Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5396346 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MissTols: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Dear Mamas in the house.

This is my first post on nairaland. Ive been a silent observer for a while now, and I've been reading and digesting all the comments in respect of TTC. I must say that Ive learnt a lot from you ladies so much so that if you see the questions i ask my doctor... you would think i was a doctor too.

Ive been TTC for about 2 years now (I know its not a long time compared to others). The doctor diagnosed PCOS. This came as a shock to me as my period was always bang on time (up until when i started TTCing). Also i remember before my wedding that i always had ovulation pain every month instead of menstrual pain that many people usually complained of. I went through all the tests including the much dreaded HSG, everything suggests im fine. However upon closer inspection of my ovaries the doctor noticed that i had several immature follicles.

I have gone through 3 ovulation inducing cycles (clomid, metformin, FSH, HCG) and 1 failed IUI. My ever supportive mother in law even took me to an Iya Alagbo, but the agbo(s) are just too bitter for me. I fear that if i don't conceive on time maybe she would stop being so supportive.

My husband is the most supportive husband ever, however, my heart breaks whenever i see him play with children. I always feel that i have let him down.

At this point i really don't know what else to do. I have prayed, gone for MFM deliverance etc. but nothing yet. People keep telling me that I should stop thinking about it, and it would happen when i least expect it. But how can i stop thinking about something so important.

So for now, i continue to take the metformin, folic acid, vitamin e and evening primrose oil and i pray that God will answer my prayer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Emerald65(f): 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
priscaver:

its well dear, had a serious pain after my AF and did a scan turned out it was a cyst. do an abdominal scan u I'll know y u av d pain. cyst are easy to treat. I used reishi to clear mine.
Thanks ....will do just dat. but I took panadol n d pain subsided.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
hotmomma:
4realwoman, how are you. Please can u help get intouch with chinwedym nne ekene, i tink i read somewhere where it said you know her or hope am not mistaken. Pls tell her we miss her, that she should come back to nairaland.

I don't have her contact details would have loved to get in torch evn if is to find out how Ekene bobo is doing.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumihaja(f): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
creamyice:
hi peeps.
i just came across this forum today, im ttc , i had my right fallopian tube removed in march from ectopic pregnancy. The doctor say my left fallopian tube is okay but my problem now is i ovulate from only my right side and since right fallopian tube is not there, its making it difficult to concieve, please any advise on how to get my left ovary ovulate too. the right side is more dominant....i really need to get preganant again, my first child is almost 8 years old. Thanks

@creamyice, you just got me laughing...there is no advise on how to get one ovary or the other to ovulate.......normally women ovulate from the left or right ovary from month to month and secondly when one tube has been removed the other becomes very active provided it is patent....it works like a right handed person who lost his right limb after a while the left hand becomes active and can do virtually every thing....so absent of one Fallopian tube does not hinder conception....do your research on google and worry less.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hottestberry08(f): 5:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Aladunni:
Dis is a nice thread. If i may ask, how did y'all to fertility drugs like CLOMID. May the lord cast his countenance on us all.

Amen oooo am presently place on clomid after I did HSG nd went for d flushing last month,,i pray God bless my womb soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wholesomegrace: 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
shithapuns:

U cud try fertilsan m...it trending now.
Another option is the fertile aid.count boost.motility boost combo.
Though fertilsan m is actually cheaper when u compare.

For local remedy...there is the ogbolo n honey therapy.
Onion n honey.
Guava leaves and honey.

Aiit, thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 6:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Good evening mums..ds is to inform mums that are nt aware of a WhatsApp GRP created for TTC mums..I jus joined and it's bn great,its easier to get informations n catch up wt msgs.d grp brings us closer ,like 2day i got to knw we will be having our vigil by 12am 2day Nd it WL last for 2hrs,.if ure interested pls pm lalabu or ayauche..God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by peterian: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
RipVanWink:
so the 6 months supply of fertil san m has arrived.
Came today..instead of friday..they stated.
So any1 interested could pm me . So i cud waybill it.
Am selling/sharing it..so 3months supply is up for grabs.
.pls send me ur no thru my email ma..thanks u,woomiewoomie@yahoo.com
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Perculiar: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
MissTols:
Dear Mamas in the house.

This is my first post on nairaland. Ive been a silent observer for a while now, and I've been reading and digesting all the comments in respect of TTC. I must say that Ive learnt a lot from you ladies so much so that if you see the questions i ask my doctor... you would think i was a doctor too.

Ive been TTC for about 2 years now (I know its not a long time compared to others). The doctor diagnosed PCOS. This came as a shock to me as my period was always bang on time (up until when i started TTCing). Also i remember before my wedding that i always had ovulation pain every month instead of menstrual pain that many people usually complained of. I went through all the tests including the much dreaded HSG, everything suggests im fine. However upon closer inspection of my ovaries the doctor noticed that i had several immature follicles.

I have gone through 3 ovulation inducing cycles (clomid, metformin, FSH, HCG) and 1 failed IUI. My ever supportive mother in law even took me to an Iya Alagbo, but the agbo(s) are just too bitter for me. I fear that if i don't conceive on time maybe she would stop being so supportive.

