Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC (32197 Views)

Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Interview, What To Expect / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by cephsaidu(m): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2016
I have never heard of any Federal Govt. job that doesnt pay Allowances to their staff..
bodmas2005:
Thank you all for ur time,opinion and advise i really appreciate. Yes i know that federal govt job is d best in term of job security which u cant find anywhere but u know money is tempting too #smile# on the day of my interview with d private firm i was told they needed some1 that will stay with them for a long time if not forever and they asked me how much i want as salary ..I be wan tell dem big money i just say make d money no too much..lol thats why i said 120k and i got their sucess mail welcoming me to their firm the third day who knows the pay might even be more than that,will confirm that when i get my offer letter. For FCSC who knows if they pay them other allowances apart from their monthly salary i just need to know.as i type am on my way to abuja for the FCSC job...am just confused..Wetin man go do
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nuhusky: 10:56am On Jun 24, 2016
Don't let the 70K on the Federal Civil Service Commission appointment letter deceive you its may be more than that plus some allowances cos my friend have the same issue his own was 80K per month on his appointment letter in one Of the Government parastatal but when he start he take up to 250K each month the issue here is that I dnt know Federal Civil Service Commission welfare packages, may be someone working there will assist you
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Who can help me get federal jo? God ymee?
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by DaGeneral(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2016
Bolustic:
Op, I believe you're a young man thus I can never advise any young person to work in Nigeria civil service except for Ministry of Finance or Foreign Affairs coz the demand for for efficiency and pressure still make the staff work harder a little. All others are lazy.

Work in the private sector, it aids your innovation, you'd be promoted according to performance and not years of service. It's demanding and also a training ground for you. Merit supercedes Federal Character.

For example, most BDC operators, financial consultants in Nigeria today were former bankers.

Just let Nigeria government run the civil service like the private sector and see how this country will grow.
I was actually typing a long epistle when the ntwk helped in making my typing disappear before posting probably because it would hv gotten a lot of insults but Tnx for helping me with it's summary.
The level of INDOLENCE in most govt offices is unmatched anywhere. I was fuming with anger in my hotel room some months ago wondering why I had to leave Lagos for Umuahia to reset in 5mins an overload on a panel that has left the whole plant idle for 3days and yet when they want to sign your maintenance form they are so quick to attach the ENGR prefix to their names. @Op you can choose to make a difference there or join the band wagon of those who wallow in mediocrity because almost all the advice on taking the govt job in based on “the having time for your self" reason not how to improve or bring innovation to the already dead system.

3 Likes

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by fortune1968: 11:09am On Jun 24, 2016
Even if fed govt job is 5ok ;never consider private job o o o.My brother,they can sack anybody at anytime;even within 3 months of appointment !
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Shygal(f): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2016
cephsaidu:
I have never heard of any Federal Govt. job that doesnt pay Allowances to their staff..
he he he, I'm a civil servant with the FCSC ie federal civil service commission. Been with them for 3yrs now. I can categorically tell you all that not all have allowances attached. Depends on your ministry, but no ministry have allowances except ministry of finance, works n foreign affairs probably cos of contracts, trips n workshops n its usually called "benefits"
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by blackpanda: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Depends on d job. If its stable, I advice u to avoid FCSC any time any day. The pay is pathetic. Very low working morale. Have u ever seen civil servants smile??

Save urself before its too late!

2 Likes

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by mamajaz(f): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2016
Federal all the way bro. There you are sure what is happening to one is most likely happening to all. When I was called to work in a federal institution years back, I was in a thriving private institution and my uncle do work with that institution too (though a federal worker too), he told me "sack them before they sack you and I did just that now am enjoying it all the way.

1 Like

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 24, 2016
Philomath1212:
Op, money is not everything.
Do SWOT analysis for the two options.
Then go for the one that will give you happiness.
Silicon valley?
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Shygal(f): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2016
cephsaidu:
he he he, I'm a civil servant with the FCSC ie federal civil service commission. Been with them for 3yrs now. I can categorically tell you all that not all have allowances attached. Depends on your ministry, but no ministry have allowances except ministry of finance, works n foreign affairs probably cos of contracts, trips n workshops n its usually called "benefits" and it doesn't even come all the time which most times is lobbied for. Plus The salary is not what u guys think o.... We sef dey find how to port o but to another federal govt job though and a Parastatal or paramilitary this time cos most times their salary is better off with allowances attached. But FCSC is 50k for all ministries starting from level 8 step 2, no allowances, no benefits. Lol

1 Like

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 24, 2016
If I were you OP, to be honest, I'm going for the private sector job. The only secret is you maintaining a we-can't-do-without-him in that organization and let's see who will fire you. You've got more dough to save, you've got reasons to strive and improve, you've got challenges and much more.

