Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird (55890 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP / Ben Bruce Reacts Bashir Ahmad's Listed Achievements Of Buhari / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Olalan(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
saintnegroid:
can you say this when it has to do with amaechi? Would you ever accept the wrongs done by amaechi? If yes then I will take this your comments serious
Irrespective of who so ever is involved we all have to unite and condemn any wrong doing in this nation. Funny enough our leaders knowing how sentimental we are as a people have successfully divided us across ethnic, religious and political divides thus getting away with all wrongdoings. If some one is prosecuted the things that come up are oh he is in the opposition, oh he is from the south/north, oh he is a Christian/Muslim yet never asking if he truly committed the crime he his being held for.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by PureNigerian: 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Love Machine:
It is.What about the list of debtors some banks disclosed some months ago?Why has amcon not taken over their properties?

See original mumu

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by openmine(m): 5:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Why was he not PERSONALLY notified earlier(through a letter or any electronic means) about the closure or seizure of his company's properties...?
Was this as a result of his indifference with the leadership style of the presidency?
Only time will tell....
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by BlessedGNP(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
with this kind of comment, this Nation cannot move forward. Cant you just be sincere for once. Even Senator Ben Bruce is not complaining , why are you crying more than the bereaved.

wowmenow:
Ben Bruce it's well we know is witch hunting
They handed over your business to tinubu boy muiz banire

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Rapsino(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

Your redemption can only start from hell.

Must you play politics with a financial matter?

Even the supposed victim knows he his only suffering the consequences of a failed investment.
..point of correction it is not a failed investment.. if Silverbird has not gotten little of ur money... guy u r broke. *halls*
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Rapsino(m): 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
StOla:

Your redemption can only start from hell.

Must you play politics with a financial matter?

Even the supposed victim knows he his only suffering the consequences of a failed investment.
..point of correction it is not a failed investment.. if Silverbird has not gotten little of ur money... guy u r broke. *halla*
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by PureNigerian: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
cjrane:
The Buhari dulllard is a true dictatorial animal grin grin grin

Anyone that says 'pim' in Nigeria is either accused of corruption or his account and business are closed.

The Nigeria army should do its constitutional duty and remove this tyrant.

So removing a constitutional elected government is constitutional duty?
Mumu full Nigeria no be small

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by PureNigerian: 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Olalan:
Funny how some peps have started blaming the president in what is a solely business transaction gone bad which Mr Bruce has subtly admitted. Nigeria still has a long way to go if we all do not unite to speak against any wrong done irrespective of the political, religious and ethnic divide it falls. Banks that have collapsed in times past have their root causes in borrowings not repaid.

True

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by 1miccza: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
Now that's not just common sense that's maturity and honesty

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by 2kris(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
RoyalMail:

Guy, hope all is well? Is this your first time on Nairaland?
na 2go immigrate...let welcome him
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
Compound interest is a biatch. I wonder what the original principal was. Sad. Does this mean cinemas can't make it in Nigeria?
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
lmao! common sense can make someone humble oo grin

davibid:
It is common sense to settle issues amicably grin
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Because your non common sense senator has failed to pay back a loan collected after several years. This is how you intend to run your zoo republic.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
quote author=cjrane post=46851880]The Buhari dulllard is a true dictatorial animal grin grin grin

Anyone that says 'pim' in Nigeria is either accused of corruption or his account and business are closed.

The Nigeria army should do its constitutional duty and remove this tyrant. [/quote]
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by kadree(m): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
For d wailers, pls dis is d time u nid to rise up for Ben.no kobo is too small after all,of what love do u av for him without financial sacrifice? Rise up n prove ur worth ...dis is d time to increase d pitch of ur voice. wail! I say wail! to d high heaven for Ben's helper may hear n come to d rescue.it is time to justify ur name.
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by holaralph(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
1babeonly:
I think is bad government that causes an investor not be able to settle his debts, because if the economy is running, ceteris paribus, return on investment will be able to finance a loan collected from financial institutions but due to hardship, bad economic transformation and change, where everything is at stand still, most investors have quite, the surviving business will definitely suffers low return and would not be able to finance its debts.
........... See comment ooooo