My husband is the most supportive husband ever, however, my heart breaks whenever i see him play with children. I always feel that i have let him down.

At this point i really don't know what else to do. I have prayed, gone for MFM deliverance etc. but nothing yet. People keep telling me that I should stop thinking about it, and it would happen when i least expect it. But how can i stop thinking about something so important.

So for now, i continue to take the metformin, folic acid, vitamin e and evening primrose oil and i pray that God will answer my prayer.

@mistols, seems to be undergoing samething but I believe God has visited us. You can send me you PM or BlackBerry id let's keep in touch
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 8:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
hv taken ur email, will send u a mail 2moro.
u may remove ur email

@peterian
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumigrace(f): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
@Emerald65, I pm'd u.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
MissTols:
... ...

You hv said it urself... You said u dont know what else u can do. My humble opinion is that u take a break and relax to get urself recharged n refreshed. (Belle may enter then). If not u will continue the journey but more refreshed. Then having done all we can, lets step back sometimes for God to do His part... Others will put mouth... esp sabi mamas. (I am not a sabi mama).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Emerald65(f): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
mumigrace:
@Emerald65, I pm'd u.
Mumigrace, sorry I can't reply to PM cos I used Hubby's mail to register.
already sorted.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mamakendra(f): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
@misstols... have your dh done his own analysis (SFA) ? If not, you may want to start there.
You may also wish to add omega 3,6,&9 to your routine drugs.
Thats all I can suggest. Other mamas fit chok mouth sha.
Keep your hope alive
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamitie: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Please is it possible to have regular AF, no excess hair and the likes nd still have PCOS and is there something that triggers it

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by olamitie: 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mamakendra, that list of glorious names of our Mighty God was powerful!! I am so loving it.@delor, yes o. Lets keep singing His praises. Na thanksgiving mode we dey now... cos na manifestation we dey wait as He don answer our prayers already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Alwaystrue(f): 2:21am On Jun 08, 2016
Joyful mums and dads,
My hailings cheesy smiley. I know, it has been a while but I am here now. @Venizia and @praiseworks, thanks for the mention and follow up.

Test-confirmed parents, congrats and happy bumping. Faith-confirmed parents, it's your season of open doors.

Just know that despite the fact that God called Moses to come up hither unto Mount Sinai in Exodus 24:12-16 and it was not until the 7th day after Moses got there that God actually spoke to him, your expectation will not be dashed. He is faithful who promised and He has done it. kiss

10 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ayauche(f): 2:24am On Jun 08, 2016
@MissTols: welcome to dis one big happy family, my ur stay be fruitful and shortest. Mamakendra has said my mind, u ve done all necessary test on ur part, what abour ur DH? Let him also do the necessary test then allow GOd step into the matter cos he alone has the final say.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 4realwoman: 6:59am On Jun 08, 2016
priscaver:

its well dear, had a serious pain after my AF and did a scan turned out it was a cyst. do an abdominal scan u I'll know y u av d pain. cyst are easy to treat. I used reishi to clear mine.

Pls what product of REISHI did you use in clear yours and how do one take it pls. cos i have one from green world that i am taking and it come in coffer form. thanks

@MissTols, welcome and may ur stay here be very short and fruitful in Jesus name, Amen.

@Fvine, how you dey? Just checking up on u. Hope u are good ma?

@all, Happy Wednesday and have a bless day ahead, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 08, 2016
olamitie:
thanks, is it fresh bitterleaf you used or the washed one they sell in the market, i tried taking it this night but could not stomach more than half cup, it is so so bitter oMG!!)
fresh one not d already washed one in d market. Think of d end product and u will stomach it well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:22am On Jun 08, 2016
olamitie:
Please is it possible to have regular AF, no excess hair and the likes nd still have PCOS and is there something that triggers it
Yes it is. That's where I find myself. No trigger that I know of. I don't have insulin resistance and my blood sugar is normal. I ovulate but just not good enough for fertilization to occur. We can only manage and overcome it to get our bfps. Run away from Sugar and Carbohydrates. Take your medications as prescribed by your Dr. God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2016
[quote author=4realwoman post=463
morning dear. It was kedi products I used d highest dosage written on d park. A doctor suggested it. I took about 3 of d containers it even cleared the little fibroids left after my myomectomy. Had s friend that registered so she helped me buy at exact price from company
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2016
Benignasweety:
fresh one not d already washed one in d market. Think of d end product and u will stomach it well.

