Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,994 members, 7,848,997 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (3031) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5435633 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Diok92: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2023
steveng23:
Good day Sabi Mama. I have been off this wonderful platform close to 2 years now. Let me quickly confess my ingratitude to everyone. This is the platform that contributed so immensely to my wife TTC journey, before we made headway after ttcing for good 3 years without result. Even though what could have been the greatest gift n joy to my wedlock ended in stillbirth due to care-free attitude of the doctor n nurses that tended my wife. The trauma and shock from the incidence as well as struggle to make ends meet contributed to my inability to come back to thank everyone n share our TTC journey to pregnancy. To cut the long story short, I'm using this medium to thank everyone who always spare out time to listen, encourage, share experience and give godly advise and counsel on this platform. I pray God to reward us all accordingly and meet each one of at our very point of needs. Amen. Also, I want to seek clarification on another issue we are experiencing now from your pool of experience. My wife had another miscarriage last year November and her period resume immediately in December after D&C. She had her period in January too, but February own was late in coming. So we decided to take PT which came out negative, but he was having this kind pregnancy symptoms, so we decided to visit our doctor. He requested blood PT, to our surprise the result was positive. A week after she started seeing spotting of blood n we went back to the doctor who asked us to do scan,but the scan show no sign of pregnancy. The doctor requested for blood PT again which was also positive. Then he decided to place her on progesterone and other drugs. After we got home the spotting and bleeding continue but very light. So we decided to go for scan again on our own, but alas, it's negative. We did urine PT it's positive. For like two weeks now the spotting and bleeding has stopped, but the last Urine PT we did was negative. We're just confused now, even the doctor is confused too n advise that we take our mind away from pregnancy n we should start another round of treatment for TTC. This is our case. Has anybody experience this before. Kindly, advise. Meanwhile, the scan show no sign of infection, but prior to this time whenever we babydance after about 3 to 4 days I will start to notice signs of yeast infection. Please, I'm just so confused now. Thanks for reading through.

Had a similar experience where pt and blood test where positive but scan could not pick anything. Though I wasn’t spotting, the doctor ensured I did several scans and beta HCG to rule out ectopic pregnancy.which he finally ruled out ectopic pregnancy and concluded that it was pregnancyof unknown location.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Diok92: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
tiwor:

I have the scan result already

From your scan your right ovary is polycystic and you need to carry out hormonal profile test before they can make a finally diagnosis.

Depends on your hormonal levels.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2023
Good Day House.

Health Pratictioners is there anything wrong with this sperm analysis?

Your advice is needed

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pojomojo: 5:22am On Apr 05, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:
Good Day House.

Health Pratictioners is there anything wrong with this sperm analysis?