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by miqos02(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
I like his response
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Fawklicant: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:
Ben Bruce it's well we know is witch hunting
They handed over your business to tinubu boy muiz banire

This is a business transaction, though business politics abound too but silverbird is not the first company AMCON has taken over. It happens regularly. When they have restructured the company for profit and recouped their monies, they'll handover back to mgt. Unless the business operations is not profitable, then they can liquidate the assets. N11 billion is not beans.
I think its just a coincidence that BMB happens to be a critic of this govt.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Favolly(f): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
So this same Twitter senator that was offering his allowance to a state that owed salaries had a debt of N11b hanging around his neck all this while?

What is common sense again?

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Fawklicant: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
oyb:
Compound interest is a biatch. I wonder what the original principal was. Sad. Does this mean cinemas can't make it in Nigeria?

Real biatch! I wouldnt be surprised if the principal was under N5 billion. Even with outrageous tickets for movies, pop corn etc. Anyways, Domino's pizza to the rescue. I guess some prices would be reviewed upwards. The amount they charge for common pizza enh can buy you 2-3 pizzas in the US.
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Fawklicant: 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
sukkot:
11 billion ? dats like 30 million pounds. so a bank can give one man this amount of loan ? issoraiiiiiii

Not one man, but a business conglomerate. Besides, that cant be the principal. The principal would be much much lower but you know...compound interest would be at play here and the longer the loan stays unserviced, that amount can take a leap of faith grin to N15billion in little time.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Ferdyboss: 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Favolly:
So this same Twitter senator that was offering his allowance to a state that owed salaries had a debt of N11b hanging around his neck all this while?

What is common sense again?

Don't be weakhead
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Fawklicant: 8:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
monex:

there are two interesting opinions;

first [/b]and really pathetic - as you said - those who claim witch hunt for a pure business transaction. You owe banks. I pay on your behalf on condition that if you can't pay me, I recover my money as equity. One reason for this is the over-zealousness of the Amcon staff who make it seem like they would close down the place rather than take over or sell out.

[b]second
- those who put him in the category of criminal and corrupt and who is receiving his due punishment. these ones dont understand that there is nothing criminal about owing and failing to pay back. it is purely civil.

My brother! You just said it all. This stuff happens all the time. I know many blue chip companies that AMCON has taken over a few times in recent years and it is not in the public domain. It is a civil matter. There is almost no big company in Nigeria today that transacts business solely on its financial muscle. They all borrow and most of them default. Not saying it is right, but it isn't criminal.
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by push24: 9:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
[size=28pt]AMCON can not legally take over his properties in Western Nigeria. And victoria island is western nigeria. [/size]
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2016
cjrane:

bubu knows that he wil soon die he gat no future porpose than to ruin everytin he did not enjoy as a youth
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by ddeola: 2:28am On Jun 24, 2016
Eyah !
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by just2ok(m): 5:21am On Jun 24, 2016
jmichlins:
See accused person owning up but many who got nothing out of the 11b will carry the matter like gala
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by lastpage: 5:35am On Jun 24, 2016
RoyalMail:
Thank God, he didn't claim witch hunt this time... Common sense

See more here tweets and pictures here

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/06/ben-bruce-reacts-to-silverbirds-closure.html

I knew he had to respond on twitter! grin grin grin

Onigbese twitter Senator!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by Zieristclair(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
cjrane:

GEJ was supposed to be removed by NA too,and ur useless head cut off along with his.
Re: Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird by KINGinVAHALA: 1:03am On Jul 03, 2016
DExplorer1:

LOL...I found this funny!
Hi bro, good day!
Please i will appreciate an offline chat with you if you kindly oblige me. Pm, bbm or whatsapp?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Print Your Improved NIN Slip / Amotekun Intercepts 16 Armed Hausa Men In Oyo / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.