Morning sabi sabi mama , can I take something else that is bitter but I can swallow instead. there is something Yoruba women that sale herb call "muru" its more bitter but can be swallowed instead. I tried d bitter leaf and d following day fear grip me I could not put d cup on my mouth.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2016
My belleful mamas let's share this knowledge I got from "mybabyhopes.com" I was afraid of all types of teas I mean " Carmelina sinensis" cos of caffeine but now this is d recent research

In the past, women having difficulty conceiving
might have been advised to limit their caffeine
intake. But recent studies suggesting that
stimulating drinks, and specifically green tea, might
boost fertility. In a study conducted at Kaiser
Permanente Medical Care Program of Northern
California in Oakland, researchers found that
women who drank more than one half cup of
caffeinated green tea every day doubled their odds
of conceiving. No significant association was found
for other caffeinated beverages; therefore
researchers concluded that a chemical component
of tea other than caffeine might have been
responsible for the increase in fertility.
Because this conclusion opposes earlier findings
that caffeine can inhibit fertility, the researchers
acknowledge that their results may be attributable
to green-tea’s association with other lifestyle
factors that might enhance fertility such as
smoking less, eating less fat and regular exercise.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:36am On Jun 08, 2016
Good morning everyone and hope we'll having a great week so far. My apologies for the MIA thingz, nah condition make Crayfish bend cheesy. Am a very empathic person so I feel very strongly the pain of others. So at some point, while I was dealing with my own pains, I got deeply involved in the pains here and it was almost driving me insane. I was almost crying each night before sleeping questioning why God is allowing us here to pass through all of this. It also didn't help that work has been crazy busy and I get home tired and fagged out. Anyways I decided to take a short break but I never for one day forgot my family here. I read up in posts daily just found it difficult to comment.

I want to say a big thank you to all that asked after me here, BBM, WhatsApp, Email and all the mentions. Such overwhelming show of love. I really do appreciate it.

Congratulations to AyaTiraj and Joyfulmoda on their bfp, God will grant you a smooth pregnancy and healthy children, Amen. That's also my prayer for all who have gotten their bfp recently.

Congrats to those who celebrated their birthdays, anniversaries and all celebrations. May happy celebrations never cease in your life, Amen

For the waiting Mamas and Papas, do not despair, God will surely manifest our miracles at the perfect time, let's continue to sing his praises.

@ Loisemm, thanks for keeping the bfp roll call going.
@ 4realwoman, thanks for keeping the prayer praise chain going.

Ok I'll stop here before I resurrect my flair for long posts grin. I am here, have always been here and will always be here to support my e-family even after my blessings (bfp & twins) get manifested. I dey enjoy the Preggy Thread oh, the happiness on that thread is infectious.

14 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2016
priscaver:

Morning sabi sabi mama , can I take something else that is bitter but I can swallow instead. there is something Yoruba women that sale herb call "muru" its more bitter but can be swallowed instead. I tried d bitter leaf and d following day fear grip me I could not put d cup on my mouth.
It's not about the bitter taste, it's about the medicinal component. Bitter leaf has medicinal values that is useful in insulin sensitivities which is what diabetes and PCOS bothers on. Bitter leaf is very useful in the treatment/management of diabetes and PCOS. Although care should be taken in drinking this as it can drop blood sugar levels greatly. This is so especially for people who are on drugs that work on Sugar Levels like Metformin.

You can add a little salt to make it more palatable, also try using cold water ( Refrigerated Water), gulp it down rather than sipping/drinking. Keep something on hand to immediately use and clean the taste from your mouth after drinking. Just look at the end result and it won't be as difficult. It's well. God bless.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2016
4realwoman:

@Fvine, how you dey? Just checking up on u. Hope u are good ma?
@all, Happy Wednesday and have a bless day ahead, Amen.
Thanks Sis. Am good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2016
Emerald65:

Mumigrace, sorry I can't reply to PM cos I used Hubby's mail to register.
already sorted.
Create another email address, click on your profile and then change your DH's email which you used in registering to the new email address you created.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 08, 2016
Emerald65:
Wow....d Lord has bn so great..so many BFPs...thank u Lord
Congrats to all d mamas dat have gotten their BFPs, u shall all carry to full term and d Lord will also bless us all with more BFPs in Jesus name . Amen

Pls, have bn having slight pain on my right pelvic area but when my period started d pain increased so much, pls wat might b d cause of the pain....
pls don't jump n pass oooo.
cc..sugah,fvine,imoge,beningasweety n all mamas
cld b pelvic congestion syndrome cuz d symptom is pelvic pain few days to af. Itz a situation were by vericous veins in d muscle develops in the pelvic. Dont get scared.
Monitor d colour of d period. If itz normal den it cld be ovarian cyst rupture but if itz dark and heavy, It cld be an ectopic pregnancy.
Itz well mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fvine: 9:09am On Jun 08, 2016
MissTols:
Dear Mamas in the house.

Welcome to the thread, may your stay be blessed in the shortest possible time. Continue praying and praising God, your Bfp will manifest soon I pray, Amen.

As for the drugs, continue taking them. But please note that Evening Primrose should be taken from only AF (Period) to day of Ovulation and thereafter stopped. It disturbs implantation hence the need. Also high dose of Vit E up to 1000iu after Ovulation is also not advisable as it also affects implantation. Stop stressing yourself emotionally because that can also get in the way, just thank God for a supportive MIL, pray for her as you pray for yourself and enjoy the love she's showering you. Commit everything to God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2016
priscaver:

lolz... Itz not easy dear, tink of d end result. Pm me, I wnt to share sometin wit u.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.