4 Likes

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by oscarnoble(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2016
bodmas2005:
Nairalanders please i need your opinion.If u have to choose between a job of #120,000 with a private firm or 70,000 naira job with Federal Civil Service Commission,which will you choose and why Kindly drop your opinion. Thank you
Lord I want to be confused as him soon on which job to choose

1 Like

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by engrkaz(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2016
PresVA:
If I were you, I would take the federal job. ..it gives you flexibility to do other business/hustle. .. Except you ain't business oriented. ..
Most private sectors come with so much pressure. ..

However, people tend to 'progress' faster in the private sector as you're exposed to the challenges needed for development. ..

All d best...
I am a Federal civil servant with one of the Agencies under the Federal Ministry of Science and Tech. It's against the public service rule to engage in other business ventures. As a civil servant u are only permitted to do agriculture.

2 Likes

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Shygal(f): 11:45am On Jun 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Depends on d job. If its stable, I advice u to avoid FCSC any time any day. The pay is pathetic. Very low working morale. Have u ever seen civil servants smile??

Save urself before its too late!
Lol truth be told... 10yrs u will see UV not changed or made any reasonable investments... Except if u steal!!! Like the top men do. The only adv is the security, pensions n loans flexibility. Plus ample time for ur family n other stuffs. But if its for the salary, FCSC its not Big as u guys think o. But for other parastatals like PENCOM NCC etc salary is so Fat* FIRS SON NEPZA TETFUND SEC, PTDF salary is very cool too plus plenty allowances. But FCSC encloses all the Ministries and salary is 50k for starters graduates. Level 8 step 2. Same with all ministries be it Aviation, works, environment, education etc. Oops just opened up on our little secret in the civil service... I didn't say anything o, Runs away***lol

2 Likes

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by janvier27(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2016
Also apart from job insecurity in private firms, most private jobs are not pensionable. I think the govt job will also afford you more time that you can apply and make more than that differential. So IF it's only on account of the pay differential, I think govt job is more advisable in this case. But you may also consider future prospects for that private firm or the industry.
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by uchman46(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2016
choose wisely bro buh as for me I would go for the FG job kinda cool...good luck
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by janvier27(m): 11:56am On Jun 24, 2016
Shygal:
Lol truth be told... 10yrs u will see UV not changed or made any reasonable investments... Except if u steal!!! Like the top men do. The only adv is the security, pensions n loans flexibility. Plus ample time for ur family n other stuffs. But if its for the salary, FCSC its not Big as u guys think o. But for other parastatals like PENCOM NCC etc salary is so Fat* FIRS SON NEPZA TETFUND SEC, PTDF salary is very cool too plus plenty allowances. But FCSC encloses all the Ministries and salary is 50k for starters graduates. Level 8 step 2. Same with all ministries be it Aviation, works, environment, education etc. Oops just opened up on our little secret in the civil service... I didn't say anything o, Runs away***lol

Hmmm. You also have points there.
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by tefund(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2016
adioolayi:
See why people want you to go for Federal Job...."You will have time for yourself".... "Job Security even when you do virtually nothing".....
We are really in soup...how do we develop as a Nation May God deliver Nigerians from Civil Servants I don't care attitudes to work!
no mind them!later they will be shouting nigeria is corrupt
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by teawhy2788(m): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
God,locate me wt well-paid job o! Am tired of staying @ home o! 8 months after NYSC,nothing yet,baba pick up my calls o!
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
And am here trying to get a job, while someone is choosing. Aha what a life !!!!!!!! If you have job for me pls send a PM.

1 Like

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
teawhy2788:
God,locate me wt well-paid job o! Am tired of staying @ home o! 8 months after NYSC,nothing yet,baba pick up my calls o!

8months no be beans o. A brotherly advise bro (which I never got in my time), learn a trade; barbing or something cool and be useful to yourself. In other 'job hunting' news, visit www.resourceintermediaries.org
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by cutextowsen(f): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sheggy13:

Does that also include state civil servants in states where salaries have been irregular? I'm taking it that you're a banker, right?

