty of the the federal government if they cant allocate sufficient money to the states? i don't really see the impact of the federal government in Nigeria. The question is why the inability to pay during your tenure?
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Opeyemi4real(m): 1:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
And some Idiots will come online to castigate only Fayose!
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
amobii:

Since when did they give them bailout . stop talking like an illiterate.. they were given bailout fund and some used it to pay workers salary .. ask yourself this question why this during buhari's regime
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
amobii:

Since when did they give them bailout . stop talking like an illiterate.. they were given bailout fund and some used it to pay workers salary .. ask yourself this question why this during buhari's regime?
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by MakaveliTheDon(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
amobii:

Bailout since when ? it was used by some of the governors to pay workers then. ask yourself this question why this in buhari's regime both in APC and PDP states?
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by manny4life(m): 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
As much as we try to blame the governors, the truth is, the Nigerian economy is in shambles. No fiscal policies are in place for our economic activities to thrive. Yes we're fighting corruption which is good, but at who/what expense? Since the corruption battle started, how many institutions have been strengthened? Just about every industry in Nigeria is currently facing recession, how do you expect governors to generate revenue when there's little or no economic activity?

For instance, same time last year, exchange rate was about N250 vs. N340 right now, that's about a 35% increase. Who's absorbing the loss? And we wonder why state governors cannot pay salaries. The real truth is that most states in Nigeria aren't sustainable anymore, and pretty much at the verge of collapse, it's only but a matter of time. Now I see why NASS is trying to strip the president the "Power of Assent" on Constitutional Law Changes. Nigeria needs a drastic change at the moment, our current system isn't viable anymore, we need a turnaround. As for this, I blame both the FG and state governments.

1 Like

Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
blaqoracle:
keep on crying, Nigeria need more of your tear in order to advance.
dumb undecided
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
manny4life:
As much as we try to blame the governors, the truth is, the Nigerian economy is in shambles. No fiscal policies are in place for our economic activities to thrive. Yes we're fighting corruption which is good, but at who/what expense? Since the corruption battle started, how many institutions have been strengthened? Just about every industry in Nigeria is currently facing recession, how do you expect governors to generate revenue when there's little or no economic activity?

For instance, same time last year, exchange rate was about N250 vs. N340 right now, that's about a 35% increase. Who's absorbing the loss? And we wonder why state governors cannot pay salaries. The real truth is that most states in Nigeria aren't sustainable anymore, and pretty much at the verge of collapse, it's only but a matter of time. Now I see why NASS is trying to strip the president the "Power of Assent" on Constitutional Law Changes. Nigeria needs a drastic change at the moment, our current system isn't viable anymore, we need a turnaround. As for this, I blame both the FG and state governments.

yhu said it all......
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
MrBendel:

What have your governors in the south done with their state's resources? Dont but blinded by ethnicity and regionalism, the governors are all guilty.
let them control their resources and let's see wah they will do.......

till then......
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by olufrankfurt: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ondo State Governor invested without plan & spend much to finance it e.g Free Hospital in Ondo.
One need to invest wisely without rob shoulder with a state like Lagos because Ondo generate low Tax income.
For us to move forward we must learn how to manage our little share of the Budget, and realise that Corruptoin is a diseas that should be clean out of our System.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Okpabana:

You see yourself? Very dull comment.
yhu can come up with an intriguing comment

ZOMBIELIZED FOOL undecided
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
refiner:

I saw it dearie... infact, it made a whole lot of difference...

Please, Let me win your heart on saturday kiss kiss sad
yhu have mai heart already wink
yhu just direct it where yhu want cheesy
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by NICENEDU29: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
dadebayo1:
Shame on all emperor governors who mismanaged state funds.. I only wish Efcc can probe all the thief thief governors.
No. 1: T. A. Orji of Abia State. No past Governor in Nigeria stole more than him.
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by diva90: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
predear:

Stop it! You should be asking the governors what happened to the bailout funds. The president has absolutely nothing to do with the mismanagement of state funds. Let's always think before we comment
Re: It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari by sammft99: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
LOOKING FOR WHOM TO BLAME. YOUR SAID YOU WANT TO GOVERN NIGERIA,YOU CONTESTED AND WON ELECTION.SO FIX THE PROBLEMS. NO MORE EXCUSE FROM YOU PLEASE.OBAMA RESCUE AMERICA WHEN HE CAME IN AS US PRESIDENT WITH BAIL OUT ETC....START WORK COS YOU ARE NOW CIC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources / Omojuwa Reacts To Attack On Pastor Adefarasin On His Refusal To Endorse Anyone / Mmobuosi Congratulates Tinubu, Hints On Total Acquisition Of Sheffield United FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.