Your advice is needed
Nothing is wrong with it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omakraid(f): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2023
steveng23:
Good day Sabi Mama. I have been off this wonderful platform close to 2 years now. Let me quickly confess my ingratitude to everyone. This is the platform that contributed so immensely to my wife TTC journey, before we made headway after ttcing for good 3 years without result. Even though what could have been the greatest gift n joy to my wedlock ended in stillbirth due to care-free attitude of the doctor n nurses that tended my wife. The trauma and shock from the incidence as well as struggle to make ends meet contributed to my inability to come back to thank everyone n share our TTC journey to pregnancy. To cut the long story short, I'm using this medium to thank everyone who always spare out time to listen, encourage, share experience and give godly advise and counsel on this platform. I pray God to reward us all accordingly and meet each one of at our very point of needs. Amen. Also, I want to seek clarification on another issue we are experiencing now from your pool of experience. My wife had another miscarriage last year November and her period resume immediately in December after D&C. She had her period in January too, but February own was late in coming. So we decided to take PT which came out negative, but he was having this kind pregnancy symptoms, so we decided to visit our doctor. He requested blood PT, to our surprise the result was positive. A week after she started seeing spotting of blood n we went back to the doctor who asked us to do scan,but the scan show no sign of pregnancy. The doctor requested for blood PT again which was also positive. Then he decided to place her on progesterone and other drugs. After we got home the spotting and bleeding continue but very light. So we decided to go for scan again on our own, but alas, it's negative. We did urine PT it's positive. For like two weeks now the spotting and bleeding has stopped, but the last Urine PT we did was negative. We're just confused now, even the doctor is confused too n advise that we take our mind away from pregnancy n we should start another round of treatment for TTC. This is our case. Has anybody experience this before. Kindly, advise. Meanwhile, the scan show no sign of infection, but prior to this time whenever we babydance after about 3 to 4 days I will start to notice signs of yeast infection. Please, I'm just so confused now. Thanks for reading through.
It is well papa, the rise in HCG was the trick player in the positive result gotten after a negative scan so as the HCG levels decreased, you both got the negative result. For the infection thingy, take your wife to a good lab and let her run a urine culture, if there's any specific infection, it will be detected and proper diagnosis will be given..
Also work with a good gynaecologist in her next journey. Let her get enough rest from the very beginning and if your gynae doesn't suggest placing her on progesterone from the beginning, suggest it to him/her by yourself. I wish you both goodluck sir

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rukkymore: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2023
Good day mamas,
Please I want to start taking enzymes for tube blockage.
Please what is the differences between Nattokinase and Serrapterase?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bestest001(m): 1:06am On Apr 06, 2023
Please advice which is better or any fertility clinic around V.I or Lekki.

Nordic
Bridge
Hope Valley
Bloom
Saw these for online results

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pojomojo: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2023
Common causes of oligozoospermia and azoospermia are:

METABOLIC CHALLENGES:
- diabetes mellitus
- thyroid abnormalities
- chronic alcohol use
- illicit drug use
- adrenal problems

INFECTIOUS DISEASES:
- mumps virus
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection of the sperm duct
- tuberculosis
- polymicrobial infection with Klebsiella spp, E coli, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus aureus, Ng, etc.

OTHERS:
- previous scrotal/testicular/sperm duct operation
- varicocele
- trauma to the testis
- autoimmunity from exposure of the semen to blood
- severe stress
- malnutrition
- acquired abdominal testis

These are a few notable risk factors for oligozoospermia and azoospermia common with secondary types. If the report moved from oligozoospermia to azoospermia, it is simply from bad to worse. Maybe, the treatment wasn't effective, or the right treatment wasn't applied depending on the diagnosis reached.

I can't conclude about your testosterone result because I have to analyze the report with respect to the laboratory laid-out reference range which was not provided. For a case of azoospermia, it would be rather beneficial to have a full androgen hormone profile done than just the testosterone and a follow-up testicular ultrasound for structural abnormality.

There are other things to do but it depends on the doctor's diagnosis (seeing one is very necessary).

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by steveng23(m): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2023
Omakraid:

It is well papa, the rise in HCG was the trick player in the positive result gotten after a negative scan so as the HCG levels decreased, you both got the negative result. For the infection thingy, take your wife to a good lab and let her run a urine culture, if there's any specific infection, it will be detected and proper diagnosis will be given..
Also work with a good gynaecologist in her next journey. Let her get enough rest from the very beginning and if your gynae doesn't suggest placing her on progesterone from the beginning, suggest it to him/her by yourself. I wish you both goodluck sir

Thanks so much. Please, what could have caused the HCG surge when pregnancy was out of discourse?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omakraid(f): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2023
steveng23:

Thanks so much. Please, what could have caused the HCG surge when pregnancy was out of discourse?
If it was high at the time of the MC, it will gradually come down and it also differs as per our body.. You can read up more on Google.. Mama is fine, do well to score another goal soon
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tiwor(f): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2023
Diok92:

From your scan your right ovary is polycystic and you need to carry out hormonal profile test before they can make a finally diagnosis.