At the moment, I can only process for civil servants residing in Abuja. Yes, am a banker
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by MrHenshaw: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
bodmas2005:
Nairalanders please i need your opinion.If u have to choose between a job of #120,000 with a private firm or 70,000 naira job with Federal Civil Service Commission,which will you choose and why Kindly drop your opinion. Thank you
It all depends on career focus.More fund no doubt is important. U need to place the 2 side by side to get what u want.
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by HZwriters: 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
@bodmas2005, both jobs are good, but follow your heart. Choose the job that gives and brings forth in you the peace, the joy and the love that you are, only you knows what you want. Good luck in your decision!
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by bodmas2005(m): 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
70,000 naira job with Federal Civil Service Commission, is the best because Job security is gurantee other private company

Thanks bro
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by bodmas2005(m): 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
HZwriters:
@bodmas2005, both jobs are good, but follow your heart. Choose the job that gives and brings forth in you the peace, the joy and the love that you are, only you knows what you want. Good luck in your decision!

Hnmmmm....appreciate bro..thx

1 Like

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by bodmas2005(m): 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
MrHenshaw:
It all depends on career focus.More fund no doubt is important. U need to place the 2 side by side to get what u want.

Ure right...thx bro
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by princetom1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
bodmas2005:

Am really dissaponted with what everyone is saying. No wonder we all join government work force to get lazy and get paid for what we didn't do and loot the country dry.
What is ur essence of securing this jobs? Isn't it to make u a better person to be able to stand for urself in the future? Private is the answer.
I heard bankers laid off, after working for several years and they are complaining? What a bunch of lazy and unproductive fellows, my uncle resign as a bank manager to start a transport business.
If am joining any work force, is so that i can enhance myself, with experience, knowledge and connection. Not to join and become redundant. Don't join for money, join for better benefits. I will rather join a risky venture and become my own self than walk in the part of many.
Ask all the entrepreneur who has become successful how they did it. Don't let someone waste ur talent in the name of job security.
cc: 0rex, GAZZUZZ, Denn, Kingreign, Siena, jeffy1206,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by bodmas2005(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Shygal:
he he he, I'm a civil servant with the FCSC ie federal civil service commission. Been with them for 3yrs now. I can categorically tell you all that not all have allowances attached. Depends on your ministry, but no ministry have allowances except ministry of finance, works n foreign affairs probably cos of contracts, trips n workshops n its usually called "benefits"

Bro i will be working in the office of the Accountant General of d Federation.....do u know anything about their allowances/benefits pls
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by DealMogul(m): 1:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
obinna2nv:
Guy, go with federal work for crying out loud. Your pay ain't always going to be below 100k. Why do we allow money from private firms be cloud our sense of reasoning. Who even said public service can't be dynamic? Private firms entice with their fake money, I call if fake, because you're gonna work your ass off. And when they sack you, they don't look back. You'll definitely grow with the federal job with bigger and better salary and allowances. If that firm is not a multinational company, my brother you'll be a very big fool to chose them over a secure, pensionable, loan accessible and ultimately reliable federal job.

I wonder what you mean by the highlighted post?
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Shygal(f): 1:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
bodmas2005:

Bro i will be working in the office of the Accountant General of d Federation.....do u know anything about their allowances/benefits pls
I'm a Lady pls not bro.. Dunno anything about their allowances/ benefits but I think they have some special packages esp in ministry of finance n they do better off than some of us in the other ministries cos all we get is just the basic. My friend in finance was posted to world bank. What she has achieved in 3yrs is mind blowing... They offer them too many benefits n special packages. Her take home is completely fatter than ours in the other ministries cos of where she was posted. Her basic doesn't even matter anymore it only comes like extra change.! The excess packages made the difference. While in my ministry we only make do with the basic which is 50k. No allowance or benefit attached.
Re: 120,000NAIRA Salary Job With A Private Firm Or Salary Below 100,000 With FCSC by Holysholay: 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sheggy13:

Nice. What's your discipline and qualification like? You have an MSc or lower/higher?

PhD Chemistry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Recruitment In Nigeria Is Scam: What Happened In Oyo State / Pls I Heard Union Bank Is Recruiting Presently / Npower.gov.ng Registration Advice and How To Avoid Scam/fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.