Depends on your hormonal levels.
I've done hormonal profile
That's the result
Thanks for your response

1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jokerman(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Good evening Doctors in the house.

Please is it OK to use these supplements together, I and my wife are planning/trying to have a baby.

CoQ10
Folic acid
Vitamin E
Vitamin C

Thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
Good day house! Please I need advise or more light shed on the issue of bleeding/spotting after confirmation of pregnancy. My woman happened not to see her period months ago ,so she did pt test which confirmed positive.but this week she saw bleeding(not much) but my fear is that it's been on for like 5days now and she do complain of irregular stomach pains .is there a way to curb the bleeding /pain and any assurance that the pregnancy is still intact after this days of continual bleeding?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Jokerman:
Good evening Doctors in the house.

Please is it OK to use these supplements together, I and my wife are planning/trying to have a baby.

CoQ10
Folic acid
Vitamin E
Vitamin C

Thank you

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mirob(f): 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
Psady:
Good day house! Please I need advise or more light shed on the issue of bleeding/spotting after confirmation of pregnancy. My woman happened not to see her period months ago ,so she did pt test which confirmed positive.but this week she saw bleeding(not much) but my fear is that it's been on for like 5days now and she do complain of irregular stomach pains .is there a way to curb the bleeding /pain and any assurance that the pregnancy is still intact after this days of continual bleeding?

Good evening, if she has been spotting for 5 days I don’t think it’s good, please take her to the your gynecologist or a good general hospital close to you. Don’t waste more time sir.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 1:35am On Apr 09, 2023
mirob:

Good evening, if she has been spotting for 5 days I don’t think it’s good, please take her to the your gynecologist or a good general hospital close to you. Don’t waste more time sir.
ok thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jokerman(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2023
Tripletwins222:

Yes.

OK thank you.. God bless
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Somberyl(f): 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Good afternoon Mamas
Does anyone know which of the ovulation inducing drug this is?

Thank you

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SoCalm: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Joanfelix:
Goodmorning house,
I’m currently 5 weeks n few days pregnant, please what the dosage of Duphaston tab can i take?
What dosage did you later go with?
My doc asked me to take one daily
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SoCalm: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
Cchy20:
Hello house,
Ive been married for 15months now, i conceived in the 7th month but miscarried at 8wks. Since then i haven't conceived.
Ive treated yeast infection, a friend recommended ajumbaise with cloves to drink b4 my fertile window.
I noticed the offensive odor frm my private has stopped. After the 2wks , i stopped n continued with folic acid.
Pls what im i doing wrong??
I practically use 2 apps to track my ovulation window. Sometimes there are semen leak but not much.
I was advice to take pregnacare conception.
Im yet to get it but i need an advice on what to do?
Do a hsg?? Or take clomid as ive been seeing on this thread.
Tnks
You can use preseed lubricant during sex… I heard it aids the sperm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
steveng23:
This is exactly what's happening to my woman, I have carefully observed.we did blood pt& test strip it came positive and , did normal scan in two different labs yesterday/ today and no sign of pregnancy in the womb , infact the doctor got confused and did same scan thrice to be sure it's not ectopic pregnancy,so the result conclusion was incomplete abortion, meaning clots of blood /tissue are still visible around the womb. You may be right on the yeast infection being the cause of this .my wife treated infections few months back but from my observation the yeast infection was not fully eradicated.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Diok92:

Had a similar experience where pt and blood test where positive but scan could not pick anything. Though I wasn’t spotting, the doctor ensured I did several scans and beta HCG to rule out ectopic pregnancy.which he finally ruled out ectopic pregnancy and concluded that it was pregnancyof unknown location.
please what next step did u take after this conclusion?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Omakraid(f): 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2023
Psady:
This is exactly what's happening to my woman, I have carefully observed.we did blood pt& test strip it came positive and , did normal scan in two different labs yesterday/ today and no sign of pregnancy in the womb , infact the doctor got confused and did same scan thrice to be sure it's not ectopic pregnancy,so the result conclusion was incomplete abortion, meaning clots of blood /tissue are still visible around the womb. You may be right on the yeast infection being the cause of this .my wife treated infections few months back but from my observation the yeast infection was not fully eradicated.
If wify had an infection, do well to test and treat same infection too do she doesn't get infected again during sex

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2023
Omakraid:

If wify had an infection, do well to test and treat same infection too do she doesn't get infected again during sex
we both took treatment,but I will like to do another test to be sure it's same infection.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2023
Nannyservices:
Goodday everyone, pls I really need help from experience moms, doctors from the house.
So I have been having difficulty getting pregnant for over a year now and I dont know what the problem is.

We just went for a hormonal profile test and semen test and my husband's result came back ok but my FSH level was 0.239(normal fsh at follicular.stage is 3.85).

The gynaecologist advised I come for IUI and billed me over 300k.
I dont have the money and I explained to a pharmacist who prescribed Clomid for me.

I have a very regular period (28days cycle) and I also ovulate (I guess). Pls someone should advice me on what next to do.

I took clomid last month for 5days (started on cycle day 2) but I wasn't with my husband during ovulation.because he traveled and was trapped during elections.
Now I want to repeat the clomid, should I increase the dose, or maintain the 50mg or avoid the clomid?
Pls advice me

Feedback...
I am grateful to all of you here who advised me when I dropped this weeks ago. The side effects are worrisome but luckily for me I had none.

Infact Clomid fixed somethings for me
e.g I no longer spot/bleed in between periods. Secondly I used an Opk after my last clomid and I ovulated which I believe I have not been ovulating which is why my fsh levels was low.
Lastly with this cycle period pain has reduced.

I was hopeful this month but I just started my period today and since my husband won't be available my fertile days, I will skip the medication for this month and try again next month and maybe switch to femara.
TTC is not an easy journey...phewww cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by SoCalm: 8:39am On Apr 12, 2023
Nannyservices:

Feedback...
I am grateful to all of you here who advised me when I dropped this weeks ago. The side effects are worrisome but luckily for me I had none.

Infact Clomid fixed somethings for me
e.g I no longer spot/bleed in between periods. Secondly I used an Opk after my last clomid and I ovulated which I believe I have not been ovulating which is why my fsh levels was low.
Lastly with this cycle period pain has reduced.

I was hopeful this month but I just started my period today and since my husband won't be available my fertile days, I will skip the medication for this month and try again next month and maybe switch to femara.
TTC is not an easy journey...phewww cry
You’ll get there sis. Just maintain a positive mindset
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cchy20: 12:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Is it true that baby dancing after fertile window hinders pregnancy and brings out period?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Undyinglove: 6:41am On Apr 13, 2023
Where can one do TVs in ikorodu ?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyCares: 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
Please help a sis, I've been married for 7 years now without an issue., I have recorded 3 miscarriages. We had some tests which revealed staphylococcus, myself and hubby were placed on treatment, he was really reluctant to use his drugs and vehemently refused to take injections. I took my treatment religiously. That was about 3 years ago, now I notice he has started experiencing the same symptoms he use to have, I told him we need to get back to the hospital, he stubbornly refused and prefers to mix leaves to drink.
I'm very tired of my husband , he doesn't take our infertility issue serious, infact he told me I'm the one with the problem. Tonight his mum called that I follow her to a church program, I just said OK, but I know I'm not ready to go because of lack of cooperation on the part of my hubby.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Saiak: 8:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Good evening house

Please help what’s the possibility of getting pregnant with this result without the Varicocele surgery as we can’t afford the surgery now.
Your kind response will be appreciated.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Psady(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2023
Diok92:

please can u enlighten more on this issue, mainly pregnancy of unknown location?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) (3032) (3033) (3034) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.